Author Topic: The Run Home and CL Qualification  (Read 213256 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Run Home and CL Qualification
« Reply #1680 on: April 21, 2018, 02:49:29 pm »
We have Stoke and Brighton at home for heavens sake.  2 out of 3 games of the season is at home against a relegated side and a side who have zilch to play for. Think about stuff like this before you start shitting it.  :wave

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1681 on: April 21, 2018, 02:49:53 pm »
If we draw all three of our remaining games, we finish top 4. Stop panicking.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 02:54:24 pm by Geormajesty »

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1682 on: April 21, 2018, 02:51:20 pm »
Lets go onto next week and see what happens before we start convincing ourselves that we are going to miss out, as a fair few seem to be doing

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #1683 on: April 21, 2018, 02:57:09 pm »
There's no way Chelsea get 12/12.

We need one win to wrap this up.

Also, even if Spurs win their game in hand, they're still behind us.

Relax folks.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1684 on: April 21, 2018, 02:59:17 pm »
I’m annoyed that we dropped points from a winning position and wasted a chance to seal things earlier than needed but I’m not worried about throwing this away. We’ve also seen Spurs draw at Brighton this week. It may go on longer than we want but Chelsea and Spurs might drop points too. No point stressing about it overly, we’ll be fine. *

*And if we’re not you can come back and tell me you were right and I was wrong and that will make it all ok. :D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1685 on: April 21, 2018, 03:01:09 pm »
If we draw all three of our remaining games, we finish top 4. Stop panicking.
If we draw the first two games, we’d guarantee fourth. ;)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1686 on: April 21, 2018, 03:08:29 pm »
If we draw the first two games, we’d guarantee fourth. ;)
Yeah, confused myself into thinking Chelsea's max was 76 not 75. We're absolutely fine.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1687 on: April 21, 2018, 03:16:46 pm »
There's no way Chelsea get 12/12.

We need one win to wrap this up.

Also, even if Spurs win their game in hand, they're still behind us.

Relax folks.

I didnt think Chelsea would get 12/12 but they did look comfortable against an in form Burnley. They should easily beat Swansea and then they play us after we are away to Roma.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #1688 on: April 21, 2018, 03:21:23 pm »
Gladly take 5th as long as we win Big Ears.
Kenny Godglish

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1689 on: April 21, 2018, 03:28:33 pm »
Gladly take 5th as long as we win Big Ears.
The final is after the end of the season, so unless you finish the time machine on time, which you can change in a perpetual way...

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1690 on: April 21, 2018, 03:45:44 pm »
Still just need 4 points from Stoke & Brighton at home and the Chelsea game is a free hit. We'll be fine.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1691 on: April 21, 2018, 03:46:13 pm »
We have Stoke and Brighton at home for heavens sake.  2 out of 3 games of the season is at home against a relegated side and a side who have zilch to play for. Think about stuff like this before you start shitting it.  :wave

Stoke are not relegated yet? In fact if they beat Burnley at home this week then they are only 2 points behind Swansea, provided City beat Swansea.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1692 on: April 21, 2018, 03:48:37 pm »
We will still finish in the top 4, just taking longer than hoped, but we have a slight distraction going on.....
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1693 on: April 21, 2018, 03:49:29 pm »
Stoke are not relegated yet? In fact if they beat Burnley at home this week then they are only 2 points behind Swansea, provided City beat Swansea.

And Chelsea got to play Swansea. So we will both be playing a team fighting for survival.

Maybe our games aren't as easy as people are making out, but maybe Chelsea's aren't as easy either

Us and Chelsea have a near enough identical set of games: 1 game against people fighting for survival, play each other, and we have 1 game against someone who is safe mid table and  they have 2.

Why is it that we have a run in that can catch us out when Chelsea have a guaranteed 9 points minimum? Like I said we can't take any game for granted but I don't see how Chelsea have it easy?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 03:55:52 pm by Stockholm Syndrome »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1694 on: April 21, 2018, 03:52:57 pm »
Stoke are fucking terrible. And we don’t even have it beat them to get top 4.
This thread is madness

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #1695 on: April 21, 2018, 03:53:03 pm »
Personally I can't see us not getting top 4.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1696 on: April 21, 2018, 03:57:16 pm »
Our fan bases inability to cope with or enjoy playing for things at the end of the season is mad

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1697 on: April 21, 2018, 04:03:44 pm »
People are probably a little worried because that Stoke fixture is made tougher because it's sandwiched in between a CL semi.

And if we don't win it, suddenly we do have a bit of a problem going into that Stamford Bridge game.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #1698 on: April 21, 2018, 04:04:44 pm »
I'm absolutely fine with the run-in. My only issue is the fact that Paul Lambert manages Stoke - regardless of the quality of his sides, which makes it all the more infuriating, he constantly picks results against us.

This guy is long overdue a loss at Anfield.

Top 4 will be confirmed for us at Stamford Bridge
The change is cast

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1699 on: April 21, 2018, 04:06:27 pm »
People are probably a little worried because that Stoke fixture is made tougher because it's sandwiched in between a CL semi.

And if we don't win it, suddenly we do have a bit of a problem going into that Stamford Bridge game.

Even if we dont win against Stoke then as long as we draw we will still finish in the top four by either drawing/winning at Chelsea or beating Brighton.

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #1700 on: April 21, 2018, 04:07:18 pm »
Sloppy today, but it’s always hard chasing. A few weeks ago we knew it would be very hard for us to chase down Utd, likewise Chelsea chasing down us.

I’m certain we will finish top four.

Let’s all look forward the Tuesday night now.

Allez allez allez....

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1701 on: April 21, 2018, 04:07:46 pm »
Our fan bases inability to cope with or enjoy playing for things at the end of the season is mad

You ain't wrong.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1702 on: April 21, 2018, 04:10:06 pm »
Fourth will be decided before the game in Rome. Chelsea will not win at Swansea and we will beat Stoke.

Online Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1703 on: April 21, 2018, 04:13:08 pm »
I’m annoyed that we dropped points from a winning position and wasted a chance to seal things earlier than needed but I’m not worried about throwing this away. We’ve also seen Spurs draw at Brighton this week. It may go on longer than we want but Chelsea and Spurs might drop points too. No point stressing about it overly, we’ll be fine. *

*And if we’re not you can come back and tell me you were right and I was wrong and that will make it all ok. :D
Agree with this, although I do reserve the right to slag you off if we somehow fail to make top four.

Today was irritating, but not the end of the world. Might even give the players the kick up the arse they (possibly) need  - we've had far too many nice things said about us recently. Maybe if the media narrative pendulum swings back to "Liverpool are shite" the lads will feel compelled to respond.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #1704 on: April 21, 2018, 04:17:37 pm »

CL 2007, PL 08/09, EL 09/10, FA Cup 12, PL 13/14, FA Cup 14/15, League Cup and Europa League 15/16 have left a mark. The League Cup in 2012 and last seasons 4th place trophy are the only times we've managed to get over the line in the past decade. It's only human to be nervous when success is so close.

And I think we will get top 4 before anyone jumps down my throat.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #1705 on: April 21, 2018, 04:18:37 pm »
Stoke and Brighton at home should mean 2 wins. A W and D at the least, so we should make it. We can also beat Chelsea at their's. Not unlikely at all.

And don't forget Tottenham are a part of the equation too.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1706 on: April 21, 2018, 04:22:50 pm »
Stoke and Brighton at home, if we seriously can't beat one of them at home then I give up. The thing is some of you are worried about this and yet think we can win the Champions League this season. If we can't beat the above mentioned then we have no hope in hell of beating Madrid in the final.

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1707 on: April 21, 2018, 04:24:51 pm »
Start of the season I’d have been delighted with where we are in the league at this stage and still in Europe. Relax.
JFT97

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1708 on: April 21, 2018, 04:24:53 pm »
Stoke and Brighton at home, if we seriously can't beat one of them at home then I give up. The thing is some of you are worried about this and yet think we can win the Champions League this season. If we can't beat the above mentioned then we have no hope in hell of beating Madrid in the final.

That's a good point. ;D
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1709 on: April 21, 2018, 04:24:54 pm »

Yeah, football doesn't work like that. We won against an unbeaten all conquering City team then lost to Swansea and got dumped out the Cup at home to Alan fucking Pardew's West Brom.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1710 on: April 21, 2018, 04:27:09 pm »
Yeah, football doesn't work like that. We won against an unbeaten all conquering City team then lost to Swansea and got dumped out the Cup at home to Alan fucking Pardew's West Brom.

So basically any team be it us or City can win or lose to just about any other team? Good to get that cleared up. The Premier League for you.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1711 on: April 21, 2018, 04:28:00 pm »
So basically any team be it us or City can win or lose to just about any other team? Good to get that cleared up. The Premier League for you.

Exactly. Which is why we shouldn't be taking it for granted. Thank you for making my point for me.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1712 on: April 21, 2018, 04:28:21 pm »

So maybe Chelsea and Spurs can lose to any team too, or just us and City?
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1713 on: April 21, 2018, 04:29:14 pm »

So you going to put money where your mouth is, Bet against Liverpool to not get top 4 and we win the European Cup?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1714 on: April 21, 2018, 04:29:35 pm »
Exactly. Which is why we shouldn't be taking it for granted. Thank you for making my point for me.

Ahem.

Love Ren & Stimpy

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1715 on: April 21, 2018, 04:29:44 pm »

It goes without saying though. We have lost games against certain teams, City has lost to Palace. That's the beauty of the Premier League.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1716 on: April 21, 2018, 04:30:23 pm »
So you going to put money where your mouth is, Bet against Liverpool to not get top 4 and we win the European Cup?

Why the fuck would I do that? ;D

This fucking forum sometimes, I swear to god. All I've said is that it's not a done deal yet and we shouldn't take it for granted. I still think we'll do it and we have every chance of winning the CL as well.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1717 on: April 21, 2018, 04:31:15 pm »
Makes no odds either way if we win it anyway!

What was the famous banner?

Moses said come forth

Rafa said let’s win the cup instead!

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1718 on: April 21, 2018, 04:32:13 pm »

My point is any team including any of the big teams can lose to any other team on the day. United lost to West Brom, City have lost to Palace, Spurs only drew at Brighton. It makes no difference just take each game as it comes, no reason why we can't qualify.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1719 on: April 21, 2018, 04:33:13 pm »
Why the fuck would I do that? ;D

This fucking forum sometimes, I swear to god. All I've said is that it's not a done deal yet and we shouldn't take it for granted. I still think we'll do it and we have every chance of winning the CL as well.

I'm glad you find it funny mate because that's the extreme I'm talking about.  Same people here are worried about 2 of our home games against 2 shit teams, lets' be honest and yet 2 day's from now will be hyping this same group of lads up as European Champions elect, who will beat Madrid and Bayern, never mind Roma.