Author Topic: Ragnar Klavan  (Read 131675 times)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool complete deal to sign Ragnar Klavan
« Reply #760 on: August 18, 2018, 10:47:42 am »
Good riddance to this guy. He was absolutely terrible. Let's be clear, we saw how good Klavan was when he was partnered by another player of his level like Lovren. He was rubbish. Always had a mistake in him as Lovren does too and I was forever biting my fingernails when he played. We must never go after these amateurs again, pay the big money for the Van Dijks instead - he's worth 10 Klavan's.

Sounds more like a reflection on your cowardice rather than Klavan’s ability. And also your ability to spot a good centre half. You think Lovren is the same level, that’s funny.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #761 on: August 18, 2018, 11:07:27 am »
Good riddance to this guy. He was absolutely terrible. Let's be clear, we saw how good Klavan was when he was partnered by another player of his level like Lovren. He was rubbish. Always had a mistake in him as Lovren does too and I was forever biting my fingernails when he played. We must never go after these amateurs again, pay the big money for the Van Dijks instead - he's worth 10 Klavan's.

He was 4th choice CB and did his job, no one wanted him starting week in week out but i'd rather have Klavan's experience in an injury crisis than a youngster whose never been tested in a proper competitive game.

Grow up.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #762 on: August 18, 2018, 11:09:27 am »

VVD is actually worth closer to 16 Klavans if I recall his purchase price correctly.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #763 on: August 18, 2018, 11:21:36 am »

Keep it up mate,you are at 100% for shit posts
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #764 on: August 18, 2018, 11:26:37 am »
VVD is actually worth closer to 16 Klavans if I recall his purchase price correctly.

:) in fairness he was a fantastic piece of business for us... its not easy in this market to find cheap players who can come in as back ups but do well when needed.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #765 on: August 18, 2018, 11:30:55 am »

This is his first post by the way
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Laffin12

• No new LFC topics
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #766 on: August 18, 2018, 11:40:45 am »
This is his first post by the way

Fear not, I'm well used to the abuse. I've been on other LFC forums before where if you dare to have an opinion that isn't mainsteam you are constantly maligned.
A calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence which is very important for good health.
- Dalai Lama

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #767 on: August 18, 2018, 11:44:41 am »
Solidity personnified.

Thought he was great for us all things considered, a typical 7/10 player who could always be counted on to put a shift in when he was needed. 

Wish him the very best of luck in Italy.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: August 18, 2018, 11:45:08 am »
Your maths is terrible. Klavan cost £4m and van Dijk cost £75m so Virgil is actually worth 18.75 Ragnars.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #769 on: August 18, 2018, 11:46:35 am »
Stop responding to the troll, see his post history and you'll see why.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #770 on: August 18, 2018, 11:46:58 am »
Your maths is terrible. Klavan cost £4m and van Dijk cost £75m so Virgil is actually worth 18.75 Ragnars.

ahem....

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #771 on: August 18, 2018, 11:48:45 am »
ahem....
I'll read the thread before posting next time :)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #772 on: August 18, 2018, 11:51:01 am »
Fear not, I'm well used to the abuse. I've been on other LFC forums before where if you dare to have an opinion that isn't mainsteam you are constantly maligned.

Given the start you've had, you might not be here long enough to get used to being constantly maligned. You've had a mare so far. Worse than Lovren v Spurs last season  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: August 18, 2018, 12:12:14 pm »
Hmmm, many LFC sites where your opinion seemed to be at odds with the main.

Cant say I'm THAT surprised to be honest.

I was the only person in step
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #774 on: August 18, 2018, 12:13:47 pm »
Was a very solid player for us. I'm disappointed to see him go. Good luck to him

Offline Laffin12

• No new LFC topics
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #775 on: August 18, 2018, 12:19:01 pm »
Stop responding to the troll, see his post history and you'll see why.

So the manager sells a player that I think is terrible ... and that makes me a troll?
A calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence which is very important for good health.
- Dalai Lama

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #776 on: August 18, 2018, 12:24:35 pm »
So the manager sells a player that I think is terrible ... and that makes me a troll?

I'm talking about your posts in general - incessantly negative from the start, which is common with a lot of trolls we've had.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #777 on: August 18, 2018, 12:32:35 pm »
Was a very solid player for us. I'm disappointed to see him go. Good luck to him

Me too, don't think it's an issue in terms of numbers but it's always better to have someone reliable available if needed than not.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: August 18, 2018, 12:36:34 pm »

Nah, I'm sure your opinion is genuine. But its generally a good idea on any liverpool forum express our opinions regarding our players and (most) of our former players respectfully. You didn't, hence the reaction.

Also given that Klavan was actually very good for a backup to the backup and when he played he played quite well on the whole, your opinion also doesn't indicate very judgment on your behalf.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #779 on: August 18, 2018, 12:38:29 pm »

I’m 99% sure you’re a troll but just in case you’re not - if you notice a pattern of being maligned, have you ever considered that it’s not everyone else whose behaviour is  wrong, it’s yours?
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #780 on: August 18, 2018, 12:52:14 pm »
I can only assume Klavan was desperate to play at this stage of his career, as we look a little short on cover with the injury record of our own central defenders. Either that or Klopp believes Nat Phillips can make the grade.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #781 on: August 18, 2018, 06:24:47 pm »
Good luck to him, needs regular football which he wasn't going to get. I am not surprised he has been sold, we need to see what Gomez and Phillips can do.
I think it's for the best all round.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline dptlfc83

• Main Stander
« Reply #782 on: August 18, 2018, 09:47:06 pm »
Keep it up mate,you are at 100% for shit posts

Now I don't agree with laffin12's opinion, but why is it a shit post? He's obviously not a sheep, he's got an opinion that's different to most and he's willing to put it out there. He's not been abusive or anything. I say fair play laffin12(but you're wrong about klavan he was sound)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: August 18, 2018, 09:53:17 pm »
Now I don't agree with laffin12's opinion, but why is it a shit post? He's obviously not a sheep, he's got an opinion that's different to most and he's willing to put it out there. He's not been abusive or anything. I say fair play laffin12(but you're wrong about klavan he was sound)

He had made two posts and both were shite,he has since posted more & is still at 100% ,hence NO NEW TOPICS.

That OK Primitive ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: August 18, 2018, 10:09:45 pm »

He had made two posts and both were shite,he has since posted more & is still at 100% ,hence NO NEW TOPICS.

That OK Primitive ?
Can you see that? Everything between us and you lot is supposed to be private  ;D

Calling Claire to remedy :)

Re the poster, well, opening registration is always worthwhile. You're an example of last years window. Inevitably though we get a few that perceive themselves with a valued opinion that may not accord with anything to do with supporting Liverpool.

Ragy going though! Meh. I doth protest again.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: August 18, 2018, 10:10:52 pm »
Wait - you guys got rid of the Hothead post? That was awesome.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #786 on: August 18, 2018, 10:11:10 pm »

"Good riddance to this guy. He was absolutely terrible."

How is that NOT a shit post? The player is clearly not absolutely terrible. To say he is, is doing so for a reaction, as it's a blatant troll and a blatant lie made for attention and a reaction.  Therefore it can be nothing but shit.

Sure, have differing opinons, but to call a player 'absolutely terrible', is not doing any of that.

Offline dptlfc83

• Main Stander
« Reply #787 on: August 18, 2018, 10:19:46 pm »

That OK Primitive ?

Why are people calling me primative or pyroparty? I'm guessing this isn't said in a positive light? Is this how new people on here are treated? It's bizzare.

Offline dptlfc83

• Main Stander
« Reply #788 on: August 18, 2018, 10:23:26 pm »
"Good riddance to this guy. He was absolutely terrible."

How is that NOT a shit post? The player is clearly not absolutely terrible. To say he is, is doing so for a reaction, as it's a blatant troll and a blatant lie made for attention and a reaction.  Therefore it can be nothing but shit.

Sure, have differing opinons, but to call a player 'absolutely terrible', is not doing any of that.

If you think someone is a troll, don't reply. They'll soon get bored.

As far as I can see he's given his opinion, which I don't agree with, but he's within his rights to say how he sees a player. He's not been personal about it.

There is defo some institutional bullying on here, towards people with different views.

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #789 on: August 18, 2018, 10:24:23 pm »
Had Kyrgiakos cult hero feels about him. Will always remember Burnley away.  :scarf :scarf

Safe journey, my friend.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #790 on: August 18, 2018, 10:47:35 pm »
There is defo some institutional bullying on here, towards people with different views.
This is one for the feedback forum mate, but point it out if you think it's true. There's a zero tolerance on here about bullying. In recent weeks it's become clear that the definition is subjective though. Before anyone proclaims it however, we'd urge them to figure where and what on they are posting.

Offline AnnieRoad93

• Main Stander
« Reply #791 on: August 19, 2018, 08:44:13 am »
I think Klavan has been a cracking stop gap, rarely let us down, actually a bit disappointed to see him go. Off the top of my head the only bad game he had was Swansea at home the other year where he had a mare.
Underneath the floodlights down in Düsseldorf...

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #792 on: August 19, 2018, 08:58:28 am »
If you think someone is a troll, don't reply. They'll soon get bored.

As far as I can see he's given his opinion, which I don't agree with, but he's within his rights to say how he sees a player. He's not been personal about it.

Call me old fashioned, but I try to follow a rule: You don't talk bad about people the day they die, and you don't talk bad about players the day they leave.

Offline dptlfc83

• Main Stander
« Reply #793 on: August 19, 2018, 10:41:40 am »
Call me old fashioned, but I try to follow a rule: You don't talk bad about people the day they die, and you don't talk bad about players the day they leave.

I'm sorry to break this to you but they are nowhere near the same and if you think that, you take footy far too serious. I've lost people really close to me and footy players leaving, even the very best doesn't come close to people dying. It's a bad analogy.

I just believe we should respect others opinions, even if they are different to ours, so long as they are not abusive and hateful.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: August 19, 2018, 11:35:43 am »
He was a very useful player, and served us well when here. I’m a tad surprised that we allowed him to leave on the basis that our defence is still a bit soft player wise, but it’s understandable that he wants more match time.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #795 on: August 20, 2018, 10:42:39 am »
Klavan's been a solid player for us, yes he made some bad errors esp in his 1st season but he hasn't been alone in making mistakes in this side. In the end we bought him as a backup player not a 1st teamer so he should be assessed as such.

It's a shame he is leaving but can understand that he wants to play.

Good luck Ragnar, thanks for the goal against Burnley :D
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #796 on: August 20, 2018, 11:42:58 am »
I just believe we should respect others opinions, even if they are different to ours, so long as they are not abusive and hateful.
How about if they're disrespectful and blatantly untrue?

"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #797 on: August 20, 2018, 12:28:07 pm »
Lot of new troll accounts I see  ;D

Didn't realise we'd sold Klavan til this morning. Assuming it was him wanting out as doesn't make much sense for us. Decent, solid back-up was Raggy. Was no worse than Matip last year. We'll always have Burnley.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #798 on: August 20, 2018, 12:32:07 pm »
Best of luck Ragnar. Shame you didn't leave with a European Cup winners medal but he done quite good for us. Usually always put a good performance in against the bigger teams as well.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #799 on: August 20, 2018, 12:51:30 pm »
Didn't realise we'd sold Klavan til this morning. Assuming it was him wanting out as doesn't make much sense for us. Decent, solid back-up was Raggy. Was no worse than Matip last year. We'll always have Burnley.

Similar situation to Lucas - leaves us a little short in depth, but an aging player is allowed to leave for first-team football elsewhere having served his time as a squad player with the utmost professionalism and minimum fuss.

Unlike Lucas, though, I genuinely don't think we'll really notice he's gone barring an awful injury crisis. And fingers crossed it puts an end to that awful 5-4-1 switch 80 minutes in when leading.