Author Topic: FIFA 18  (Read 47902 times)

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: FIFA 18
« Reply #400 on: February 19, 2018, 03:08:14 am »
get him in a pack or buy him? He's going for around 290,000 coins

Bought him. I trade a bit on it so I've always got plenty of coins really.

I bought his TOTGS and then just pretty much sold and then bought the new one every time he got a new IF  ;D
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #401 on: February 19, 2018, 03:24:47 am »
Bought him. I trade a bit on it so I've always got plenty of coins really.

I bought his TOTGS and then just pretty much sold and then bought the new one every time he got a new IF  ;D

What is TOTGS?

I've never done the whole trading thing, seems too complicated for me haha

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #402 on: February 19, 2018, 03:50:03 am »
What is TOTGS?

I've never done the whole trading thing, seems too complicated for me haha

Team of the group stage, he got one for CL. They're like light blue cards.

Yeah it's a bit tricky, I've been playing for years and I only get it a little. I get a lot of tips off of Twitter too.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #403 on: February 19, 2018, 04:56:46 am »
Team of the group stage, he got one for CL. They're like light blue cards.

Yeah it's a bit tricky, I've been playing for years and I only get it a little. I get a lot of tips off of Twitter too.
ah yeah i've seen them, his TOTW is a higher rated card isn't it?

Shame the best player i've ever had in a pack is mbappé, and not even a special

it's all a con by EA to make money

Offline ScouserAlec

• Kopite
« Reply #404 on: February 22, 2018, 09:25:08 pm »
Started UT over Xmas, addicted still!
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: February 22, 2018, 10:34:08 pm »
Got 340k to spend. Want as many LFC IFs as I can, but slightly tempted to keep saving for the 89 Salah instead.

Offline ScouserAlec

• Kopite
« Reply #406 on: February 23, 2018, 10:14:13 am »
Best way to get coins?

I've been playing squad battles which has been getting me quite a bit of coins, but stupidly blew all of my saved up 80k coins on packs and got no return!

Now got 5000 coins  :no

Offline Glass Kites

• Anny Roader
  • 5x
    • Blog
« Reply #407 on: February 23, 2018, 02:39:56 pm »
I do the squad battles too. Never managed to get higher than Elite 3 though.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #408 on: February 23, 2018, 03:46:01 pm »
Well the best way is to get your wallet out. Ultimate team is a giant scam. If you want to do it by putting the hours in you will never get a properly elite team. Try and qualify for weekend league and get the rewards from that. Be prepared to play against the very best players with the very best squads. Fun fun!

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #409 on: February 23, 2018, 06:35:07 pm »
Best way to get coins?

I've been playing squad battles which has been getting me quite a bit of coins, but stupidly blew all of my saved up 80k coins on packs and got no return!

Now got 5000 coins  :no

Not spending it on packs, just keep doing squad battles and let your coins rise

i got about 150k now and with a decent team, i want the firmino TOTW so need another 200k or so haha

Offline ScouserAlec

• Kopite
« Reply #410 on: February 23, 2018, 08:51:19 pm »
Not spending it on packs, just keep doing squad battles and let your coins rise

i got about 150k now and with a decent team, i want the firmino TOTW so need another 200k or so haha

My team is pretty basic compared to what I get put against online!

Courtois

Walker Azp Luiz Rose

Gueye Bakayoko

Mane Eriksen Sane

Kane

Seems like that is about the best I can do for a while though, the better players are so over priced and never come out of packs. Such a frustratingly addictive game mode

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: February 24, 2018, 01:17:00 pm »
Don't know how people manage to play weekend league every weekend. I started giving it a go last month and was a gold 3 player and thought the rewards were pretty decent, but 40 games in that amount of time is just a drag, lost interest after 2 weekends of it. Surely it makes more sense to have the 40 games from Monday-Friday? Especially considering most football is played of a weekend and people want to watch real football over playing Fifa??

Actually managed to build a good team this year for the first time though, past years I've just had a really standard side but this year I've got: Cech (Untradeable), Valencia (Untradeable), OTW Virgil, Bailly (Untradeable), IF Alonso, FUTMas Wijnaldum (Untradeable), Bakayoko, IF Ox, 86 IF Firmino, POTM Mane (Untradeable), POTM Salah (Untradeable).

With back ups of Ederson (Untradeable), OTW Laporte, TOTGS Mbappe (Untradeable), Ibrahimovic (Untradeable), Sane (Untradeable), 93 POTM Kane (Untradeable), OTW Mkhitaryan (Untradeable), Kompany (Untradeable), IF Balotelli (Untradeable), Fernandinho (Untradeable).

God bless the gold upgrade untradeable packs!

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #412 on: February 24, 2018, 01:24:24 pm »
Don't know how people manage to play weekend league every weekend. I started giving it a go last month and was a gold 3 player and thought the rewards were pretty decent, but 40 games in that amount of time is just a drag, lost interest after 2 weekends of it. Surely it makes more sense to have the 40 games from Monday-Friday? Especially considering most football is played of a weekend and people want to watch real football over playing Fifa??

Actually managed to build a good team this year for the first time though, past years I've just had a really standard side but this year I've got: Cech (Untradeable), Valencia (Untradeable), OTW Virgil, Bailly (Untradeable), IF Alonso, FUTMas Wijnaldum (Untradeable), Bakayoko, IF Ox, 86 IF Firmino, POTM Mane (Untradeable), POTM Salah (Untradeable).

With back ups of Ederson (Untradeable), OTW Laporte, TOTGS Mbappe (Untradeable), Ibrahimovic (Untradeable), Sane (Untradeable), 93 POTM Kane (Untradeable), OTW Mkhitaryan (Untradeable), Kompany (Untradeable), IF Balotelli (Untradeable), Fernandinho (Untradeable).

Whats these weekend leagues mate? Been solely playing clubs for a few months now so dont know of other things.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline ScouserAlec

• Kopite
« Reply #413 on: February 24, 2018, 11:52:51 pm »

Boss team that, shits all over mine! How have you got so many untradeable good cards though!!??

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: February 25, 2018, 12:30:31 am »
Well the best way is to get your wallet out. Ultimate team is a giant scam. If you want to do it by putting the hours in you will never get a properly elite team. Try and qualify for weekend league and get the rewards from that. Be prepared to play against the very best players with the very best squads. Fun fun!

I guess it depends what you mean by elite team. I'm very average at the game but have managed to get a couple of boss little teams together this FIFA. Think playing it from the start and Squad Battles helped a lot initially. They gave me enough players to regularly do Squad Builders in which do definitely pay off if you do them regularly.

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #415 on: February 25, 2018, 12:44:06 am »
Yeah I've made 7m coins profit and that's mostly from squad building challenges. Not spent a penny on packs, hardly play squad battles anymore (I got elite 3 at best the first few weeks), never done the weekend league but I do pretty much every SBC, including all of the league ones, preparing for them in advance (already got the La Liga, Premier League, Pro League and SPL ready for when they drop) and selling what I don't use.

I've had some decent pack luck too but even my brother who has awful pack luck and hasn't bothered doing the league SBC's this year has made about 4m coins and has a good team. It's probably the easiest it's ever been to make coins without spending cash.

Here's my team at the moment (the Mancs are Untradables):
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 12:47:03 am by JasonF »

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: February 25, 2018, 03:08:39 pm »

Whats these weekend leagues mate? Been solely playing clubs for a few months now so dont know of other things.

It's on Ultimate team. You have to qualify through a daily knockout tournament (they run Monday-Thursday I think), or reach division 1 on seasons. If you qualify then you play up to 40 games against others who qualified, and the more games you win the better rewards you get. Like I said rewards are decent I think if you can win a few games, but it ends up being such a slog to get through. Rewards are listed here - https://www.fifauteam.com/fut-champions-rewards-fifa-18/

Boss team that, shits all over mine! How have you got so many untradeable good cards though!!??

Most of the regular ones are just from the gold upgrade SBC, I sunk a lot of coins into that at the start of the game. I find the pack weight seems better in those, I guess EA are happier to give away good cards if they're untradeable than ones you can make coins from. I only really open them now when there is a good card I want currently in packs (Firmino's IF last week for example). Mane/Salah/Kane were just from the monthly SBC they do for best PL player, think they cost about 200k each but were a couple of months apart from each other so there was enough time to save up the coins.

When I open packs I send all the bronze/silver cards that aren't worth any coins on the market to my club, 90% of them will come in handy in an SBC one day, the marquee match up sbc's they release every Tuesday usually contain a couple of obscure clubs that would otherwise be expensive to do, but if you've already got a few stored away it's cheap. The non-rare gold cards that aren't worth anything I usually stock up until I have 11+ to put into a gold upgrade.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #417 on: February 26, 2018, 08:30:03 am »
With the ratings refresh, if for example i have firmino, his rating refresh is 83> 84, i'll need to buy/get that new rating won't i? my current card won't refresh will it?

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #418 on: February 26, 2018, 09:22:13 am »
Wanted to buy this digital copy instead of CD I already have... still £59.99 in the store, absolutely digusting.

EA are such a bunch of c*nts

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #419 on: February 26, 2018, 12:24:17 pm »
It's on Ultimate team. You have to qualify through a daily knockout tournament (they run Monday-Thursday I think), or reach division 1 on seasons. If you qualify then you play up to 40 games against others who qualified, and the more games you win the better rewards you get. Like I said rewards are decent I think if you can win a few games, but it ends up being such a slog to get through. Rewards are listed here - https://www.fifauteam.com/fut-champions-rewards-fifa-18/

Cheers mate :wave
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline ScouserAlec

• Kopite
« Reply #420 on: February 26, 2018, 06:34:47 pm »
Got Elite 3 in squad battles. Packs not too bad, got upgraded Mertens (87) going for around 75K atm, also got Valencia so should get decent amount of coins.

May save up to get Hazard

Offline theredguy03

• Put balls in his mouth and nearly choked
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho- Used to be Man City's tormentor
« Reply #421 on: February 28, 2018, 03:39:23 pm »
Packed 88 rated Eriksen and Pogba this week. Jammy or what? :D
My favourite all time LFC player? Tough choice.

Online JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #422 on: March 1, 2018, 02:35:04 am »
Anyone tried the Can inform yet? Thinking of getting him to replace inform Obiang, but it's a big jump in price.

Offline ScouserAlec

• Kopite
« Reply #423 on: March 1, 2018, 10:03:06 am »
Packed 88 rated Eriksen and Pogba this week. Jammy or what? :D

Boss, 87 Eriksen is probably my best player.

I packed 87 Mertens and sold him and used the funds to buy Hazard, he is class.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #424 on: March 2, 2018, 10:29:16 am »
With the ratings refresh, if for example i have firmino, his rating refresh is 83> 84, i'll need to buy/get that new rating won't i? my current card won't refresh will it?

Annoyingly my cards haven't refreshed :(

i got 160 k in coins now, so do i sell my players and get the upgraded cards or i should i have a go at doing a bundesliga team?

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: March 3, 2018, 08:34:37 am »
Done a couple of the squad building challenges that reward mega packs etc. They seem to be profitable if you whack all the cards on the market afterwards, made another 40-50k yesterday which pushed me over 500k. Was going to buy the 90 Salah but went with the 87 Firmino instead so I could continue trading and try to build back up.

Offline El_Capitán

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: March 17, 2018, 11:30:36 am »
Only ended up getting this not long after Xmas. Decided this year I'm not spending a single extra £1 on Fifa Points for UT and would only open ones I won in SBCs and that. Had by far the best pack luck I ever have doing it. Had 2 players worth over 200k (at the time I got them), as well as a fair few worth 50k plus and am currently sitting on about 600k watching the market go crazy.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: March 26, 2018, 08:47:59 am »
Just packed Gullit. Can't believe it.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: March 27, 2018, 09:11:51 pm »
Very nice. 2m coins? You a heavy player and that a drop in the ocean or is that going to completely change your game for the rest of the season?

I've packed Ramos this year and thats about my best :lmao 150k I think I got.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: March 27, 2018, 10:52:01 pm »
Definitely change my season mate :lmao

Would be buzzing with Ramos. I packed DDG a few weeks into the game when he was over 200k - but nothing special since.

I don't spend any of my own money on the game, just do SBC's/SB's for coins/packs.

Had a few games with Gullit (absolute beast) then sold him for 2.1m - haven't spent a penny yet either. Will do so this weekend when I've figured out the perfect lineup and the values are a bit cheaper. So confused about which lineup to go with :lmao

Shows you how much BS the packs are. I finished Elite 2 in the weeks Squad Battles, got 25k + 2 Mega Packs. First Mega Pack I opened, he came out, couldn't believe it.

Hoping VVD gets TOTW tomorrow as I have 6 of his OTW cards :lmao

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: April 18, 2018, 09:08:27 pm »
Konami and uefa seemingly ending their partnership. Be shocked if ea aren't all over the next license

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #431 on: April 22, 2018, 05:54:20 pm »
http://xboxclips.com/Lankey+Jay/968b0502-256c-45fa-a9c1-651d593dd8bc

So much luck involved in this game. Result defining bullshit based on no user input in practically every match.

I know the argument is that reducing the skill gap encourages people of all levels to continue playing and spending FIFA points, but this surely can't go on at the expense of enjoyable gameplay. The community is as toxic as I have seen it since I started playing online on FIFA 07.

Any hopes for a U-turn on 19?

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #432 on: April 22, 2018, 06:15:46 pm »
That's a brilliant clearance to be fair.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #433 on: April 22, 2018, 07:47:24 pm »
Who plays online?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: April 23, 2018, 04:46:42 pm »
That Salah POTY card looks mad, got to get that

Online JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #435 on: April 23, 2018, 09:05:51 pm »
That Salah POTY card looks mad, got to get that

I wanted it, but I just can't justify the price (1.2m coins). His team of the season card with the same stats will be cheaper, probably more like 700k.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: May 4, 2018, 09:41:12 pm »
I wanted it, but I just can't justify the price (1.2m coins). His team of the season card with the same stats will be cheaper, probably more like 700k.

I'm glad they game out, I think I'll be able to afford his 91 now :lmao

I've gone as LFC IF as I could afford.

Ederson in net

Back three of IF Lovren, Matip and blue TAA
Blue Hendo and IF Ox in the middle, IF Cou (I know) on the left and IF Moses (former LFC...) on the right.
Blue 87 Mane and regular Salah either side of 87 Firmino.

Just need to upgrade my Salah, maybe get Can, push Ox out wide and get rid of Moses.

240k coins to play with, done all the profitable SBC's I think. Thoughts to grow that or shall I just splash it and enjoy the last few months of the game?

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: May 5, 2018, 02:31:58 pm »
Can't wait for the World Cup mode on Ultimate Team. The one in 14 was so fun.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: May 5, 2018, 03:30:37 pm »
Why has Salah still got his Chelsea days image? Give me the lovely curls please FIFA.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: May 7, 2018, 08:30:17 am »
https://www.futhead.com/18/squads/3291304/

Got 480k to play with, and this squad. FIFA experts, change my team and formation and help me win again ;D?