Author Topic: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General  (Read 1384797 times)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: VAR! Video Assistant Referee - It's not for everyone / Bit shit innit?
« Reply #12680 on: November 7, 2021, 08:25:36 pm »
Did they say it with a straight face there is no reason that isn't a red card bizarre decision makes you wonder really
The fact they didn't ask ref to see it and lino didn't even see anything wrong. I just don't understand it.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12681 on: November 7, 2021, 08:26:44 pm »
It will get glossed over until someone ends up with a bad injury, like it always does in this league. It's a refusal of the footballing authorities to take any sort of responsibility, until something awful happens.
They asked ref to review Pogba challenge on Keita. How does it differ?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #12682 on: November 7, 2021, 08:27:07 pm »
Didn't have the force or intensity to be given as a red according to VAR panel on Sky.
I'd accept the decision if the refs were consistent. But the everton red was given less than an hour earlier for a very, very similar foul.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #12683 on: November 7, 2021, 08:28:45 pm »
They asked ref to review Pogba challenge on Keita. How does it differ?

I think it would have helped had our players reacted to it, let's face it United and City players would have done.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12684 on: November 7, 2021, 08:33:57 pm »
I think it would have helped had our players reacted to it, let's face it United and City players would have done.
Needs a Pep gif here but yeah our players should have made more of an issue about it.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12685 on: November 7, 2021, 08:34:55 pm »
I'd accept the decision if the refs were consistent. But the everton red was given less than an hour earlier for a very, very similar foul.
Not seen that yet.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #12686 on: November 7, 2021, 08:35:26 pm »
There's no point to VAR, they are reffing the context just like the on field ref.

Disgusting he was allowed to get away with such a reckless challenge

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #12687 on: November 7, 2021, 08:41:13 pm »
Not seen that yet.
The player went to clear a ball with a strong kick, and after that hit the leg of the opposing player just from the inertia.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #12688 on: November 7, 2021, 08:46:47 pm »
I did think if Henderson had gone off due to that people would have discussed it more. Harvey's injury earlier this season should have been enough to try and mitigate such challenges but apparently not.

I don't know when Wilshere became a pundit but he suggesting Carra is a Scouser and that's why he said it was a red was punditry of the highest level ::)

Sad thing is Premier League will gloss over it.

And still no one apart from Liverpool fans will say it was deserved, not surprised nothing came from the Elliott one, people tied themselves in knots to make out the Leeds player was wronged.

I hate to play that card, but this is because of who the club at the recieving end is. There will be no furore from anywhere but Liverpool people. Klopp will be branded a whinger for daring say the truth about the decisions and VAR. Every other single fanbase and the pundits and media associated with them will have delighted in seeing us get screwed over and then lose partly because of it. 

It’s boring, it’s tedious, but it is how it will continue to be, in a league ran by idiots.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12689 on: November 7, 2021, 09:01:29 pm »
And still no one apart from Liverpool fans will say it was deserved, not surprised nothing came from the Elliott one, people tied themselves in knots to make out the Leeds player was wronged.

I hate to play that card, but this is because of who the club at the recieving end is. There will be no furore from anywhere but Liverpool people. Klopp will be branded a whinger for daring say the truth about the decisions and VAR. Every other single fanbase and the pundits and media associated with them will have delighted in seeing us get screwed over and then lose partly because of it. 

It’s boring, it’s tedious, but it is how it will continue to be, in a league ran by idiots.

All too true. The commentary on the BBC was extraordinary. I have never heard such open delight as Murray when West Ham got the winner. What an arse.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12690 on: November 7, 2021, 09:29:56 pm »
It will get glossed over until someone ends up with a bad injury, like it always does in this league. It's a refusal of the footballing authorities to take any sort of responsibility, until something awful happens.

Thing is Jill it still gets glossed over, or justified, even when someone does get an nasty injury. Harvey Elliott had his ankle snapped against Leeds and everyone was full of sympathy for the poor lad who got sent off even though he had both feet off the ground in a scissor tackle.

It was a young lad at the start of his career and the only outrage was that “it’s ruined game the game as a spectacle”.  There were a few words saying that people hoped “young Harvey will come back stronger”, but no wider discussion about protecting players. Yet the same will talk endlessly every other week about the offside and handball rules.

I’m losing count of the number of really bad tackles our players are subjected to. We’ve had numerous players out for long periods, and frankly we’ve been lucky with multiple others.  It’s not difficult to not put in these horrific tackles, as our players seem to have managed ok in recent years.  Yet it’s apparently “part and parcel of the game.”
« Last Edit: November 7, 2021, 09:34:40 pm by Kekule »

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12691 on: November 7, 2021, 09:48:26 pm »
Thing is Jill it still gets glossed over, or justified, even when someone does get an nasty injury. Harvey Elliott had his ankle snapped against Leeds and everyone was full of sympathy for the poor lad who got sent off even though he had both feet off the ground in a scissor tackle.

It was a young lad at the start of his career and the only outrage was that “it’s ruined game the game as a spectacle”.  There were a few words saying that people hoped “young Harvey will come back stronger”, but no wider discussion about protecting players. Yet the same will talk endlessly every other week about the offside and handball rules.

I’m losing count of the number of really bad tackles our players are subjected to. We’ve had numerous players out for long periods, and frankly we’ve been lucky with multiple others.  It’s not difficult to not put in these horrific tackles, as our players seem to have managed ok in recent years.  Yet it’s apparently “part and parcel of the game.”

Oh yes, I know the Harvey one was a good example. Maybe what I should have said is, others will moan when it happens to one of their own players instead. The annoying thing is it was the perfect incident to set a safer precedent. Here is what you don't do when you are going in for a tackle and the fact that Holgate gets sent off in the earlier game for a very similar incident just makes it an even worse that nothing is done here. What are referees supposed to do now when the same incident is judged in a completely different way? It's just madness.

Offline Xabisfeet

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12692 on: November 7, 2021, 09:51:44 pm »
So, VAR drains the enjoyment of celebrating a goal.

So there must be an upside?  More right decisions?

I have watched football for 40 years.  The challenge on Allison would have been given as a foul in 95% of those matches.

The challenge on Jordon could have ended his career.  Someone had the luxury of watching 3 or 4 replays and decided it was a fair challenge.

VAR isn't working.  It won't improve referee's decisions and never will.

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12693 on: November 7, 2021, 11:13:34 pm »

Same prick was refereeing that day too.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #12694 on: November 7, 2021, 11:15:54 pm »
NBC commentary thought the goal should have been disallowed and that Creswell's challenge was a red so maybe it's just a BBC thing, no idea.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12695 on: November 7, 2021, 11:23:36 pm »
Challenge looks worse every time you see it.

Offline Dr Stu-Pid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #12696 on: November 7, 2021, 11:43:00 pm »
For me the tackle is worse because Cresswell knows exactly what he is doing.  Early in the game and a 50-50 so he is going to take ball then man to send a message and get the crowd up.  He obviously doesn’t mean for his foot to bounce up off of the ball, but it is always a risk with a tackle of that intensity, which is exactly why they have been outlawed and players are told that they will be red cards even if they don’t cause an injury.

I mean FFS Xhaka was sent off earlier in the season when his tackle didn’t even make contact with the player because the action alone was (rightly) deemed to be reckless and dangerous, so how the hell can a qualified referee look at that incident on video and think that no further action is needed.  It’s incompetence at best.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12697 on: November 8, 2021, 07:20:48 am »
completely agree with this. We just accept everything , where as other clubs like Utd, Chelsea and city constantly harass the officials. I’m sure it’s not a coincidence they get a lot more decisions in their favour.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #12698 on: November 8, 2021, 08:33:26 am »
Never mind Ogbonna in front of Alisson, Antonio actually pushes him with his hand and puts him out of place. That's a foul on the goalie in every match in the last 10 years.

I also thought there was a foul on Trent when he volleyed a shot. Studs up high foot clattered him after.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12699 on: November 8, 2021, 08:38:08 am »
Never mind Ogbonna in front of Alisson, Antonio actually pushes him with his hand and puts him out of place. That's a foul on the goalie in every match in the last 10 years.

I also thought there was a foul on Trent when he volleyed a shot. Studs up high foot clattered him after.

Blatant foul on Trent, ref had absolutely no interest.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12700 on: November 8, 2021, 08:44:15 am »
Also on their second Antonio from an offside position clearly blocks the path of Van Dijk as he's trying to close down Fornals. Willing to bet whatever you want that it would've at least been looked at had it been in our favour.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #12701 on: November 8, 2021, 08:44:19 am »

Brighton away last season. Was a penalty wasn't it?

Foul on De Gea in 2019/2020.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12702 on: November 8, 2021, 08:45:27 am »

Think it was Burnley last season given a penalty at Anfield last season for a challenge made after the player had a shot. We clearly have different rules to abide by
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #12703 on: November 8, 2021, 08:47:08 am »
Foul on the keeper. No goal.
Guess the referee.....?

Nail, head.

Yesterday, a West Ham player used their arms to gain an advantage. It was quite clear.  I can understand the ref missing that in a busy penalty area, but not VAR.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12704 on: November 8, 2021, 08:56:24 am »
Nothing will change with these corrupt/incompetent refs until they are made to do interviews explaining their decisions and asked to explain why they gave different decisions for similar incidents in previous games.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12705 on: November 8, 2021, 09:29:43 am »

You mean like Virgil and Elliot????  Yeah, that really stopped it, didn't it!

They don't give a toss Jill.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #12706 on: November 8, 2021, 09:30:00 am »
Didn't have the force or intensity to be given as a red according to VAR panel on Sky.
Then we need to go back to them, and ask why Ronaldo stayed on the pitch, after lashing out twice at Curtis Jones, after the whistle had blown for a foul. Still not enough 'force' ? Still not enough 'intensity'?
They make these rules up as they go along.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #12707 on: November 8, 2021, 09:37:10 am »

Unless I'm imagining it, didn't an Arsenal player get sent off earlier in the season for jumping in and not even making any contact?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #12708 on: November 8, 2021, 09:37:26 am »
Clear red..as clear as it gets.
Cresswell knows what he's doing, close to the ball..makes contact & goes over the ball following through & completes the shithousery of a tackle with a scissor.
Reckless, both feet off the ground is the biggest factor & not being in control.
Absolutely insane not to think anything else but red.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1457390867895967744

An hour or so earlier a similar action Holgate clears the ball & the intent here is clear too with the follow through.
Red card given & deserved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAup-KP0-IE

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #12709 on: November 8, 2021, 09:42:44 am »
The problem you have is that the media have entrenched this idea that Liverpool get every decision going and never, ever get any against them.

For other fans and pundits, Liverpool get all the luck, all the decisions and have an unfair advantage over every other team. So when (Once in a blue moon) finally a decision goes against Liverpool then the opposition fans and media and pundits rejoice because FINALLY the Scousers are getting a decision AT LAST against them.

Read other forums and other media sources and this is the narrative.

The fact that we are regularly fucked over by Mike Rileys PGMOL and his twat referees doesn't even get mentioned or noticed.

Most games we get fuck all and most games we get fucked over.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12710 on: November 8, 2021, 09:51:26 am »
VAR has made the game so much worse. Before, we could give the ref the benefit of the doubt because it’s a fast game and people can make mistakes. However VAR, instead of correcting these mistakes, just highlights the fact that referees are doing this deliberately. It really does put me off the game.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12711 on: November 8, 2021, 10:06:09 am »
Is there anywhere you can see a clip of the challenge close up at actual speed as opposed to the slowed down VAR clip?

Interested to see how Attwell could have deemed it didn't have the necessary force to warrant a red

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12712 on: November 8, 2021, 10:06:41 am »
Unless I'm imagining it, didn't an Arsenal player get sent off earlier in the season for jumping in and not even making any contact?

Not imagining it mate, it was Xhaka very early in the season.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12713 on: November 8, 2021, 10:14:22 am »
Is there anywhere you can see a clip of the challenge close up at actual speed as opposed to the slowed down VAR clip?

Interested to see how Attwell could have deemed it didn't have the necessary force to warrant a red
Don’t forget, this is the Stuart Attwell that gave a goal when a shot had gone 3 yards wide.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #12714 on: November 8, 2021, 10:17:32 am »
As for the first goal, if we had scored it and the referee had disallowed it, I can just hear Alan Smith or whoever saying "nah. You can't touch the keeper like that. It's always going to be given as a foul. Every referee is going to give that",
and everyone would just accept that.
Likewise yesterday, if it had been disallowed, people would be saying "oh, Liverpool got away with one there", and then it would have been forgotten about, because they all know that it's always given as a foul (whether or not we agree with the keeper getting so much protection)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12715 on: November 8, 2021, 11:09:10 am »
As for the first goal, if we had scored it and the referee had disallowed it, I can just hear Alan Smith or whoever saying "nah. You can't touch the keeper like that. It's always going to be given as a foul. Every referee is going to give that",
and everyone would just accept that.
Likewise yesterday, if it had been disallowed, people would be saying "oh, Liverpool got away with one there", and then it would have been forgotten about, because they all know that it's always given as a foul (whether or not we agree with the keeper getting so much protection)

For me, I don't think it should have been disallowed. If it was us scoring it, I'd have been raging if it was disallowed.

But pretty much every single challenge on the keeper is a foul these days. Any other side conceding that would have had it ruled out. Pawson probably would've blew his whistle immediately, and it wouldn't have been overturned.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #12716 on: November 8, 2021, 11:16:45 am »
So Attwell was the VAR ref yesterday. Same guy who took charge of our game against Brighton last season where the dodgy penalty was given. Also reffed our 3-3 draw against Brentford earlier on in the season.

Offline Dr Stu-Pid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #12717 on: November 8, 2021, 11:32:04 am »
For me, I don't think it should have been disallowed. If it was us scoring it, I'd have been raging if it was disallowed.

But pretty much every single challenge on the keeper is a foul these days. Any other side conceding that would have had it ruled out. Pawson probably would've blew his whistle immediately, and it wouldn't have been overturned.

Just to add to his (and the post above) in the Brighton game at the weekend the Brighton keeper decided to come out and catch the ball.  It was a clean catch, but his momentum then took him over the top of a Newcastle player and he came down and landed on him, and then fell down in a heap (I can't remember if he dropped the ball or not).  The referee immediately blew for a foul despite the fact that the Newcastle player did absolutely nothing wrong, he didn't back into him and he didn't even jump!  Commentator and co-commentator look at the incident and say it is a foul.  That is the protection that goalkeepers get week in and week out.  So regardless of whether we think it should be a foul or not, we should just ask that the same standards are applied equally, which at the moment clearly isn't the case.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12718 on: November 8, 2021, 11:35:33 am »
Dermot Gallagher on Sky (Ref Watch): 1. First goal was a good goal - No issue. 2. Cresswell challenge - Not a red card. Point of contact wasn't like Holgate incident (At most should have been a yellow) - Smith and Warnock disagree with Gallagher.

Predictable. Doesn't matter if they are wrong or we disagree. The ref's aren't penalised for making mistakes.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #12719 on: November 8, 2021, 11:38:58 am »
Dermot Gallagher on Sky (Ref Watch): 1. First goal was a good goal - No issue. 2. Cresswell challenge - Not a red card. Point of contact wasn't like Holgate incident (At most should have been a yellow) - Smith and Warnock disagree with Gallagher.

Predictable. Doesn't matter if they are wrong or we disagree. The ref's aren't penalised for making mistakes.

This is Dermot "I have a Manchester United tattoo" Gallagher?