Author Topic: Incident at Manchester Arena  (Read 76505 times)

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Incident at Manchester Arena
« Reply #200 on: May 23, 2017, 03:50:51 am »
CNN anchor just asked a crying mother whose daughter (along with her best friend) is still missing - "Tell us about the concert.. was your daughter a fan...? her best friend was a fan...?" FML!!

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #201 on: May 23, 2017, 04:03:09 am »
CNN anchor just asked a crying mother whose daughter (along with her best friend) is still missing - "Tell us about the concert.. was your daughter a fan...? her best friend was a fan...?" FML!!

I saw that as well. To be fair to him I think he was lost for words and had absolutely no idea what to say and seemed very uncomfortable interviewing her. Whoever had the idea to contact the mother and ask for an interview from her at a time like this deserves to lose their job.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: May 23, 2017, 04:10:57 am »
The spotlight should not be on the scumbag who committed this terrible act, it should be on the poor children who lost their lives going to a concert for their favorite artist, it could have been anyone of us, the spotlight should also be on the beautiful people of Manchester who responded to this tragedy by opening their homes to strangers for shelters and help.

In times like these, the people of Manchester responded with love and compassion and shared the tragedy together already defeating the purpose of whoever committed this hideous act, showing that neither fear nor hatred will ever rule people's lives and for this they are the real heroes.

Thoughts and prayers are with those who lost a loved one today, may your loved ones rest in peace.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #203 on: May 23, 2017, 04:13:19 am »
I cannot imagine the feeling of the parents who cannot reach kids.

What in the world is the intent of the perpetrators. Targeting young people just means people will hate and despise the terrorists and everything they stand for, for even longer.

Cannot imagine the feeling of Mums and Dads who have kids there. Must be utterly gut wrenching.

Who targets kids on purpose ???

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: May 23, 2017, 04:15:52 am »
Anyway..RIP to those who lost their lives.

There are some really stupid people in the world. I have never understood how a suicide bomber helps whatever cause they do their hideous act for.
As a Muslim, it really baffles me, it puts people like me at a challenge and an understandable risk almost every day because of stupid acts like these.

Those who commit this are heartless pieces of shit, I don't even comprehend how they think.

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #205 on: May 23, 2017, 04:53:38 am »
They do it to provoke a reaction. That then provokes more. Ie people attacking mosques, non-extreme Muslims. With the ultimate goal of driving those moderate or unsympathetic believers into becoming extreme ones out if their own eye-for-an-eye retaliation and some sort of big divisive battle. It's just nihilistic psychopathy.

And the best thing to do is not take the bait and be lowered to their base level of hate. They'll die off enentually on their own

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: May 23, 2017, 05:03:30 am »
They won't die off until Islam joins the modern day world, like pretty much every other religion has.They still believe they are fighting a holy war from thousands of years ago. Fucking idiots.
That won't happen when the US has just signed a deal worth billions of dollars to arm Saudi Arabia a state that funds terrorism and still live 1400 years away from modern society.

Funds to Middle Eastern countries should be spent on education and health care, not arming dictators. Dictators in the Middle East will only make terrorist organizations like Isis bigger and stronger.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 05:09:22 am by Y2J »

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: May 23, 2017, 05:05:05 am »
They do it to provoke a reaction. That then provokes more. Ie people attacking mosques, non-extreme Muslims. With the ultimate goal of driving those moderate or unsympathetic believers into becoming extreme ones out if their own eye-for-an-eye retaliation and some sort of big divisive battle. It's just nihilistic psychopathy.

And the best thing to do is not take the bait and be lowered to their base level of hate. They'll die off enentually on their own
I understand and get the first part. But I don't think I agree with your conclusion. This won't die off on its own and inaction is nowhere close to the best course of action.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #208 on: May 23, 2017, 05:05:50 am »
Please don't post conspiracies and numerology shite.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: May 23, 2017, 05:07:33 am »
Just dreadful news to wake up to. Thoughts with all the victims and their families.

Offline Mercer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: May 23, 2017, 05:29:06 am »
So, so shocked at this.

RIP.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #211 on: May 23, 2017, 05:56:56 am »
Rest in Peace to those killed in this cowardly attack. My heart goes out to the victims and their families and those injured.

I am filled with both rage and despair.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: May 23, 2017, 06:12:59 am »
What absolute scum, at a kids concert

Rip to all those that have lost there lives

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #213 on: May 23, 2017, 06:20:28 am »
Terrible news  :(
Targeting children? That's the action of a fucking shithouse  :no

My heart goes out to all those affected.
R.I.P
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: May 23, 2017, 06:20:36 am »
Can we wait until there's some more detail before discussing this? There are 19 people dead and many injured. There will be plenty of time to talk about why this happened.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: May 23, 2017, 06:24:01 am »
Can we wait until there's some more detail before discussing this? There are 19 people dead and many injured. There will be plenty of time to talk about why this happened.

Agreed.

How do you prevent these things? So small scale and can be organised without much if any coordination.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: May 23, 2017, 06:24:32 am »
The root cause of Britain now being a prime target is a direct result of recent British armed involvement in Muslim countries, just as it was in Ireland/Northern Ireland. It's not rocket science yet it seems the British government has learned nothing from Northern Ireland.

This really isn't the time it place for this.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #217 on: May 23, 2017, 06:35:26 am »
Oh how I wish I hadn't woken to see this...

Pigs.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: May 23, 2017, 06:42:25 am »
What a waste of life. Again. Feels horrible typing "again" but it's becoming all too frequent
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: May 23, 2017, 07:04:01 am »
Locked for a moment. There are people waking up to this news who will be taking ion the deaths of 19 people and the horrific injuries of many more. Can we wait for a bit before going over the same old ground.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: May 23, 2017, 07:04:38 am »
The spotlight should not be on the scumbag who committed this terrible act, it should be on the poor children who lost their lives going to a concert for their favorite artist, it could have been anyone of us, the spotlight should also be on the beautiful people of Manchester who responded to this tragedy by opening their homes to strangers for shelters and help.

In times like these, the people of Manchester responded with love and compassion and shared the tragedy together already defeating the purpose of whoever committed this hideous act, showing that neither fear nor hatred will ever rule people's lives and for this they are the real heroes.

Thoughts and prayers are with those who lost a loved one today, may your loved ones rest in peace.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: May 23, 2017, 07:08:29 am »
Unlocked. Can we focus on actual facts as they become apparent and save the speculation for another thread.

Confirmed:

22 people have died.
59 people injured
Single suicide attacker with an improvised IED
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: May 23, 2017, 07:11:01 am »
~Woke up 10 minutes to see this news. Actually in tears here
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: May 23, 2017, 07:12:30 am »
Terrible news. Thoughts with anyone caught up in this.

Targeting young girls...

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #224 on: May 23, 2017, 07:13:10 am »
Kids confirmed among the dead as is the attacker.
 :-\

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: May 23, 2017, 07:19:15 am »
I'm absolutely sick of this, we need to wipe the lot of them out the shithouses.

RIP to those who were caught up in this horrific act.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #226 on: May 23, 2017, 07:23:17 am »
Agreed.

How do you prevent these things? So small scale and can be organised without much if any coordination.

It's almost impossible if it's a single person doing it. We don't know how many attacks the security services stop but it's probably quite a few. As this is a bombing then unlike at Westminster he probably had help and everyone who so much as breathed near this scumbag will be being picked up today.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #227 on: May 23, 2017, 07:24:42 am »
Absolutely awful. You get so conditioned to reading these stories that sometimes (wrongly, I know) you don't dwell on it too much but this one is particularly upsetting for a number of reasons. RIP to all the innocent victims.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #228 on: May 23, 2017, 07:27:34 am »
Gmp said 22 dead now😢
Not heard from my daughter who is at Manchester uni. Can't believe for a moment she would be there, but feeling a tiny bit of the horror others must be going through.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #229 on: May 23, 2017, 07:28:50 am »
Kids confirmed among the dead as is the attacker.
 :-\
They go for a fun night out and never come back home, absolutely sickening. Its at times like these I hope Hell is real because thats where the killer will be burning right now.

RIP the 19.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #230 on: May 23, 2017, 07:29:46 am »
RIP  :'(
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #231 on: May 23, 2017, 07:31:57 am »
Chief constable full statement.

This has been the most horrific incident we have had to face in Greater Manchester and one that we all hoped we would never see.

Families and many young people were out to enjoy a concert at the Manchester Arena and have lost their lives. Our thoughts are with those 22 victims that we now know have died, the 59 people who have been injured and their loved ones. We continue to do all we can to support them. They are being treated at eight hospitals across Greater Manchester.

This is a fast-moving investigation and we have significant resources deployed to both the investigation and the visible patrols that people will see across Greater Manchester as they wake up to news of the events last night. This will include armed officers as people would expect. More than 400 officers have been involved in the operation during the night.

To remind you, we were called at 10.33pm to reports of an explosion at the Manchester Arena at the conclusion of an Ariana Grande concert. More than 250 calls came in and emergency services were very quickly on scene. Emergency numbers have been established for anyone who is concerned for loved ones who may not have returned home: 0161 856 9400 or 0161 856 9900.

We have been treating this as a terrorist incident and we believe that while the attack last night was conducted by one man, the priority is to establish whether he was acting alone or as part of a network.

The attacker, I can confirm, died at the arena. We believe the attacker was carrying an improvised explosive device, which he detonated, causing this atrocity.

We would ask people not to speculate on his details or to share names. There is a complex and wide-ranging investigation under way.

Our priority is to work with the national counter-terrorist policing network and UK intelligence services to establish more details about the individual who carried out this attack.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #232 on: May 23, 2017, 07:35:14 am »
Abdolutely appalled at this. Sadly there are evil people in this world.

I've been in the area of the explosion over 30 times - makes you realise how fragile life is.

RIP to the deceased and heartfelt thoughts to their families.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: May 23, 2017, 07:35:55 am »
Fuck me. Went to sleep last night after reading the first dozen or so posts about it being a blown speaker or something, now it's a likely terror attack with 22 dead. RIP.  :(
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #234 on: May 23, 2017, 07:38:20 am »
RIP to all of those who have lost their lives, and condolences to their family and friends. I just cannot believe they can do this to kids, just awful absolute scum those responsible.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #235 on: May 23, 2017, 07:38:50 am »
Just heard the terrible news. Heart goes out to those poor people who have lost loved ones. I just can't comprehend how anybody could deliberately target children in this way. Utterly barbaric and twisted ideology. 

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #236 on: May 23, 2017, 07:40:09 am »
Waking up to news like this just puts you on a downer for the rest of the day  :'(

People can't even enjoy a night out without fearing for their life. This world is full of sick twisted individuals

Offline reddav72

• Anny Roader
« Reply #237 on: May 23, 2017, 07:41:03 am »
waking up to this terrible news. wtf is going on. a kids concert love and thoughts to manchester and all affected by this disgusting act.
stand together and stand strong.
part of the noise!!
i was once told 'why dont you go out and meet somebody' i said 'i dont want to meet somebody. I want to meet everybody'!!

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: May 23, 2017, 07:43:05 am »
Lost for words. RIP.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: May 23, 2017, 07:43:28 am »
What an utter dickhead you've got to be to do this :(

RIP