Author Topic: FT Argyle 0 - Liverpool 1 (Lucas 18')  (Read 22834 times)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: FT Argyle 0 - Liverpool 1 (Lucas 18')
« Reply #240 on: January 18, 2017, 11:01:25 pm »
It's funny because I think the media is full of miserable twats too. The BT lot were going on like Plymouth had gone 180 minutes against us and restricted us to a bare handful of chances, as if they were up against our first team. Yeah they're Jurgen's Reds, but when you think that Ben Woodburn isn't even old enough to have a pint then I think it has to be put into perspective. I mean, that nobhead Jake Humphreys is going on about our form being a concern, blah blah blah.

It was the fucking kids playing you tit end!!

The agenda against Sturridge is laughable as well. Sure he got barely any service, but he was constantly moving and creating space for others. It was also a run out for 65 minutes that will help his game time and fitness, plus he will almost certainly be unleashed against Swansea for some target practice at the weekend. Talk about him being embarrassed by being taken off or being at a crossroads in his career is a complete joke. Jurgen also has a responsibility to develop the young lads too, and rightly said in his post-match interview that we controlled the game in the last 25 minutes. It was the right time to give young lads time on the pitch. If anything, Origi has been so duff recently that Sturridge is likely to start a few games now. So even giving a micro-second of consideration to any notion of Sturridge being unwanted is yet more media bollocks being spouted. Same with saying Karius was unconvincing. Errr, he kept two clean sheets didn't he nobheads? Honestly, there are many people in here who could do a considerably better job at punditry than the dross we have to put up with on the telly.

But anyway, all in all a shite match against a truly negative team, surrounded by meff 'fans' who won't be making the away trip to Stevenage at the weekend or probably be seen again at Home Park this season. Booing YNWA when we were trying to give a bit of respect to the poor lad who passed away and a gesture of support to his family. Resorting to predictable shithouse chants - the 'who are ya' brigade, 'slipped on his fucking arse' and all that shit. Smalltime, bitter behaviour and smalltime tactics from the team, pulling shirts, kicking the ball away at every stoppage so that they can regroup behind the ball. I'm delighted to have pissed on their dreams, ruined their evening, done a professional job with an extremely talented bunch of young lads. Time for us to act like flat-track bullies, put these lower league teams in their place, puff out our chests and make them know who the fuck we are. Or rather, who our kids are.

A final positive note; Nathaniel Clyne has some serious competition. Enjoy the breakthrough of TAA into the first team folks, we're witnessing it as we speak. MOTM by an absolute mile tonight, we have a total gem on our hands there. 18 years old going on 30, I am truly excited thinking about how good he could potentially be as he gets more experienced if his current form is anything to go by. Fuck the negative press because we didn't put 5 past those useless bumpkins tonight, embrace and enjoy watching our incredibly talented kids grow into men.

Up the young reds, YNWA!

Spot on mate.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: January 18, 2017, 11:06:12 pm »
Coutinho and Firmino will certainly start against Swansea, but I have no idea who will join them up in the front because Daniel and Origi did themselves no favors tonight. I'm pleased and delighted, but disappointed that neither one imposed themselves tonight.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #242 on: January 18, 2017, 11:06:34 pm »
It's funny because I think the media is full of miserable twats too. The BT lot were going on like Plymouth had gone 180 minutes against us and restricted us to a bare handful of chances, as if they were up against our first team. Yeah they're Jurgen's Reds, but when you think that Ben Woodburn isn't even old enough to have a pint then I think it has to be put into perspective. I mean, that nobhead Jake Humphreys is going on about our form being a concern, blah blah blah.

The agenda against Sturridge is laughable as well. Sure he got barely any service, but he was constantly moving and creating space for others. It was also a run out for 65 minutes that will help his game time and fitness, plus he will almost certainly be unleashed against Swansea for some target practice at the weekend. Talk about him being embarrassed by being taken off or being at a crossroads in his career is a complete joke. Jurgen also has a responsibility to develop the young lads too, and rightly said in his post-match interview that we controlled the game in the last 25 minutes. It was the right time to give young lads time on the pitch. If anything, Origi has been so duff recently that Sturridge is likely to start a few games now. So even giving a micro-second of consideration to any notion of Sturridge being unwanted is yet more media bollocks being spouted. Same with saying Karius was unconvincing. Errr, he kept two clean sheets didn't he nobheads? Honestly, there are many people in here who could do a considerably better job at punditry than the dross we have to put up with on the telly.

But anyway, all in all a shite match against a truly negative team, surrounded by meff 'fans' who won't be making the away trip to Stevenage at the weekend or probably be seen again at Home Park this season. Booing YNWA when we were trying to give a bit of respect to the poor lad who passed away and a gesture of support to his family. Resorting to predictable shithouse chants - the 'who are ya' brigade, 'slipped on his fucking arse' and all that shit. Smalltime, bitter behaviour and smalltime tactics from the team, pulling shirts, kicking the ball away at every stoppage so that they can regroup behind the ball. I'm delighted to have pissed on their dreams, ruined their evening, done a professional job with an extremely talented bunch of young lads. Time for us to act like flat-track bullies, put these lower league teams in their place, puff out our chests and make them know who the fuck we are. Or rather, who our kids are.

A final positive note; Nathaniel Clyne has some serious competition. Enjoy the breakthrough of TAA into the first team folks, we're witnessing it as we speak. MOTM by an absolute mile tonight, we have a total gem on our hands there. 18 years old going on 30, I am truly excited thinking about how good he could potentially be as he gets more experienced if his current form is anything to go by. Fuck the negative press because we didn't put 5 past those useless bumpkins tonight, embrace and enjoy watching our incredibly talented kids grow into men.

Up the young reds, YNWA!

:wellin Great post mate
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #243 on: January 18, 2017, 11:07:37 pm »
Coutinho and Firmino will certainly start against Swansea, but I have no idea who will join them up in the front because Daniel and Origi did themselves no favors tonight. I'm pleased and delighted, but disappointed that neither one imposed themselves tonight.
Hoping it would be Sturridge rather than a CM up there with two brazilians.

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #244 on: January 18, 2017, 11:08:22 pm »

I think the answer to that should be neither of them.

I would play Firmino central with Coutinho left and Lallana right. Firmino needs to be next to Coutinho. Sturridge to come off the bench in the second half.

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #245 on: January 18, 2017, 11:09:00 pm »
Funny tonight. I thought the young lads did really, really well. Trent made some vital clearances picking up excellent defensive positions. Ejaria looked cool and composed on the ball and Woodburn showed a real willingness and maturity to get on the ball and take responsibility. Good accounts from Stewart, Wilson and Ojo too.

Karius looked a bit shaky. Lucas also lost the flight of the ball a few times and didn't seem to have much of an understanding with Gomez. Moreno saw plenty of the ball and didn't do anything with it whilst Coutinho showed rustiness and a little trepidation. I thought Sturridge and Origi were both very poor when you consider their superior talent to their opposition.

Most importantly though we got the job done and some valuable experience and impressive performances from the academy lads.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 11:10:32 pm by -Daws- »
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #246 on: January 18, 2017, 11:09:54 pm »

I would play Firmino central with Coutinho left and Lallana right. Firmino needs to be next to Coutinho. Sturridge to come off the bench in the second half.

Lallana has to play in midfield in my opinion. We lack creativity in midfield when he doesn't play there.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #247 on: January 18, 2017, 11:15:18 pm »
Up the young reds, YNWA!
It takes balls to stand up and be positive. Fear and insecurity drive the I told you so brigade.

Well in buddy. Top post!

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: January 18, 2017, 11:17:28 pm »

I wouldn't want that, we've struggled in midfield without Lallana in terms of knitting passes and creating better passing lanes, Lallana up front hurts us in a crucial aspect of the field. Gini,henderson and can in midfield imo does not have the same balance without Lallana in there. I don't know what Klopp is going to do, but it's been clear since the City game, without Lallana in midfield, we're not the same side.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #249 on: January 18, 2017, 11:24:50 pm »
It takes balls to stand up and be positive. Fear and insecurity drive the I told you so brigade.

Well in buddy. Top post!

Cheers la, appreciated. It takes balls for those lads to go out there into a hostile environment and perform the way they did, to restrict a team that plays together week in, week out to one decent chance over 2 games. It's a bit like PL teams sending lads into the Championship to get a few bloody noses, kicked about a bit, pit themselves against some class mixed in with the alehouse journeymen and old pros who still know how to embarrass a young upstart with a well-timed nutmeg or sly kick. The Plymouth lads, albeit in a bit of a dickish way, have probably helped our lads enormously tonight in their development. I remember what I was like when I was 17, there's no danger I'd be able to have done what Ben Woodburn did tonight.

The media should be celebrating it, not criticising it. I'm just glad that the vast majority in here are looking at it positively, and we need to back them now, even if they make mistakes or don't quite find the perfect through ball that maybe Hendo would. Knowing that they are learning from Hendo, Milner, Coutinho makes me very happy about the future indeed.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: January 18, 2017, 11:25:30 pm »
Not a spectable by any means but good to get through it without needing too many first teamers, great experience for the young players and nice to see Coutinho get a start to build up his fitness. It seems like Origi and Sturridge struggle to link up in any meaningful way when they play together, instead of a partnership it's mostly just two strikers doing their own thing.

I wouldn't want that, we've struggled in midfield without Lallana in terms of knitting passes and creating better passing lanes, Lallana up front hurts us in a crucial aspect of the field. Gini,henderson and can in midfield imo does not have the same balance without Lallana in there. I don't know what Klopp is going to do, but it's been clear since the City game, without Lallana in midfield, we're not the same side.

Ojo for Mane seems like a pretty sensible call to me, he'd give us plenty of pace and unpredictability out wide and despite his inconsistency he seems to offer a decent amount of end product already. He also seems comfortable taking on responsibility in games, although one slight drawback is that he doesn't press like Mane.

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #251 on: January 18, 2017, 11:26:07 pm »

Lallana in midfield, Ojo right? ;D

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #252 on: January 18, 2017, 11:29:09 pm »
I thought the youngsters did well tonight, shame about our other established players with the exception of Lucas.

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #253 on: January 18, 2017, 11:34:48 pm »
Anyone got the avg. age of the team that finished the game?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: January 18, 2017, 11:35:03 pm »
Maybe we need to buy some new players.  :P
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #255 on: January 18, 2017, 11:44:57 pm »
Anyone got the avg. age of the team that finished the game?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #256 on: January 18, 2017, 11:47:27 pm »

Up the young reds, YNWA!

Well said - all these things

Really enjoyed the kids tonight... over these two legs I've realised how much I enjoy watching them generally. Nothing more exciting than watching players come through and see them tested under the spotlight

Don't know how anyone couldn't get pleasure from watching Ejaria, Woodburn, Wilson, Trent and Ojo tonight - all of them have a chance and all of them were magnificent in the last 20 mins... could teach one or two in the first team how to keep calm and kill a game.
Hope they all get to play vs Watford too.

Online Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: January 19, 2017, 12:31:59 am »
Catcha Plymouth.  Cheers for the shite chants and pasty. 

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: January 19, 2017, 12:42:34 am »

Up the young reds, YNWA!

All good points. I thought the post-match analysis was particularly shite.

Aside from achieving our objective, which was to win the game, I thought we controlled the game pretty well. Other than that 1 chance, I don't feel that they really created much or really threatened our side much at all. A lot of our 2nd team players got vital minutes and Coutinho got back into some match fitness. We didn't go past 90 minutes, and didn't collect any injuries or suspensions. Gomez is also seemingly back in the fold and perhaps ready to play more games. I can't see any negatives really.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #259 on: January 19, 2017, 12:43:20 am »

Up the young reds, YNWA!

My word. What a corking post!

Further, there was another gem of a line to add to the diamonds our boss delivers tonight in post when he said 'playing Trent against Plymouth at Anfield decided me to play him against United'... or something like that. He is making decisions about these boys in competitive games rather than u23 (important as that is for development.)

Why some of the nuggets on here cannot differentiate between the two is comprehensive evidence of the divide between those who support the team wholeheartedly and those who just watch and fume like Everfuckingtonians when they have to go through the long protracted wasteland that is social media where one upmanship and fucking procrastination is King/Queen. They have to convince other nuggets the why and wherefore of a result and how it would have been so much different if the boss had listened to them with their hindsight hilarity.

Our boys took all that a lowly 4th division side with their gobshite, inbred, thick as fucking pigshit fans could throw at them (booing ynwa in support of the young lad who passed away, with a riposte of ;you've only got one song e.g.') and came through. Woodburn, Ejaria, Stewart, Ojo, TTA, Harry, big Joe, all getting minutes. Luke getting his first goal in 7 years. Phillippe getting game time after injury. Karius, Albie, Dan, Divock, playing. Fucking beyond me how it can be anything but a positive night.

Then the boss, that fucking Prince of a man, giving the kids stick, demanding more from them, not letting them think they have arrived, is just priceless, pure magic. He rips Ojo, then praises him. He's working on him, same with the rest. Jesus, we are on the crest of a wave with Jurgen. Tbf, who gives a flying one abah some of the opinion on here. If you are not confident we have the greatest manager since the immortal Bill in charge and you still doubt where we are going..........then fucking do one you blert
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 12:46:29 am by vivabobbygraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #260 on: January 19, 2017, 01:19:01 am »
My word. What a corking post!

Further, there was another gem of a line to add to the diamonds our boss delivers tonight in post when he said 'playing Trent against Plymouth at Anfield decided me to play him against United'... or something like that. He is making decisions about these boys in competitive games rather than u23 (important as that is for development.)

Why some of the nuggets on here cannot differentiate between the two is comprehensive evidence of the divide between those who support the team wholeheartedly and those who just watch and fume like Everfuckingtonians when they have to go through the long protracted wasteland that is social media where one upmanship and fucking procrastination is King/Queen. They have to convince other nuggets the why and wherefore of a result and how it would have been so much different if the boss had listened to them with their hindsight hilarity.

Our boys took all that a lowly 4th division side with their gobshite, inbred, thick as fucking pigshit fans could throw at them (booing ynwa in support of the young lad who passed away, with a riposte of ;you've only got one song e.g.') and came through. Woodburn, Ejaria, Stewart, Ojo, TTA, Harry, big Joe, all getting minutes. Luke getting his first goal in 7 years. Phillippe getting game time after injury. Karius, Albie, Dan, Divock, playing. Fucking beyond me how it can be anything but a positive night.

Then the boss, that fucking Prince of a man, giving the kids stick, demanding more from them, not letting them think they have arrived, is just priceless, pure magic. He rips Ojo, then praises him. He's working on him, same with the rest. Jesus, we are on the crest of a wave with Jurgen. Tbf, who gives a flying one abah some of the opinion on here. If you are not confident we have the greatest manager since the immortal Bill in charge and you still doubt where we are going..........then fucking do one you blert
Corking post yourself mate.

Up the reds!

Offline me76

• It's all in the reflexes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #261 on: January 19, 2017, 01:31:58 am »
Brilliant couple of posts there guys! I fucking love what's happening at LFC, love how we're playing, love the team spirit, love the opportunity the kids are getting and absolutely love Jurgen! What a time to be a Liverpool fan!
Jürgen Klopp: "I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: January 19, 2017, 01:32:19 am »

Likely Lallana to start in the front 3 again I would think. 

Offline me76

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #263 on: January 19, 2017, 01:34:01 am »

I hope we see Phil, Sturridge and Firmino up front, with Hendo, Gini and Lallana in midfield.
Jürgen Klopp: "I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: January 19, 2017, 01:34:35 am »

Really weakens the midfield, as I mentioned the balance between Can Hendo and Gini is really poor in comparison. In all honesty I rather have Gini there in the front 3 than Lallana.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: January 19, 2017, 01:34:56 am »
I hope we see Phil, Sturridge and Firmino up front, with Hendo, Gini and Lallana in midfield.

I also want Lallana back in the midfield.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: January 19, 2017, 01:37:04 am »

He's more of a goal threat in midfield than he is up front. He makes a tremendous difference when he's in midfield.

Offline me76

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #267 on: January 19, 2017, 01:37:16 am »

Yep, we're so much more fluid with Lallana in MF with Hendo and Gini.  Change the front three, but leave our best combo in midfield.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: January 19, 2017, 01:40:49 am »

Really weakens the midfield, as I mentioned the balance between Can Hendo and Gini is really poor in comparison. In all honesty I rather have Gini there in the front 3 than Lallana.

I just don't see Klopp starting Sturridge for this one.  I totally agree about the midfield but I think Klopp wants to keep Firmino central and that means having to have Lallana replace Mane. 

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #269 on: January 19, 2017, 01:42:01 am »
Corking post yourself mate.

Up the reds!

Up the reds!
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline me76

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #270 on: January 19, 2017, 01:43:54 am »
I just don't see Klopp starting Sturridge for this one.  I totally agree about the midfield but I think Klopp wants to keep Firmino central and that means having to have Lallana replace Mane. 

Ojo on the right?  I think he'll stick Daniel out there and he and Bob will interchange.  That's what I'm hoping anyway.  Prob should take this discussion to the Swansea thread!

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #271 on: January 19, 2017, 01:59:00 am »
Job done and Jurgen got to see Devon. Brilliant night all round.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #272 on: January 19, 2017, 02:19:54 am »
Is that it for the South Coast this season?
We are Liverpool!

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #273 on: January 19, 2017, 02:28:04 am »
The whole Country was baying for a cup upset (no harm in that like!) but we didn't oblige, so fuck them. We won in the Cup, that's all that matters in cup games, GD etc means nothing, nobody cares how you get to Wembley just get there!

Most of their part time 'fans' can kindly fuck off back into obscurity now please, your teame failed to score against our much maligned defence over 2 games.....but you can be proud to know Lucas scored against you, now that is something you can tell ya grandkids!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #274 on: January 19, 2017, 02:33:30 am »
This tournament is garbage. Lower league teams putting 11 players hoping to defend and get a replay, and then hoping for a shootout against 18 year old kids. Instead of having a go and put a show for the public these games are becoming eye sores. Glad we knocked these c*nts off, absolutely disgusting their lot booing YNWA in memory of that lad.
Seen us win everything

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #275 on: January 19, 2017, 02:53:33 am »
-- Lucas: Readiness to play anywhere...
-- Lucas: Do any job while wearing the red shirt...
-- Rewarded with the captain's armband at Plymouth...

HE IS OUR LUCAS.
--------------------------------

www.mirror.co.uk : "Sturridge does little to convince Klopp"
Daniel Sturridge is getting his opportunity this month because Sadio Mane is away with Senegal at the Africa Cup of Nations, but he is not grabbing his chance.
Although he should have had a first-half penalty, he did not really trouble Plymouth.

-- Mirror UK --
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 02:55:12 am by NarutoReds »
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: January 19, 2017, 02:57:22 am »
We got the win, the youngsters got another game, a run out for Phil and Sturridge, Karius made a couple more decent saves, no injuries, no silly cards.
And to top it all, Lucas  :o got the goal.   :)

A very professional performance from us.

It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #277 on: January 19, 2017, 03:11:09 am »
What was the average age on that finishing 11 do ya suppose? Pretty damn young. Smashing run out for your Joe Gomez, your everybodys. Too bad about Joel.   

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline cricketrocks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: January 19, 2017, 04:10:49 am »
Brilliant couple of posts there guys! I fucking love what's happening at LFC, love how we're playing, love the team spirit, love the opportunity the kids are getting and absolutely love Jurgen! What a time to be a Liverpool fan!
:D

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
« Reply #279 on: January 19, 2017, 04:52:39 am »
What was the average age on that finishing 11 do ya suppose? Pretty damn young. Smashing run out for your Joe Gomez, your everybodys. Too bad about Joel.   

Fuck it, here you go (did it myself with a bit of copypasting):

DOB   Age
Karius   22-Jun-93   23.58
Moreno    5-Jul-92   24.54
Gomez    23-May-97   19.66
Lucas     9-Jan-87   30.03
Stewart   7-Sep-93   23.36
Ejaria   18-Nov-97   19.17
Trent A-A 7-Oct-98   18.28
Origi    18-Apr-95   21.75
Woodburn 15-Oct-99   17.26
Wilson   22-Mar-97   19.83
Ojo      19-Jun-97   19.58
AVERAGE              21.55

That's 21 years, 201 days. It was 21 years 296 days at kickoff in the first match so beats that comfortably but not sure if it sets any sort of record. Take out Lucas and it drops to 20.70 years.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 05:00:57 am by DaveCharlie »