Author Topic: CL Sevilla 3 -3 LFC (Firmino 2 30, Mane 21 Ben Yedder 50, 60 (Pen) Pizzaro 93 )  (Read 87306 times)

Offline Notorious IT

• Gilt complex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alcoholic
Did you watch the game? Did you see the dive? Did you not notice all the ridiculous free kicks and yellow cards he gave out?

The dive that resulted in the penalty,where Moreno fucked up the control and trod on the boy’s ankle? A few free kicks and yellow cards, but they didn’t affect the result. The free kick for the 2nd goal was a foul.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I thought we looked tired, after we went 3-0 up, Salah stopped chasing, Mane also, midfield never really pressed after that, I thought it was intentional and clever given the game was done, but it carried over into the second half and we just didn't have the legs.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
But we're through no? Even if we lose to Spartak we'll be level on points with them with a superior goal difference unless they beat us by 4 goals... What am I missing???

Yes, we're through.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
Am I right in thinking we can lose 3-0 and still go through?
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The key is not to play Moreno against Sevilla ever again.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Wait, are you saying we cannot beat good teams?

Not this season, apparently.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We could have scored several and one of their goals was mad from Moreno.

Plus i wouldnt respect such a cheating bunch of dickheads.

They were the better team all around to be honest. Attitude was spot on, they wanted to win that. They were 3-0 down and i saw them going to win it.

Honestly, i come out of that game not being pissed off with how we let them get back into it, but impressed by how they got back into it.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Charles Foster Kane

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
We could've played a second string team against Spatak if we'd hung on. I know someone will come out and say 'we always do it the hard way' but I'm fucking sick of how we can't play consistently for 90 minutes. You win fuck all like that.
I agree.
"The only reason Liverpool weren't fatally wounded by a first half blitz is the fortunate fact immortals can't be destroyed."
Liverpool Echo 26 May 2005

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
That's what you get when you don't invest in a proper defense. No complaint to have.
Completely agree.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
Would have preferred to keep Salah on, Mane wasn't that good second half, then again no one was

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
Always have to do things the hard way, don't we?

What a shambles we are, no leader in that team

Offline ghost77uk

• Kopite
    • Steve Kingsman Photography
It's my fault...I turned on just before half time and caused the collapse!!
Seriously though...What was that second half? From my blurry glasses it looked like Hendo just hoofed the ball anytime it came near him - The role he plays he needs to be calmer on the ball surely? Moreno will no doubt get a lot of flack as he was at fault for the first two goals, but the team as a whole defensively were too weak...You can't just sit back and watch the opposition play with the ball like we did for the first 15mins of the second half! So frustrating!!

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
It’s a fucking awful result. Three up at half time and we pissed it away and along with it the chance to rest players in the final game. It’s not a forgone conclusion we are through either.

Pathetic given we were 3-0 up, but not really bad as a result in itself.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
Naby Keita cannot arrive soon enough. Will bring more mental toughness. Certainly more than Coutinho. At least Klopp got the subs right, even if it should have happened earlier.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
Stop blaming the defenders. Neither Henderson or Gini got hold of midfield and we gave them too much time and space.

Moreno gives away an unnecessary fk then gets beaten to it for their first.
Moreno miscontrols then conceeds a penalty when the player was running away from goal.

Ok, it wasn't his fault for the third.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline WaltonRed

• Oct 4th: Don't be stupid there are no buyers. Oct 6th: These buyers. I don't like them. Oct 8th: ???
  • Legacy Fan
But we're through no? Even if we lose to Spartak we'll be level on points with them with a superior goal difference unless they beat us by 4 goals... What am I missing???
Yeah, exactly.  That late Maribor goal is important.  Means that Spartak need to be beat us by 4 goals to finish above us (assuming Seville win).

And never convinced about it being better to finish to of your group or second - Real Madrid and one of PSG / Bayern will be second of their group.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Did Henderson or Gini come out for the second half? Absolutely no leadership or midfield presence.

When we are playing at 110%, we are fine but when we are backs against the wall and need some nous, there is fuck all in that Midfield. No one can put there foot on the ball and slow things down, no organization to block passes/ momentum. I don't think tactics or coaching can change that sadly, its personnel.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
take the positives, we're through. fuck the bed wetters! bring on the knock out stages

Hate to be the bearer of bad news like.....
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
Despite conceding 3, I thought Lovren and Klavan did well.

The real issues were at left back and midfield. Moreno may well have just chucked 3 months hard work in the bin. He's show Klopp he's still a liability under pressure.

And when the shit is hitting the fan, where the fuck is the captain? During that 20 minute spell he was nowhere to be seen. He's not a leader.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
take the positives, we're through. fuck the bed wetters! bring on the knock out stages
We aren't through? Are We?
"Salahs in here......"

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Ref was fucking dogshite. We played poorly second half but watch the decision for their first again and you can see a fraction of what he did wrong
Sorry mate, but can’t see it. If Mane is more composed in the one on one we win. If ox moves a yard he taps in Milners cut back. If can is less casual he sets up Mane. We were too lazy in the final third after half time.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
What is it with Moreno losing his marbles against Sevilla? Mad.

Hometown club, first game back there, new addition to his family, lack of sleep, head all over the place, flashbacks, something in the water, who knows?

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
2nd half was a big let down. With the players we have, we need to be more street smart. 3-0 ahead, you need not be pushing forward but do keep hold of the ball when you have it. We keep giving the ball back, giving stupid freekicks and not too mention being nervy

A draw at Sevilla is good. But drawing after leading 3-0 at half time is morale sapping. We need to pick ourselves up for Chelsea
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
Are you being serious?

exactly, would have lost that match wihtout Karius pulling out a couple of great saves
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Yes, we're through.

No we're not. We lost our next game and we're out.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
I'm honestly livid about that midfield performance in the 2nd half. It's not a word you'd use to describe a Klopp team generally, but it was so cowardly. They were so terrified of actually having to play football when under pressure that they just kept bombing it up to Mane, Firmino etc and that was easy as you'd like for Sevilla (in the 2nd half). No composure whatsoever.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
Felt sorry Albie. Once he had those two daft headers in the first half and the booking his head went. The defence can be blamed for the second half capitulation but the midfield disappeared and couldn't lay a glove on Seville. The inability to actually put a foot on the ball and play some simple but controlled football just deserted them. The defence looked like it was facing the Alamo at times with players just running at them. A point is no bade result just the manner it was achieved is gutting.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
We could've played a second string team against Spatak if we'd hung on. I know someone will come out and say 'we always do it the hard way' but I'm fucking sick of how we can't play consistently for 90 minutes. You win fuck all like that.
Agree. This current team will never won a trophy.

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
Front 3 including Coutinho were just as responsible for that the way they couldn't hold onto the ball for more than two passes.

Thought Firmino was brilliant to be honest.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
It was a penalty, unless there's something else you're on about?
We'll agree to disagree cos I like you ;) -anyway, said all I'll say - shared responsibility for that 2nd half - we bottled it and should've been mentally stronger. But so it goes - we never do it the easy way in Europe do we.........bring on yer Muscovites!

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm done with Henderson now. Love him and really really wanted him to blossom into the player he could have been and backed him all the way, but he simply can't play that position when we are under any sort of pressure. His passing is shite under pressure too, must be a nightmare for anyone receiving his erratic passes. For me, he's competing with Wijnaldum, Can, Coutinho, Lallana for a space ahead of the CDM. Unfortunately we don't have a CDM to replace him.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
feels like a defeat, another reminder we are miles off being the complete team, old frailties have come back to haunt us. Still in our own hands to qualify top.
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Oh right. As I said pre-match then, it's Liverpool, it was always going to come down to the last game.
Yeah this narrative is getting old now, it's getting us nowhere in the long run. You don't win anything by putting in such bipolar performances. We can't see out a tight game, which is a crucial element of a successful side.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Marcel

• Anny Roader
Fucking bottlers. Sick of this shit. Moreno misplaced his brain yet again - why does Klopp persist with him when he's always got a performance like this second half in him? Need a Banega type player to put his foot on the ball when we're up against it. Can see us conspiring to fuck it up against Spartak somehow...

Bottlers doesn't mean anything. As for Moreno, are you really suggesting Klopp pre-emptively drop him because he might play badly for 20 minutes? Really?

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
Karius isn't even a goalkeeper honestly. I don't understand what   is he seriously doing on a football pitch. I just can't understand how can he play instead of Simon, it is just a hilarious decision from Kloop.

Not as if he made three top saves...

A goalkeeper is sometimes only as good as his defence (or rather, complete lack of defensive midfield...)

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
Ok, first thing is first - that referee is a spineless, homer shit.
All off Sevilla's dirty, Spanish ways were tolerated, everything, from shirt pulling, ankle clipping, ganging up on referee, ganging up on players and wrestling them to ground - all of it. He bought their whole package and gave them wings throughout the game.

Apart from that, I think this game was lost by Klopp.
His substitutions were terrible, shocking actually, and he did nothing at all when the game was breaking to stop it from cracking all the way.
Either rabbit in the headlights or over confident - either way he fucked up big time.

Firmino was absolutely shattered. Not surprising given his work rate. But I think he should have been taken off earlier and then strengthen the midfield to get hold of the ball.

Offline JG6

• Anny Roader
Jordan Henderson is a pathetic excuse for a Liverpool captain.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
That's what you get when you don't invest in a proper defense. No complaint to have.
Even worse sell your best defender to Crystal Palace without getting a replacement
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
And for the doom-mongers out there, this team will be revolutionised in midfield once Naby Keita is in there. We'll have to grit our teeth through this season but I'm convinced we'll be different class next season. Hendo and Wijnaldum will need to keep looking over their shoulder methinks.

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan

True, the owners really should have spent more this summer, we could certainly be higher up the table