Author Topic: FT Man United 1 vs Liverpool 1 - (Milner p 27'; Ibrahimovic 84')  (Read 65980 times)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Re: FT Man United 1 vs Liverpool 1 - (Milner p 27'; Zlatan 84')
« Reply #360 on: January 15, 2017, 06:13:28 pm »
Will Pogba get done for the assault on Hendo? Will he bollocks.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #361 on: January 15, 2017, 06:13:29 pm »
I keep thinking I hate Chelsea the most then I realise that's rubbish.
I'd love just one season where we get a bit of these pricks luck, we would be out of sight.
Still we are by far the better team and with a full side we can win things this year. Some quality additions and its going to happen over  the next couple of seasons.
Come on Liverpool.

Offline Jack Barrels

• Kopite
« Reply #362 on: January 15, 2017, 06:13:33 pm »
Thought we did very well on the whole. Frustrating to let one in so late in the game but that's now 12/18 against the top 6. We only have City left at their turf, while Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea are coming to Anfield. Season is still looking bright.

Congratulations to Trent Arnold on his first full start, not an easy debut and he had a rough time mostly, but the future is bright for the lad.
Really thought Martin Kelly would make it.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #363 on: January 15, 2017, 06:13:35 pm »
Shame about Matip, we would have had a better chance with him against Fellaini who made the difference for them.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: January 15, 2017, 06:13:46 pm »
and SOME OF YOU, have a little bit more faith in your club and the lads. The pre-match pessamism was mind boggling

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: January 15, 2017, 06:13:54 pm »
Why the eff wasnt Stridgey  given a go ....late  on even

Maybe because we don't have a played called 'Stridgey' ?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #366 on: January 15, 2017, 06:14:03 pm »
Feeling more positive than I was before the game because I saw some fight from us in difficult circumstances.

There will be plenty more twists and turns in the title race but when we beat Chelsea at Anfield that will reduce the gap and it will be game on.

Also we only have 7 more away games and more at home so let's be positive and believe that when we get back to full strength we can go on another run.

A point at Old Trafford is never a bad result and its another tough game out of the way. Onwards and upwards.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: January 15, 2017, 06:14:04 pm »
Ahem...

Offline martinsquirtle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: January 15, 2017, 06:14:05 pm »
That was a good point.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #369 on: January 15, 2017, 06:14:08 pm »
It has to be said, they had better chances and could have torn us apart.

Torn apart? Haha, really? You were watching a different game to me.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #370 on: January 15, 2017, 06:14:16 pm »
Yeah and in the earlier chance he had, he didn't shift it at all - very easy for Jones to deal with. If that's Coutinho he drops a shoulder or shimmies or takes a touch inside or something. Just using Coutinho as an example... I think most clinical players would do something like that

Or just use your left foot. Bizarre how scared professional players are of it. Let it run across and use your left instep even an okay contact has a chance

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: January 15, 2017, 06:14:25 pm »
and SOME OF YOU, have a little bit more faith in your club and the lads. The pre-match pessamism was mind boggling

Yep. This is a brilliant group of players and an incredible manager. The lack of faith is alarming.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: January 15, 2017, 06:14:44 pm »

We were ok with the point it's a good point and still needed the shape and press, who do you take off for him?

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #373 on: January 15, 2017, 06:14:56 pm »
THAT is their full strength? The most expensive team in football history?  :lmao
Work in progress though mate. Shitcoat needs 2-3 more transfer windows and £300 million more to spend net. Only then can we judge the poor lamb  ::)

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #374 on: January 15, 2017, 06:14:58 pm »
Devil's advocate - I think Lallana was marginally offside and definitely tried to hit the ball, so the corner where Pogba tries to handle it shouldn't have been given. Going to an in-form Manchester United with a debutant and your three best performers in the season and coming back with something is hardly a bad result.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: January 15, 2017, 06:15:00 pm »
Loved how Coutinho came on and was immediately the best player on the pitch. His form will be crucial over the rest of the season and it's obvious he's fired up to lead us in this challenge. Exciting times.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: January 15, 2017, 06:15:00 pm »
Thought we were lucky to get a point  as Utd had the better chances and were indebted to Mignolet who looks a different keeper. Frustrating to draw though if Matip plays we win that, Klavan and Lovren are panicky and error strewn from the Skrtel school of defending.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: January 15, 2017, 06:15:00 pm »
Can was absolutely fine.

To a man, not one player you can criticise today. We did enough to scrape the sort of wins seasons are built upon, but as was predicted by a few we had to deal with more than the most expensive squad in football history today. Alas, a draw is no disaster.
Can was atrocious, not sure he knew what he was doing half the time

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #378 on: January 15, 2017, 06:15:00 pm »
I think we have to be realistic with our expectations too. We are five points from sixth, and seven from top so to be fair we need to make sure we do enough to keep the teams below us at bay and then if we can do anything further then that will take care of its self but it's a real tough top six this.

Honestly, just fuck off with this shit now.

We've just been screwed by utterly inept officials of a win at that fucking pit, without Clyne or Matip, Hendo rushed back, Coutinho only fit for 25 minutes. Absolutely fuck off with the 'oh we need to look down rather than up' bollocks after that, we really need a much more positive fan base right now. Look what it did for us a few seasons ago. I dare say you'd avoid meeting the team coach because we need to consolidate fourth first? Nah fuck that. It's a title challenge, always look up until we can only look down.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: January 15, 2017, 06:15:14 pm »
Imagine we had a fully fit Coutinho from the start? Different game.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: January 15, 2017, 06:15:19 pm »
Can was absolutely fine.

To a man, not one player you can criticise today. We did enough to scrape the sort of wins seasons are built upon, but as was predicted by a few we had to deal with more than the most expensive squad in football history today. Alas, a draw is no disaster.

Well put, noone to criticise today. We obviously missed our first team players, as it meant we couldn't change our game through substitutions.

Ultimately in the context of the matchday squad forced on us at late notice (no matip, no clyne), and the expected ones (mane), a draw away there is a decent result.

In the context of chasing Chelsea its not ideal, but it's one of the few remaining tough fixtures out of the way. We're level with Spurs and ahead of Arsenal, City and United. This is a good thing. All we can do now is put together a winning run and pressure Chelsea. Only look above us

Today shows the fine margins that cost us. Linesman in shite positions cost us a wrongly disallowed goal at spurs and a goal today

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #381 on: January 15, 2017, 06:15:30 pm »
I thought we did very well. ManU is much better now than last time. The goal came at an illogical time, but it was fair over 90 min.

Can and Wijnaldum were excellent, and combined well. We lacked a bit of sharpness in the box. A lot of decent chances were wasted by Wijnaldum, Lallana, Firmino and Origi.

Good refereeing too. The goal was offside, but that was very quick and unexpected.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #382 on: January 15, 2017, 06:15:45 pm »
Thought we were lucky to get a point  as Utd had the better chances and were indebted to Mignolet who looks a different keeper. Frustrating to draw though if Matip plays we win that, Klavan and Lovren are panicky and error strewn from the Skrtel school of defending.

Cheer up.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #383 on: January 15, 2017, 06:15:51 pm »
Arsenal 3-4 Liverpool
Spurs 1-1 Liverpool
Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool
Liverpool 0-0 Man Utd
Liverpool 1-0 Man City
Man Utd 1-1 Liverpool

Offer me that at the start of every season and I'll take it. Hasn't turned out to be good enough to really make ourselves a big challenger due to Chelsea brushing everyone aside, but left ourselves well placed. Need Matip back and Senegal out of the ACoN asap.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: January 15, 2017, 06:15:53 pm »

No chance he was going to come on in a game this intense while the opponents were bypassing the midfield and even keeping possession was a major challenge with all the pressing all over the pitch.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: January 15, 2017, 06:15:57 pm »
*phew*

Draw is a good result I reckon. Could have been betterof course but that keeps United at arm's length and keeps Liverpool in the title race.

Was genuinely convinced Liverpool would lose today.

Bro, they're really not that good. They've had red cards, offsides, everything going for them recently. I don't think they have a chance at taking our spot in the top 4. Maybe they will fight with City for a place. Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs... I think all these teams are better than United
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #386 on: January 15, 2017, 06:15:59 pm »
Coutinho is just majestic eh. He's still not fully fit but as soon as he comes on Utd shat themselves each time he got the ball. Should have rightfully got an assist too if Firmino finished that.

You are not wrong. The moment he came on that first pass was sublime. Once he gets his match fitness back, he will be like a new player to us. That's why despite today I refuse to be downhearted at all.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #387 on: January 15, 2017, 06:16:05 pm »
I think we have to be realistic with our expectations too. We are five points from sixth, and seven from top so to be fair we need to make sure we do enough to keep the teams below us at bay and then if we can do anything further then that will take care of its self but it's a real tough top six this.

Err... no. We need to look at the fact that we have 10 homes in the last 17 and have played most of the difficult aways. We are getting our best players back and have a decent run in. Fuck who's below us. Let's close this out and win the league.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: January 15, 2017, 06:16:29 pm »
Was following on the NBC stream and the main commentator was in fact a bit of a twat. Le Saux (who was the co-commentator) had a nice dig right at the end when he said "Well, further proof that it takes two teams to play football" after the other guy said for the umpteenth time how "disappointing" the Anfield fixture was.

Le Saux's dig there was great I have to say.

Man United bailed out by the refs as usual.  We had to do a lot of back-to-the-walls defending but considering the injuries to the back 4, it was fairly solid.  Looked dangerous in attack as well but unfortunately missing that killer instinct.  Gini did so well to get in good positions but had weak efforts.

Frustrating it's only a point after leading for the good part of an hour, but it was a good performance in the circumstances.

Beat Swansea and Chelsea and it's on.

Let's see how we handle the cups also.

Oh, and Pogba should've been off.  Hopefully he's banned retroactively, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
King Kenny.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: January 15, 2017, 06:16:37 pm »
I thought we did very well. ManU is much better now than last time.

Nah they aren't. The difference is their games were officiated fairly at the start of the season, now theres a huge, huge push to get them back in the CL and it shows with their recent run.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: January 15, 2017, 06:16:57 pm »

He was atrocious on Wednesday, he did well today.

No obvious mistakes, decent passing, hard work, some nice touches. Only that header he mistimed to give them an easy corner springs to mind as anything he did 'atrociously'.

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #392 on: January 15, 2017, 06:17:06 pm »
Their goal had a sense of inevitability to it for me. Maybe that's the result of years of pain and misery at old trafford though
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #393 on: January 15, 2017, 06:17:09 pm »
The fact it feels like a defeat says it all really. Cant fault the effort of the lads at all, just wanted a bit more pace going forward, but maybe thats the amount of games catching up with us.

Normally wont blame the ref but fook me, he was absolutely appalling. Nothing given to the granny shagger and nothing for Pogbas assault on Henderson.

Finally...... Martin Tyler, you silly old c*nt, why dont you go and pull down that big nosed fookers shorts and start sucking his cock, you know thats what you really want.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #394 on: January 15, 2017, 06:17:12 pm »
Arsenal 3-4 Liverpool
Spurs 1-1 Liverpool
Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool
Liverpool 0-0 Man Utd
Liverpool 1-0 Man City
Man Utd 1-1 Liverpool

Offer me that at the start of every season and I'll take it. Hasn't turned out to be good enough to really make ourselves a big challenger due to Chelsea brushing everyone aside, but left ourselves well placed. Need Matip back and Senegal out of the ACoN asap.

The real part of the season begins now. Ten home games to come including Chelsea lets see where we are, once we despatch them.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #395 on: January 15, 2017, 06:17:20 pm »

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]
Can was fine. He set Wijnaldum up twice, for instance.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: January 15, 2017, 06:17:34 pm »
Err... no. We need to look at the fact that we have 10 homes in the last 17 and have played most of the difficult aways. We are getting our best players back and have a decent run in. Fuck who's below us. Let's close this out and win the league.

I think we'll keep our unbeaten run at Anfield going until at least the end of the season, whilst most of the aways should be winnable.

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #397 on: January 15, 2017, 06:17:36 pm »
Our fans singing "Fergie's right, your fans are shite"
Their lot respond with "the S*n was right, you're murderers"

A bit of banter and there they go with their classic songs. Also enjoyed the whole stadium belting out the old 'always the victim'
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #398 on: January 15, 2017, 06:17:39 pm »
I completely forgot about Mane!!

So no Clyne, Matip or Mane. Hendo rushed back, Coutinho on the bench. And some of you want to slag off individuals? Get to fuck.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: January 15, 2017, 06:17:48 pm »
Just seen a decent interview from Mourinho, gobsmacked.