Author Topic: Xbox One X  (Read 5841 times)

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
Xbox One X
« on: August 20, 2017, 09:49:24 pm »
After gamescom came to a close, major nelson announced the pre orders are now live.  Amazon and various outlets are now taking pre orders.  The pre order is for the limited edition scorpio console.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-One-X-1TB-Console/dp/B074SPQ12G/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1503261240&sr=1-2&keywords=xbox%2Bone%2Bx&th=1

I have my pre order in!

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Xbox One X
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 09:56:49 pm »
Pre-Ordered it! Probably won't be able to afford it, most likely will cancel it nearer the time :'(

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 10:09:00 pm »
Not sure if to get this or not as I've got the Pro and a Switch. I do like the look of Sea Of Thieves though.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 09:25:46 am »
Sounds silly but the "Project Scorpio edition" has actually put me off preordering. I don't like the green text on the front of it at all. Would rather just preorder a standard edition but it seems you can't do that now.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 10:46:42 am »
Genuinely on the fence for this one. Think I'll wait till after Xmas and see if it drops in price.....although I have been known to be a touch impulsive with these sorts of things.

With the jump from 360 to One, you couldn't cross console party chat or game. The guys I game with made the jump so the decision was made for me. This time around it feels more like a graphics card upgrade than a new console. Everyone's still going to be playing the same games...

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 04:18:13 pm »
Off the fence, won £400 on a horse race so just ordered one. BOOM! ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) :wave

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 10:28:19 am »
Off the fence, won £400 on a horse race so just ordered one. BOOM! ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) :wave

Bloody hell. Gaming, building PCs to conquer the world, gambling... Is there any kind of vice you're not into? ;)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 10:31:01 am by stoa »

Offline dangerpuss

• A bit like bagpuss. But more.....um.....dangerous.....um.....
  • Kopite
  • Allez, allez, allez
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 09:13:21 am »
I was interested in this but I can't afford a 4K TV. I might get a Switch instead for Mario Odyssey. Still tempted but don't think it will be worth it at 1080p.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #8 on: September 1, 2017, 12:14:28 pm »
If the graphical enhancements for RDR2 sound worth it i think that's when i'll buy.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 2, 2017, 04:53:08 pm »
Bloody hell. Gaming, building PCs to conquer the world, gambling... Is there any kind of vice you're not into? ;)
Ha ha missed this post sorry buddy.

In answer to your question, no ;D ;D ;D

TBF though I don't really gamble, my sister in law's father cuts me hair, was in there the other day and he said an old timer had given him a tip. I pressed him on it and he gave up the goods, obviously didn't know for sure it was going to win but thought it was worth a punt.

Put £40 on at ten to one, thought it I lose I'll cry a bit and have a dry weekend or summit but if I win I'll order the One X....BOOM!

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 2, 2017, 05:45:45 pm »
Titi, granted you have a free bit of cash to throw around but you do realise your getting a PC that's weaker than what you have and no games that aren't available on pc too? Xbox is basically a medium powered pc since Microsoft went with the decision to put all there exclusive games on the windows store.

I mean I actually own an Xbox One X already, I just plug my Xbox controller into my pc and launch the Xbox app :D
« Last Edit: September 2, 2017, 05:47:16 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 2, 2017, 06:17:14 pm »
Yeah man I kinda know that already but the games I want to play aren't cross platform and all my gaming buddies are on xbox.

If I could buy D2 on PC and play with friends direct on xbox then it wouldn't be a discussion ;D

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12 on: September 2, 2017, 06:18:48 pm »
Apparently the orders for this haven't been too great?
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: September 2, 2017, 06:26:43 pm »
Yeah man I kinda know that already but the games I want to play aren't cross platform and all my gaming buddies are on xbox.

If I could buy D2 on PC and play with friends direct on xbox then it wouldn't be a discussion ;D

Well MS are pushing pretty hard for crossplay with steam and such so it might be possible fairly soon.

Apparently the orders for this haven't been too great?

I think I read they've been pretty good, it's quite high on amazon  considering the market it's going for.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2017, 06:28:29 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #14 on: September 3, 2017, 10:17:17 pm »
Ha ha missed this post sorry buddy.

No problem. You were probably busy making booze in your basement to sell in your barber's back room... ;)

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 02:20:01 pm »
The new pre-orders came out at 8am this morning on Amazon and 9am in stores.
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 11:18:52 pm »
Tempted to get one of these. Just watched the Shadow of War comparison video with the Pro and it looked a lot more impressive on the X.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 2, 2017, 10:59:28 am »
Games are now starting to release patches for the Xbox One X enhancements. The likes of Quantum Break, FIFA 18, NBA 2k17, FH3 plus loads of others I can't think of off the top of my head. You have to go into Settings and enable Xbox One X downloads I think in order to get them. Worth doing if you have one preordered and want to give it a whirl straight away

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: November 2, 2017, 11:12:19 am »
Argos sent me a teasing text saying it had been sent.....and then another one saying the first was a lie.

Fuckers!

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
« Reply #19 on: November 2, 2017, 04:10:36 pm »
Some of the patched games look jaw dropping, GOW4 especially looked good from the comparison video I saw on YouTube.  Might be a complete saddo and pick mine up at the midnight launch the local Game are doing.
GOW4 and the new Forza are what I'm picking up, any one else got any games lined up?

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: November 3, 2017, 08:33:19 am »
Review embargo has been lifted this morning. It's getting some great reviews

The usual drivel about the lack of exclusives but make no mistake this is the console to have if you want to play multiplats and Xbox games in the best possible way (not including PC)

Some of the visuals I've seen (Gears, Forza, Assassin's Creed) look absolutely stunning. I'm holding off until I do a revamp of my TV and set up next year but I might treat myself after Christmas

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: November 3, 2017, 10:18:19 am »
Is Destiny 2 getting the 4k bump?

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 3, 2017, 10:26:10 am »
I might have to upgrade in January...
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 3, 2017, 11:18:46 am »
Is Destiny 2 getting the 4k bump?
Apparantly not mate

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: November 3, 2017, 11:28:54 am »
Apparantly not mate
Was just looking at the list of what's getting prettied up. For some reason I just assumed it would be, especially with the PC version running at 4k, genuinely don't understand it.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: November 3, 2017, 11:31:47 am »
Was just looking at the list of what's getting prettied up. For some reason I just assumed it would be, especially with the PC version running at 4k, genuinely don't understand it.
I know man it's dumb, sure I read somewhere that they said they never recieved the dev kit or something from Microsoft so had no way of doing it!

PC Master Race 8)

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #26 on: November 3, 2017, 02:19:58 pm »
Review embargo has been lifted this morning. It's getting some great reviews

The usual drivel about the lack of exclusives but make no mistake this is the console to have if you want to play multiplats and Xbox games in the best possible way (not including PC)

Some of the visuals I've seen (Gears, Forza, Assassin's Creed) look absolutely stunning. I'm holding off until I do a revamp of my TV and set up next year but I might treat myself after Christmas

Yeah i won't be buying any new non-exclusives for the PS4PRO. Happy to wait for RDR2, hopefully a price drop in between then.

Wonder if PUBG will be much of a console seller for MS?

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: November 3, 2017, 02:25:51 pm »

Wonder if PUBG will be much of a console seller for MS?
Can't see it being that successful to be honest, it works on PC but can't see it thriving on console, you don't see too many games like Pubg on anything else other than PC due to the complexity of the controls and features! IMO it seems Console players want games that they can pick up and play easily. Fortnite's Battle Royale mode works because it's simple, fun and free!

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: November 3, 2017, 03:13:41 pm »
I'm tempted, I've got a Pro and Switch but I'm tempted. . .

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
« Reply #29 on: November 6, 2017, 12:29:44 pm »
I've picked up a second hand copy of gears4 for 8 quid as that looks incredible with the 13 gig patch that's been released . Very impressed with the amount of games getting this treatment from launch and Sony should take note as there was Jack shit done for the pro initially.  Got tommorw off too and replaced the tv it will be running on last week , the misses is at work too, sweet :)

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: November 6, 2017, 12:32:43 pm »
I've picked up a second hand copy of gears4 as that looks incredible with the 13 gig patch that's been released, 8 quid! . Very impressed with the amount of games getting this treatment from launch and Sony should take note as there was Jack shit done for the pro initially.  Got tommorw off too and replaced the tv it will be running on last week , the misses is at work too, sweet :)

I don't think Sony needs advice off Microsoft in the console space to be honest.

It's all about priorities isn't it. Sony are prioritising VR and new IP (Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, Detroit, Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone) whilst Microsoft are doing 4k patches for old Xbox games.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2017, 12:35:06 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: November 6, 2017, 12:34:40 pm »

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: November 6, 2017, 12:36:42 pm »

Nothing to do with that. I own Xbox, PS4 and PC and soon a switch. Funny because the ones posting that are usually the most guilty of it.

I've been badly burnt as an Xbox owner this generation, rinsing the life out of existing game franchises and delivering nothing new, plus an underpowered launch console.

It's bound to leave a bad taste.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2017, 12:38:29 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: November 6, 2017, 12:46:31 pm »
The big one for me is the lack of new IP and original/exclusive gaming. The constant fucking about with the xbox interface is another, albeit minor, irritant.

If you didn't need to be a crab to use the controller I'd have no problems jumping ship but having been on XB for so long that's where all my gaming friends are. In fact it probably goes all the way back to the original xbox versus the PS2. Halo versus ? My PS2 was a glorified paperweight.

I do find myself with a touch of the green monster when I see games like Horizon Zero Dawn being exclusively released on the PS but I've made my bed...just hope MS pull their fingers out their collective hoops and make it a good place to be!

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: November 6, 2017, 01:33:00 pm »
It's utterly pointless if you own a PC with a 970 or above. If you value framerates over resolution (and you should) then it also falls short as the majority of games still run at 30 fps. If it ran games at 1440p/60 then I would've been interested, as it is the PC still gives you the freedom to tune the game as you see fit and all Xbox exclusives are playable on it.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: November 6, 2017, 03:05:18 pm »
It's utterly pointless if you own a PC with a 970 or above. If you value framerates over resolution (and you should) then it also falls short as the majority of games still run at 30 fps. If it ran games at 1440p/60 then I would've been interested, as it is the PC still gives you the freedom to tune the game as you see fit and all Xbox exclusives are playable on it.
Horses for courses wol

I have 2 1070's in my PC and play anything single player on there. But pvp multiplayer games with big communities are what make xbox and playstation great! I can count the number of PC gamers I've actually chatted to on my digits, they may be the master race but they're a strangely closed off bunch, type not talk being the motto!

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: November 6, 2017, 03:15:22 pm »
Horses for courses wol

I have 2 1070's in my PC and play anything single player on there. But pvp multiplayer games with big communities are what make xbox and playstation great! I can count the number of PC gamers I've actually chatted to on my digits, they may be the master race but they're a strangely closed off bunch, type not talk being the motto!
Feels like that in general though, gone are the days of chatting shit to strangers on MW2.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: November 6, 2017, 04:19:09 pm »
Feels like that in general though, gone are the days of chatting shit to strangers on MW2.
That's super true. No one would be in a party it was just a free for all on the mics, yell at the yanks, yell at the brits, yell at the French! Cue someone getting upset and going beeeeeserk! Then you'd piss yourself laughing at the mighty wobbler they threw and onto the next game. Good times! ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: November 6, 2017, 04:42:56 pm »
Everyone uses discord on pc.

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: November 6, 2017, 05:42:16 pm »
That's super true. No one would be in a party it was just a free for all on the mics, yell at the yanks, yell at the brits, yell at the French! Cue someone getting upset and going beeeeeserk! Then you'd piss yourself laughing at the mighty wobbler they threw and onto the next game. Good times! ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)
Matchmaking is too regional now so you'd never encounter an American, whenever you did though you'd get told to drink some tea, fix your teeth or some more derogatory terms  ;D