Author Topic: Palace v Liverpool, Selhurst Park, Saturday 31st March, KO 12.30  (Read 35106 times)

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Crystal Palace v The Reds at Selhurst Park Saturday 31st March KO 12.30

After the eight week international break, or so it seems, we travel to Palace on Saturday for a dinner-time kick off against Roy Hodgson’s brave lads. Instead of the usual match preview I’ve taken inspiration from the old ‘Spyin Kop’ days that RAWK used to host and gone to find out what the Palace faithful are thinking about this one. The ‘Palace faithful’ in this case is my mate Nick, a season ticket holder at Selhurst and a keen student of all aspects of the game. (His last reply in the post below, about the Premier League, should concern us all). In summer we play on the same cricket team and where I like to imagine I’m batting with a rapier, Nick uses a broadsword. If Palace beat us on Saturday I’ll probably get hit by that broadside, figuratively at any rate, throughout the coming summer. But they won’t beat us. Will they?     

YK
We need the three points, you need the three points. We had a blip against Manchester United recently when Mourinho expertly parked the bus, a tactic that Liverpool occasionally struggle with, but apart from that we’re red hot at the moment, and have been since the autumn. So a couple or so questions. Will Palace ‘Park the bus’? Do you have what it takes to contain the Salah-Firmino-Mane trident? Can you grab your three points?

NICK
In my experience, ‘parking the bus’, is a phrase like ‘tikka takka’ which is for other more glamourous clubs! I haven’t seen Palace employ it successfully (as in hoping to snatch a point or unlikely win against the more fancied teams)- I have sat through turgid games which have been characterised by and endless onslaught, and at half time, at 0-0, one only has the hope of scraping through to the end. Inevitably we lose once we tire, and then its all been a bit pointless. (!) When we have been proactive against teams expected to overrun us, we have done well, (Man City, Chelsea).

With Zaha fit again and Sakho back in defence (dependable, despite his amusing wild goose-chase brain fades), we will hopefully defend from the front and wings. When Townsend and Zaha are at it, they keep quite a few opponents occupied, but if we sit back we just look like conceding. Macarthur and Milivojevic are the ones to contain your trident, hard workers, great solid footballers. Both have mistakes in them though.

I think we have a chance, after getting injured players back after what has been an almost cruel series of knee, thigh, ankle twangs. Zaha is the key. Perhaps the travelling Kop may get impatient if Salah goes scoreless for too long and Benteke may be sparked into remembering what his point is by playing against his former club but I suspect he may be telling his Grandchildren about the great Villa season in 25 years time).

Roy meanwhile will quietly stand in his area in a wet black anorak, looking like an uninspiring manager, but with a cunning attacking plan in his wet pocket.

YK
I want to ask you about Roy later, since he evokes such pleasant memories among Liverpool supporters. Zaha too since I know you rate him highly, and I rate him too. But can you say some more about the Liverpool old boys? Sakho divided supporters when he was here. There were some who thought a Rolls Royce footballer existed beneath the deceptive appearance of an out-of-control threshing machine. There were others who only saw the machine. Then of course he annoyed Klopp with his slightly surprising regime of 'dieting' pills and his casual approach to time-keeping. In fact I think the last conversation they had together was at the end of a pre-season tour of the States when Klopp suggested the club might leave him on Alcatraz during a boat trip of San Francisco Bay. (We thought he was joking. So did Mamadou. But it was the Klopp steel. Sakho never played again). He was a massive hit at Palace wasn't he, when he first arrived? What are your feelings now? 

And then Benteke. A dignified man who never moaned about being marginalised at Anfield, left the club elegantly, and occasionally showed flashes of what had made him so feared at Villa. But basically not suited to the Liverpool team. Is he suited to the Palace one? Have you forgiven him yet for that penalty he won against you in the 94th minute all those years ago? It was still very raw for you when we spoke about it recently.

NICK
Sakho galvanised our season last year by his power, incisive passing forward and his charisma. He is a very bulky, decisive defender, if on occasion “thrashy”! He has suffered through injury this season so is not up to speed properly yet, but a classy addition to our team. Popular too. I hope he employs his telescopic legs to block shots from your attackers rather than to mistime tackles in the box.

He did a strange thing earlier this season when, in a goal area melee, he though it a good idea without warning to back heel the ball from two metres to our keeper, taking both teams, the whole crowd and particularly Hennessey by surprise. Luckily it was misdirected and went for a corner! He represents the chaotic, but committed for the supporters.

Benteke. I want to like him as a player as I think he seems a good man. But I am in the majority of Palace fans who don’t expect him to score. He tries things creatively, and either he is on a different wavelength to those around him or his touch is too poor to make things happen. He drives fans mad with his insouciant attitude. We all like to see a centre forward charging after a lost cause, but CB has hardly ever done this. When he did he got the biggest round of applause in one game! His headed goals for Villa have bought him a career and Palace fans keep being disappointed when he doesn’t score the inevitable hatful, which we keep being told he will. Our goals are not scored by our main striker. Our goals are score by our now injured second striker, Sako.

There is also the continuing legacy from his snatching the ball from our regular penalty taker in the final minute against Bournemouth which would have secured 3 points only to miss with poor attempt at a dink. The whistle went and he turned to walk straight to the changing room with the whole crowd apopleptic (not dissimilar from the anger after his ‘winning’ that pen for Liverpool against us a few years back!) Zaha makes things happen all game on the wing, but rarely does CB get in the position to convert, frustration ensues. He needs to score goals for his confidence, its been said all season, maybe Saturday will be the day of reckoning, or maybe Roy will drop him for Sorloth, that would put the cat among the pigeons.

YK
Sorloth? I don't think I know him. He sounds like a character out of Lord of the Rings.

I have to admit I'd happily see Zaha with a tight hamstring that can't be risked. I saw him with you in that match against Stoke earlier in the season and he was audacious. There aren't that many audacious players in the Premier League, willing to back their own freaky talent, but he's one. I'm relieved to hear you say that no one in your side is really on his wavelength.

Tell us about the atmosphere at Selhurst Park. It was pretty impressive against Stoke I thought. The percussion accompaniment to the chanting isn't to everyone's taste I know. It can seem a bit strange and 'European' to the English ear. But the singing from the Holmesdale Road End was incessant and at moments of high drama it seemed to get the entire ground joining in. 

NICK
Sorloth, not heard of him? He was tearing up the Danish league until he became our marquee signing in January, he wears a full beaver hat and husky coat to training and keeps fit by pulling double handed swords from lumps of granite. Watch out for the curse of Thrawdor.

I didn’t say nobody is on Zaha‘s wavelegth it was Benteke’s. Wilf (as we call him, for it is he) was bought by Sir AF at United, when his final delivery was coming to nothing, raw. Moyes didn’t develop him, but develop he did- he has very fast feet and nous to go with it now. Most teams have 3 or 4 on him.

As for ‘where’s your famous atmosphere?”, it can be raucous and infectious, if the Holmesdale are up for it, particularly if there’s a comeback possible. The fanatics once went on strike to make the point that it was only they who gee it all up - it was like a wake in a library. We sit close to the away contingent so it’s hard to get a handle on it sometimes.

Newcastle, Liverpool, Swansea, Burnley are good visitors who react to the game in front of them and the vibe, but others like Arsenal and Utd spend too much time suggesting we only came to see their beautiful patterns - so patronising, it ruins it.

Best was 3-3 Liverpool, from 0-3- sorry but it was fabulous.

YK
Sorry for taking the piss about Sorloth. This is the sort of thing that normally comes back and bites me in the bum. No doubt the fella will come on and score a 96th minute winner.

I doubt it though. I'm going for 1-2 to us. As much as I agree with you about Zaha I think he'll spend more of the afternoon defending than attacking. Two of our unsung heroes since Xmas have been Alexander-Arnold and Robertson. We have a lot of pace and ingenuity throughout our team, not just in the attack.

Couple of final questions if I can Nick. Where do you stand on Hodgson? He's mainly a figure of fun at Anfield, as you probably know. When he was our manager he spoke of us as if we were a plucky little Championship team rather than the highly decorated club we are. Some fans who'd experienced Roma 77, Paris 81, Istanbul 05 etc couldn't buy into his parish-pump vision for the club. Has he won you fellas over?

And Jurgen Klopp. It's obvious why we adore him. But why does everyone else? 

NICK
Mark, I think that in comparison to Pulis or Pardew, Roy actually talks about his team, coaching and the club’s status when interviewed. He doesn’t engage in speculative trivia. Nor does he foreground himself by jumping about in stupid hats or dance and strop about when we score knowing the camera is on him. It’s good he supported Palace before setting off to coach around Europe. He was tremendously popular at Fulham and West Brom so perhaps there’s a clue there. Avuncular, yes, but boring? Not for me. He is a progressive manager not a bet-hedger and has experience to burn. I much prefer him to pragmatic Sam A.

I can’t say why it didn’t work at ‘pool.

Supporting a highly decorated club is different to a club like ours which, while in the Premiership, can aspire to survive, but in the Championship hopes for promotion. I’m unclear which I prefer. I am supposed to decide whether to renew season tickets for next season but feel slightly exploited, as the club, if it survives again will be millions richer courtesy of Sky. This business model sickens me, despite my affection for my local team. Leicester’s season when they won the league made us dreamers in the lower reaches, but it is an uphill struggle for 40 points all the time. It’s no real achievement to bloody Arsenal’s nose in one game a season.

I used to watch Liverpool on European nights on Wednesdays in the 70’s and 80’s and had a real affection for those marquee teams which seemed to represent us all. I particularly liked the cut of Bob Paisleys jib - he was emblematic of some kind of man. Union leader, comic or politician.

Klopp can smile, that’s his secret. He has a great European vibe, Dutch almost. Compare his face to Mourinho’s or Pochettino. I think we wish him well. Time to knock Man City off a perch or two?

That being said I love ‘going to the football’, and hope that Roman, my 19 yr old son who will be there on Saturday sees a thrilling game, particularly when we run out 3-1 winners ( I am guessing that’s his prediction)!

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Palace v Liverpool, Selhurst Park, Saturday 31st March, KO 12.30
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 12:10:05 am »
Cheers for the OP Yorky, and cheers to your mate too. Good of him to take the time, and I miss the old Spyin Kop things - don't think they've been around since I've been on here but read a few during my lurking days and they were always interesting and illuminating. Same they got binned really.

No idea how we'll set up, depends how everyone comes back from the pointless internationals I suppose, but I imagine we'll go with a near full strength side. Like everyone else I've got horrible memories of that 3-3 and Hodgson, Sakho and Benteke all have points to prove so it could be tough, but we're in reasonably good form and confidence should be high.

Oh, and the idea of Roy Hodgson the "progressive manager."   :lmao

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 12:29:23 am »
This will be an awkward game. We don't tend to do well with early kick offs, we also have the vast majority of our players on international duty [although we've had some players available today already ] and because of said involvement, some players may not be risked this weekend, because of the game against City in midweek [ie Henderson, I don't see him starting at Palace if he plays another ninety for England tomorrow]

I don't expect our intensity to be as high as usual, but I do think we will try to pick them off on the counter.

Can see this be a frustrating match. I'd take any win if offered now

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 12:51:13 am »
Nice one Yorky. And thanks to Nick.
Dinner time kick off? Klopp said it's breakfast time? As long as we have 3 points by tea-time we'll all be happy :D

Loved hearing about Sakho's back heal. I was a fan. Him and Virgil would have been great  :D
But it's Zaha we have to worry about. He is a talent
And do we have a midfield that can last the course with City and Everton following on fast. I guess we'll just have to see who is left standing for the toffees:

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 01:12:14 am »
12:30 Crystal Palace v Liverpool

Referee: Neil Swarbrick
Assistants: Adam Nunn, Adrian Holmes
Fourth official: Kevin Friend
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 04:05:20 am »
Nice engaging OP!  Thanks for your work there.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 06:02:58 am »
I think this will be tough. I believe our record isn't great under Klopp when we've played Saturday dinner time. Certainly feels that way anyway. Add to the fact we're going to get players coming back at different times due to internationals, which is going to make preparation for this game less than ideal. The lads are going to have to dig deep to bring home the 3 points we need. I just hope Zaha isn't going to be fit enough to play.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 06:42:54 am »
I hate international breaks but this one seems to have gone on forever.  It seems like months since we last played! Mixed feelings about the game, part of me thinks we'll win comfortably but there is a nagging doubt in the back of my mind!

Like SG, I too am hoping that Zaha doesn't play.

With Chelsea and Spurs meeting there's a real chance to open some daylight between us and 5th place here!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 06:58:05 am »
Can see this being a scrappy, poor quality game. Nearly always is after the International breaks. Will be interesting to see how much rotation happens. Depending on fitness we've got the options to do it everywhere but the attack.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2018, 07:26:57 am »
Get Milner in to protect Trent and double up on Zaha and the rest takes care of it’s self.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 07:53:43 am »
As said by others this will not be easy. We havent won a game at a 12:30 kick off this season so maybe its something that affects our prep?

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2018, 07:58:39 am »
As said by others this will not be easy. We havent won a game at a 12:30 kick off this season so maybe its something that affects our prep?

Be a very shite excuse if that was used.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 08:14:35 am »
NICK
Mark, I think that in comparison to Pulis or Pardew, Roy actually talks about his team, coaching and the club’s status when interviewed. He doesn’t engage in speculative trivia. Nor does he foreground himself by jumping about in stupid hats or dance and strop about when we score knowing the camera is on him. It’s good he supported Palace before setting off to coach around Europe. He was tremendously popular at Fulham and West Brom so perhaps there’s a clue there. Avuncular, yes, but boring? Not for me. He is a progressive manager not a bet-hedger and has experience to burn. I much prefer him to pragmatic Sam A.

I can’t say why it didn’t work at ‘pool.

Really enjoyed that, thanks Yorky. Made me realise that I really miss the Spyin' Kop as well!

On this though, my initial instinct was to spit my fruit tea all over the desk and laugh my head off, but then that voice in the deepest recesses tells me that Nick's right in the fact that Roy is rated, at West Brom, at Fulham, and seemingly, at Palace too. And there's a reason for that. The same reason that he failed at Liverpool. That reason being, that Roy, whatever we might think of him, is a decent football manager. He is good at what he does, and what he does is maintain a certain level. He won't exceed that level, and by God he'll ensure that expectations stay well within it as well, but he won't fall beneath it either, and that represents certainty in an era where it's increasingly vital to so many. Ergo, if you're a football club at a level whereby safety in the Premier League represents the foundation of success, then Roy is a good option. One of the best, in fact, and his rhetoric fits like hand in glove within that environment as well. If you ask him for more - if you expect more, well, then he simply isn't that manager, as his career has proved each and every time he's found himself overseeing football teams with expectations beyond his capabilities.

Putting Roy to one side, this is yet another huge game, and one that we cannot afford to take our eye off. Make no mistake, we remain in a dog fight to secure a top four position, and we could really do with winning that fight as soon as possible to take the pressure off in what we all hope is a continued Champions League run-in moving towards the end of April and into May. Palace are a decent team, and Selhurst Park is always a tough place to go and win. They'll make it uncomfortable, no doubt, and the early kick-offs have not suited Klopp's Liverpool on multiple occasions, all of which lead me to believe that this won't be straight-forward. Provided we go into this with 100% commitment however, we should have more than enough. In an ideal world we'll be sufficiently ahead after an hour to remove the risk of injury from the likes of Salah and Firmino. We don't live in an ideal world though, and i'm expecting a tight game here. I'm with you, Yorky, and a 1-2 Reds win. I'll take that too. Just get the three points, put the pressure on Chelsea and Spurs, and get out.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 09:55:20 am by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2018, 09:01:18 am »
Like others have said. Not looking forward to this.

They'll be in our faces making this as awkward as possible. Early goal to us should settle us down as Palace are hopeless in defence.

Scarppy 2 - 0 I hope

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2018, 09:06:24 am »
I think we win and we win comfortably.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2018, 09:13:42 am »

They just need to wake up for once. The prep is done well before kick off so that's no excuse.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2018, 09:41:38 am »
Nice one Yorky.
I was expecting to come in here & say fuckall else but how much i can't stand Palace & everything that goes with them..
Quite refreshing & a great little read that,i do prefer a spyin kop type gathered with an OP thoughts too.
Gonna mention the dangers in hope i throw the mockers on them..Milf (blame autocorrect),Townsend & that Mcarthur who does seem to get in amongst it when they threaten.
There arn't many games above beating Palace which i take more satisfaction from so i hope they are on the wrong end of a six or seven nil drubbing.
Realistically i think we will have to score 3 to take the points.

Probable..

Karius
Trent Matip Virgil Robbo
                 Hendo
        Ox.                 Milner
                Trident.

The only place up for grabs is Matips & i have selected him over Lovren going for a bit more composure in the back over Dejans aerial ability..don't go there,i know.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2018, 10:35:42 am »
This is a tricky one, Crystal Palace suck we all know that, but they tend to cause us trouble most of the time especially at their own ground. With Hodgson at their helm I really wish to smash them and send them down btw.
Believer

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2018, 11:38:28 am »
This kind of fixture is one of our final tests as a force in this league
Can we produce our level in an early kick off after a break against a team with limited ambition
If we do it’s an easy fixture because we’re much better at football than them

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2018, 11:44:05 am »
Palace played really well against united, and Hodgson actually played pretty positive football! Big test coming back from the internationals etc
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2018, 11:45:19 am »
Need to keep Zaha quiet. If we do that it'll go a long way to helping us win the game.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2018, 11:52:38 am »
Enjoyed that OP Yorky, thanks.

The Owl has done us over a few times in the past, and we're not great after international breaks. If we're on our game, we'll win handsomely, if we're not, it could be a long day.

Of all the London grounds, I used to hate going away to these in the 70's/80's.

Offline Gazza-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2018, 11:58:04 am »
We always seem to struggle to get back into rhythm after an international break, hopefully we will be firing on all cylinders and be 4 up by the 60th minute to rest a few for Wednesday. 

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2018, 12:10:10 pm »
Away against our bogey team, would do anything for a win.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2018, 12:37:29 pm »
Lost all games with Zaha out but only losing by one goal  against  Chelsea Spurs and United  in the 3  games before Zaha returned v Huddersfield.

Tough game .Going to have to be at our best .
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 12:39:01 pm by rocco »

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2018, 12:38:03 pm »
How the fuck is Hodgson going to play this one?

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2018, 12:42:14 pm »
How the fuck is Hodgson going to play this one?

Expect them to have about 25/35% possession, which doesn’t suit us .

Let’s give them the ball ;)

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2018, 01:13:09 pm »
Great. Match thread back means the international break is nearly over and thank god for that. Thanks for the OP and thanks to your mate as well. I do miss the views from fans of other clubs.

In recent years this fixture seems to have caused us a problem, and at key times of a season. I am not sure why because they ain`t particularly special as a team, although they have some gifted individuals. Zaha seems to have really progressed this season and is a player I would like us to be looking at. If we can keep him relatively quiet then as someone else has said, the rest should look after itself. Big opportunity to put some clear daylight between us and fifth and whilst they will have games in hand, it is better to have the points on the board.

I hope all the rest of our players come back without the usual collection of niggles and injuries. I know Gomez is injured but I haven`t heard of any further problems. The amount of time Klopp will get with most of them will be very limited but I am sure he will have them well prepared and with a definite plan. I can see milner starting this game just to add that little bit of steel and experience. The front 3 pick themselves and TAA will no doubt come in for Gomez.

"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2018, 01:25:40 pm »
Away against our bogey team, would do anything for a win.

We’ve beaten them away last 2 seasons

Online Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2018, 01:50:36 pm »
Let’s be honest we are better than them all over the pitch and in the dugout. 8/10 times we win this game. I’m always nervous for that chance we get beat. They will let us have the ball and wait for a defensive error. Get them beat!!!

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2018, 02:02:41 pm »
We’ve beaten them away last 2 seasons

Yes we've done better away playing them than we have at home in recent years.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2018, 02:12:27 pm »
We're on a high at the moment after our last result, hopefully not only do we win, but we thrash them!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2018, 02:16:55 pm »
We're on a high at the moment after our last result, hopefully not only do we win, but we thrash them!

Any win will do, none of the other big sides trashed them, they were all close matches.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2018, 02:17:52 pm »
Come on Redmen!!
Had heard Zaha not fit, hope that proves to be true. Need our main players to return safely tomorrow. Remarkable how often we are early ok after int breaks but no point making excuses.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2018, 02:20:37 pm »

I'll take a 1-0 after international break. Never easy for the big teams and they are going to be fighting for their lives.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2018, 02:25:07 pm »
Any win will do, none of the other big sides trashed them, they were all close matches.

Oh sure, I won't be unhappy with a 1-0 win.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2018, 02:26:03 pm »
Come on Redmen!!
Had heard Zaha not fit, hope that proves to be true. Need our main players to return safely tomorrow. Remarkable how often we are early ok after int breaks but no point making excuses.

He pulled out of international duty allegedly due to an injury, but I don't know if he actually has an injury or not.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2018, 02:30:30 pm »
He pulled out of international duty allegedly due to an injury, but I don't know if he actually has an injury or not.
Rest assured he'll be fit to face us. Fake ass Duane Dibley  >:(
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2018, 02:33:01 pm »
Rest assured he'll be fit to face us. Fake ass Duane Dibley  >:(

I'm personally going to wait for confirmation either way, hopefully he doesn't but they have to be more scared of our front three than we are of Zaha.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2018, 02:44:39 pm »
Oh sure, I won't be unhappy with a 1-0 win.

Haven't checked but was our only 1-0 win against them at Anfield our only 1-0.

And that was a pretty drab game.