Author Topic: Manchester Utd vs Liverpool Prematch thread (Sun Jan 15, 4pm)  (Read 87094 times)

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
Re: Manchester Utd vs Liverpool Prematch thread (Sun Jan 15, 4pm)
« Reply #440 on: January 13, 2017, 05:28:00 pm »
Just been on red cafe lot of them saying they would be happy with draw. Has Zlatan been passed fit anyone ?

Aye, apparently he will start.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #441 on: January 13, 2017, 05:30:37 pm »
need more like you mate

And less like him.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #442 on: January 13, 2017, 05:41:16 pm »
They suck the mancs and their fans off to fit in. Vomit inducing.

Why on earth are there Reds on RedCafe bar for trolling purposes? Horrible, toxic website.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #443 on: January 13, 2017, 05:44:37 pm »
Has Zlatan been passed fit anyone ?

There was never anything up with him in the first place.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: January 13, 2017, 05:58:44 pm »
Will take a draw right now.  Man U are in amazing form and we have injuries I think.

Not looking forward to this.
Man United are in amazing form  ???

six game winning streak mostly against dud teams aided by refs is amazing form, amazing form is what Real Madrid are currently doing going 40 games undefeated.

United are on a good little run, which has kept them in sixth place and even if they beat us they will still be sixth.

Chelsea just won 14 league games in a row, United have to keep this run going for a while longer before you can say it's amazing form.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 06:02:33 pm by Greatness »

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: January 13, 2017, 05:59:54 pm »
Will take a draw right now.  Man U are in amazing form and we have injuries I think.

You're not fooling anyone in here, you know. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Oliverorourke

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #446 on: January 13, 2017, 06:03:33 pm »
Henderson is back hopefully Matip will he he's a monster at the back

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #447 on: January 13, 2017, 06:08:52 pm »
They suck the mancs and their fans off to fit in. Vomit inducing.

No they don't - they offer a different opinion to LFC than a lot of the shite talked about our club on there and fight our corner.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #448 on: January 13, 2017, 06:25:26 pm »
Just been on red cafe lot of them saying they would be happy with draw. Has Zlatan been passed fit anyone ?

Passed fit? He was "sick" cough cough sniffle sniffle.

Nothing a good lie down wouldn't cure.

Offline Bill Lacey

• Main Stander
  • With a Liver bird upon my chest
« Reply #449 on: January 13, 2017, 06:32:05 pm »
I'd start Matip if there is any chance he'll play. He has to start playing again somewhere so why not at OT? It's not like Zlatan has pace, it'll more of a physical battle. Lovren is so much better with Matip leading the back line.

As for Origi, as little as Sturridge has offered of late, he's been head and shoulders above Origi. I've been so frustrated with Divock this season, it's like he has regressed. When we've needed an outlet up front he has been poor, getting muscled off the ball too easily and giving up possession putting us under pressure. Sturridge for me all day long, even if it's coming in from the right.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: January 13, 2017, 06:37:29 pm »
If Coutinho, Henderson and Matip start then I'd be very confident we can get a result. Klavan really worries me if he gets the nod again.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: January 13, 2017, 06:53:43 pm »
We are indeed wearing the cursed toxic thunder kit.

Shame because the black kit is infinitely nicer aesthetically

Arsed which we wear but what makes you say that have you seen it somewhere?

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #452 on: January 13, 2017, 06:56:00 pm »
If Coutinho, Henderson and Matip start then I'd be very confident we can get a result. Klavan really worries me if he gets the nod again.

I'll feel so much more confident if I see those 3 names on the team sheet. Particularly Henderson, he makes our midfield work.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #453 on: January 13, 2017, 06:59:24 pm »
It seems like an eternity ago, but the visit to Old Trafford in the league last year was one of the most gutless performances I have seen. It was just a complete abomination of any sort of plan. Of course, Klopp wasn't in charge then and the approach will be very different this time. I both look forward to and dread this fixture at the same time. It just seems to have a very dark ring to it, and the games are often very cagey and cautious. The fear factor seems to go off the charts because you don't want to lose to them. But Klopp's record in big matches is really impressive so I'm confident the team will turn up ready to fight.

They've won 9 games in a row, which in isolation is impressive. However, the only decent team they've beaten in that stretch is Spurs at home. That was before Spurs turned in to world beaters again, and they also had 60% possession but couldn't do anything with it. We did not play well at Southampton and it's not even the fact that Mane isn't here. We just didn't particularly do anything well. It could just be a one-off but it didn't seem to click at all. The defence looked rugged and we were badly missing creativity. However, the last thing that United probably needed is for Coutinho and Henderson to come back in to our first 11. Those 2 are in the top 4 best players for us this season, the other 2 being Mane and Lallana. So, that is a massive boost for us. Because without those 2 the results have been kind of patchy. Henderson in the middle of the park is absolutely crucial for us and I'm much more confident if both him and Coutinho start.

Hendo, Gini and Lallana back in the middle. Coutinho, Firmino and Sturridge up front for me. Sturridge, although he was very poor on Wednesday, still represents the best chance to score for us. Whether he starts or not I don't know.  If Matip can't go then it's a big game for Klavan. He's blown very hot and cold, and it's strange because any mistake he makes at the back seems to get punished (Burnley, Bournemouth, Southampton). Big game needed from him.

The thing is that we are a better team than them. Now is the perfect stage to show it and if we could somehow win here it would be a massive statement. It isn't a ground we particularly do well at and if we didn't get the 3 points and Chelsea dropped more points at Leicester we'd further kick ourselves. We need to lay it all on the line here, and I'm sure Klopp would have lit a fire under their arses after Southampton. If we play to our maximum abilities we can definitely win the game. If we make stupid mistakes we will get punished. It's the same as every game really, we're the better team but we need to prove it. Just need to stay 100% concentrated and control the game in the midfield. A few chances will surely come our way and we need to be lethal.
YWNA

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: January 13, 2017, 07:01:45 pm »
We are indeed wearing the cursed toxic thunder kit.

Shame because the black kit is infinitely nicer aesthetically
Who cares what we wear as long as we come away having taken the points and shut them up.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: January 13, 2017, 07:06:17 pm »
I'll feel so much more confident if I see those 3 names on the team sheet. Particularly Henderson, he makes our midfield work.

This a 100%

Hendos ability to receive and pass quickly really gets us moving.

Watching Emre and Lucas turn like the titanic is painful, they seem completely unable to ping quick passes forward to our danger men resulting in us being slow as shit in the last few games.

A Joe Allen would be a godsend Sunday if Jordan's not fit. I totally understand the reason he left but we should have got someone in of similar ability to set a quick tempo.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: January 13, 2017, 07:13:10 pm »
This a 100%

Hendos ability to receive and pass quickly really gets us moving.

Watching Emre and Lucas turn like the titanic is painful, they seem completely unable to ping quick passes forward to our danger men resulting in us being slow as shit in the last few games.

A Joe Allen would be a godsend Sunday if Jordan's not fit. I totally understand the reason he left but we should have got someone in of similar ability to set a quick tempo.

Lucas is very good at pinging quick passes forward, he  was the only one trying that against Southampton. He is not as mobile as he was but he  sees play develop in front of him and anticipates well, apart from being decent in the air. The fact that Jurgen wants him to stay is evidence of his usefulness both on and off the pitch.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #457 on: January 13, 2017, 07:29:00 pm »
would love to feel confident about this but never do when we play them. Was trying to think when was the last time we had a 0-0 at their place.

I imagine maureen will try to stifle again and maybe pick us off. Just don't think it is in his nature to go full gung ho. We play better when the opposition is more open but I imagine he will try and keep it tight.

Too hard to guess what the result might be, but the only thing I do know is that I will be shitting it.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #458 on: January 13, 2017, 07:29:40 pm »

You are not a Liverpool fan.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline asim173

• Main Stander
« Reply #459 on: January 13, 2017, 07:37:46 pm »
Definitely need Henderson back, if he's not fit enough to start then I think Lucas should go into that holding role, Can hasn't been playing well.
Coutinho Firmino Origi up top for me.
Sturridge does tend to hold onto the ball for too long sometimes/slow the play down, that plays into Utd's hands too much, they'll want that.

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #460 on: January 13, 2017, 07:47:42 pm »
Klopp has only lost one game against the top 6 since he came, and that was a smash and grab by united at Anfield. A win here will set a beautiful tone for the rest of the campaign and avenge that defeat. This team usually step up in games like this so I'm reasonably confident

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: January 13, 2017, 07:49:08 pm »
Chelsea might just implode if the Costa news is true. Might put more emphasis on this game.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #462 on: January 13, 2017, 07:49:49 pm »
Had a dream that we were two-up inside the first 10 minutes.  Must be true so I'm going with a 2-5 final to us. :D 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 10:23:15 pm by exiledintheUSA »
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: January 13, 2017, 08:00:41 pm »
Has anyone actually watched united and can honestly say they were impressed ? I've seen them recently and they are bang average .....Bang fucking average ....If we get hold of the ball and play the way we can , we could walk away from there with a two or three goal win without question ....maureeno knows it, many of their fans know it .....We just have to make sure we perform .....I think we'll win by the way

I've seen them a few times and they haven't been that impressive. Picking up wins of course and that's the name of the game but hardly been scintillating. Seems a case of more their individual quality is leading to wins against midtable sides more than anything else. It doesn't hurt that they've also been lucky to escape a few red cards and offside decisions too.

Following the football news and reading this place recently, one would think we're a 6th place team with bang average players and FSG being shite going to a title chasing side this Sunday. I don't know if Eeyore posts on RAWK but I wouldn't be surprised if he does.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: January 13, 2017, 08:02:12 pm »
Had a dream that we we're two-up inside the first 10 minutes.  Must be true so I'm going with a 2-5 final to us. :D 

Was thinking it would be nice if Rooney breaks Man Utd's all time goalscoring record on Sunday. A late consolation to reduce their loss to only 5-1 would be perfect.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Joe Allens chicken

• got roasted
  • Main Stander
« Reply #465 on: January 13, 2017, 08:05:36 pm »
Chelsea's title bid took a massive hit today. Come on Liverpool, smash these manc c*nts and put the pressure on Chelsea even more!

Out of the players who were injured, Henderson is the one I want back the most. We've looked pathetic in midfield since he's been injured and we can't afford it against these twats. I'd love Matip to play too but Klavan seems to do well in big matches and against big strikers.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: January 13, 2017, 08:08:52 pm »
You're not fooling anyone in here, you know.
Regardless of what the fella is saying, an away point at a top team is decent

Offline IndianKopite

• Anny Roader
  • Liverpool 4ever!!!
« Reply #467 on: January 13, 2017, 08:09:32 pm »
Just checked...seems Liverpool have lost all five of the last five matches against Man United
I know most of them were under Rodgers but I would take a draw right, just to maintain some momentum.

Online naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: January 13, 2017, 08:12:34 pm »
Chelsea band wagon falling
Jeez Leicester to do them Saturday night
I fancy a minimum of 1 point on Sunday

Fancy Sturridge to start
With firmini and coutinho either side
Midfield picks itself with Henderson back
And Simon goes back into goals .

Really can't see us losing so let's move forward.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #469 on: January 13, 2017, 08:12:44 pm »
Just checked...seems Liverpool have lost all five of the last five matches against Man United
I know most of them were under Rodgers but I would take a draw right, just to maintain some momentum.

We drew 1-1 with them in the EL at OT and beat them at Anfield last season in the EL.

We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #470 on: January 13, 2017, 08:13:27 pm »
If its at Old Trafford, we won in 2014

If its at both grounds, we drew earlier in the season

If its all competitions, we drew and won in the EL last season

Offline dudek05

• Main Stander
« Reply #471 on: January 13, 2017, 08:17:08 pm »

Wasn't our last game a nil, nil draw against them

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #472 on: January 13, 2017, 08:17:22 pm »
Just checked...seems Liverpool have lost all five of the last five matches against Man UnitedI know most of them were under Rodgers but I would take a draw right, just to maintain some momentum.

Cool story.

I just checked, and I've dated Mila Kunis and Kelly Brook.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #473 on: January 13, 2017, 08:17:42 pm »
I wish some of you had a bit more belief in Jurgen Klopp and his squad. I get that we haven't been at our scintillating best, but we are still good enough to beat these if Henderson and Coutinho play.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #474 on: January 13, 2017, 08:20:04 pm »
Right, so how does that affect this game?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: January 13, 2017, 08:22:30 pm »
Chelsea band wagon falling
Jeez Leicester to do them Saturday night
I fancy a minimum of 1 point on Sunday

Fancy Sturridge to start
With firmini and coutinho either side
Midfield picks itself with Henderson back
And Simon goes back into goals .

Really can't see us losing so let's move forward.

cant see that catching on mate.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #476 on: January 13, 2017, 08:24:29 pm »
I wish some of you had a bit more belief in Jurgen Klopp and his squad. I get that we haven't been at our scintillating best, but we are still good enough to beat these if Henderson and Coutinho play.

I'm option 3 - those that flap and have lost all their big match temprament and suffer with PMT and have to shove a big quilted cushion up their hoop to absorb all the fret. 
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: January 13, 2017, 08:25:22 pm »
cant see that catching on mate.

Have to sing it to hey jude mate
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #478 on: January 13, 2017, 08:25:52 pm »
We're gonna win lads and lasses ......i know we are ......enjoy the game 😊

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #479 on: January 13, 2017, 08:27:03 pm »
These c*nts have to attack at Old Trafford, unlike that disgusting performance at Anfield. They always come to Anfield looking for a point, and when we go to old trafford we boss them. Its happened numerous times in the past decade. The 4-1, the 3-0, the europa league (missed sitters) etc. You gotta also look at Klopps record against Mourinho, and this teams response after losses this season. Winning run after Burnley, and unbeaten in the league after Bournemouth. People that are dreading this game probably haven't been following Liverpool for long. We have all to play for with Diego Costa falling out of favor with Conte, and playing them on the 31st. Don't think were just gonna roll over for these, were going to Manchester with 3 points on our minds.
Seen us win everything