Author Topic: Ben Woodburn.  (Read 133398 times)

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: Ben Woodburn.
« Reply #840 on: November 14, 2017, 08:18:25 pm »

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #841 on: November 14, 2017, 10:04:49 pm »
what way is that?

Youth. If you were used to seeing David Edwards represent your country, you wouldn't ask

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #842 on: November 14, 2017, 10:14:30 pm »
Youth. If you were used to seeing David Edwards represent your country, you wouldn't ask

I am used to that :D

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #843 on: December 5, 2017, 10:24:32 am »
Ben Woodburn voted Wales Young Sportsman of the Year  8)

Getting his award presented by his boss, in yer typical Kloppo way  ;D

https://twitter.com/BBCSportWales/status/937959976013877248

Offline WisconsinRed

• Special: but only in his very own.....special.....way!
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #844 on: December 5, 2017, 01:00:22 pm »
Well done Ben. Well deserved.

Offline VanWatch

• Kemlynite
« Reply #845 on: February 21, 2018, 05:20:52 pm »
Took this from a post in the audio/video thead.

'Ben Woodburn goal on 12 mins - https://streamable.com/84xg9

Camacho goal for Liverpool on 78 mins - https://streamable.com/ghyfh'

Anyone else think both the header, loosing his man and the finish... And the brilliant hold up play/assist for the Camacho goal remind you of Firmino?

This boys gona be class in a few years studying him

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #846 on: February 21, 2018, 06:47:50 pm »
I thought we'd see a bit more of Woodburn this season. Hopefully we're just saving him for the match winner, coming off the bench in the Champions League Final!

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #847 on: February 22, 2018, 08:24:43 am »
Took this from a post in the audio/video thead.

'Ben Woodburn goal on 12 mins - https://streamable.com/84xg9

Camacho goal for Liverpool on 78 mins - https://streamable.com/ghyfh'

Anyone else think both the header, loosing his man and the finish... And the brilliant hold up play/assist for the Camacho goal remind you of Firmino?

This boys gona be class in a few years studying him
Two lovely goals there. I agree, Woodburn did really well in the build up to the Camacho goal.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #848 on: April 12, 2018, 07:41:14 pm »
Interested to hear whether folks on here think Woodburn will be loaned out next season or given more game time in the first team?

He needs to play more first team footy next year, that's for sure.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #849 on: April 12, 2018, 07:59:30 pm »
Interested to hear whether folks on here think Woodburn will be loaned out next season or given more game time in the first team?

Should be loaned with Curtis Jones moving in to his role in the first team (training at melwood full time and getting minutes if we need him) if we're not going to give him serious minutes.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #850 on: April 12, 2018, 08:30:05 pm »
Should be loaned with Curtis Jones moving in to his role in the first team (training at melwood full time and getting minutes if we need him) if we're not going to give him serious minutes.

Nah I think he’ll become more involved next season with us and I don’t think he’ll be loaned.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #851 on: April 12, 2018, 09:08:04 pm »

Wilson will get minutes next season which pretty much takes away any chance of Woodburn getting game time, so it'll be him going out on loan instead I reckon

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #852 on: April 12, 2018, 09:19:38 pm »
Expect him to feature off the bench at least during the run-in, especially considering injuries, CL, and if top 4 is secured.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #853 on: April 12, 2018, 10:05:42 pm »
I hope so. One thing I'd like to see us do more of is start bringing on young players like Woodburn (and what the hell, Wilson and Grujic) next season in games where we're two or three up after 60 or 70 minutes. Getting game time is one thing but being able to play alongside the rest of the team, alongside Champions League players, will be invaluable in their progression.

One thing you have to give to the Mancs is that they've never been afraid to do that and it generally pays off, just as it did for Gomez and TAA, who are far better players than they would have been if they'd stayed in the U23's or gone on loan to, say, the Championship or a foreign league.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #854 on: April 13, 2018, 01:25:22 am »
Expect him to feature off the bench at least during the run-in, especially considering injuries, CL, and if top 4 is secured.

My hope is that, similar to Ojo in 2015/16, he relies on the youth to get us through the end of the league season while saving his key players legs for the European games.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
Give It Woody!
« Reply #855 on: April 25, 2018, 06:43:20 pm »
With news that Chamberlain won't play again this season, that leaves us with a midfield three of Gini, Milly & Hilly (sorry, but it has to rhyme or my OCD would fuck me up).

I have no doubt that trio can win any midfield battle against whoever we face in the champions league and unleash the three in front of them to run amok on what poor, unsuspecting bastard gets picked to play in defence against them. However, in the three remaining league games we could use someone to come in, take some minutes off their tired legs and maybe even add some much needed flair, guile, vision and an eye for a long range shot to the mix.

Step forward Woody! See it fucking works. That's why Grujic & Ejaria were shipped off on loan. Why we signed Naby.

This kid joined the push for World Cup qualification late this time for Wales. When he did though, he never looked out of place next to Bale et al. In fact arguably he was one of their best on the pitch. He came on against Austria to make his senior debut in a boring affair deadlocked 0-0 and decided to just go ahead and score a fucking screamer from 25 yards because drawing games is shite.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LFF2rxK3mXo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LFF2rxK3mXo</a>

Wales then decided to also get bogged down in a 0-0 draw with Maldova in their next match only for them to once again call on Woody (fuck you, I like Woody. It stays!) off the bench once more to come on and set up the opening and winning goal for Robson-Kanu.

Unfortunately his batman-like levels of heroism weren't enough to get Wales to the World Cup in Russia. But he showed enough with his just 75 minutes on the pitch in their entire campaign to suggest that his age is irrelevant. He is ready, willing and able to be the man who steps up to the be that inspirational spark when we need it. We can trust him. He won't let us down.

So don't fret if Klopp decides to put some faith in the kids to get us out of this injury crisis. Woody Woody Woodburn (sorry, you are right, this is getting silly now) has shown us that the kids are alright!
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/napQlJVbYUM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/napQlJVbYUM</a>

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
    • X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd
Re: Give It Woody!
« Reply #856 on: April 25, 2018, 07:04:21 pm »
Would love to see him get a chance. On to score the Champions League Winner anyone?

Can see us maybe pushing Trent into midfield too with Clyne slotting in.
"Believe you are the best, then make sure that you are." - Shankly

X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd - https://x.com/TheLiverNerd

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #857 on: April 25, 2018, 07:16:51 pm »
He has to get some minutes.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #858 on: April 25, 2018, 07:21:47 pm »
Would like to see him get a chance. He has been training with the first team all season, so I'd like to see what he has learned. He was a bit out of his depth last season (tenacious, but off the pace). I'd like to know if can dominate the midfield at the PL level now, and won't be disappointed if he comes up short. He can certainly do it for the youth and U-23s.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 07:29:29 pm by wemmick »

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #859 on: April 25, 2018, 07:25:46 pm »
Prefer to play him instead of Trent to midfield.....if only to give the lad some rest

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #860 on: April 25, 2018, 07:29:33 pm »
Would love to see him get a chance. On to score the Champions League Winner anyone?

Can see us maybe pushing Trent into midfield too with Clyne slotting in.

Ljinders played a 3-4-3 at U18 level with Trent as the #6 and Woodburn as a #10.

We are probably not far off that given the depth we have in midfield right now. Maybe Albie LM, Gini #6, Trenty RM and give Milly and Hendy the night off. :D

In all seriousness, I think any 2 from last night with Woodburn in front of them would be an interesting prospect. I would rather rest TAA than play him in midfield. Wouldn't be against it though if needs must. Boy has talent for days and would do a great job there I am sure.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #861 on: April 25, 2018, 07:43:17 pm »
Trent would never have reached the level he's at now if it wasn't for Clyne's injury. I fell in love with Ox as a player this season and am devastated for his misfortune but it  could be blessing in disguise for Woody to get some minutes and stake his claim. It would be a travesty if we blocked his path instead of gambling a bit on his talent to succeed.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #862 on: April 25, 2018, 08:05:01 pm »
Not to rain on the parade here but how has his season been because I can't remember him kicking a ball in anger for the first team (I may be wrong here) ? I thought he'd been ill or injured (??) recently as well. Is there anybody with a read on his form and fitness ? Secondly we all saw just how being a few % off affected Dings, Klavan, Moreno and Gomez last week (probably collectively rusty, not match fit).
If Woody has no first team minutes in him as well as patchy minutes at u23's then (sorry) I doubt Klopp will start him. Might be a closing 20 vs Stoke tho'?

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #863 on: April 25, 2018, 08:12:12 pm »
Not to rain on the parade here but how has his season been because I can't remember him kicking a ball in anger for the first team (I may be wrong here) ? I thought he'd been ill or injured (??) recently as well. Is there anybody with a read on his form and fitness ? Secondly we all saw just how being a few % off affected Dings, Klavan, Moreno and Gomez last week (probably collectively rusty, not match fit).
If Woody has no first team minutes in him as well as patchy minutes at u23's then (sorry) I doubt Klopp will start him. Might be a closing 20 vs Stoke tho'?

He was ill; think it was what Wijnaldum and Klavan had where they both lost a little bit of weight while they were out.

It did seem to knock a bit out of him but he looks back up to speed with the Under-23's now.

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #864 on: April 25, 2018, 08:12:26 pm »
Woodburn will most likely be part of the team now with the injury of Ox.

However, I would still favor to play TAA in midfield with Gomez as a right back, rather than play Woodburn in such important games...

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #865 on: April 25, 2018, 08:14:26 pm »
Play him and Trent in midfield against Stoke with Hendo in there.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #866 on: April 25, 2018, 08:17:04 pm »

Played in the EFL cup, the UEFA U19 as captain for Gerrard and in the U23's this season. Not to mention he has broken into the Wales squad this season. Had a back strain a while ago that kept him out for a bit but he has been back a while now. Saw him against Everton U23 recently and he looked good.

That's all I know without digging into google.

All kids start somewhere though. At some point they are needed/wanted for minutes by the manager and how much football they have played in the first team at that point doesn't matter - they are kids. Whatever the number, it will be small, if anything. Not saying he should start in the league between now and the end of the season, just that it's a real possibility now he will play and my message, more than anything, is to have belief in him if he does and not fret that he looks 18 going on 12. Because he is fucking awesome :)

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #867 on: April 25, 2018, 08:48:02 pm »
We should play Woodburn this weekend. Let him start. I'd be cautious if it was the second leg vs Roma, but against Stoke we should trust him. We have to trust our most promising young players. And we have good reason to do it. Think about TAA this season. Or from the past, what about Gomez? Sterling? Ibe? Ojo? Stewart? Suso? We get anything from a decent performance to some great stuff, but we almost never get a dreadful contribution.

The reason I'd hesitate against Roma is that the stakes are higher. If we want a young player to take part there, we should have included him before.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #868 on: April 26, 2018, 12:36:58 pm »
Klopp has wood

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #869 on: April 26, 2018, 12:47:33 pm »

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #870 on: April 26, 2018, 12:48:37 pm »
Jurgen, use your wood, Jurgen Jurgen use your wood!

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #871 on: April 26, 2018, 01:01:19 pm »
Plymouth in the FA Cup last year he more or less played wing back in the 2nd half and didn't look out of place. What really struck me that game was how much he clearly understands the game - I feel you could play him in any position and he would have a clear concept of what he's meant to be doing and where he needs to be - he is a highly intelligent player. Wouldn't have any worries in seeing line-up in midfield for us.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #872 on: April 26, 2018, 01:25:38 pm »
Plymouth in the FA Cup last year he more or less played wing back in the 2nd half and didn't look out of place. What really struck me that game was how much he clearly understands the game - I feel you could play him in any position and he would have a clear concept of what he's meant to be doing and where he needs to be - he is a highly intelligent player. Wouldn't have any worries in seeing line-up in midfield for us.

That is the most exciting thing for me about the kids coming through now.

For me, we always had physically and technically capable kids coming through. However they would struggle at pro level unless they were ridiculous talents as the tactical side of their game was under developed. Hence the huge battle Rafa put himself into to have control over the players we develop. The difference Rafa made to Gerrard  is clear to see in terms of both visually and statistically once he arrived. Gerrard has even said as much himself.

That has clearly changed though. The kids I see in the academy now are at a great level, tactically. The aren't succeeding because they are faster, stronger, taller and more powerful than other academies, they are better tactically now too. And the huge plus here will be that our strike rate with kids breaking through should be better now. I mean, it is still an uphill task to get into the 18 man squad of Liverpool every week for anybody. But no longer will we be looking around the top 5 leagues in teh world and struggling to even find a handful of players who came through this academy.

Offline koppper

• Berrg
  • Kopite
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
« Reply #873 on: April 26, 2018, 02:58:35 pm »
See him getting some games very soon. Anyone seen him play in the past month? Is he deffo in the Champion's League squad in case we need him?
My postillion has been struck by lightning

I am the berrgman

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #874 on: April 26, 2018, 03:20:44 pm »
Must be starting in midfield on Saturday, should be some big opportunities for him in the coming weeks.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #875 on: April 26, 2018, 03:36:14 pm »
See him getting some games very soon. Anyone seen him play in the past month? Is he deffo in the Champion's League squad in case we need him?

He was on the bench for the 2nd leg against City.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #876 on: March 16, 2021, 09:53:54 am »
Just done some brief research.

Now 21 years old and only played 48 first team professional games across 5 seasons.

Odd career so far and possibly shows the perils of coming through at an elite club. Had he, for example, come through at a lower league side you feel he'd have played a lot more first team football and be a more accomplished player.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #877 on: March 16, 2021, 12:21:06 pm »
Just done some brief research.

Now 21 years old and only played 48 first team professional games across 5 seasons.

Odd career so far and possibly shows the perils of coming through at an elite club. Had he, for example, come through at a lower league side you feel he'd have played a lot more first team football and be a more accomplished player.

I think he has had some unlucky loans as well as being injured at key times, you'd hope he managed to go on to have a decent career though. I suspect it won't be with us, but at least we will always have the Leeds cup game to remember him by.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #878 on: March 16, 2021, 12:22:12 pm »
I think he has had some unlucky loans as well as being injured at key times, you'd hope he managed to go on to have a decent career though. I suspect it won't be with us, but at least we will always have the Leeds cup game to remember him by.

For sure - hopefully we can get a decent fee.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #879 on: March 16, 2021, 12:23:50 pm »
For sure - hopefully we can get a decent fee.
The fact he's still on Liverpool's books may indicate that a good fee has been tricky to land.