Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1901706 times)

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #15360 on: February 25, 2023, 09:40:17 pm »
One of the biggest cowards to wear our shirt. Can't wait for him to leave

Eh?
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #15361 on: February 25, 2023, 09:40:41 pm »
He knows he’s leaving in the summer so why is he even getting a game…dear help his next club… such a lazy player.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline Schmohawk

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15362 on: February 25, 2023, 09:41:09 pm »
A typical Keita performance unfortunately.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #15363 on: February 25, 2023, 09:48:53 pm »
Don’t think he was lazy, he just doesn’t have any dynamism any more, can’t run past players or gets done for pace and can’t track back.

He is physically done in a quick league.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15364 on: February 25, 2023, 09:50:58 pm »
He’s checked out….he’s off so no motivation.

Offline Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #15365 on: February 25, 2023, 09:56:42 pm »
I wouldn't even play him.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15366 on: February 25, 2023, 10:00:19 pm »
A teenager came on for him and we looked better. Says a lot really.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15367 on: February 25, 2023, 10:03:00 pm »
We've only seen glimpses of the "Leipzig Keita" in his LFC career.

Such a disappointment.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15368 on: February 25, 2023, 10:16:51 pm »
Think that's the last start Keita gets for us. Was already struggling to get into the team, but that clanger of a performance will have sealed his fate.

You can see how the injuries have affected him I think. He's much more laborious and sluggish than he used to be. Could also be a mental thing, since he knows he'll be looking for a new club in the summer. Maybe he ends up back at Leipzig once Laimer heads off to Bayern.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15369 on: February 25, 2023, 10:18:58 pm »
Think that's the last start Keita gets for us. Was already struggling to get into the team, but that clanger of a performance will have sealed his fate.

You can see how the injuries have affected him I think. He's much more laborious and sluggish than he used to be. Could also be a mental thing, since he knows he'll be looking for a new club in the summer. Maybe he ends up back at Leipzig once Laimer heads off to Bayern.
This is why the likes of Hendo get overplayed. It's very hard to rotate them.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15370 on: February 25, 2023, 10:59:03 pm »
Why do we even bother?

Honestly, when he starts or comes on and it’s like what is the point?

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #15371 on: February 25, 2023, 11:02:00 pm »
You wouldn't think he's nearly 10 years younger than Milner.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15372 on: February 25, 2023, 11:02:45 pm »
How the fuck has his thread got to 385 pages?

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15373 on: February 25, 2023, 11:03:04 pm »
Injury updates

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15374 on: February 25, 2023, 11:04:06 pm »
Injury updates

Not even updates, as the club tend not to provide them. Just a lot of "where the hell is he now" when he goes missing from the squad for months at a time.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #15375 on: February 25, 2023, 11:07:37 pm »
This has turned into one of the worst and most disappointing signings in the clubs history!
And we had quite a few last 20 years!
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #15376 on: February 25, 2023, 11:11:59 pm »
Not even updates, as the club tend not to provide them. Just a lot of "where the hell is he now" when he goes missing from the squad for months at a time.

I reckon years from now we will find out that Keita is a bigamist and has another secret family in Torquay where he works as a milkman.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15377 on: February 25, 2023, 11:15:31 pm »
The absolute fucking state of this thread and specifically this page. His performance wasn't great but to imply he didn't try and wasn't arsed is fucking horseshit. The fucking state of you idiots.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15378 on: February 25, 2023, 11:16:56 pm »
This has turned into one of the worst and most disappointing signings in the clubs history!

Nope, despite the issues, we’ve still won everything we could win while he’s been at the club and he’s contributed to that, not as much as we hoped, but he was still a part of it. 

Hindsight is great of course, but last year he actually had a good run in the team where he contributed and played well, I suppose if we’d be ruthless, that summer would have been a great time to try and move him, but here we are.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15379 on: February 25, 2023, 11:19:08 pm »

Feels like a page for every match missed or piss-poor performance.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline BornRedSince76

• Main Stander
« Reply #15380 on: February 25, 2023, 11:21:45 pm »
I think Naby always tries, he just isn’t that good for us - a slower and less physical league would suit him better.

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15381 on: February 25, 2023, 11:24:21 pm »
Think injuries have ruined him, just seems bereft of confidence. We need to replace him with a more reliable midfielder.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15382 on: February 25, 2023, 11:24:42 pm »
I think Naby always tries, he just isn’t that good for us - a slower and less physical league would suit him better.
He has really regressed as a footballer.

Not creative enough and doesn't score enough to play as a number 10.
Not mobile/physical enough to play as an 8.
Lacks the defensive nous to play as a 4.

You'd struggle to fit him into any team these days.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #15383 on: February 25, 2023, 11:26:51 pm »
Nope, despite the issues, we’ve still won everything we could win while he’s been at the club and he’s contributed to that, not as much as we hoped, but he was still a part of it. 

Hindsight is great of course, but last year he actually had a good run in the team where he contributed and played well, I suppose if we’d be ruthless, that summer would have been a great time to try and move him, but here we are.

He was absolutely immense in the FA Cup semi-final win against City.

For me he always looked better when he played alongside his mate Mane.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15384 on: February 25, 2023, 11:28:25 pm »
His performance wasn't great but to imply he didn't try and wasn't arsed is fucking horseshit

I think there's a difference between "not trying" and subconsciously checking out. Coming to the end of a contract with no chance of a renewal will have an affect on the way a player approaches a game, even if the player himself doesn't realise it. Keita himself might think he's trying his best but if his heart isn't in it (which I realise is just mere speculation), then we're going to see that in his game. I personally think we saw it with Wijnaldum too, but it was a lot easier to forgive Wijnaldum because he did great things for the club and was an extremely reliable player. Keita doesn't have enough credit in the bank, so it's more noticeable.

I personally don't think he's a consciously lazy player. His attitude could always be worse; at least he isn't doing a Ryan Fraser.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15385 on: February 25, 2023, 11:29:26 pm »
He was absolutely immense in the FA Cup semi-final win against City.

For me he always looked better when he played alongside his mate Mane.

He's not getting into Bayern's midfield Al.  ;D

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15386 on: February 25, 2023, 11:30:14 pm »

Fucking hell.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15387 on: February 25, 2023, 11:33:33 pm »
Ultimately, when a team like us pays £50-60 odd million for a midfielder, it's so that the player can raise our level and he never quite achieved that. He's been a good albeit inconsistent and injury prone player than can contribute to a team that's doing well but he's never been someone that'd drag you up when you aren't doing well.

When things aren't going well for us like in the Covid season, there's no point playing him.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15388 on: February 25, 2023, 11:47:25 pm »
He’s shit. He won’t be here much longer, but right now he’s done.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #15389 on: February 25, 2023, 11:52:07 pm »

He's not getting into Bayern's midfield Al.  ;D

;D ;D

You not watching tomorrow's boxing yet mate.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15390 on: February 25, 2023, 11:55:15 pm »
;D ;D

You not watching tomorrow's boxing yet mate.

I'd rather talk to you about FSG all day than watch that circus act mate.  :D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #15391 on: February 26, 2023, 12:05:48 am »
I'll stick my neck out, I didn't think Naby was as shit as some make him to be (that's not to say he had a great game). I thought that Hendo played worse. Naby got a stupid yellow card and got stuck in in tackles even after that, so he was a whisker away of being sent off. Hence the sub. But he was in these positions because we didn't have midfield... Millie was the only one who can come out with credit, can't fault him a lot. But if we had Thiago instead of Hendo, just one change, Keita would have had a different game. After the change, we looked more attacking with Harvey, but more vulnerable at the same time.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15392 on: February 26, 2023, 12:07:11 am »
I'll stick my neck out, I didn't think Naby was as shit as some make him to be (that's not to say he had a great game). I thought that Hendo played worse. Naby got a stupid yellow card and got stuck in in tackles even after that, so he was a whisker away of being sent off. Hence the sub. But he was in these positions because we didn't have midfield... Millie was the only one who can come out with credit, can't fault him a lot. But if we had Thiago instead of Hendo, just one change, Keita would have had a different game. After the change, we looked more attacking with Harvey, but more vulnerable at the same time.

He was poor, but that doesn't even make the top 20 of worst midfield performances we've seen this season...

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #15393 on: February 26, 2023, 12:29:55 am »
And I guess Keita, being one of the three midfielders today (the youngest and more rested one), played no part in us having no midfield?

Nah, not having that. He was crap and the worst of the lot.

Physically he couldn't compete at all. Looked like a kid getting shrugged off possession at times. Slow as hell too, both physically and in his reactions. Sloppy with the ball, and slowed down every attack once he got on it, which wasn't a lot. Say what you want about Hendo and Fabinho - they are physically shot, overplayed, and way off form - but at least they compete and know where to be, even if they are ineffective. Give me that every day of the week over whatever it is that Keita brings. Although obviously, in an ideal world, we wouldn't be asking ourselves who's the least shit.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 12:32:08 am by Lastrador »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15394 on: February 26, 2023, 12:35:24 am »
Why are people being dicks and saying he's checked out and isn't trying??

I'm certain he was trying - but he simply can't do it at the PL level anymore. He's been robbed of all dynamism by injuries.

No need to call him a coward or other childish insults.

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15395 on: February 26, 2023, 12:38:01 am »
And I guess Keita, being one of the three midfielders today (the youngest and more rested one), played no part in us having no midfield?

Nah, not having that. He was crap and the worst of the lot.

Physically he couldn't compete at all. Looked like a kid getting shrugged off possession at times. Slow as hell too, both physically and in his reactions. Sloppy with the ball, and slowed down every attack once he got on it, which wasn't a lot. Say what you want about Hendo and Fabinho - they are physically shot, overplayed, and way off form - but at least they compete and know where to be, even if they are ineffective. Give me that every day of the week over whatever it is that Keita brings.

Keita made as many tackles and interceptions in 45 minutes today as Henderson and Fabinho did in their combined 110 minutes on the pitch. And added one key pass to boot (which neither Hendo or Fabinho managed). He was poor today, but he's judged on a completely different curve to the other midfielders. Fabinho has turned in maybe 3 or 4 performances better than that Keita performance all season.

Offline redintweed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15396 on: February 26, 2023, 12:53:42 am »
Will go down as a poor buy. Made of glass and just hasn't hit the heights he did at RB Liepzig. Poor at the defensive side of the game as he constantly lets players run by him. I was excited when we signed him, as I'm sure many were.

Probably the worst big money signing of the Klopp era.
I'd rather play for Liverpool Reserves than Everton.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15397 on: February 26, 2023, 01:46:02 am »
Will go down as a poor buy. Made of glass and just hasn't hit the heights he did at RB Liepzig. Poor at the defensive side of the game as he constantly lets players run by him. I was excited when we signed him, as I'm sure many were.

Probably the worst big money signing of the Klopp era.

‘Probably’ ?
He’s the only one who hasn’t hit the heights and due to injury more than anything. But he still contributed to a fantastic few years most teams fans can only dream of.  It is what it is, the over dissection of it all is a bit OTT at times!

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #15398 on: February 26, 2023, 01:56:58 am »
‘Probably’ ?
He’s the only one who hasn’t hit the heights and due to injury more than anything. But he still contributed to a fantastic few years most teams fans can only dream of.  It is what it is, the over dissection of it all is a bit OTT at times!

For me the big mistake was allowing him the season at Leipzig.

It was a missed season of integration not helped by us watching him smashing it for Leipzig. Personally I think Liverpool may have been just a bit too big for Naby. There is no shame in that.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15399 on: February 26, 2023, 02:09:18 am »
it just hasn't worked out for him unfortunately, what a disappointment :(