Author Topic: Coutinho  (Read 510982 times)

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
Re: Re: Coutinho
« Reply #440 on: December 31, 2017, 09:14:58 am »
Looks like he could be off according to those reports this morning. Very foolish to sell him in January...could well derail our momentum. However I don't believe we spent any 'Coutinho money on VVD.

What reports this morning? I haven't seen a single credible source on this.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: December 31, 2017, 09:17:07 am »
Would Coutinho even want to move this January seeing he can't play in the CL? If anything, this happens in the summer with a deal maybe agreed now.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #442 on: December 31, 2017, 09:18:15 am »
Can week the club bashing to a minimum please. As far as I'm aware, Coutinho is still a Liverpool player and nothing has been agreed with Barcelona. If anyone has any real news* to the contrary, please share.

*The Nike website and a Mourinho mouthpiece are not sources.

I don't see what Can has done to merit a week named after him. Even Hyypia didn't get a testimonial after his time here, let alone have a Hyypia week.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: December 31, 2017, 09:18:42 am »
Would Coutinho even want to move this January seeing he can't play in the CL? If anything, this happens in the summer with a deal maybe agreed now.

Why would we agree a deal now? He's not out of contract in the summer. And he's got a World Cup to win which would push his price up massively. We'd have to be absolute cretins to do such a deal. And we're not.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
Re: Coutinho
« Reply #444 on: December 31, 2017, 09:25:22 am »
Absolutely inexusable if we well him in January.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: December 31, 2017, 09:28:19 am »
I don't see what Can has done to merit a week named after him. Even Hyypia didn't get a testimonial after his time here, let alone have a Hyypia week.

;D Emre's a beautiful man though. Although Hyypia's got that Elvish thing going on which I am quite partial to.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #446 on: December 31, 2017, 09:35:33 am »
Ah, so that's why we tend to avoid the transfer forum most of the time.........

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: December 31, 2017, 09:41:30 am »
Why would we agree a deal now? He's not out of contract in the summer. And he's got a World Cup to win which would push his price up massively. We'd have to be absolute cretins to do such a deal. And we're not.

Well if we are resigned to losing him, agreeing a deal now for the summer would allow us to maybe bring his replacements in this window. Not saying we should or we shouldn't. One thing for sure is that he must play this season out for us.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #448 on: December 31, 2017, 09:41:47 am »

He put the ball out for a throw at the end. That sort of needle is definitely worth a week.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #449 on: December 31, 2017, 09:44:50 am »
If you're a player who is looking to move in a WC year, would you prefer sooner or right at the time you are to be concentrating on a key tournament where your contribution is vital? 

World Cup transfers are always complicated and why most of these don't happen until the tournament is over and then the window shrinks etc

Being cup tied is a big disadvantage, for now, but they are in the knockout phase and getting integrated into the team will be important even ahead of a WC summer where training camp will be abbreviated & thus prolonging his integration

Never mind the player. Where are advantages for Liverpool FC in making the deal now? As far as I can see none, therefore the deal would make no sense especially timing wise. As far as I can tell its just the same old people making the same old claims.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: December 31, 2017, 09:46:57 am »
if nike are happy to chip in we can ask for £250m.

not arsed if he's going; would love him to stay. 

they're all just livestock and we're definitely good at reinvesting these days.
Yeah but for once it should be us who is eating that meat, not others, after we take care of it and feed it well.. ;)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #451 on: December 31, 2017, 09:48:15 am »
Hmmm... let’s think...

We didn’t sell him in the summer as we didn’t have time to adequately replace him...

So.... let’s sell him mid season instead!!  That will solve it.

Yes, makes perfect sense... if you’re a 12 year old masturbatiry barc fan.

Anyway, it’s utter bullshit.  Ignore totally.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline FCukBarca Haw-Haw

• Anny Roader
« Reply #452 on: December 31, 2017, 09:49:11 am »
Horrible arrogance right there.

How do you propose you pay for him?

I couldn't afford his weekly salary so personally I will be doing nothing apart from continuing to support my club

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: December 31, 2017, 09:50:44 am »
The honest truth is that if we really want to keep him, we force him to stay and up his wages in the Summer. That would be problem solved.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #454 on: December 31, 2017, 09:50:59 am »
How much money does Barcelona have at the moment? They bought Dembele for a lot of money. Can`t see Coutihno going for anything under 150 mill.

Offline FCukBarca Haw-Haw

• Anny Roader
« Reply #455 on: December 31, 2017, 09:52:37 am »
Never mind the player. Where are advantages for Liverpool FC in making the deal now? As far as I can see none, therefore the deal would make no sense especially timing wise. As far as I can tell its just the same old people making the same old claims.

Only advantage for Liverpool is that it's a WC year and the summer for transfers is always complicated - just look at how chaotic it was this past summer.  Player put in a transfer request and perhaps the compromise was for the player to fall in line and get his wish at a later point - could be January was that point but could just as easily be summer I agree.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: December 31, 2017, 09:52:50 am »
January is going to be a long month if this is anything to go by.  They are going to pull the same shit they tried in the summer.  No doubt that rat agent of his will "leak" something on Thursday, or even Friday morning, to try and rock the boat before the FA cup match with Everton. Then one just before the City game.

Utterly tedious and the fucking press will fall for it everytime.  The commentators will bring it up everytime he touches the ball, the pundits, in lieu of any actual insight, will talk about it as if he's already gone and write our season off.  Everytime we deny it/reject an offer we'll be slagged off for trampling on someone's dream (despite the fact that in the summer they said they only come calling once...well here were are in January and they're calling a second time. So that little cliche is proven bollocks). If Coutinho is rested for any reason in any game this month then it'll be a fucking circus.

I would try to ignore it, but you know it's going to be nigh on impossible.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #457 on: December 31, 2017, 09:52:55 am »
I couldn't afford his weekly salary so personally I will be doing nothing apart from continuing to support my club

But you can't afford his transfer fee?

No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #458 on: December 31, 2017, 09:53:03 am »
This has Götze written all over it, we agree a fee for the summer and play Barca in the CL final, now Phil can't play as his head won't be there facing his now new club.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: December 31, 2017, 09:54:03 am »
Utterly bizarre discussion over the last 24 hours. Tell you what, PM one of the transfer mods when there's actually some news to talk about and this will be re-opened.

In the meantime, go and continue your New Year celebration preparations or walk the dog or read a book.....anything but this incessant circular nonsense!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #460 on: December 31, 2017, 09:55:21 am »
How much money does Barcelona have at the moment? They bought Dembele for a lot of money. Can`t see Coutihno going for anything under 150 mill.

They also have to pay for their ground improvements too, it's a huge reason as to why I think they would struggle to get even near to any price, we would ask for if we were prepared to let him go. I would say they would need to sell before they could put in an offer.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Coutinho Actual News Worth Talking About Thread
« Reply #461 on: January 2, 2018, 01:12:09 pm »
A man of my word.

Apparently there's talk of Cou and strike and all that.

So, rather than have other threads polluted, you can talk about it in here but PLEASE GIVE SOURCES!

(Twatter is not a reliable source unless it's officially linked to player/s or club/s, remember!)

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #462 on: January 2, 2018, 01:13:58 pm »
Guillem Balague

Verified account

@GuillemBalague
 46m46 minutes ago
Coutinho is still "injured" and will not play Cup Friday against Everton. About its future: the LFC has changed tone. They are open to all: sell now, now for the summer. To stay beyond is the most improbable. But not now offer Barcelona... still

Comes from this I believe.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #463 on: January 2, 2018, 01:15:07 pm »
So he still wants to leave?

Offline AndreTheMidget

• Kopite
« Reply #464 on: January 2, 2018, 01:15:08 pm »
Spanish sources write absolute shit most of the time, we saw that the whole of last summer where he was joining them every day for 6 weeks so I dont trust a word from there. The "injury" is rather convenient again, benefit of the doubt though, is a tough schedule. However, it's quite clear the clubs stance has changed from "not going anywhere" to being far more open about selling which is worrying, this should be a total no go in January. Ridiculous to contemplate it.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: January 2, 2018, 01:16:00 pm »
Just seems like Ballague wanting to use Coutinho's injury to try and stir up the issue again.

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
« Reply #466 on: January 2, 2018, 01:16:43 pm »
Only way he leaves this window is if we can strike a deal with Monaco for Lemar imo.
David Moyes, a woman beater without actually beating a woman.

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: January 2, 2018, 01:17:10 pm »
You mean, again?

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: January 2, 2018, 01:17:28 pm »
This is the source - https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/coutinho-quiere-volver-jugar-con-liverpool-6527325

Sounds like typical shit by Spanish media.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #469 on: January 2, 2018, 01:17:32 pm »
Only way he leaves this window is if we can strike a deal with Monaco for Lemar imo.

No benefit this window, Lemar wouldn't be able to play CL for us and Coutinho is a key part of our team.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #470 on: January 2, 2018, 01:17:34 pm »
Source appears to be Sport, which isn't really reliable at all.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: January 2, 2018, 01:17:35 pm »
You mean, again?

Possibly again, we only have Ballague's word.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: January 2, 2018, 01:17:44 pm »
Possibly off topic but...

... fuck off Barcelona.

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #473 on: January 2, 2018, 01:18:19 pm »
If the clubs stance has changed, and there is a possibility of selling him in January, it's absolutely perplexing. He's been in great form this season, why on earth would we lose him in January with a Champions League campaign still to go. First time we have been back in it for years! The only acceptable solution (in my opinion we should make him run out his contract whether he kicks up a fuss or not) would be to agree a deal now for summer and let him finish the season with us.
Justice for the 97

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: January 2, 2018, 01:19:17 pm »
Isnt it time for Liverpool to report Barcelona for tapping up Coutinho? Now that Van Dijk has been signed, we dont have to worry about Southampton doing that to us anymore. With Atletico and Gremio possibly lodging complaints over barce,ona tapping up their players, if we add our complaint to the pot, Barcelona will lilkely receive a crushing transfer ban that will cripple them from bothering Coutinho again fo r a considerable while.

In any event, Barcelona's days as  a club that splashes the cash are over. They are resorting to dirty tricks because they are cash strapped. We are probably more cash rich than they are.  They can't afford Coutinho anyway.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #475 on: January 2, 2018, 01:22:35 pm »

Klopp has always been a manager who wants players that want to be here, so if (and its a big if...) Coutinho has said he wants to go it wouldn't be too surprising if Klopp said ok, but for loads of cash.

That said, i don't see how it makes sense for anyone (player or clubs) for him to leave before summer. For us; he is unique, so whoever you bring in will not bring what he does; For them - they would need to pay more now; For him - he can't play in the CL.

If he really wants to go do a deal that says if he keeps putting the effort in he can go in June.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: January 2, 2018, 01:22:39 pm »
More "unsettling".  Barca wont bid now, but they'll use the window as an opportunity to continue to stoke tensions.  Let's face it, Phil seems to be enjoying his football and they can't be having none of that.

Liverpool might be open to offers but it will have to be the right offer.  So far, Barca haven't had the balls to drop a real offer in our lap.  They probably still think they can push us over because we're only Liverpool. 

Well this isn't the Liverpool they poached Masher and Suarez from.  We're on the rise and we'll squeeze them for top fucking dollar.

Still, will be interesting to see if Couts is "injured" for all of January...
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: January 2, 2018, 01:23:12 pm »
Not buying that he's injured, no doubt he wants the move and he will go now if he could. I just want us to do what is best for the team and right now that means we keep him. Their shithouse tactics should only make us keep him for longer, we acted like dicks with Southampton and were forced to apologise, wait 6 months and pay an extra £20m for VVD. We should do something similar with Barca. Will trust Klopp on this, I don't think he's the type that will hold on or beg a player to stay if he doesn't want to be part of the group, obviously we need a replacement before he goes so there's just no point in selling him now if we cant fill the gap.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Yanwoo

• Internet. Serious business.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
« Reply #478 on: January 2, 2018, 01:23:48 pm »
I’ve resigned myself to him leaving, although if he does go now, it’s a blow for this season. An agreed deal now for a move in the summer would seem a decent approach for all parties: the speculation goes away, we get another half season out of him, we get time to figure out how to ‘replace’ him, he gets his dream move, everything is sorted well before the World Cup and Barcelona get their man.

Going to be gutted though. Suarez level gutted. I love watching him play for us.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: January 2, 2018, 01:25:03 pm »
Is he fuck injured. Remember the "bad back"? He went to South America and played 2 games and started crying.  ::)

He'll be "injured" for the next 3 weeks or so.