Author Topic: Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker / The Mandalorian / The Clone Wars  (Read 229868 times)

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Star Wars: Rogue One / Rebels / Episode 8 - NO SPOILERS UNTIL I HAVE SEEN IT
« Reply #240 on: December 16, 2016, 07:42:22 pm »
The Episode VIII trailer must be due soon, less than a year to its release now. Would guess early in the new year as the Rogue One hype begins to die down.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
Re: Star Wars: Rogue One / Rebels / Episode 8 - NO SPOILERS UNTIL I HAVE SEEN IT
« Reply #241 on: December 16, 2016, 08:25:20 pm »
Vaders suit must age terribly in the instant between this and New Hope. He'd have deffo cut up Alec Guinness on this form.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
« Reply #242 on: December 16, 2016, 11:36:51 pm »
Vaders suit must age terribly in the instant between this and New Hope. He'd have deffo cut up Alec Guinness on this form.

Haha my buddy said he thought Vader's helmet wasn't shiny enough in this movie.

I really enjoyed it. Another fun Star Wars installment, which for me, makes it 2 in 2 with the Disney films.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 11:39:10 pm by Salty Dog »
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #243 on: December 17, 2016, 12:09:23 am »
The Episode VIII trailer must be due soon, less than a year to its release now. Would guess early in the new year as the Rogue One hype begins to die down.

Probably looking at a teaser in April - I think Kathleen Kennedy said sometime 'heading into Spring' speaking to the BBC - http://www.jedinews.co.uk/film-music-tv/articles/kathleen-kennedy-speaks-bbc-episode-viii-han-solo-movie/#647594

Celebration 2017 will likely have a fair amount of stuff/hype/info for it - taking place mid-April - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2xQ0JI2v0U :)

The Han Solo film starts shooting in February - ready for release in late 2018.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 12:22:47 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #244 on: December 17, 2016, 11:47:13 am »
It's fucking boss. It's up there....
We are Liverpool!

Online WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: December 18, 2016, 09:10:47 am »
Finally seeing it today!

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #246 on: December 18, 2016, 03:20:31 pm »
Deleted this post, sorry boys posted in non spoiler by accident. Very very sorry.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 05:01:57 pm by Tonyh8su »

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #247 on: December 18, 2016, 03:42:10 pm »

2.5/5

I don't think that was Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory mate -
Spoiler
if you're on about the K-2S0 robot (the tall reprogrammed Imperial droid who is Cassian's sidekick), that is played by Alan Tudyk (of Firefly & Dollhouse fame) - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0876138/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1
[close]

I don't think SP or others may be too happy reading spoilers about the film in the 'NO SPOILERS UNTIL I HAVE SEEN IT' thread - you may want to spoiler that? :wave
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 03:43:46 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: December 18, 2016, 04:13:16 pm »
Enjoyed it, better than the force awakens for me.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #249 on: December 18, 2016, 04:36:47 pm »
8 out of 10

Needed more force and light sabres. Grown up Star Wars! Excellent ;)

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #250 on: December 18, 2016, 04:44:06 pm »
8 out of 10

Needed more force and light sabres. Grown up Star Wars! Excellent ;)
Back on the block, ay. ;)  :wave
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #252 on: December 18, 2016, 05:03:47 pm »
I don't think that was Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory mate -
Spoiler
if you're on about the K-2S0 robot (the tall reprogrammed Imperial droid who is Cassian's sidekick), that is played by Alan Tudyk (of Firefly & Dollhouse fame) - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0876138/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1
[close]

I don't think SP or others may be too happy reading spoilers about the film in the 'NO SPOILERS UNTIL I HAVE SEEN IT' thread - you may want to spoiler that? :wave

I know mate I just realised I posted it in the non spoiler thread by accident. that's what happens when you get up on a Sunday morning and start posting on the internet. I hope nobody saw it other than yourself who had obviously seen it. Just deleted it.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #253 on: December 18, 2016, 05:26:50 pm »
Strictly speaking I have now seen it, but common courtesy should still prevail.

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #254 on: December 18, 2016, 09:19:37 pm »
Just back. Brilliant addition to the series. I honestly would rate it third after ANH and Empire.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #255 on: December 19, 2016, 10:51:14 am »
Saw it twice over the weekend - second viewing was even better.

Would love for them to do a R-Rated Vader film of him hunting down all the Jedi - I know it'll never happen, but it'd be much more entertaining than a Boba Fett film
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: December 19, 2016, 04:53:29 pm »
I'm off the watch the IMAX and 5.30pm, should be out just in time for the derby.  ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #257 on: December 21, 2016, 03:40:40 am »
Is there any info out on VIII aside from release date?

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #258 on: December 21, 2016, 04:40:52 am »
Is there any info out on VIII aside from release date?

As in spoilers, etc? Not sure about cast, but IMDB has a rundown of who's in it, not sure if any are confirmed.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527336/

Rian Johnson is the director.
We are Liverpool!

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #259 on: December 22, 2016, 10:40:58 am »
Went to see Rogue One yesterday afternoon with wifey.
She liked it, but just not too sure myself.
While it certainly wasn't bad and I thought the look and feel seemed quite faithful and many of the visuals looked great, there just seemed a bit of a paint by numbers inclusion of characters and references to other more recent films.
I'm not saying it wasn't entertaining and I'd love to be able to really enthuse, but I was left a little underwhelmed by it all.
Usually after seeing a picture, on the way back home we'd discuss the story and various scenes, but discussion about the film was minimal last night.
If this had been the very first film, I'm not sure it would have spawned any sequels.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: December 22, 2016, 01:34:22 pm »
My lad has embraced being 18 and knocked his old dad back to a lads night watching Star Wars to go on the piss with his mates.

He's just texted me and said fuck it, lets go see Star Wars.  So booked us in for a 20:45 3D IMAX showing for tonight at the Trafford centre.

Cant wait I'm so excited!!!

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #261 on: December 22, 2016, 01:42:07 pm »
My lad has embraced being 18 and knocked his old dad back to a lads night watching Star Wars to go on the piss with his mates.

He's just texted me and said fuck it, lets go see Star Wars.  So booked us in for a 20:45 3D IMAX showing for tonight at the Trafford centre.

Cant wait I'm so excited!!!
IMAX is the way to go!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: December 22, 2016, 02:18:49 pm »
IMAX is the way to go!

Fuck yeah I love IMAX. The sound is incredible isn't it.  I am guessing this movie will be heavy on lasers and explosions.

The IMAX prices are eye-watering like but sod it, its Christmas!!

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #263 on: December 26, 2016, 03:57:06 pm »

ebay challenge a DIY nut enthusiast to build an AT-ACT...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BOm7I-cxVpg?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BOm7I-cxVpg?fs=1</a>

Building your own AT-ACT for your back garden...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sE1mr8iCvA8?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sE1mr8iCvA8?fs=1</a>

how they built it...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/t8IYwnXgAj4?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/t8IYwnXgAj4?fs=1</a>

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #264 on: December 27, 2016, 07:57:04 pm »
So what do you do when you find out as an adult, that your ma has thrown away your complete star wars collection?. Buy it again of course, only this time, leave all the packs sealed!About 120 mainly sealed vintage Stars wars action figures up for grabs, but has to be all in one go, to fund a drum kit good enough to record an album for a lad and his band (I will not profit from the sale of these, I just like the band).
rest in peace Carrie, at least five sealed different models of her.
27 items in this box, five boxes like this altogether. I have 240 pics in total, not including any of the ones in this box (i.e. I photographed all the other items except this box full as the light was falling.
Looking for offers around Ł500, plenty of Ł20 to Ł50 items I would have thought in amongst it all, lots of limited editions, all long out of print.. Will make a donation as directed by the mods if it sells from the mention here, not listed anywhere else yet.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 08:04:04 pm by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: December 27, 2016, 08:29:56 pm »
Episode 8 is listed as "post production" on IMDB.  Does that mean Carrie Fisher will still feature in it?

Popcorn's Art

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #266 on: December 27, 2016, 08:40:39 pm »
Episode 8 is listed as "post production" on IMDB.  Does that mean Carrie Fisher will still feature in it?

Yes they have said she will still star in it still.

but I wonder if they will film extra scenes to deal with her death they were saying she was going to appear in the 3rd film.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: December 27, 2016, 08:46:47 pm »
Well I don't think a CG Leia would be appropriate for Ep 9.  They may rewrite the script to have her die off screen, or utilise unused footage from Eps 7 and 8 in some way.

Popcorn's Art

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: December 27, 2016, 09:22:50 pm »
Not long back from watching it. I had a blast, thought it was brilliant. The only slight down side to it, and it is only a minor quibble, is trying to explain to two young lads, who aren't Star Wars geeks like my generation, the timeline of when it is set compared to the other movies. We all get it, but with the original movies, the prequels and now the next three ongoing movies I can understand why they were a bit confused at some of the plot.

As a one off movie though, it stands up fine and is well worth a watch and only confirms once and for all that Darth Vader is one of the best characters ever in movie history. No matter the age of the people around me today, when that music hit, you could sense the menace in the air. Magical.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #269 on: December 27, 2016, 11:26:09 pm »

Those aren't vintage, and you have very bad timing/very poor taste.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #270 on: December 28, 2016, 04:47:21 pm »

Post production means they have completed shooting and are now doing the effects, editing and so on. So any scenes featuring Leia will have been shot already.

They may decide to kill off the character, but I would expect that decision to be left until episode IX, as a sign of respect. The alternatives would be recasting, which seems unlikely, or doing the CGI thing again. We're talking about three years from now, of course, so it might be less "uncanny valley" than the job they did on Cushing, but I would prefer not to see that in this case.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: December 29, 2016, 09:52:44 am »
Post production means they have completed shooting and are now doing the effects, editing and so on. So any scenes featuring Leia will have been shot already.

They may decide to kill off the character, but I would expect that decision to be left until episode IX, as a sign of respect. The alternatives would be recasting, which seems unlikely, or doing the CGI thing again. We're talking about three years from now, of course, so it might be less "uncanny valley" than the job they did on Cushing, but I would prefer not to see that in this case.

I don't think they will CGI Carrie.  Peter Cushing died more than 20 years ago.  Asking the current crop of SW actors to work with a CGI ready stand in after working with Carrier herself would be in poor taste imo.

They can't do any reshoots with her obviously, so whatever material they have they have to use.  I imagine they may re-write the end of Ep 8, or plant something that will be followed up in Ep 9.

Popcorn's Art

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #272 on: December 29, 2016, 07:09:20 pm »
Those aren't vintage, and you have very bad timing/very poor taste.
They are 90s figures and the 90s are 20 years ago, some posters were not even born then, and I am not profiting from the sale. Poor taste my arse, I offered to sell these to help a band out more than a month ago.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 07:15:10 pm by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #273 on: December 29, 2016, 07:20:37 pm »
While it certainly wasn't bad and I thought the look and feel seemed quite faithful and many of the visuals looked great, there just seemed a bit of a paint by numbers inclusion of characters and references to other more recent films.
I'm not saying it wasn't entertaining and I'd love to be able to really enthuse, but I was left a little underwhelmed by it all.
Usually after seeing a picture, on the way back home we'd discuss the story and various scenes, but discussion about the film was minimal last night.
If this had been the very first film, I'm not sure it would have spawned any sequels.

Spot on. Exactly how i felt
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: December 29, 2016, 08:28:39 pm »
They are 90s figures and the 90s are 20 years ago, some posters were not even born then, and I am not profiting from the sale. Poor taste my arse, I offered to sell these to help a band out more than a month ago.

That still doesn't make them vintage,. Vintage Star Wars is merchandise produced in the 1970's and early 1980's.

And I truly apologise. I must have miss your previous post where you were offering to sell these. But do consider sticking them up on here when it was obvious Carrie Fisher's condition was grave, and specifically mentioning how many Leia's there are to be poor taste. Different perspectives, eh.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
Embarrassed as a massive star wars fan to have only just seen this. I didnt rush out to see this one as it wasnt a proper "episode" but I thought it was brilliant. A busy christmas period stopped me from going sooner at least thats what I'll tell myself. Star wars is in good hands with disney. This film alters thoughts I have had on the originals and answers some questions
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!

I agree. Except I'd go a step further and say that it was such a box ticking exercise that it didn't flow very well from one scene to the next. There was an opportunity to tell an original story here, but I think the screenwriters and director felt too much tied down by the legacy of what came before (and what's to come). In a way it felt a bit like Avengers 2, where the weight of setting up the franchise grossly limited the story the creators of the film felt like they could tell, because that movie was responsible for setting up the entire next arc of the franchise.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Trailer for second half of Rebels - Season 3:

https://youtu.be/upN-7ALj2OU

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
<a href="https://youtu.be/wTJ3DSNP6Dg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtu.be/wTJ3DSNP6Dg</a>

He remains fantastic.

SP, can you have mercy and restore my name to recognise his greatness.