Author Topic: Days Gone [PS4]  (Read 1435 times)

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Days Gone [PS4]
« on: August 23, 2016, 06:47:19 pm »
This looks great :)

Gameplay vid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGej8K1r8KI

Days Gone is an open-world action game set in the high-desert of the Pacific Northwest two years after a mysterious global pandemic has decimated the world, killing most but transforming millions into mindless, feral creatures. Survivors live in a world where resources are scarce, violence and murder are common and Freakers roam the wilderness.

Players face this violent, new world as Deacon St. John, a bounty hunter, a Drifter who lives in the lawless wilderness outside the civilian encampments. Deacon survives by using skills learned before the world ended, riding for the Mongrels MC, an outlawed motorcycle club, where violence and mayhem were part of the riding the open road.

At the center of it all, Days Gone is an exploration of how any of us would react to these harsh conditions, and exploration of loss, love, friendship, revenge and desperation – learning that surviving isn’t living. For Deacon especially, it’s a struggle to ensure that hope never dies.

Developed by Bend Studio, Days Gone is in development exclusively for the PlayStation 4.

KEY FEATURES
•Expansive Open World Action – Exemplifying truly free-form gameplay, Days Gone offers freedom to explore, strategize and play “your way” in the vast high-desert of the Pacific Northwest. The hazardous environments, filled with carved out ridges, mountains, caves, cliffs mines and river basins, deliver a breathtaking backdrop to an equally diverse style of gameplay.

•Emergent Gameplay – Featuring fully explorable environments and dynamic AI enemies, players will rely on their own abilities to strategize, craft weapons and tools, explore the world, and engage in combat. With almost every car, building and environment searchable, Days Gone delivers emergent gameplay possibilities, making a player’s approach to combat and discovery a vital part of the experience.

•Stunning, Dynamic Graphics – Using the power of PlayStation 4 and Unreal Engine 4, Bend Studio has developed a high volume of rendering and gameplay technology to deliver an incredibly realistic open world experience. Realistic weather effects, such as rain, wind, snow and day-night cycles impact the gameplay. The game’s lighting is all real-time and reacts dynamically, the way the human iris does, as players move from one location to the next.

Due end of the year
choose Life.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Days Gone [PS4]
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 07:06:09 pm »
To be honest it reminds me of a few different games. I remember the unveiling as it was last in show at e3. Had a little of tlou about it. Then with the hoard of zombies dying light, l4d etc

Should also say I agree with He
Haemoglobin below. It looks a little cheesy and clichéd gameplay.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 07:40:21 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 07:25:24 pm »
I'm really not sure about this, although I've been wanting a proper, polished open world zombie game for some time.

I hope the shooting-endless-sprinting-hordes thing is a rare occurrence, because I can see it causing annoying performance issues for people, and it was frankly just tiring to watch. Emptying a whole clip on a wave of enemies is one thing, but just basically constantly reloading infinite magazines and holding down trigger for 10 minutes at a tidal wave of rushing enemies looks like a load of arse to me.

Can see the characters being paper-thin and the dialogue cliched as all hell, too. I might be wrong, but I'm getting that vibe.

It's not the non-stop action side of things that appeals to me with this sort of post-apocalyptic setting, it's the creation of atmosphere. I'm sure tearing through the open areas on your two wheels will be boss for that, so I hope it doesn't break that feeling by thrusting you into lengthy gun combat scenarios too often.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 12:12:00 am »
I agree with you, it would get boring quickly if it was just running away from hordes of zombies but i'm thinking it won't be.  Agree also that it's the exploration and searching for things that help you progress not just endless action that makes these appealing.  Lets hope it has a lot of that in it.
choose Life.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 09:16:16 am »
Yes, I would like long periods of (relative) boredom, going about your business, scavenging for food and supplies, and perhaps building or modifying structures to shelter in, along with customising your motorbike. The zombies will be more impactful opponents if its not just constant fending off hundreds of them, I have to say the idea of being able to drive around in this kind of world does add a significant layer of appeal.

Lets hope they do a decent job of what is potentially a decent (if well-worn) scenario.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 10:29:05 am »
Looks fantastic this.  Can't seeing it being released this year tho :(

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 03:18:07 pm »
Not convinced by this at all, the gameplay clip makes the action scenes look really linear, which isn't what I want in a game at all.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 4, 2017, 07:51:03 am »
I think they might have a battle royale version of this game. After the success of pugb and games like fortnite introducing a 100 man battle royale it'd be mad not to think about including one. The setting works and there's already a big scavenging side to the single player by all accounts. You have the motorbike aspect too to get around the map quicker, it's all open world as well.