Author Topic: Liverpool vs Arsenal March 4th 2017. KO 5.30  (Read 40496 times)

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
Re: Liverpool vs Arsenal March 4th 2017. KO 5.30
« Reply #160 on: March 2, 2017, 10:53:30 pm »
Wouldn't mind seeing Albie tried as a winger in a 4231.

Don't want him at left back, Arsenal would target him.

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #161 on: March 2, 2017, 11:30:48 pm »
Arsenal are the worst team in the mini league. Therefore, we will have the hardest time against them. That's Liverpool FC.

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #162 on: March 3, 2017, 12:12:29 am »
Got banned for suggesting we'd struggle against Leicester, so i'll sort of do a split post. One RAWK Post. Then mine.

1. We'll win 5-0. Lets smash these der shit.

2. My actual opinion. I think it'll be a great game. +4 goals. No idea what way though. Our ultimate league position will not be dictated by the score of this game. By this, I mean when we look back on the season, this won't be the game we fucked the league, or top 4 up in. This is a free game for us. Against the top teams we're sound. Box ticked.

The issue the team have, is sort of the issue Leicester had on Monday night. No win.

Lets say we beat Arsenal 4-0. "where was this Monday". We get beat. Liverpool are a fucking disgrace.

Honestly, I'm past caring. I'm like Red in Shawshank. Worn out.

If you told me right now we beat Arsenal 5-0. I'd believe it. But you could then tell me we get beat 0-2 at home against Burnley next time out, and I wouldn't be 1% shocked. So it's sort of hard to enjoy it. You can't invest emotion in something so ridicuous, it's not worth it. I remember when Jurgen first got here, he said don't get too happy when we win, and don't get too down when we get beat. Did he expect this? Because I've gone from doubter, to believer, to a not fucking giving a shit'er. I will enjoy the drive though. I like the 200 mile round trip. Gives me time to reflect.

As you were.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: March 3, 2017, 12:17:22 am »

Moreno as a winger (which i believe is where he started his career) is an option i've championed for a long time now. Short term stop gap option anyways to give us some pace.

Bar Mane, he's the only one in our team with pace.

If he comes in as a standard full back, then we are going to have to play a left sided midfielder to protect him. Coutinho isn't the sort of protection that inspires confidence.
« Last Edit: March 3, 2017, 12:18:53 am by AaronSingh25 »

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #164 on: March 3, 2017, 12:22:11 am »
We'll probably win because Arsenal are good. Won't matter much because we will eventually turn around and lose to some shite team away just to  ake up for it.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #165 on: March 3, 2017, 04:20:43 am »
Got banned for suggesting we'd struggle against Leicester ...

Standard. We've all been unexpectedly ousted for controversial reasons at some point of our rawk membership. It improves the quality of posts, though.

Regarding the rest of the post, i do share most of your sentiments towards the status quo. What makes it all worse is that we're not even guaranteed a win against Arsenal. Imagine losing this game and having no solution to low-block defences for when Burnley show up? On the other side, i'd rather imagine a win against Arsenal inspiring the players to go on a winning run, but it's better to ignore these thoughts to spare myself the disappointment.
The change is cast

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #166 on: March 3, 2017, 07:07:27 am »
Come on Redmen!!
These have less bottle than us, so let's press the fuck out of them.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: March 3, 2017, 07:32:40 am »
Battle of the bottlers.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: March 3, 2017, 07:35:26 am »
Battle of the bottlers.

:lmao sad but kind of true.

I have faith that Arsenal are even bigger bottlers though ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: March 3, 2017, 07:37:32 am »
Got banned for suggesting we'd struggle against Leicester, so i'll sort of do a split post. One RAWK Post. Then mine.

2. My actual opinion. I think it'll be a great game. +4 goals. No idea what way though. Our ultimate league position will not be dictated by the score of this game. By this, I mean when we look back on the season, this won't be the game we fucked the league, or top 4 up in. This is a free game for us. Against the top teams we're sound. Box ticked.

The issue the team have, is sort of the issue Leicester had on Monday night. No win.

Lets say we beat Arsenal 4-0. "where was this Monday". We get beat. Liverpool are a fucking disgrace.

If you told me right now we beat Arsenal 5-0. I'd believe it. But you could then tell me we get beat 0-2 at home against Burnley next time out, and I wouldn't be 1% shocked. So it's sort of hard to enjoy it. You can't invest emotion in something so ridicuous, it's not worth it. I remember when Jurgen first got here, he said don't get too happy when we win, and don't get too down when we get beat. Did he expect this? Because I've gone from doubter, to believer, to a not fucking giving a shit'er. I will enjoy the drive though. I like the 200 mile round trip. Gives me time to reflect.

As you were.
Sort of where i am. My weekly ban was for arguing in the summer that we wouldnt get top 4 again because all our rivals had spent some money and we had not. I was predicting 7th or 8th a so apparently i was a whiney bed wetter. I rarely post on here now. Hope Dr Jekyl Liverpool turn up tomorrow and not Mr Hyde Liverpool.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #170 on: March 3, 2017, 07:56:15 am »
Sort of where i am. My weekly ban was for arguing in the summer that we wouldnt get top 4 again because all our rivals had spent some money and we had not. I was predicting 7th or 8th a so apparently i was a whiney bed wetter. I rarely post on here now. Hope Dr Jekyl Liverpool turn up tomorrow and not Mr Hyde Liverpool.

Is it? I thought you were at 'this place is like North Korea, you don't need to ban me cos I won't post here again anyway'?

2. My actual opinion.......

I would imagine you probably got suspended because you're incessantly negative, constantly whinge about how terrible the forum is despite continuing to post, and generally seeming to take a certain level of joy in your negative predictions coming right (including betting against your own team....)

Honestly lads, it really isn't rocket science. You get warnings, or mutings, or bans for doing something against the forum rules. Its pretty clear. I've had fucking loads, I got a week long one twice for a sarcastic #KloppOut post, I got one for taking the piss in the feedback forum with Craig. I mean its pretty obvious isn't it, if you find the place that bad then why are you bothering to post? There's loads of forums, seriously. Constantly posting about how you're hard done by, and RAWK is terrible, and you're going to tailor your posts because RAWK doesn't allow you a genuine opinion is surely just making it more likely you will be banned again in the future?

We'll smash these by the way, its what we do.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #171 on: March 3, 2017, 08:15:42 am »
I've gone from doubter, to believer, to a not fucking giving a shit'er.

;D

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: March 3, 2017, 08:20:35 am »
Sorry Lobo but your post is a fabrication. I got no warnings whatsoever. I broke no rules at all. I argued that we would not finish top 4and was ridiculed for it. I pointed out that I was desperate to be wrong because I am desperate for LFC to be successful. I Love Klopp and I don't particularly like FSG though I do not despise them like I despised the two cancers who preceded them. As for the North Korea thing I was fuming that night and I have very rarely posted since. Maybe 5 posts in as many weeks as opposed to about that many each day.. 

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #173 on: March 3, 2017, 08:24:20 am »
Is it? I thought you were at 'this place is like North Korea, you don't need to ban me cos I won't post here again anyway'?

I would imagine you probably got suspended because you're incessantly negative, constantly whinge about how terrible the forum is despite continuing to post, and generally seeming to take a certain level of joy in your negative predictions coming right (including betting against your own team....)

Honestly lads, it really isn't rocket science. You get warnings, or mutings, or bans for doing something against the forum rules. Its pretty clear. I've had fucking loads, I got a week long one twice for a sarcastic #KloppOut post, I got one for taking the piss in the feedback forum with Craig. I mean its pretty obvious isn't it, if you find the place that bad then why are you bothering to post? There's loads of forums, seriously. Constantly posting about how you're hard done by, and RAWK is terrible, and you're going to tailor your posts because RAWK doesn't allow you a genuine opinion is surely just making it more likely you will be banned again in the future?

We'll smash these by the way, its what we do.

Takes all-sorts to make a forum....personally I find 307's grim footy-fan existentialism a lot more enjoyable/readable than the platitudinous 'we are Liverpool'.. 'upwards and onwards' type contributions
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
« Reply #174 on: March 3, 2017, 08:51:09 am »
My prediction is that this will be a tight win for Liverpool.  Although we'll dominate early on and go 1 or 2-nil up, the gooners will get one back and the volume gets turned down as the team semi-panic but will still have enough to win the game.  And then everyone gets all excited and predicts a top-four finish only for that hope to be sha...........  Ad infinitum. 
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: March 3, 2017, 09:16:32 am »
Barring the 5-1, the gunners have a good recent record at Anfield, so I'm expecting a tight game that both teams could easily win. But, I'm going to try and be positive and say we'll win 2-1.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Chief Brody

• Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #176 on: March 3, 2017, 09:20:50 am »
Moreno as a winger (which i believe is where he started his career) is an option i've championed for a long time now. Short term stop gap option anyways to give us some pace.

Bar Mane, he's the only one in our team with pace.

Can't do any harm at this point can it.

He's quick as you say but he's also left footed and we're crying out for some width.
Ironically it's become like watching Arsenal with everything getting funnelled inside,
trying to play little triangles through the middle of a packed defence.

He's only 24, try converting him rather than selling him.

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #177 on: March 3, 2017, 09:26:46 am »
Since Klopp took over we played 18 games in the league against the Top 7 teams and won 35 points. Nobody else in this group comes even close to that. That is an incredible consistency against the top teams while Arsenal on the other hand are one of the worst performers in this mini league over the same number of games.

They only may avoid battering if they drop Ozil and go with 3 CMs but since they're unlikely to do that mark my words we will annihilate them.

*Sigh*

I wish had your optimism. It never works that way. We dont have that team. Sanchez will run rings around our defense and ozil will torment Can i'm afraid. It will be attack vs attack.

Hope we come out on Top. Season which promised so much is slipping out of our hands in march .

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: March 3, 2017, 09:28:23 am »

I'm presuming the front four would look like this :

Firmino

Moreno                          Coutinho                      Mane

Who would the midfield duo be? Hendo and?...

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: March 3, 2017, 09:30:54 am »
Since Klopp took over we played 18 games in the league against the Top 7 teams and won 35 points. Nobody else in this group comes even close to that. That is an incredible consistency against the top teams while Arsenal on the other hand are one of the worst performers in this mini league over the same number of games.

They only may avoid battering if they drop Ozil and go with 3 CMs but since they're unlikely to do that mark my words we will annihilate them.

That's record is great, on the other hand, other than the 5-1 game, Arsenal have a good record at Anfield.  They always seem to score a couple of goals and with the midfield we'll likely field tomorrow, I'm afraid they'll do the same.  However we're more than capable of scoring a few ourselves, so I think it'll be high scoring.
Firmino needs dropping, but he done well in last year's fixture, an open games suits him, so I'd personally play the same front 3.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: March 3, 2017, 09:34:25 am »
*Sigh*

I wish had your optimism. It never works that way. We dont have that team. Sanchez will run rings around our defense and ozil will torment Can i'm afraid. It will be attack vs attack.

I'm not sure Can will play. I think Hendo will be back for this.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: March 3, 2017, 09:37:40 am »
Can't do any harm at this point can it.

He's quick as you say but he's also left footed and we're crying out for some width.
Ironically it's become like watching Arsenal with everything getting funnelled inside,
trying to play little triangles through the middle of a packed defence.

He's only 24, try converting him rather than selling him.

So you'd drop Lallana?  I think it's worth a try but in a game like this I'd rather trust Lallana to come back and put in a good performance.  It's not these games we need to worry about from an offensive point of view, we'll have plenty of space.
Don't think we need to be making the drastic changes that some are suggesting.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: March 3, 2017, 09:40:38 am »
So you'd drop Lallana?  I think it's worth a try but in a game like this I'd rather trust Lallana to come back and put in a good performance.  It's not these games we need to worry about from an offensive point of view, we'll have plenty of space.

I think it would be particularly dangerous to switch from a 3 man midfield to a 2 man midfield against Arsenal as well. I don't think we'd be able to cope with them, given the personnel we have. I think they'd swarm us and our already weak defence would crumble.

Offline Chief Brody

• Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #183 on: March 3, 2017, 09:46:46 am »

Not necessarily, maybe try him in a two with Gini more of the sitter.

Dont think a bit of time on the bench would hurt any of them though.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #184 on: March 3, 2017, 09:51:38 am »
Thoughts on Milner in for Can and Gomes LB ?

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: March 3, 2017, 09:52:48 am »

Lallana in a midfield two with Gini as a sitter against Arsenal? Really? They'd be running through our midfield like a hot knife through butter mate.

Offline Chief Brody

• Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #186 on: March 3, 2017, 09:53:36 am »
Thoughts on Milner in for Can and Gomes LB ?

Wouldn't mind it. As long as someone doubles up on Walcott or whoever is on their right.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: March 3, 2017, 09:53:36 am »

Yeah, don't think any of them could moan about being benched, arsenal would have a field day getting at our back 4 though, without henderson I suspect they will anyway, which is why I'm not as confident of a victory as some.  We need our forwards to find form as we'll have to outscore them

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #188 on: March 3, 2017, 09:56:52 am »

Firmino

be Can and Wijnaldum as hendo probably wont play

Barring the 5-1, the gunners have a good recent record at Anfield, so I'm expecting a tight game that both teams could easily win. But, I'm going to try and be positive and say we'll win 2-1.
true. only one defeat since 2007 in the league. whats annoying is games we batter them and they equalize out of nothing. happened loads down the years.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Chief Brody

• Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #189 on: March 3, 2017, 09:57:29 am »
Lallana in a midfield two with Gini as a sitter against Arsenal? Really? They'd be running through our midfield like a hot knife through butter mate.

I liked his 4231 at Dortmund, he's paired destroyers with more creative players there before.
Lallanas got legs, gini can break things up. Dunno. You might be right but we haven't really looked solid as 433, certainly not without Jordan.

Offline Chief Brody

• Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #190 on: March 3, 2017, 09:58:54 am »

Firmino

Yeah basically, ideally a proper sitting midfielder but Gini at the moment.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: March 3, 2017, 10:00:42 am »
I liked his 4231 at Dortmund, he's paired destroyers with more creative players there before.
Lallanas got legs, gini can break things up. Dunno. You might be right but we haven't really looked solid as 433, certainly not without Jordan.

We don't really have the players he had at Dortmund mate. I think we'd get cut to shreds playing that formation with those players. Probably will anyway if Hendo isn't playing, but there will be less chance playing a three instead of a two imo. Basically, I don't think Arsenal are the team we should be experimenting with a different formation.

Offline Chief Brody

• Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #192 on: March 3, 2017, 10:02:19 am »
You're probably right.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: March 3, 2017, 10:02:51 am »
Yeah basically, ideally a proper sitting midfielder but Gini at the moment.

Like I've said, I just don't think we have the personnel to make that work at the moment. One for the future though perhaps...

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: March 3, 2017, 10:05:34 am »
true. only one defeat since 2007 in the league. whats annoying is games we batter them and they equalize out of nothing. happened loads down the years.

I know the bastards. That Van Persie last minute winner still grates the shit out of me. How the hell we didn't hammer them that day I don't know. What was even more sickening, was the team completely giving up on the season after that game and ultimately costing King Kenny his job.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: March 3, 2017, 10:08:18 am »
You're probably right.

Let's just hope we somehow manage to win this game and then manage to eek out something resembling consistency from now until the end of the season mate.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #196 on: March 3, 2017, 10:11:52 am »
I know the bastards. That Van Persie last minute winner still grates the shit out of me. How the hell we didn't hammer them that day I don't know. What was even more sickening, was the team completely giving up on the season after that game and ultimately costing King Kenny his job.
i remember that game like yesterday

we absolutely pulverised them all game. Seriously if we scored 7 that day it wouldnt have flattered us. Van Persie scored deep in injury time, there was a long injury to someone (ramsey or flamini?) and arsenal shit themselves when that was put up. We missed a penalty (Kuyt dithered for about an hour over the rebound infront of an empty net) hit the post twice and missed loads of other chances. summed up that season. That was 5 years ago today, discovered that through my facebook "on this day" app where i had a bit of a rant about it.

No way they should have won that game.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Jay012345

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • How many topics?
« Reply #197 on: March 3, 2017, 10:24:35 am »
3-5-2
Mix it up
Clyne and Moreno was wingbacks
Play a proper striker to occupy their defence

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #198 on: March 3, 2017, 10:27:42 am »
3-5-2
Mix it up
Clyne and Moreno was wingbacks
Play a proper striker to occupy their defence

We haven't had problems with the system against the better teams so no need to switch for this. Against Burnley next week? Sure.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: March 3, 2017, 10:32:38 am »
For this one i think we should bring Moreno in and switch Milner to midfield. Thats probably the only change to make bar Lovren for Lucas. I am not a fan of Moreno at all but I dont really want to see Can in midfield.