Author Topic: Question Time.  (Read 86778 times)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
Re: Question Time.
« Reply #560 on: March 23, 2018, 09:31:05 am »
https://t.co/PPUdC25z45

Some comments from someone far more qualified to talk about this

https://twitter.com/kyleworton/status/974637712937553920?s=21

I can see no evidence in his Tweets that this self-appointed 'expert' Kyle Orton is any more qualified to talk about the issue - indeed his Tweets reek of desperately trying to reinforce his particular position.

Whilst Jones may overdo the hyperbole about how progressive Kurdish society can be, there's no doubt it's more progressive than most of the Islam-based cultures in that region. And let's not fall into the trap of thinking every Kurd or Kurdish fighter is a PKK 'terrorist'. The Peshmerga have been faithful and effective allies in the fight against IS and other Islamist nutjobs.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/12/opinions/worlds-most-progressive-democracy-born-dont-let-turkey-strange-it-opinion-gupta/index.html
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-nazand-begikhani/kurdish-women-rights-fight_b_6205076.html

Erdogan is an Islamist despot, who is forcing the poison of increased conservative Islamisation onto a secular country, who is systematically eliminating political opponents, closing down any non-mouthpiece media outlet, imprisoning and firing/blacklisting tens of thousands of ordinary Turks for supposed support of a political rival. He's dragging a flawed but western-looking secular democracy downwards into the cesspit of Islamic repression.

The hell his forces have been unleashing on Kurdish-controlled areas is akin to that delivered by Assad forces. The latter is rightly universally condemned, but this Kyle Orton (and by implied extension yourself) appears to be supporting the murder of Kurdish people by Turkish forces.

https://news.sky.com/story/war-in-syria-thousands-flee-as-dozens-killed-in-eastern-ghouta-and-afrin-11292580

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #561 on: March 23, 2018, 09:31:06 am »
That was such a crap Question Time. Looks like young people in Leeds are a bunch of knobs.

The audience made the panel look vaguely competent.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #562 on: March 23, 2018, 10:18:35 am »
They made me buy straight/curved*, cucumbers/bananas/carrots**, they made us give up pounds, shillings and pence*** and they stopped us drinking pints, buying petrol in gallons and driving in miles per hour****

*can't remember which was the one to get upset about.
**see above
***2 years before joining the EU
****no they didn't

Exactly...
Believer

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #563 on: March 23, 2018, 11:48:35 am »
I know a couple of people who voted brexit for these ‘take back control’ reasons. Best thing to ask them is ‘how did being in the EU adversely affect you personally?’ Ties them up in knots...
What do they want control of exactly?
Borders, ok you want to leave the EU to take back complete control of our borders, what about the WTO, they also dictate the rules on our borders as well so why arent the Tories arguing to leave the WTO as well.
Unelected bureaucrats. look up the word bureaucrat, civil servants basically, since when did you elect a civil servant,
Unelected Commissioners. appointed by our government, same as our trade negotiators, appointed to the position because our government believe they are the most capable person to fight for our best interests.
Immigration, blame our governments for not enforcing our powers to control immigration.
We know we are just swapping the immegration we have now for immigrants from places like India.
I keep hearing we should have a points based system like Australia, we do have a points based system like Australia, Australia are asking us to relax the criteria as they think it's far too strict.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 11:54:23 am by oldfordie »
Chris Bryant

It feels as if the major from Fawlty Towers has taken over the Tory campaign.
10:42 PM · May 25, 2024
·

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #564 on: March 23, 2018, 12:14:47 pm »
To my horror i agreed with not all but a few of Peter Hitchens comments, especially his comments on the Russian question.

Felt dirty after that though.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: April 11, 2018, 08:09:47 pm »
Not intending to initiate a political chat but to let people know QT is in Liverpool tomorrow and Barry Gardiner is one of the panellists, which is convinient for him.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: April 11, 2018, 08:27:56 pm »
Not intending to initiate a political chat but to let people know QT is in Liverpool tomorrow and Barry Gardiner is one of the panellists, which is convinient for him.
bollocks

Online CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: April 12, 2018, 10:25:28 pm »
Kate Andrews always gets my back up without fail.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: April 12, 2018, 10:29:42 pm »
This gon be good.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #569 on: April 12, 2018, 10:54:46 pm »
Interested to hear how many scouse accents there are  ;D
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: April 12, 2018, 11:32:00 pm »
Kate Andrews always gets my back up without fail.
think she’s been good today, esp on the anti Semitism and bringing up chakrabatis peerage and that dick Ken loach

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: April 12, 2018, 11:39:32 pm »
Interested to hear how many scouse accents there are  ;D

Not many

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #572 on: April 12, 2018, 11:43:36 pm »
Didnt realise there was so many Tories in Liverpool I guess that explains the Labour thread.

They bused in someone from Salisbury to attack Labour.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 12:11:25 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: April 12, 2018, 11:48:40 pm »
Didnt realise there was so many Tories in Liverpool I guess that explains the Labour thread.

Yeah Alan,myself & the others that thought you talk shite just love the Tories.

You have nothing so you make stupid allegations.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: April 12, 2018, 11:51:01 pm »
Don't get this one locked, you two.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #575 on: April 13, 2018, 12:00:14 am »
Not watched tonight but Kate Andrews on again, what a fucking joke
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #576 on: April 13, 2018, 12:57:36 am »

Online stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
Question time
« Reply #577 on: February 21, 2019, 06:37:52 pm »
Couldn’t fin this anywhere or I’m a lazy feck.  John Barnes on tonight.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: March 13, 2019, 11:22:28 am »
except for the one with digger i havent manage to watch a whole program since Dimblebot left. She gives the toty by her side too much leeway to dominate the show from the little i have seen.

And some of the guests are the same 'pass the chair on to me 'misfits 
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Online CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: March 14, 2019, 11:11:05 pm »
I remember why I let my viewership drop out.  How does Harpy-Brewer get on there so often?
My Twitter

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #580 on: March 14, 2019, 11:23:47 pm »
She lacks the gene which enables shame. It's a rare gift.

Only really watching because they're putting an academic on and to see what sort of response that gets when they set out pure facts stripped of politics.

edit: this is reality being set out (twitter video) - https://twitter.com/bbcquestiontime/status/1106336310745284609

« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 11:33:18 pm by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: March 15, 2019, 07:33:11 am »
Fiona Bruce is fucking terrible. What is with all the jokes?

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #582 on: March 15, 2019, 08:36:06 am »
Fiona Bruce is fucking terrible. What is with all the jokes?

I think it's nervous laughter as she has now realised she's out of her depth.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: March 15, 2019, 09:45:19 am »
I remember why I let my viewership drop out.  How does Harpy-Brewer get on there so often?

Also are they running out of Tories James Cleverley seems to be the go to guy lately.  Harpy is so far up her own arse its quite funny to watch her these days.  It is also getting easier to spot the Tory/UKIP plants in the audience. 

Have to say i like Clive Lewis, performs well and had the measure of the Tory mouthpiece.

One thing i have noticed obviously we live in strange times but we get only three questions now if we are lucky and sadly Fiona buts in to the discussion far more then dimbledot ever did, he could summise a situation with caustic wit one liners.

Somebody should tell her she is a facilliator not an interviewer,  its not newsnight.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #584 on: March 15, 2019, 10:35:12 am »
Was in Ealing last night, the borough as a whole was 60% remain, think I’m right in saying that the constituency where they filmed last night was 70% remain but didn’t feel like that from the audience. Empty vessels make the most noise and all that but still didn’t feel very representative.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: March 15, 2019, 10:39:16 am »
Was in Ealing last night, the borough as a whole was 60% remain, think I’m right in saying that the constituency where they filmed last night was 70% remain but didn’t feel like that from the audience. Empty vessels make the most noise and all that but still didn’t feel very representative.

My understanding is that they try to balance put Leave and Remain even in areas where they may not be an equal split. So in london they wont reflect the split in the constituency.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #586 on: March 15, 2019, 10:51:47 am »
Also are they running out of Tories James Cleverley seems to be the go to guy lately.  Harpy is so far up her own arse its quite funny to watch her these days.  It is also getting easier to spot the Tory/UKIP plants in the audience. 

Have to say i like Clive Lewis, performs well and had the measure of the Tory mouthpiece.

One thing i have noticed obviously we live in strange times but we get only three questions now if we are lucky and sadly Fiona buts in to the discussion far more then dimbledot ever did, he could summise a situation with caustic wit one liners.

Somebody should tell her she is a facilliator not an interviewer,  its not newsnight.

Ha, yeah, Cleverley is among the last of the senior Tories who are decent on tv that are loyal to May. Rory Stewart is possibly the only other one?

Agree with you about Clive. Think he's a positive voice on the EU who can see the value in it.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #587 on: March 15, 2019, 09:20:56 pm »

Not just Cleverly, Hartley-Brewer or Oakshot seem to be on there every few weeks, but on a small positive Frottage is no longer a weekly fixture at least.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: March 15, 2019, 09:38:39 pm »
Not just Cleverly, Hartley-Brewer or Oakshot seem to be on there every few weeks, but on a small positive Frottage is no longer a weekly fixture at least.

And Katie Hopkins seems to have disappeared up her own arse, thank the old gods and the new.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #589 on: March 15, 2019, 09:41:59 pm »
I've always loved the BBC, but since 2010 it's increasingly become a Tory Party mouthpiece, its news editorial team and overall management packed with former Young Conservatives. Following the Referendum, it is a joke, one of the biggest cheerleaders for Brexit. Especially May's vision of Brexit. QT packs its audiences with Brexit supporters; if it's accidental, it's an accident that happens every sodding week.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: March 15, 2019, 09:54:57 pm »
I've always loved the BBC, but since 2010 it's increasingly become a Tory Party mouthpiece, its news editorial team and overall management packed with former Young Conservatives. Following the Referendum, it is a joke, one of the biggest cheerleaders for Brexit. Especially May's vision of Brexit. QT packs its audiences with Brexit supporters; if it's accidental, it's an accident that happens every sodding week.

The producer of Question time is a Britain First supporter who repeatedly invites the same UKIP member (and former candidate) onto the show as a audience member almost every time the show comes to Scotland (and gets to speak or ask a question most times as well).

I love the BBC in many ways but it's news and current affairs output is disgraceful. It's taken the Brexit referendum to open the eyes to people down south what has been clear to Scottish independence supporters for years.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: March 15, 2019, 10:32:08 pm »
And Katie Hopkins seems to have disappeared up her own arse, thank the old gods and the new.

The various libel cases she lost pretty much did it for her.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: March 16, 2019, 08:22:24 am »
The producer of Question time is a Britain First supporter who repeatedly invites the same UKIP member (and former candidate) onto the show as a audience member almost every time the show comes to Scotland (and gets to speak or ask a question most times as well).

I love the BBC in many ways but it's news and current affairs output is disgraceful. It's taken the Brexit referendum to open the eyes to people down south what has been clear to Scottish independence supporters for years.

Much of the organisations staff that work in London are Tories. Thats not to say they are not impartial at work, but it if you do want to work there you have to be able to work with Tories all day long.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: March 16, 2019, 08:51:58 am »
Much of the organisations staff that work in London are Tories. Thats not to say they are not impartial at work, but it if you do want to work there you have to be able to work with Tories all day long.

Out of interest how many BBC staff do you know?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: March 16, 2019, 10:35:18 am »
Out of interest how many BBC staff do you know?

I knew 4 people who worked for the Beeb. They told me about the Beeb’s make up.

Its hardly a surprise. The Beeb was one of those organisations which was popular for nepotisim.

Its different in Salford though apparently.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: March 16, 2019, 10:38:42 am »
I knew 4 people who worked for the Beeb. They told me about the Beeb’s make up.

Its hardly a surprise. The Beeb was one of those organisations which was popular for nepotisim.

Its different in Salford though apparently.

So 4 out of 20,000 then. :D

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: March 16, 2019, 10:45:55 am »
So 4 out of 20,000 then. :D

Of course, my opinion is anecdotal and based on what people I trust told me.

But like I said, its not a question of impartiality. From what I was told the staff bend over backwards to be impartial.

That said, it was still full of Tories and still had a problem of having people from a certain background, which is an issue many news and media outlets have.

Previous DG’s though have said that the Beeb are heavily influenced by the Daily Mail and the producer of QT supporting Britain First does raise some issues but people are allowed to have their own beliefs.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: March 16, 2019, 10:46:46 am »
Half my extended family on my dad's side work for the BBC, both in Glasgow and London. If nothing else, the nepotism is rife....

Online CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: March 16, 2019, 04:55:47 pm »
Don't think I'm remembering wrong anyway but wasn't there reports a few years ago coming from the then-Tory government that, as a national broadcaster, that the reports the BBC produced weren't as nationalistic as they liked, or that the slant on the reporting wasn't as supportive of the incumbent government.
My Twitter

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: March 16, 2019, 05:13:23 pm »

That’s most places, 40% of the population voted Tory last Time around. It’s not exactly had to find the bastards!
Thinking is overrated.