Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3470918 times)

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ol8 from Molde!" Pogba: An Enigma wrapped in a noodle.
« Reply #34120 on: September 13, 2019, 12:50:55 pm »
He’s ok, but he’s not £50m good. Relatively solid defensively but not very good going forward.

He's better than OK.

He could turn out to be a very good full back in the traditional sense. Like a more refined, more powerful version of Nathaniel Clyne.

Whether that potential is worth £50M is another debate than can only probably be answered years down the line. He's definitely better than what United had at RB already though
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ol8 from Molde!" Pogba: An Enigma wrapped in a noodle.
« Reply #34121 on: September 13, 2019, 12:51:59 pm »
He's definitely better than what United had at RB already though

True. But a very low bar
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34122 on: September 13, 2019, 12:56:46 pm »
He's better than OK.

He could turn out to be a very good full back in the traditional sense. Like a more refined, more powerful version of Nathaniel Clyne.

Whether that potential is worth £50M is another debate than can only probably be answered years down the line. He's definitely better than what United had at RB already though

I don’t think he’s shown anything to suggest he’s any better than Clyne was at his best. In fact no where near that yet imo.

OK was probably harsh, but was more suggesting he just isn’t a £50m player.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34123 on: September 13, 2019, 01:01:45 pm »
The TGFM billboard near the ground has inforrmation for the match tomorrow - the battle for 6th it declares :lmao
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #34124 on: September 13, 2019, 01:23:32 pm »
The TGFM billboard near the ground has inforrmation for the match tomorrow - the battle for 6th it declares :lmao

yeah my cousin just posted a pic of it on FB  ;D
Believer

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34125 on: September 13, 2019, 01:34:46 pm »
Unbeaten during pre-season. They were back.

Didn’t last that long.

The gushing after the 4-0 win against Chelsea too. Anyone would have thought it was a three horse race all of a sudden

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34126 on: September 13, 2019, 01:56:11 pm »
They literally don't have a single player I'd take that could improve our squad, they are completely shit.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34127 on: September 13, 2019, 01:58:59 pm »
They literally don't have a single player I'd take that could improve our squad, they are completely shit.

I’d take de Gea as No2.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #34128 on: September 13, 2019, 03:15:26 pm »
"I see them as a good team but Man Utd is the biggest and best club in the world. I'm sure they want to get into the top four like we do. It's a great test and a great challenge. For our players who want to push closer to City and Liverpool, here's your chance."

Good man Ole. Man Utd are the biggest and best club in the world, but their aim is top 4, and remind your entire fanbase that your 2 bitter rivals are a lot better than you are.

With the money available now in the league where everyone can buy, and the appeal of some teams not as it was, there has never been a more crucial time to have a great manager in place to ensure you progress. And they don't have one

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34129 on: September 13, 2019, 03:20:03 pm »
"I see them as a good team but Man Utd is the biggest and best club in the world. I'm sure they want to get into the top four like we do. It's a great test and a great challenge. For our players who want to push closer to City and Liverpool, here's your chance."

Good man Ole. Man Utd are the biggest and best club in the world, but their aim is top 4, and remind your entire fanbase that your 2 bitter rivals are a lot better than you are.

With the money available now in the league where everyone can buy, and the appeal of some teams not as it was, there has never been a more crucial time to have a great manager in place to ensure you progress. And they don't have one

And they seem fine with it too.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34130 on: September 13, 2019, 03:38:22 pm »
And they seem fine with it too.

That's the gorgeous thing about it isnt it. The're walking eyes open into a field where they'll get rogered by all of the teams they used to look down on. But Ole says they are the best and loves talking about this DNA rubbish so its all good

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #34131 on: September 13, 2019, 04:58:00 pm »
1.Pool
2.City
3.Arse
4.Spurs
5.Leicester
6.Chelsea
7.The Ev
8. Man Utd
9. West Ham

Thoughts? Am I wrong?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34132 on: September 13, 2019, 05:03:32 pm »
1.Pool
2.City
3.Arse
4.Spurs
5.Leicester
6.Chelsea
7.The Ev
8. Man Utd
9. West Ham

Thoughts? Am I wrong?

As shite as United are, they’ll finish above Everton.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34133 on: September 13, 2019, 05:04:01 pm »
They should really be getting battered tomorrow.

Offline Gutzon Borglum

• Kopite
« Reply #34134 on: September 13, 2019, 05:06:00 pm »
1.Pool
2.City
3.Arse
4.Spurs
5.Leicester
6.Chelsea
7.The Ev
8. Man Utd
9. West Ham

Thoughts? Am I wrong?

Would be a beautiful sight that, and to be fair it's hard to argue with. You'd think Everton would bottle the Europa League somehow though.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34135 on: September 13, 2019, 05:07:37 pm »
Would be a beautiful sight that, and to be fair it's hard to argue with. You'd think Everton would bottle the Europa League somehow though.

You’d assume given their fans voting habits they’d be sick at being back in Europe  ???

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #34136 on: September 13, 2019, 05:12:42 pm »
Is there a thread for PL table predictions here? I entered my table at work today.

Some teams I`m not sure about though. Teams like Watford and Bournemouth have been shit for the last 15 games while Palace and Newcastle are way better than I would assume. Spurs have had relegation form and United have also been crap after Solskjaer got the job permanently.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34137 on: September 13, 2019, 05:24:11 pm »
They should really be getting battered tomorrow.

It's at OT.  They might get battered but it probably won't be on the scoreline as based on the 4 previous games Rodgers is probably rolling out a double DM midfield.  Dull game with a goal in it is my guess.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #34138 on: September 13, 2019, 05:35:13 pm »
It's at OT.  They might get battered but it probably won't be on the scoreline as based on the 4 previous games Rodgers is probably rolling out a double DM midfield.  Dull game with a goal in it is my guess.

Last four Leicester games?

Last two were 4-3-3/4-1-4-1 with a single pivot:

Against Chelsea it was definitely a double pivot, so he'll probably go that way again because of who it is, but with it being a weakened United side from injuries, he might decide to go for it after all, and just play Ndidi with Praet and Tielemans box to box. Anything that puts pressure on that United backline is going to be painful for United
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #34139 on: September 13, 2019, 06:00:45 pm »
Is that real or a photoshop?  :D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34140 on: September 13, 2019, 06:08:13 pm »

Real. They keep doing it and taking the piss.

Send the pic to my GF’s bro (die hard United Fab living in Manc)... he loved it  ??? ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34141 on: September 13, 2019, 06:09:05 pm »

A formidable challenge for the bigliest club in the world.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34142 on: September 13, 2019, 06:40:01 pm »
I’d take de Gea as No2.

Prefer Adrian
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34143 on: September 13, 2019, 06:41:34 pm »
Real. They keep doing it and taking the piss.

Send the pic to my GF’s bro (die hard United Fab living in Manc)... he loved it  ??? ;D

;D

It would be great if the guy doing it is a Liverpool fan working in Mancland.  :)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34144 on: September 13, 2019, 06:44:30 pm »
Last four Leicester games?

Last two were 4-3-3/4-1-4-1 with a single pivot:

Against Chelsea it was definitely a double pivot, so he'll probably go that way again because of who it is, but with it being a weakened United side from injuries, he might decide to go for it after all, and just play Ndidi with Praet and Tielemans box to box. Anything that puts pressure on that United backline is going to be painful for United

You just can't help yourself can you?  Yes if you want to split hairs you can say a midfield with both Ndidi and Choudry isn't two DM's due to their positioning.  You win the argument of semantics, bravo.  It changes almost nothing of point I'm making in what Rodgers is probably going to do.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34145 on: September 13, 2019, 06:45:20 pm »

I love it when they say all that stuff.  :D It's the kind of drivel they used to come out with in the 70s and 80s when they were dire on the pitch but very mouthy off it.

Oleh has also just been on Granada Reports saying De Gea is ''the best 'keeper in the world'' too.  :)

Sorry Oleh, you are convincing no one.  :wave

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34146 on: September 13, 2019, 07:13:14 pm »
You just can't help yourself can you?  Yes if you want to split hairs you can say a midfield with both Ndidi and Choudry isn't two DM's due to their positioning.  You win the argument of semantics, bravo.  It changes almost nothing of point I'm making in what Rodgers is probably going to do.

Can't help myself?

Mate, if you'd paid attention in that E Licence course, I wouldn't have to.

Understand?

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34147 on: September 13, 2019, 07:17:43 pm »
For my money, Rodgers will want a statement performance tomorrow. Let's hope Ole hangs on until we get to play them.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Gutzon Borglum

• Kopite
« Reply #34148 on: September 13, 2019, 07:18:22 pm »

Wijnaldum and Henderson can both play as DMs, and we have seen them in double pivots both together and with Fabinho. However, in our standard formation we play all 3 of them together yet only one of them is a DM. So why can't Choudry be capable of playing both in the 2 of a '2-1 midfield' and in the 2 of a '1-2 midfield'?

Seems to me like there's two questions here; double pivot or single pivot and if only single pivot, Choudry or Praet?

Personally I would think he'd be wise to start with the single pivot and press the fuck out of that United back line and midfield, which lack the technical ability to not turn the ball over cheaply. Then if they find themselves in the lead at halftime, switch to the double pivot and conserve energy/protect the lead.

With Martial and Pogba out, I think United would struggle to break Leicester down in such a situation, and we know how lethal the Maddison/Vardy combo is on the counter.. So, rather than going balls out in the first half, Brendan might play it safe and back his side to keep their shape and pick United off.

Either way, if Leicester defend well I can see them taking the 3 points here.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34149 on: September 13, 2019, 07:25:28 pm »
Can't help myself?

Understand?

:wellin :wellin :wellin
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34150 on: September 13, 2019, 07:26:53 pm »

As Craig said, it is real. There was something about Pogba on the one in Irlam near the AJ Bell stadium the other week and last week had some cryptic message about the rugby on it.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34151 on: September 13, 2019, 07:30:22 pm »
As Craig said, it is real. There was something about Pogba on the one in Irlam near the AJ Bell stadium the other week and last week had some cryptic message about the rugby on it.

Do they fume over it or generally laugh it off?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34152 on: September 13, 2019, 07:30:37 pm »
Prefer Adrian

Adrian is currently our #1.  DeGea would do as backup until Alisson is back. ;)

For my money, Rodgers will want a statement performance tomorrow. Let's hope Ole hangs on until we get to play them.

He will be gone either right before we play them - or right after. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34153 on: September 13, 2019, 07:32:34 pm »
Do they fume over it or generally laugh it off?

Fume at some. They think it is a City fan taking the piss.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #34154 on: September 13, 2019, 07:35:29 pm »
Can't help myself?

Understand?

Just go spend lots of money, thereby eliminating the need for coaching... :wave
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34155 on: September 13, 2019, 07:43:29 pm »
Just go spend lots of money, thereby eliminating the need for coaching... :wave

It's, like, Coaching 101!

Didn't win this year? No problem - just hold trials at the end of the season, and replace the underdeveloped players with developed ones!

Bob's your (fee-paying, field-arranging) uncle! You can now win that holiday-weekend tournament you craved for so long!

;D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34156 on: September 13, 2019, 08:03:48 pm »
Adrian is currently our #1.  DeGea would do as backup until Alisson is back. ;)

Prefer Lonergan.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #34157 on: September 13, 2019, 08:25:20 pm »
It's, like, Coaching 101!

Didn't win this year? No problem - just hold trials at the end of the season, and replace the underdeveloped players with developed ones!

Bob's your (fee-paying, field-arranging) uncle! You can now win that holiday-weekend tournament you craved for so long!

;D

And there will be more preening adults in the trophy-brandishing photo than players...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline indianscouser

• Kopite

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34159 on: September 13, 2019, 08:37:51 pm »
its real drove past that going round old Trafford way last night