Author Topic: THE BEATLES - 8 Days/Week & GET BACK (page 2 onwards)  (Read 28943 times)

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
Re: THE BEATLES - 8 Days/Week & GET BACK (page 2 onwards)
« Reply #320 on: November 4, 2023, 02:13:15 pm »
I think it was always going to get mixed reviews. The track itself is almost like an album filler. Real Love and Free as a Bird are better imo.

For all the critics expecting it to sound peak Beatles then they were always going to be disappointed. I think it's a good track considering 2 of the members have been dead for sometime.

I'm a huge Beatles fan and I'm super glad they're as popular now as they were back then.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: November 4, 2023, 02:22:04 pm »
I've loved hearing the song and the story behind it, but wow, that 'video' is bad (IMHO)
Looks like it was knocked up on an iphone on his lunch break.
All that technology and footage to play with and hes just badly cut out some old footage and slapped it on some new stuff like some GCSE art project.
What a waste of an opportunity.

The video didn't do it for me either although it's a visual reminder of how the clock is ticking and should cherish the Beatles we have left. Love the song.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #322 on: November 4, 2023, 02:44:36 pm »
I've loved hearing the song and the story behind it, but wow, that 'video' is bad (IMHO)
Looks like it was knocked up on an iphone on his lunch break.
All that technology and footage to play with and hes just badly cut out some old footage and slapped it on some new stuff like some GCSE art project.
What a waste of an opportunity.

Just watched it on me 4K telly eating chilli soup

Isolated your comment as I see what you mean but seems a bit strong. This video makes some cliche stylistic choices (probably deliberately as why not just do whatever you want when it's the Beatles?) but "badly cut out old footage" and "GCSE art project"... wasn't that bad

Sheeesh :D

Nahh. Solid ***1/2 from me

Song is a grower, the video was lovely. Arresting. I think the Free as a Bird video is tremendous if a bit too fan-friendly and probably better than the song. Here, the song is better, but the video hits all the emotional marks it should

I'll be watching it again for sure

This isn't amateur, yes I can tell it's fake but it's quite the image

John would have loved the idea of AI.
He was always asking George Martin to make his voice sound different. "Tomorrow Never Knows"

Possibly. Love that I can't think of anything to make me disagree with the notion

Paul was the proper arty one innit but the Beatles were always pushing the envelope

Reassuring at this late wild age to think that said envelope is still being pushed by the same people
« Last Edit: November 4, 2023, 02:51:03 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #323 on: November 4, 2023, 08:40:50 pm »
Beatles and the BBC on 2 at the moment.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: November 5, 2023, 12:23:46 am »
Have way overthought how, when, and where I should listen to this 🤣

Still not listened to it, was planning on doing so tonight but have had a few too many beers so not going to.

How do you listen to the last Beatles song? Do you go straight to it? Or do you listen to a few songs spread across their career first?

Listen to it by yourself or share the moment with the Mrs? Play it once and have a think about it, or put it on repeat?

Help!

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #325 on: November 5, 2023, 12:37:41 am »
I know AI was used to strip out the vocals from the music to create this track, but do others feel this is opening the door for AI to be used to create new music? If, so what does that mean to the future of musicians? And more importantly innovation in creating new music?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: November 5, 2023, 09:34:36 am »
Have way overthought how, when, and where I should listen to this 🤣

Still not listened to it, was planning on doing so tonight but have had a few too many beers so not going to.

How do you listen to the last Beatles song? Do you go straight to it? Or do you listen to a few songs spread across their career first?

Listen to it by yourself or share the moment with the Mrs? Play it once and have a think about it, or put it on repeat?

Help!

It's the last song on this show. I've been saving it as well.

Just watched this, what a superb song, Your Mother Should Know is.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: November 5, 2023, 10:24:58 am »
Saw end of that and how the BBC and Beatles is intertwined or something. Odd they did some performances to empty theatres and the audience was imposed afterwards. Didn't know that ;D

Offline butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #328 on: November 5, 2023, 11:30:16 am »
I know AI was used to strip out the vocals from the music to create this track, but do others feel this is opening the door for AI to be used to create new music? If, so what does that mean to the future of musicians? And more importantly innovation in creating new music?

I think the term “AI” is used as a catch all for a plethora of wildly different technologies. In terms of music, the tech used to strip John’s voice from the tape, I consider ‘gods mixing desk’ in effect. It’s just restoring what’s already there, and I think that’s fine.

As for using AI to create new music, I feel that’s a bit of a misnomer that we should look to make plain from the start. Art is an inherently human thing. AI can’t create, it doesn’t have awareness, consciousness. It’s just a facsimile.

Whether that’ll be enough to save us from the masses conflating the two and leading us down that path, I’m not sure.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: November 5, 2023, 08:37:17 pm »
Having seen the video, I'm assuming the younger Beatles goofing around are a mix of old footage and actors wearing deep fake? I would have preferred to see a bit more - sombre isn't the right word - but more of them looking like they're playing together. I don't mind it really though, as John was a bit of a goofball/dickhead ;D

A part of me would like to see a version of this with the four (well, two) of them digitally aged to what they might have looked like in the early 2000s, as if they'd got back together for real. That's probably going down the dangerous AI road though.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: November 5, 2023, 08:47:14 pm »
I think the term “AI” is used as a catch all for a plethora of wildly different technologies. In terms of music, the tech used to strip John’s voice from the tape, I consider ‘gods mixing desk’ in effect. It’s just restoring what’s already there, and I think that’s fine.

As for using AI to create new music, I feel that’s a bit of a misnomer that we should look to make plain from the start. Art is an inherently human thing. AI can’t create, it doesn’t have awareness, consciousness. It’s just a facsimile.

Whether that’ll be enough to save us from the masses conflating the two and leading us down that path, I’m not sure.

I noted this from the Wiki article on the song:

Prior to the 2023 release, the only officially available recording of the song was from Lennon's original demo. In February 2009, the same version of Lennon's recording was released on a bootleg CD, taken from a different source, with none of the "buzz" which hampered the Beatles' recording of the song in 1995.

Jackson's production company WingNut Films was confirmed to isolate instruments, vocals, and individual conversations utilising its audio restoration technology. The neural network, called MAL (machine-assisted learning) – named after the Beatles' road manager Mal Evans, and as a pun to HAL 9000 of 2001: A Space Odyssey – was first used for the 2021 documentary The Beatles: Get Back, and later for the 2022 mix of Revolver, based directly on four-track master tapes.

WingNut applied the same technique to Lennon's home recording of "Now and Then", while preserving the clarity of his vocal performance separated from the piano The studio worked on a digital copy of the original tape provided by Sean Lennon, which was of much better quality than the third-generation copy that the three surviving Beatles had used in 1995.

Seems they had a much better quality version of the demo this time around, which probably made things easier. But I doubt you could ever AI wholly "new" Beatles' songs; because no matter how good AI gets, I doubt it come imitate the quirks of individual human personalities and creativity. Let's not forget just how much the Beatle's pushed the boundaries of technology in their day, taking over entire studios. Some of what they did and how they utilised what they had was simply breathtaking. I'd very much doubt I'd live to see that king of instinctive human response being duplicated by a machine. Frankly, I hope it never happens.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: November 8, 2023, 08:16:23 am »
A bit of a dirge but not the worst Beatles song see Wild Honey Pie for that accolade. In terms of unfinished Lennon songs that they could have tackled instead, Grow Old with Me and Help me to Help Myself are much better songs.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: November 8, 2023, 08:47:59 am »
A bit of a dirge but not the worst Beatles song see Wild Honey Pie for that accolade. In terms of unfinished Lennon songs that they could have tackled instead, Grow Old with Me and Help me to Help Myself are much better songs.

Dirge
/dəːdʒ/
noun
noun: dirge; plural noun: dirges

a lament for the dead, especially one forming part of a funeral rite.

;) Weirdly apt word here

Personally I'm made up Now and Then isn't a happy song. It has gravity

Wild Honey Pie is banging, although mainly in its full context as part of the White Album

Baby You're a Rich Man, or You Know My Name (Look Up the Number) are probably my least fav
« Last Edit: November 8, 2023, 08:51:10 am by ToneLa »

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: November 8, 2023, 08:58:38 am »

Yes, it's more accurately "machine learning / analysis", in my experiments it seems to just seek instrument by frequency with sometimes imperfect results. AI is bandied about too much I think. It's a tool, really, tool-assisted mix analysis.

Yeah agreed. I hope but do believe human endeavour really shines above all else. If a machine managed to hit the emotional spot with no context beyond that, wouldn't it feel a bit disconnected? I'd listen to it like, cause I dunno.

Part of what you see in the Beatles story is the warmness towards their characters, them as people, living breathing artists (which is the most important thing to me - they were NOT god-given talents, they were talented scruffy lads who worked like mad to get a highly competent sound and honed it and off they went - it was 98% perspiration, and I'm only knocking it 1% lower as the genius is so staggering and that replaces it)

Just to be really cliché there's a bit in Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four where Winston hears a "prole" woman doing her washing and singing an AI-generated song, and that's written like the first time he finds it beautiful - her hanging her washing, belting it out, making it human. To me, that seems a nuanced and realistic observation.

You'll get yer nerds who jizz at the pure tech side but music is a holy form of communication. For as long as humans need to communicate in this way - which is always - music will be driven by humanity.

I mean I've seen a lot of the same arguments about electronic music, EDM, trance, drum machines or whathaveyou. Or look at Dylan going electric. When it all comes down to it these are stylistic choices done for artistic effect. The end result, whatever the instrument, even if it's not directly the artist's full intent, should speak for itself, and represent the human choice of it. If someone made a song where they did nothing but press a button and everything else was done for them, I'd see that as artistic choice - indeed, to be generous I would wonder the part of luck, for them to get that composition in that moment. And if no human was involved, would we remain interested past novelty?

I find Aphex Twin's music supremely human. Easily as much, as, say, Creedence. Because of the craft, and the intent. These AI tools will reach that sphere. With the Beatles' use they already have. I won't even say I dislike autotune - I hate the lazy, poorly-done autotune a lot of tracks reach for seemingly out of habit or formula. (I'm much more arsed by the loudness war, and what I'm mixing at the moment is a direct opposite to this. I'll straight up point to it when it's out.)

It'll get overused like autotune or whatever but of course but the absolute best - that is to say, successful in terms of conveying feeling / intent - music will as ever speak for itself and transcend a fad.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2023, 09:12:01 am by ToneLa »

Offline butchersdog

• Kopite
« Reply #334 on: November 8, 2023, 10:17:39 am »
Yes, it's more accurately "machine learning / analysis", in my experiments it seems to just seek instrument by frequency with sometimes imperfect results. AI is bandied about too much I think. It's a tool, really, tool-assisted mix analysis.

Yeah agreed. I hope but do believe human endeavour really shines above all else. If a machine managed to hit the emotional spot with no context beyond that, wouldn't it feel a bit disconnected? I'd listen to it like, cause I dunno.

Part of what you see in the Beatles story is the warmness towards their characters, them as people, living breathing artists (which is the most important thing to me - they were NOT god-given talents, they were talented scruffy lads who worked like mad to get a highly competent sound and honed it and off they went - it was 98% perspiration, and I'm only knocking it 1% lower as the genius is so staggering and that replaces it)

Just to be really cliché there's a bit in Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four where Winston hears a "prole" woman doing her washing and singing an AI-generated song, and that's written like the first time he finds it beautiful - her hanging her washing, belting it out, making it human. To me, that seems a nuanced and realistic observation.

You'll get yer nerds who jizz at the pure tech side but music is a holy form of communication. For as long as humans need to communicate in this way - which is always - music will be driven by humanity.

I mean I've seen a lot of the same arguments about electronic music, EDM, trance, drum machines or whathaveyou. Or look at Dylan going electric. When it all comes down to it these are stylistic choices done for artistic effect. The end result, whatever the instrument, even if it's not directly the artist's full intent, should speak for itself, and represent the human choice of it. If someone made a song where they did nothing but press a button and everything else was done for them, I'd see that as artistic choice - indeed, to be generous I would wonder the part of luck, for them to get that composition in that moment. And if no human was involved, would we remain interested past novelty?

I find Aphex Twin's music supremely human. Easily as much, as, say, Creedence. Because of the craft, and the intent. These AI tools will reach that sphere. With the Beatles' use they already have. I won't even say I dislike autotune - I hate the lazy, poorly-done autotune a lot of tracks reach for seemingly out of habit or formula. (I'm much more arsed by the loudness war, and what I'm mixing at the moment is a direct opposite to this. I'll straight up point to it when it's out.)

It'll get overused like autotune or whatever but of course but the absolute best - that is to say, successful in terms of conveying feeling / intent - music will as ever speak for itself and transcend a fad.

Thanks for the detailed reply Tone. I mostly agree with your sentiments, although I think our definitions of compositional intent are likely a little different. I wouldn’t see pushing a button as in any way artistic. While there are forms of music that are ‘simpler’ than others, or require less traditional musical knowledge, as things stand the necessity for tangible human input into the creative process is still there. If we’re literally talking about pushing a button to generate music, that in my view no more artistic than me pushing a button on my toaster - it’s more what I would term ‘content creation’, and even that does a bit of a disservice to the graphic designers etc who actually do this for a living. To borrow another literary reference, it feels like the ultimate distillation of soma for the masses. I think where the line is in terms of AI and art ultimately comes back to what our definition of an ‘AI Tool’ is, and what purpose it serves in the creative process.

The comparison of AI generated music to Dylan going electric feels like a little bit of a false equivalence. We’ve had electronic music since at least the 30s, I don’t personally think the inclusion of electronics is problematic, nor new developments in instrumentation or technology - if others have argued these things incorrectly in the past, that shouldn’t conflate the current AI debate with musical puritanism or suggest luddite inference. It’s the reduction of the human to simply pressing a button that is a problem. If that in and of itself isn’t necessary (i.e you could automate this, the button is just part of a Heath Robinson process to make us feel involved) then where is the human creative element?

We also already have music based upon aleatoric elements/luck, like John Cage’s music. Though I personally think his work is still music, in my opinion he stretches the definition as far as we can go. In my opinion, the crucial difference between what he has done, and an AI ‘push button’ scenario, is the artistic statement. I don’t think ‘cookie cutter’ content generation using AI for mass consumption is comparable to something like 4’33, which is a borderline philosophical, abstract, and thought provoking artistic (and human) work. The nihilist in me believes the former will simply be used to replace actual music written by people (capitalism etc).

Your 1984 reference is quite thought provoking, in terms of injecting the generated music with humanity. It feels a little analogous to the whole high/low art romantic folk music debate, but ultimately that (like every other musical movement in history) has involved human compositional intent. A moment of pathos within a broader dystopia doesn’t seem like a good place to be artistically.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2023, 07:09:58 pm by butchersdog »

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #335 on: November 8, 2023, 09:52:34 pm »
I get all the AI haters, but this was John's voice, be it enhanced by AI, Paul's bass, and vocals. George's guitar and Ringo's drums.
There's no way they could have used John's demo cassette without AI making it clearer.

We got to hear probably it looks like the last Beatle record anyway.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2023, 10:02:28 pm by Terry de Niro »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: November 8, 2023, 10:27:41 pm »
It's all over SiriusXM now - and I like it more and more.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: November 10, 2023, 07:47:54 am »
IOU a reply butchersdawg

Listenin to Red on Apple Music. Twist and Shout is great

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #338 on: November 10, 2023, 07:58:55 am »
I know it’s had mixed reviews, but I think the song is beautiful and I found the video really moving and felt quite emotional to be honest.

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #339 on: November 10, 2023, 05:52:23 pm »
The Beatles back at number one after 54 years since their last. https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/beatles-now-then-number-1-song-record/

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #340 on: November 10, 2023, 06:09:21 pm »
I find it insipid and very forgettable.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: November 10, 2023, 07:50:36 pm »
Really enjoyed the 2023 mixes on Red and Blue

Perfect stereo at last for the early songs. Blue is much lighter on 2023 mixes cause the later albums got the treatment

And they're setting records still. Great day for the Beatles

I find it insipid and very forgettable.

What, the Beatles career? errr

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #342 on: November 10, 2023, 08:45:28 pm »
Really enjoyed the 2023 mixes on Red and Blue

Perfect stereo at last for the early songs. Blue is much lighter on 2023 mixes cause the later albums got the treatment

And they're setting records still. Great day for the Beatles

What, the Beatles career? errr

:o

Of course not. This latest song. Thought that would have been obvious.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #343 on: November 10, 2023, 08:50:47 pm »
I can understand why people would be underwhelmed by Now and Then as it's a slow Beatles song. But the more I listen to it the more it begin to love it.
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: November 10, 2023, 09:09:45 pm »
It's a good song but I still place it behind the other two "new ones". For me, Real Love -> Free as a Bird -> Now and Then
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #345 on: November 10, 2023, 09:21:55 pm »
I can understand why people would be underwhelmed by Now and Then as it's a slow Beatles song. But the more I listen to it the more it begin to love it.

That's how it often is with Beatles records I find. I still haven't heard this so I should do it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: November 10, 2023, 11:13:49 pm »
UK number 1 this week, the bands 18th.

So the added bonus now that the bands last UK number 1 is now no longer The Ballad of John and Yoko.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: November 10, 2023, 11:54:41 pm »
It's a John Lennon demo from way back when that probably would have disappeared without a trace, but thankfully it didn't and George, Paul, and Ringo all put more than a little bit of input into this.    :wave
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 11:57:06 pm by Terry de Niro »

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: November 11, 2023, 08:14:06 am »
I recently listened to the demo and it's very much a Lennon song. It's been radically altered (which is usually what happens with demos), and this final cut is most definitely a Beatles record.

It's not just a bit of tweaking around the edges. The Beatles have made it their own.

Popcorn's Art

Offline upthereds1993

• Anny Roader
« Reply #349 on: November 14, 2023, 12:49:46 pm »
Imagine telling someone in 1964 that 59 years from now, The Beatles & The Stones will both have new singles in the charts

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: November 14, 2023, 02:19:19 pm »
Imagine telling someone in 1964 that 59 years from now, The Beatles & The Stones will both have new singles in the charts
Pass me the drugs.

Oh, wait...

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: November 15, 2023, 07:23:57 pm »

It's miles away than a throwaway straight ahead rocker

I like the sombreness of it being a final (or  thereabouts) song. Feels right

And it's definitely a grower. Lennon's vocal notes just keep getting more and more astute compared to that first listen

Offline butchersdog

• Kopite
« Reply #352 on: November 19, 2023, 09:57:35 am »
I bought Red and Blue last week (I’ve not owned them before, just had the albums). To be honest, I’m not impressed with the ‘remix’ treatment Giles Martin has given the tracks. On a positive, it’s nice that the stereo mixes no longer suffer with the separation that’s always plagued Beatles stereo records, but my personal take is that Giles Martin has taken liberties with the source material, making random instruments louder in the mix to the point where it distracts from the song itself. For instance, Paul’s bass on Drive my car is now far too loud in the mix, so too the handclaps on eight days a week. A lot of the tracks now sound.. weird. Day Tripper is particularly awful, it changes the whole character of the track.

I’ll stick with the 2009 mono mixes.. until they release new stereo album masters that are levelled according to the original stereo mixes. Bound to happen.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 09:23:51 am by butchersdog »

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #353 on: November 23, 2023, 11:04:07 am »

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #354 on: November 23, 2023, 01:39:28 pm »
When John talked about a man on a flaming pie telling him he’s a Beatle with an A is the flaming pie he’s talking about a brand of bike? Or is it simply a flaming pie that you eat?

I know Paul’s album has a pie on his album but I’ve always wondered what it was

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: November 23, 2023, 04:06:15 pm »
When John talked about a man on a flaming pie telling him he’s a Beatle with an A is the flaming pie he’s talking about a brand of bike? Or is it simply a flaming pie that you eat?

Probably talking bollocks whilst out of his head or https://davidabedford.com/who-is-the-man-on-the-flaming-pie-how-did-beetles-become-beatles/

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #356 on: November 23, 2023, 04:30:05 pm »

6:23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ylihrF2GE&ab_channel=Paul%E2%80%99sPlace

Great doc by the way of one of my favourite 'Beatles' albums

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #357 on: November 23, 2023, 04:58:57 pm »
Cheers lads. its basically saying what it said in the Anthology vid. So its a pie then. For some reason i always though it was the brand of an old bike. Not that it matters anyway

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: March 4, 2024, 11:54:18 am »
Just finished watching Get Back again.
It is so good.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #359 on: March 4, 2024, 12:45:15 pm »
IFruity loops have just released a new A.I. Mastering and stem isolation program an its been in the works for a while. Ive seen a few other names mentioned over the last few years(I think they cost a mint) an im in the process of buying the fruity loops version as its meant to be brilliant. Ive got hundreds of stems over the years from bands like the beatles so the version they had  mustve been a bit of a mess (im guessing cos its a tape)
Bit of a bonus on this score. Akai are realeasing a Stem separation VST/Plug in for their top end machines for £10 that’ll later be released as standalone. Was meant to be released on the 24th of feb but it’s been put back. Real high end quality separation. Fruity Loops one is nearly £200 and nowhere near as good as this so HURRAH for me ;D

And watch3d that Get Back again around Christmas.^^^^

Quality film. Always makes me laugh when I hear people talking about how they were always arguin etc.  I saw fuck all of that really in it apart from George being a bit arsey with Paul before he walked out cos he didn’t like ‘Get Back’ and said it was rubbish. Johns face was a picture like but there’s fuck all arguin imo especially considering them lads had been around each other for that many years day in day out
« Last Edit: March 4, 2024, 12:46:53 pm by Capon Debaser »