Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 229717 times)

Offline qBlaz3

• Anny Roader
  • annie road aggro
Re: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #1600 on: January 4, 2020, 09:39:32 pm »
Most places won’t display those details, as the tickets are only sourced if they sell

The club could quite easily buy up the tickets and get the majority of touts gone for good

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1601 on: January 4, 2020, 10:50:42 pm »
The club could quite easily buy up the tickets and get the majority of touts gone for good

True

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #1602 on: January 5, 2020, 01:03:38 pm »
Bumped into a French lad in Anny Road Thursday who used to live with a mate of mine in a shared house.. told me him and his 4 mates from France paid £1k in total for their 5 tickets..
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #1603 on: January 6, 2020, 12:21:52 pm »
Been seeing comments on facebook from a few mates asking if Adam Krovak is genuine. I messaged him asking if he had any tickets for the Sheff Utd game he replied back No then I got a message early hours in the morning saying pair £280.

Will be reported.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1604 on: January 6, 2020, 01:00:56 pm »
Been seeing comments on facebook from a few mates asking if Adam Krovak is genuine. I messaged him asking if he had any tickets for the Sheff Utd game he replied back No then I got a message early hours in the morning saying pair £280.

Will be reported.

He has loads for sale every game.

Saw someone turned away from the Kop yesterday with a paper ticket and he went to police nearby and pointed out a guy (whom I assumed sold it him).  Not sure why anyone risks buying off those outside the ground.

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #1605 on: January 6, 2020, 01:12:18 pm »

Saw someone turned away from the Kop yesterday with a paper ticket and he went to police nearby and pointed out a guy (whom I assumed sold it him).  Not sure why anyone risks buying off those outside the ground.

The balls on the guy selling outside to hand over a fake ticket and still be there in plain sight when the victim returns.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1606 on: January 6, 2020, 01:19:24 pm »
Bet the Police didn't do anything! You hear touts quite often saying "Any spares? Buy or sell" etc right outside and never seen the Police do anything.
We are a team of one half.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #1607 on: January 6, 2020, 01:28:17 pm »

I could imagine paying £140 for a ticket. when I go to games I stay down in Liverpool and sometimes drive or take the train to much to do in one day drive down and back.

normally come down with my dad 

£140 ticket
£40 petrol one way
£50 hotel

so £230 each before we buy a drink or food. so probs around £300 for a game v Sheffield United. 

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1608 on: January 6, 2020, 01:39:53 pm »
Bet the Police didn't do anything! You hear touts quite often saying "Any spares? Buy or sell" etc right outside and never seen the Police do anything.

They did speak to the guy who was talking to two Asian men at the time.  They did search him too, but assume they don't have tickets on them.

Lost track of what happened after that.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #1609 on: January 6, 2020, 01:50:22 pm »
They did speak to the guy who was talking to two Asian men at the time.  They did search him too, but assume they don't have tickets on them.

Lost track of what happened after that.

That's terrible.

Offline exCite

• Anny Roader
  • Form Is Temporary, Class Is Permanent.
« Reply #1610 on: January 6, 2020, 02:37:31 pm »
Have tracked some touts on facebook and other channels and reported them all to the club, hope they do something about it.
I can only afford (time and money) to come over to Anfield once a year (from Belgium) but always buy my tickets trough membership sales, it's those who keep feeding the touts that are keeping this shit alive.
We Remember them with pride,
Those mighty reds of Shankly's side.
And Kenny's boys of '88,
There's never been a side so great.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #1611 on: January 6, 2020, 02:45:15 pm »
Have tracked some touts on facebook and other channels and reported them all to the club, hope they do something about it.
I can only afford (time and money) to come over to Anfield once a year (from Belgium) but always buy my tickets trough membership sales, it's those who keep feeding the touts that are keeping this shit alive.

you take that krovak fella he probs has so many tickets under different names will never get caught unless folk who use him report him and take his cards and report it. I wouldn't be surprised if his name isn't Adam Krovak.

Offline exCite

• Anny Roader
  • Form Is Temporary, Class Is Permanent.
« Reply #1612 on: January 6, 2020, 02:55:31 pm »
you take that krovak fella he probs has so many tickets under different names will never get caught unless folk who use him report him and take his cards and report it. I wouldn't be surprised if his name isn't Adam Krovak.

I've actually went along with some touts online as being a genuine seller, they believed me. Then I told them I couldn't go and reported them.
One fella actually sent me his driver's license and facetimed me, so sent all that info including his name and the pub he operates from, he told me he had at least 20 (!!!!!!) season tickets.

It can be tackled, but the club need to invest a lot of time and money.
We Remember them with pride,
Those mighty reds of Shankly's side.
And Kenny's boys of '88,
There's never been a side so great.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #1613 on: January 6, 2020, 02:57:45 pm »
I've actually went along with some touts online as being a genuine seller, they believed me. Then I told them I couldn't go and reported them.
One fella actually sent me his driver's license and facetimed me, so sent all that info including his name and the pub he operates from, he told me he had at least 20 (!!!!!!) season tickets.

It can be tackled, but the club need to invest a lot of time and money.

I was going to do that but I don't see anything actually being done. I have contacted Liverpool about a issue I have myself and still no response.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1614 on: January 6, 2020, 05:58:12 pm »
 :butt :butt

Charging more than face value so he doesn't lose out....

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #1615 on: January 6, 2020, 06:06:50 pm »

"loose out"

Online davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1616 on: January 6, 2020, 06:28:23 pm »
You hear touts quite often saying "Any spares? Buy or sell" etc right outside and never seen the Police do anything.

The fakes is just a horrible thing to do to anyone.

But some of the buy and sell people - at least this is some good and 'honest' touting - buying tickets from those selling genuine last minute spares outside the ground, and taking a risk and making a small mark up. It's the old fashioned way and sort of don't mind it. As long as they are not fake, and you're buying/selling on the day, it's not a massive issue - in a way they are helping out by making sure a seat does not go empty. (The club can but don't choose to let you give the ticket up to KO). Not sure how they operate in the fan card era though - not many paper tickets these days.

So for this name thing then - when we getting the figures on the masses of touts we've uncovered. If it's 0 then that's a bit embarrassing.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2020, 06:30:06 pm by davidsteventon »

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #1617 on: January 6, 2020, 07:24:37 pm »
The fakes is just a horrible thing to do to anyone.

But some of the buy and sell people - at least this is some good and 'honest' touting - buying tickets from those selling genuine last minute spares outside the ground, and taking a risk and making a small mark up. It's the old fashioned way and sort of don't mind it. As long as they are not fake, and you're buying/selling on the day, it's not a massive issue - in a way they are helping out by making sure a seat does not go empty. (The club can but don't choose to let you give the ticket up to KO). Not sure how they operate in the fan card era though - not many paper tickets these days.

So for this name thing then - when we getting the figures on the masses of touts we've uncovered. If it's 0 then that's a bit embarrassing.

Anyone who sells their ticket for more than face value whether it’s £10 more or £100 more is a disgrace. How can you support someone making a ‘small profit’? I’d rather they lost out on their ticket value than have someone pay a ridiculous fee for it just to fill a seat.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline qBlaz3

• Anny Roader
  • annie road aggro
« Reply #1618 on: January 6, 2020, 07:27:17 pm »

Worth reporting something like that? Not his second name it’s the name of his taxi company in Ruthin. Building up credits with hospitality shouldn’t be a thing anyway. then selling it on and not going himself.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1619 on: January 6, 2020, 08:05:06 pm »
Yes. The card must be in his name so that'd be better but might be available online?  Companies house?

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #1620 on: January 6, 2020, 08:12:43 pm »

Who in their right mind buys a ticket for £1,000 in the first place

Offline qBlaz3

• Anny Roader
  • annie road aggro
« Reply #1621 on: January 6, 2020, 08:19:23 pm »
Yes. The card must be in his name so that'd be better but might be available online?  Companies house?

Mr Robert Nagy

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09598884/filing-history

Look at the incorporation pdf at the bottom second page has the name, Robert not Roberto Nagy

Company name found through LinkedIn https://uk.linkedin.com/in/roberto-s-taxi-ruthin-0772a185
« Last Edit: January 6, 2020, 08:21:19 pm by qBlaz3 »

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1622 on: January 6, 2020, 08:24:22 pm »
Good work. All info to Michael.yorke@Liverpool FC.com then including what he was selling and for how much. Although some hospitality tkts can be sold on so it's the price they'll want proof of. 

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #1623 on: January 6, 2020, 08:54:51 pm »
Was stood next to a fella with his two kids at the Wolves game who were from South Africa - come over for the Leicester away, Wolves & Shef UTD game - £350 per person, per game for each ticket.

So he spent over a grand a game, plus flights, hotel, spends etc. He said they were put in the same hotel as the players, saw them all in the morning - but it was FULL of LFC tourists on tout packages from Austrailia, China, India, USA, South Aftris, Thailand, Europe etc.

£350 to watch Liverpool v Sheffield UTD ffs  :butt
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1624 on: January 6, 2020, 09:10:08 pm »
Was stood next to a fella with his two kids at the Wolves game who were from South Africa - come over for the Leicester away, Wolves & Shef UTD game - £350 per person, per game for each ticket.

So he spent over a grand a game, plus flights, hotel, spends etc. He said they were put in the same hotel as the players, saw them all in the morning - but it was FULL of LFC tourists on tout packages from Austrailia, China, India, USA, South Aftris, Thailand, Europe etc.

£350 to watch Liverpool v Sheffield UTD ffs  :butt

Hang on, the touts are now organising the whole package deal with hotel etc? What the actual fuck? The players must love that! That surely makes it even easier for the club to track the touts down if they're block booking hotels.

Some people really do have more money than sense.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #1625 on: January 6, 2020, 09:18:45 pm »

A major issue in all this
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1626 on: January 6, 2020, 10:05:53 pm »
Tbf it’s full packages which travel agents source from said countries. I’ve had mates from abroad stay at the team hotel but they had to book certain amount of days. I also know this because I bought cricket World Cup packages for last year from South Africa and they were advertising packages for lfc. 

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1627 on: January 6, 2020, 10:07:01 pm »
Hang on, the touts are now organising the whole package deal with hotel etc? What the actual fuck? The players must love that! That surely makes it even easier for the club to track the touts down if they're block booking hotels.

They only provide part of ticket travel agents block book hotels n do the flights. Club have partnerships with some

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #1628 on: January 6, 2020, 10:37:57 pm »

His kids were 15 & 17 ish - they have supported Liverpool all their lives and never been to Anfield - it's a once in a lifetime trip for them.

I'm not justifying it in anyway, but people pay £10,000 to take their kids to meet a mouse for a 2 week holiday. A once in a lifetime trip. I only imagine to a lifelong Liverpool supporter who has always dreamt of being on the KOP, a few grand is worth it.

This is the problem - touts prey on people like them. It's exploitation, it's wrong, but saying they have more money than sense isn't entirely true when many will have saved up for years to experience this one moment.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1629 on: January 6, 2020, 11:29:19 pm »
The other issue is travel and tour operators, they provide travel and hotel and ticket packages for all other sports and events, both in partnership with the said events and independently, they then do the same with football. Nothing stops them doing it cos it’s allowed in their country, plus nothing stops them breaking it down so ticket is fv and the money is made on hotel/flights etc.  Loads do it for cricket/rugby/Olympics.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #1630 on: January 7, 2020, 11:17:16 am »
Seen on some pages last home game of season V Chelsea few touts offering tickets for 4k probs thinking we will get trophy on last home game be funny if folk forked out this and we got it away to Newcastle the week later.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1631 on: January 7, 2020, 12:03:40 pm »
Seen on some pages last home game of season V Chelsea few touts offering tickets for 4k probs thinking we will get trophy on last home game be funny if folk forked out this and we got it away to Newcastle the week later.

Would be last home unless we fk up majorly

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1632 on: January 7, 2020, 12:29:41 pm »
I see loads of people offering hospitality tickets - sometimes at way below market rate. I think it appears to be a way over a few seasons for them to build up credits and possibly away credits? Buy them all in, sell them all of - and then bin off hospitality once you've got enough. Otherwise I don't see why the same people on Twitter seem to be constantly offering hospitality tickets at like 66% of the value all the time.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1633 on: January 7, 2020, 12:30:30 pm »

Only if after the Chelsea game we are only 3 points clear (or 6 if City/Leicester play the day later).
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #1634 on: January 7, 2020, 12:33:39 pm »
Only if after the Chelsea game we are only 3 points clear (or 6 if City/Leicester play the day later).

So if the league is won before our last home game we get the Trophy then? that's good then. although it would of been good seeing Hendo lifting it at St James being a Sunderland boy  ;D .

Just hoping the open top bus Is kept for the Monday after Last game of season as I will be down in Liverpool .

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1635 on: January 7, 2020, 12:35:24 pm »
So if the league is won before our last home game we get the Trophy then? that's good then. although it would of been good seeing Hendo lifting it at St James being a Sunderland boy  ;D .

Just hoping the open top bus Is kept for the Monday after Last game of season as I will be down in Liverpool .
St. James would be the worst ground in the country to lift the trophy at. Bus parade will be on Monday if we don't have any finals after although they may well have some sort of celebration, hard to say

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1636 on: January 7, 2020, 12:37:25 pm »
St. James would be the worst ground in the country to lift the trophy at.

God yeah, we'd all be needing binoculars to watch it.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #1637 on: January 7, 2020, 12:41:05 pm »
St. James would be the worst ground in the country to lift the trophy at. Bus parade will be on Monday if we don't have any finals after although they may well have some sort of celebration, hard to say

Aye it would be crap miles away from the pitch.

I put in for holidays for the Monday and Tuesday will be down Sunday to Tuesday. but your right if we get to champions league final then and fa cup  they will hold off until after they are played.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1638 on: January 7, 2020, 12:45:08 pm »
Aye it would be crap miles away from the pitch.

I put in for holidays for the Monday and Tuesday will be down Sunday to Tuesday. but your right if we get to champions league final then and fa cup  they will hold off until after they are played.
Yeah personally I wouldn't like 2 celebrations and I don't think Klopp would but I understand after 30 years people wanting it. Would be weird celebrating if we lost one of those finals though

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1639 on: January 7, 2020, 12:49:10 pm »
Anyone who sells their ticket for more than face value whether it’s £10 more or £100 more is a disgrace.
agreed

as for fakes friend of a friend was trying to get tickets for the roma semi final

fella was looking for 350 for 2 tickets. anyway he heard YNWA booming so couldnt resist. he usually makes whoever come to the ticket office to make sure its a real ticket but didnt have time, one time he didnt. soon as he handed over the cash the guy takes off like Usain Bolt. Sure enough it looked real but as you can see where this is going it was a fake, paid 350 for monopoly money
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR