Author Topic: FT: WBA 0 - Liverpool 1 (Firmino 45+1')  (Read 41081 times)

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FT: WBA 0 - Liverpool 1 (Firmino 45+1')
« Reply #480 on: April 16, 2017, 05:47:21 pm »
Was Dawson the one who was dragging him back by his shirt? If that's the case it's even more ludicrous.

He forgot to grab his shirt and then fall over. They got a couple of freekicks for that for some reason.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #481 on: April 16, 2017, 05:51:51 pm »
Great WIN today. Milner - correct choice and bad execution. Moreno - wrong choice and poor execution. That is the difference

Someone needs to explain to me what's wrong with him shooting there? If it had gone in I guarantee not one person would be posting 'can't believe he shot there with an open goal in front of him the jammy twat'

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: April 16, 2017, 05:53:25 pm »
Someone needs to explain to me what's wrong with him shooting there? If it had gone in I guarantee not one person would be posting 'can't believe he shot there with an open goal in front of him the jammy twat'

He had options left and right that could have got the ball closer to the goal before shooting, thus increasing the likelihood of getting the bloody thing on target...
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #483 on: April 16, 2017, 05:54:33 pm »
I think we need to do some training on scoring when the oppo GK is up the pitch too, not the first one we've fucked up *cough Benteke*
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: April 16, 2017, 05:54:40 pm »

Like Gerrard at Kenilworth Road.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #485 on: April 16, 2017, 05:55:07 pm »
He had options left and right that could have got the ball closer to the goal before shooting, thus increasing the likelihood of getting the bloody thing on target...

But as it happens it doesn't matter, so its not important.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: April 16, 2017, 05:57:04 pm »

Sure. He could have lost the ball if he'd delayed. His shot could have gone in. Lots of things could have happened. He shot at an open goal ... it's a totally fine decision. Him passing so someone else has an open goal or getting a bit closer with an open goal is also fine. People are pissed because he missed.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: April 16, 2017, 05:59:11 pm »
This gets better he is having a go at Foster for staying up front, really isn't a happy bunny.  ;D

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #488 on: April 16, 2017, 05:59:27 pm »
Well the best defender in the premiership is ineligible for them, so...

This is true. He is ineligible.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #489 on: April 16, 2017, 06:00:57 pm »
Yeeeessss! 3 points is all that matters at this stage.

Pissing off Pulis is a bonus.

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #490 on: April 16, 2017, 06:01:48 pm »

I tend to agree with you.  The spacing wasn't setup in a way that made passing super easy.  If it was super easy to make a layoff then sure, he has to pass, but that wasn't the case.

Shooting and missing is a far better result then misplacing the pass and turning it over in midfield when you have 3-4 people bombing forward in pursuit of the ball.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: April 16, 2017, 06:04:08 pm »
Got to ask, what the fuck was the ref thinking giving Evans a freekick for about 4 seperate fouls on Origi? Should have seen red as he had just been booked then blatantly fouled Origi numerous times to prevent a break

Seems a bit harsh to complain about the ref when we won but I do agree. Origi did really well to get away from Evans - and it was Origi who was being fouled anyway - and the ref gives a free kick to West Brom. There was an instance in the first when Lucas won the ball on the halfway line and the ref again gave the wrong decision. Don't know what it is but the standard of officiating this season seems a lot worse than usual - just ourselves have had numerous bad calls this season which have affected the game adversely and I would have hoped to at least get some decisions go for us in recompense but it's difficult to recall many, or any, where that's happened.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: April 16, 2017, 06:07:00 pm »
I think these [unexpected] six points, Stoke and WBA, are turning to be much more valuable especially given how thin our squad is and the injuries to Mané, Lallana and Henderson.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: April 16, 2017, 06:08:41 pm »
I tend to agree with you.  The spacing wasn't setup in a way that made passing super easy.  If it was super easy to make a layoff then sure, he has to pass, but that wasn't the case.

Shooting and missing is a far better result then misplacing the pass and turning it over in midfield when you have 3-4 people bombing forward in pursuit of the ball.

Aye if he tried to pass but fucked the pass up, he'd have been berated for not shooting. He should've scored. But didn't. Liverpool won the game.
Lallana should've scored v Man City but didn't. Liverpool didn't win the game. People won't berate him for long, but they will Moreno no doubt.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: April 16, 2017, 06:10:07 pm »
Seems a bit harsh to complain about the ref when we won but I do agree. Origi did really well to get away from Evans - and it was Origi who was being fouled anyway - and the ref gives a free kick to West Brom. There was an instance in the first when Lucas won the ball on the halfway line and the ref again gave the wrong decision. Don't know what it is but the standard of officiating this season seems a lot worse than usual - just ourselves have had numerous bad calls this season which have affected the game adversely and I would have hoped to at least get some decisions go for us in recompense but it's difficult to recall many, or any, where that's happened.

He also failed to book Dawson for a deliberate hand ball in the first half. Are they only bookings in certain parts of the pitch and certain times of the match?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: April 16, 2017, 06:10:20 pm »
Happy Easter and God bless you too mate!

UP THE REDS!!! :scarf :scarf :scarf

Cheers my friend

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: April 16, 2017, 06:10:28 pm »
I think these [unexpected] six points, Stoke and WBA, are turning to be much more valuable especially given how thin our squad is and the injuries to Mané, Lallana and Henderson.

I was forgetting that Lallana and Hendo on their way back too, days got better still.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: April 16, 2017, 06:11:06 pm »
Aye if he tried to pass but fucked the pass up, he'd have been berated for not shooting. He should've scored. But didn't. Liverpool won the game.
Lallana should've scored v Man City but didn't. Liverpool didn't win the game. People won't berate him for long, but they will Moreno no doubt.

Its a case of berating the man not the miss in this case.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: April 16, 2017, 06:11:29 pm »
He also failed to book Dawson for a deliberate hand ball in the first half. Are they only bookings in certain parts of the pitch and certain times of the match?
I think it's just incompetent officiating. The two matches I watched today, both referees looked awful, almost seemingly swayed by the home support.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: April 16, 2017, 06:12:53 pm »

Yeah that's the whole point - we live in a results based world!
There was far more brain dead shit in the last few minutes, Can lifting it through to their keeper instead of keeping the ball, Bobby trying a cruyff turn outside our box etc etc 

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: April 16, 2017, 06:16:43 pm »
If it was Coutinho, would everyone be ripping into him? Not a chance. Just behind the fucking players. Fucking ridiculous.

Firmino was brilliant, as was Lucas. Gini had one of his poorer games for us, but I guess he's entitled to it. Clyne really needs to add some arrows to his quiver. Offers very little going forward. People often say fullbacks are failed wingers, don't see any of that in Clyne. Timid.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #501 on: April 16, 2017, 06:22:56 pm »
Get in - a hard fought win and Pulis looked gutted, hahaha.  :wave

Moreno though ...  :butt
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: April 16, 2017, 06:24:28 pm »
And then missed an open goal which allowed them to put us under pressure again. How could anyone really defend that? A professional footballer on his preferred foot missing an open goal? Time to take the blinkers off.

Apologies for singling out your post but I have to laugh at all these anti Moreno posts out there. So he missed- didn't cost us and you have all these arm chair critics thinking they could have done better. He was at full pace, hit it on target and due to the 40 yards veered right. Moreover - he earned the right to shoot. It was an open goal.
Give it a break. Milner's miss more glaring. Professional footballers, yes- professional footballers have missed open goals from 2 yards. Bedwetters had to panic for a further 2 mins. After a great 3 points this is all that a big number of fans dwell on. Moreno is on his way. Clearly not good enough but always gives his all. Seemed to be positive in character as well.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: April 16, 2017, 06:25:59 pm »
Idiotic to have a go at Moreno.
Great to get the three points. Difficult and boring match, but oh so important to win it.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #504 on: April 16, 2017, 06:26:44 pm »
This gets better he is having a go at Foster for staying up front, really isn't a happy bunny.  ;D

Who this, Pullis?
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: April 16, 2017, 06:27:19 pm »
If it was Coutinho, would everyone be ripping into him? Not a chance. Just behind the fucking players. Fucking ridiculous.

Firmino was brilliant, as was Lucas. Gini had one of his poorer games for us, but I guess he's entitled to it. Clyne really needs to add some arrows to his quiver. Offers very little going forward. People often say fullbacks are failed wingers, don't see any of that in Clyne. Timid.

Agree with this. wish Clyne would be more positive going forward and look to take his man on.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #506 on: April 16, 2017, 06:28:09 pm »
Apologies for singling out your post but I have to laugh at all these anti Moreno posts out there. So he missed- didn't cost us and you have all these arm chair critics thinking they could have done better. He was at full pace, hit it on target and due to the 40 yards veered right. Moreover - he earned the right to shoot. It was an open goal.
Give it a break. Milner's miss more glaring. Professional footballers, yes- professional footballers have missed open goals from 2 yards. Bedwetters had to panic for a further 2 mins. After a great 3 points this is all that a big number of fans dwell on. Moreno is on his way. Clearly not good enough but always gives his all. Seemed to be positive in character as well.

Is he an actor? Ahhh, he acts that he is a footballer. It all makes sense now ;D
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: April 16, 2017, 06:34:48 pm »
Great WIN today. Milner - correct choice and bad execution. Moreno - wrong choice and poor execution. That is the difference

Wrong choice??? Shooting at an open goal. 😂 Poor execution yes. Give your head a wobble or give up watching the game.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: April 16, 2017, 06:37:15 pm »
Who this, Pullis?

Who else has thrown his dummy out well and truly. First Bobby blocked Dawson for the goal should never had been allowed. Then having a go at players "playing where they want too!" So funny.  ;D

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: April 16, 2017, 06:40:12 pm »
He's a professional footballer, all he had to do was kick a ball from 30 yds into a 16ft by 8 foot goal. How hard can that be?
So I take it that you have never missed from there.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: April 16, 2017, 06:45:13 pm »
Despite not losing to a top 6 team this season.. despite doing the double over Everton, Arsenal.. THIS win against the Baggies is the most satisfying of the season for me..

I'm mean how often do you beat shithouse Pulis at his own game.. Scoring a SET PIECE winner after a flick on at the near post with someone heading in at the far post from 3 yards out.. That Prick Pulis has made a top flight career out of it.. And to beat his shithouse team with that goal has put a big smile on my face..

Oh and Lucas was huge.. will be sad to see him goa in the summer.. don't mind a bit part role for him with a one year extension..

Onto the next..
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 06:46:45 pm by 88_RED »
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #511 on: April 16, 2017, 06:48:43 pm »
Big win for us today. The 1st time we've won at a Pulis side in the league and a clean sheet. For the second time in a week Mignolet made a massive save to see us take all 3 points.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: April 16, 2017, 06:50:26 pm »
Despite not losing to a top 6 team this season.. despite doing the double over Everton, Arsenal.. THIS win against the Baggies is the most satisfying of the season for me..

I'm mean how often do you beat shithouse Pulis at his own game.. Scoring a SET PIECE winner after a flick on at the near post with someone heading in at the far post from 3 yards out.. That Prick Pulis has made a top flight career out of it.. And to beat his shithouse team with that goal has put a big smile on my face..

Oh and Lucas was huge.. will be sad to see him goa in the summer.. don't mind a bit part role for him with a one year extension..

Onto the next..

The best thing was we won this game by playing our football, we didn't allow them to dictate to us. We bullied them, Mr Pulis has a right nark on.  :wellin

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #513 on: April 16, 2017, 06:51:04 pm »
In some ways these games are easier away.

Grinding it out causes anxiety in the home crowd...  we just need to support at home, nonsoghs no groans.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: April 16, 2017, 06:53:53 pm »
So I take it that you have never missed from there.

I'm not a professional footballer he is. And yes, I do think I could kick a ball in a straight line at an open goal.

Jurgen YNWA

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: April 16, 2017, 07:06:51 pm »
I'm not a professional footballer he is. And yes, I do think I could kick a ball in a straight line at an open goal.

Didn't ask what you thought. Asked whether you hadn't  missed from there. Do yourself a favor and give it go. Have 10 attempts and go full tilt and shoot from the circle and let me know if you score full marks.
The kid has minimum amount of time and no doubt on his way out of the club and after a massive win- you come on here to have a dig thinking you would have scored.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #516 on: April 16, 2017, 07:08:18 pm »
I feel lonely being over the moon with a win  ;D

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #517 on: April 16, 2017, 07:11:02 pm »
Looking back at that, it turns out we can indeed defend. There's absolutely no bigger test for a defense than a Pulis team away from home who have scored the most goals from set pieces this season. We defended every corner, free kick and throw in brilliantly and didn't give them a sniff. I don't' think they fashioned one chance off a set piece.

Yes, there were those two Phillips chances where he got in behind and especially the second one where Mignolet saved our bacon yet again, but you'd expect any side to create one or two opportunities from open play. We shut them down at their own game. Whatever Klopp made them do during the week regarding the defending of set pieces we need to keep working on. That was as resilient at the back as we've been in recent times.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: April 16, 2017, 07:13:00 pm »
I feel lonely being over the moon with a win  ;D

Can I join the party?  ;D

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: April 16, 2017, 07:15:08 pm »
Pulis admitted a goalkeeper heading up for a last-gasp corner wasn't something he'd normally advocate.

“I’ve just had a chat with him. I don’t like goalkeepers going up for corners personally, but I’ve never said it to Ben, so he doesn’t know. He does now'

What a dour fucker.