Author Topic: Premier League Fixtures - 22nd - 23rd -- 25th April.  (Read 45850 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Premier League Fixtures - 22nd - 23rd -- 25th April.
« Reply #1480 on: April 28, 2017, 08:58:49 pm »
No, you wouldn't, because you still concede too many goals. The fact that Spurs are where they are is because they have one of the best  attacks in the league, combined with the best defence. Having your attacking players miss less games from injury wouldn't change the fact that in many games you have to score three because you concede two, and having to outscore your opponents every week does not lead to success, because attacking players, like Mane and Coutinho, as good as they can be, will always have off days. That is why you need to be able to grind out 1 nil wins, and Liverpool can't do that enough.

So until you get tighter at the back, challenging for the league won't happen. That should be Klopp's absolute priority in the summer.

Klopp is an attacking manager and he always will be. While I agree we need to improve our defence, he may possibly tweak the system a bit next season, so we are not as stretched as what we've sometimes been this season. I am pretty sure he will be looking at some defensive signings.

But he has always set his teams up to attack first and foremost. If you actually look at our scorers we share the burden among the team, which means we don't have to rely on just one player, to get the goals. I actually think we will also buy a goal scorer as well, so we have a different option to come off the bench, especially should Sturridge leave. It is about conditioning the players better as well, and the more they play his system, the more they will get used to it, and an improvement will come. But our front four is among the best attacking options in the league, there were few teams that could live with it, at the start of the season. This was Klopp's first full season, we will be better equipped to deal with things next season. 
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1481 on: April 28, 2017, 09:05:30 pm »
This, this & this.

If we ever want to win the league or even compete, we better hope we be in the CL for a couple of years then we pray we become something like Spurs.

If we had a system in place like Spurs, then missing on the CL is not a big deal, for us, it is a make or break because missing out on it will mean staying in the same cycle for another year at the very least.
So stay as you are not winning anything? As that is what Spurs do.

Offline My Original Username Back

• Kopite
« Reply #1482 on: April 28, 2017, 10:46:08 pm »
So stay as you are not winning anything? As that is what Spurs do.

That's harsh. Spurs are getting closer to winning something, that much is obvious. This team is only 2 - 3 years in it's development, without the luxury of spending 150 million on proven top tier players every summer.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1483 on: April 28, 2017, 10:55:30 pm »
That's harsh. Spurs are getting closer to winning something, that much is obvious. This team is only 2 - 3 years in it's development, without the luxury of spending 150 million on proven top tier players every summer.
You made an FA cup semi final woop de doo.. Liverpool made it to two finals last year. You aren't close to winning shit and "pray we become like Spurs" is one of the most embarrasing things i've read on this forum.

Two strong domestic campaigns coupled with two absolutely dire European showings. Harry Kane or Dele choose to leave and you are just an alright team with a decent manager. Hardly a football fans wetdream are Spurs.

Also you do realise the lack of spending was absolutely why you failed miserably in the European cup? your squad wasn't strong enough or experienced enough to make headway in a group which was really open for anyone to go and win. Instead of signing tried and tested continental standard players, you over pay on deadline day for Moussa Sissoko and sign a donkey in Janssen. Not spending huge amounts of cash and succeeding is brilliant, failing to spend and then getting knocked out of Europa by Gent is two completely different things.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 10:59:11 pm by ggcc14 »
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1484 on: April 28, 2017, 11:04:28 pm »
Just seen that Fraser Forster this season has - by a fair distance - the worst Save % of any keeper in the history of the Premier a League (playing at least 10 games).

I knew he was having an absolute nightmare of a season...but that's a special kind of awful. Worst in 25 years.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1485 on: April 28, 2017, 11:19:13 pm »
You dont have to pray to become like Spurs, win nothing for the next 20 years and youre there.

• Kopite
« Reply #1486 on: April 28, 2017, 11:19:55 pm »
You made an FA cup semi final woop de doo.. Liverpool made it to two finals last year. You aren't close to winning shit and "pray we become like Spurs" is one of the most embarrasing things i've read on this forum.

Two strong domestic campaigns coupled with two absolutely dire European showings. Harry Kane or Dele choose to leave and you are just an alright team with a decent manager. Hardly a football fans wetdream are Spurs.

Also you do realise the lack of spending was absolutely why you failed miserably in the European cup? your squad wasn't strong enough or experienced enough to make headway in a group which was really open for anyone to go and win. Instead of signing tried and tested continental standard players, you over pay on deadline day for Moussa Sissoko and sign a donkey in Janssen. Not spending huge amounts of cash and succeeding is brilliant, failing to spend and then getting knocked out of Europa by Gent is two completely different things.

Keep moaning about if one of our star players leave we are just an average team....would that be Kane? Or Eriksen? Or Alli? Or Dembele? Alderweireld? Lloris? Vertonghen? You get my point. We have quality all over the pitch mate. What happens to Liverpool if Lallana, Mane or Countinho leaves? You'd actually really be fucked.

We aren't close to winning shit? Right...but we are a lot closer than Liverpool. We are 4 points behind top spot, with 15 points to play. You sound quite bitter that no matter what Liverpool seem to do, Spurs still finish above you. Get over it.

• Kopite
« Reply #1487 on: April 28, 2017, 11:21:12 pm »
You dont have to pray to become like Spurs, win nothing for the next 20 years and youre there.

Arsenal are a shambles. I'd concentrate on your own teams failings.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1488 on: April 28, 2017, 11:26:59 pm »
Arsenal are a shambles. I'd concentrate on your own teams failings.

Shambles is winning fuck all for 25 years.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1489 on: April 28, 2017, 11:27:10 pm »

Keep moaning about if one of our star players leave we are just an average team....would that be Kane? Or Eriksen? Or Alli? Or Dembele? Alderweireld? Lloris? Vertonghen? You get my point. We have quality all over the pitch mate. What happens to Liverpool if Lallana, Mane or Countinho leaves? You'd actually really be fucked.

We aren't close to winning shit? Right...but we are a lot closer than Liverpool. We are 4 points behind top spot, with 15 points to play. You sound quite bitter that no matter what Liverpool seem to do, Spurs still finish above you. Get over it.
It's not bitter towards Spurs, like North Bank says.. you win f*ck all, no one is jealous or bitter about a team who win nothing. My point was more directed at the Y2J fella who is hoping and praying we become like Spurs..

Vertoghen and Alderweirld are both decent defenders, i'd probably have them both at Liverpool. Not world beaters though and Toby especially is heavily overrated by pundits. Dembele can go from performing like an absolute powerhouse to a passenger in a matter of days, not a big fan of his at all - though he clearly has his good points. Alli and Kane are your two outstanding players and I can't see them both sticking around for their careers.

Do you not agree that your poor summer spending was a significant factor in your abject performances in Europe?
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1490 on: April 28, 2017, 11:37:01 pm »

Until you win one of these, you will be a considered a medium sized club.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1491 on: April 28, 2017, 11:39:40 pm »
Do you not agree that your poor summer spending was a significant factor in your abject performances in Europe?
For me they have the worst squad in Top 7. With Lamela being injured the entire season , Dier is literally the only player in their B team they could trust and use in rotation.

Shitty back-up fullbacks, shitty back-up CBs, shitty back-up forward options. It's no wonder they don't win anything when they have to rely on only 12 players throughout the season. Pocchettino will have to perform significantly better in the market than last summer if they want to have squad good enough to win anything.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1492 on: April 28, 2017, 11:41:20 pm »
For me they have the worst squad in Top 7. With Lamela being injured the entire season , Dier is literally the only player in their B team they could trust and use in rotation.

Shitty back-up fullbacks, shitty back-up CBs, shitty back-up forward options. It's no wonder they don't win anything when they have to rely on only 12 players throughout the season. Pocchettino will have to perform significantly better in the market than last summer if they want to have squad good enough to win anything.
Trippier seems to have done well the last few weeks but you are right in general. Makes the decision to let Bentaleb go out on loan all the more confusing.

• Kopite
« Reply #1493 on: April 29, 2017, 12:02:16 am »
It's not bitter towards Spurs, like North Bank says.. you win f*ck all, no one is jealous or bitter about a team who win nothing. My point was more directed at the Y2J fella who is hoping and praying we become like Spurs..

Vertoghen and Alderweirld are both decent defenders, i'd probably have them both at Liverpool. Not world beaters though and Toby especially is heavily overrated by pundits. Dembele can go from performing like an absolute powerhouse to a passenger in a matter of days, not a big fan of his at all - though he clearly has his good points. Alli and Kane are your two outstanding players and I can't see them both sticking around for their careers.

You are clueless. Alderweireld and Vertonghen are more than decent you lunatic. Alderweireld is the best CB in the league by a country mile. Vertonghen has had a superb season, just have a look at our defensive stats if you need some help.

To say you'd probably have them at Liverpool is quite hilarious. They walk into your side.

Look it's ok, you can keep repeating we win fuck all, but the fact is we are more likely than Liverpool to win something at the present time. Remind me what silverware you are currently going for?

And no, our poor european performances were due to us getting used to playing at Wembley, and having some key injuries at bad times.

• Kopite
« Reply #1494 on: April 29, 2017, 12:04:29 am »

Yeah yeah of course. Our squad is so weak, Our back up fullbacks in Davies and Tripper are so bad, actually no they are the best back up fullbacks in the league. Just like we have the best first choice fullbacks in the league. How any top sides do you know who can swap out players so effortlessly and still win games? I'll tell you, it's just Spurs.  ;)

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1495 on: April 29, 2017, 12:08:25 am »
You are clueless. Alderweireld and Vertonghen are more than decent you lunatic. Alderweireld is the best CB in the league by a country mile. Vertonghen has had a superb season, just have a look at our defensive stats if you need some help.

To say you'd probably have them at Liverpool is quite hilarious. They walk into your side.

Look it's ok, you can keep repeating we win fuck all, but the fact is we are more likely than Liverpool to win something at the present time. Remind me what silverware you are currently going for?

And no, our poor european performances were due to us getting used to playing at Wembley, and having some key injuries at bad times.
Lost to Gent being blamed on a stadium  ;D

Also which is it?

our poor european performances were due to us getting used to playing at Wembley, and having some key injuries at bad times.
How any top sides do you know who can swap out players so effortlessly and still win games? I'll tell you, it's just Spurs.  ;)

« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 12:14:13 am by Chris~ »

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1496 on: April 29, 2017, 12:25:53 am »
So Everton are already as good as Spurs?  ;)
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1497 on: April 29, 2017, 01:03:49 am »
So Everton are already as good as Spurs?  ;)
Everton have actually won some stuff.

Spurs best manager was Keith Burkinshaw but Spurs fans never mention him. I have no idea what he did, but it must have been very bad.

Among Spurs' other alumni managers, George 'Bag-for-Life' Graham, David Pleat aka The Commentator, Terry 'I'm not Harry' Venables, Christian Gross, Villas-Boas 'The Schoolboy', Harry 'Rosie, Queen of Corona' Redknapp, and had Alan 'I've sold shoddy shit all me life and wrangled a peerage out of it' Sugar.

That is what Spurs have been for many many decades, and a few good seasons funded by Joe Lewis doesn't alter that. One good manager in 20 odd years and they think they're pulling Excalibur free. They're not. They're just Spurs on a roll. But when you're rolling, you're gonna go downhill.

Still they better beat Utd though, so I suppose they better beat Arsenal too, and it would be funny if they won the league, especially if Arsenal won the Cup.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1498 on: April 29, 2017, 01:44:34 am »
This team is only 2 - 3 years in it's development
Spurs have been slowly building this for over a decade.

It's taken over a decade to get a team that is only 2-3 years in its development?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1499 on: April 29, 2017, 02:15:24 am »

What trophies are you going for? remind me again? When was the last time you got to a cup final at least?

so you've been building a side for a decade that is in 2/3 years of its development?

Fucking wow.

Are you sure you don't support Everton? You fit all the characteristics of a bitter.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #1500 on: April 29, 2017, 03:25:18 am »

6th place team in the Belgian league and you're blaming it on the stadium? Christ, now I've heard everything.

Key injuries? I thought only Spurs could swap out players so effortlessly and still win games? Besides, you had Anderweireld, Kane, Eriksen, Vertonghen, Dembele and Alli all starting the Gent match. Of course, Alli didn't do the team any favours by getting the red card before a half was over. Perhaps that might have had something to do with it.

And be careful claiming a higher league position than Liverpool while not winning anything- Everton fans will fight you to the death for a "Finish above the Red Shite" trophy.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1501 on: April 29, 2017, 05:01:42 am »
And Primativ is exactly the reason why I've been saying fuck Spurs and Chelsea for the title all the way. The little shits have had 2-3 good seasons now - and still won fuck all - and suddenly they think they're the Brazil of 1970. At least Chelsea have been winning trophies regularly for the better part of a decade now. I'm immune to it. Imagine if Tottenham won the title. No, just no. Hope Arsenal smash them to bits and get a draw on Sunday.  ;D

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1502 on: April 29, 2017, 08:48:09 am »

You've still won fuck all; for a long long time too. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1503 on: April 29, 2017, 08:58:48 am »
And Primativ is exactly the reason why I've been saying fuck Spurs and Chelsea for the title all the way. The little shits have had 2-3 good seasons now - and still won fuck all - and suddenly they think they're the Brazil of 1970.

I wouldn't say Primativ is remotely representative of Spurs fans to be honest. All the Spurs fans I know are pretty self deprecating ;D 

I'd be willing to bet Primativ and Glastonspur over on Redcafe have never been seen in the same place at the same time mind...

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1504 on: April 29, 2017, 09:56:39 am »

I have more chance of running for Primeminister than my cat too.

Lack of spending isn't why you failed in Europe but having a wafer thin squad and suffering injuries is why? DERP

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1505 on: April 29, 2017, 10:03:51 am »
Another Saturday of utterly wank Premier League games, great.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1506 on: April 29, 2017, 10:11:47 am »
All the cockernees arguing with each other on here :lmao
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #1507 on: April 29, 2017, 10:30:48 am »

Yep, sunday is super important to us, today is just so fucking dire

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1508 on: April 29, 2017, 10:38:01 am »

It's astonishing how such a poor set of fixtures could come about.

This is the fault of the broadcasters making Mega-weekend bull.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1509 on: April 29, 2017, 10:38:17 am »
Utterly tedious argument both sides have won fuck all in the last decade, let someone actually win something because frankly its another trophyless season for us and Spurs at the end of the day. Nothing to boast about on either end.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1510 on: April 29, 2017, 10:46:18 am »
It's astonishing how such a poor set of fixtures could come about.

This is the fault of the broadcasters making Mega-weekend bull.

Totally agree, let's take all the big boys out and put them on one day, then we wonder why the other day is so underwheming. It is just crazy.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1511 on: April 29, 2017, 10:46:56 am »
I wouldn't say Primativ is remotely representative of Spurs fans to be honest. All the Spurs fans I know are pretty self deprecating ;D 

I'd be willing to bet Primativ and Glastonspur over on Redcafe have never been seen in the same place at the same time mind...

You need to have a word with him Tommy. Tell him to act like a proper Spurs fan. ;D

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1512 on: April 29, 2017, 11:30:25 am »
As Yoda said do or do not, there is no try. Pretty much the same with Everton and Newcastle. Two clubs who have embarrassing records for not winning anything for so long.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1513 on: April 29, 2017, 12:41:36 pm »
Middlesbrough v Man City was supposed to be 3pm today... but moved only a few weeks ago to Sunday so the broadcasters could schedule the Manchester Derby on the Thursday ::)

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1514 on: April 29, 2017, 04:33:03 pm »

I wouldn't mind you winning it if more Spurs fans were like yourself.  ;D

But Primativ and that chap at Anfield in 2014 when we beat you 4-0 and was caught on camera saying "They'll win fuck all" are partially why I'm still sticking with Chelsea for the league. Sorry mate.  :)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1515 on: April 29, 2017, 04:35:45 pm »
Middlesbrough v Man City was supposed to be 3pm today... but moved only a few weeks ago to Sunday so the broadcasters could schedule the Manchester Derby on the Thursday ::)

You do know they have limited space for matches to be played, right?