Author Topic: Team Analysis: Jürgen Klopp’s Liverpool Tactics (*)  (Read 932505 times)

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
Re: Team Analysis: Jürgen Klopp’s Liverpool Tactics (*)
« Reply #7120 on: April 17, 2018, 12:25:36 pm »
Dave Maddock (who is usually reliable) seems to suggest that our summer recruitment will be Lemar and Jorginho.

Might suggests that Klopp wants someone who can play both the No. 6 and No. 8 role, and he might be also looking at Grujic as someone to add height at the No. 6 position.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7121 on: April 17, 2018, 12:32:07 pm »
Dave Maddock (who is usually reliable) seems to suggest that our summer recruitment will be Lemar and Jorginho.

Might suggests that Klopp wants someone who can play both the No. 6 and No. 8 role, and he might be also looking at Grujic as someone to add height at the No. 6 position.

Personally would take his comments with a pinch of salt. They read more as opinions / second-hand info to me.

Jorginho's a lovely footballer but physically he just doesn't look like someone who could play that six role in England to me - his lack of height is one thing but he's also pretty slow off the mark

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7122 on: April 17, 2018, 12:36:43 pm »
I can't see us signing Lemar - we wouldn't pay what Monaco wanted in January and now Man City want him.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7123 on: April 17, 2018, 12:39:10 pm »

I also think that we'll sign a midfielder and a versatile attacker in addition to Naby Keita kind of like what Maddock suggests there,of course the names could yet change.
Wilson and Grujic might get integrated to the first team next season if they convince Klopp and the coaches enough,maybe others too like Brewster so even if Can is likely off we are imo looking well stocked if there are no further departures from the first team.

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7124 on: April 17, 2018, 12:39:32 pm »
Personally would take his comments with a pinch of salt. They read more as opinions / second-hand info to me.

Jorginho's a lovely footballer but physically he just doesn't look like someone who could play that six role in England to me - his lack of height is one thing but he's also pretty slow off the mark

Yeah, fair enough. Joyce also confirmed Jorginho as our no. 1 target, so just adding 2 and 2.

Of course, things could change a lot in the summer. But feels great to be on the cusp of a title winning squad. Literally 1 or 2 additions after Keita (and they'd have to be top quality to replace our current players) and we'd be there I think. Haven't had such a balanced squad in the 12 years I've supported this club.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7125 on: April 17, 2018, 12:41:08 pm »

I agree having watched Jorginho more since we've been linked, I'm really not convinced at all by him in this league, however good he is, the physical side and pace I can see him struggle with.

Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #7126 on: April 17, 2018, 12:41:10 pm »
I agree. The only thing with Henderson is his fitness - is he likely to break down again and spend a long time out? I've always thought we would be looking at Henderson and Keita as interchangeable in the central role, and Gini has also looked good there. Grujic likely back as cover as well. Can't see us signing a '6'.

No disrespect to Henderson and RB Leipzig but Keita is a level or 2 above Henderson even though Keita is playing in an inferior team. The kind of quick passes Keita releases and at the correct timing is truly something special. We don't have anyone that could do that on a consistent basis like Keita. I don't even think in the history of our club that there is anyone similar to Keita.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #7127 on: April 17, 2018, 12:43:56 pm »
I think we need to see Wijnaldum in the '6' over a larger sample of games ... don't get me wrong I've said on here that, in theory, I think he has more assets to thrive there than in his usual more advanced role, but he's played there in about two competitive games for us. I'd be uneasy with going into an entire season with only Henderson as a credible option in that role.

It's tough because on the one hand I agree with Jookie that Silva and De Bruyne's consistency of output and overall quality is probably where we are most lagging behind City, but they have far more space to enter into than our midfielders generally do. Sane and Sterling hug the touchline on their natural side, dragging full-backs out and creating space on the inside, whereas Mane and Salah are inverted wide forwards occupying the half-spaces.

As such I think it's more important that our '8' options are highly capable of creating overloads; Ox, Lallana, Milner are all very good at this having spent much of their careers out wide and Keita is obviously going to give us a completely different dimension from that position

If our front three can keep scoring at their current rate or even a rate close to it (I think we have to expect a bit of a drop-off from Salah and Firmino, but this could be compensated by a slight upturn from Mané and another quality option to share the load) I genuinely think we're beyond fine in those options. A six who is a bit tidier and a bit less injury-prone than Henderson would do more to take us up another level IMO.

The problem is as I've banged on about over these pages - finding a 6 who can do everything (which is what people are asking for) is extremely difficult - you're talking about a handful or world class players who can do everything we need defensively, with the mobility to cover the whole pitch and then people want an outstanding deep lying passer.
For all the criticism of Henderson and Can the reality is they do a lot of what we need well - the problem is people focus on what they don't do
I agree Wijnamldam isn't that suited to the 6 - he's not good enough defensively I suspect - but both him and Keita could definitely play there against the bottom 12 teams. (I mean Keita could play there in any game - you'd just want him further forward in a lot of games)
So its an opportunity cost thing - are we really going to spend a 'top player' level amount of money .. 50/60 million on a position we already have 3 players for that's actually very difficult to upgrade. I really like Jorginho but if he moves both Manchester clubs have already been linked - its likely a big bill when we our recruitment further forward won't be be cheap.

In the 8 slots - AOC's passing has been a revelation. I expected him to prosper there at the start of the season but as a ball carrier - in actual fact his passing is a huge weapon for us (not necessarily against set defences as much but his dribbling threat breaks teams down so well). He reduces our need a lot for next year.
Lallana is an under rated factor in all this. Reading between the lines it looks like part of the reason we were happy to let Phil go was having Lallana for the second half of the season - Klopp has always picked him, gushes about him etc .. if he's back for next year at last year's level we look in better shape, if not the need for another midfielder is more urgent.

I'd keep coming back to the same point - Klopp is much more interested in attacking players and players that can create impact in a game than he is in players who nullify the opposition. We've been very good defensively in the second half of the season and I expect (and its a guess) this means less resources / worry about GK and DLM and more on attacking CMs and forwards

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7128 on: April 17, 2018, 01:20:19 pm »

In the 8 slots - AOC's passing has been a revelation. I expected him to prosper there at the start of the season but as a ball carrier - in actual fact his passing is a huge weapon for us (not necessarily against set defences as much but his dribbling threat breaks teams down so well). He reduces our need a lot for next year.
Lallana is an under rated factor in all this. Reading between the lines it looks like part of the reason we were happy to let Phil go was having Lallana for the second half of the season - Klopp has always picked him, gushes about him etc .. if he's back for next year at last year's level we look in better shape, if not the need for another midfielder is more urgent.

Agree. I can't see many traditional top class 6 around other than Kante.

I don't think Klopp was happy to see Coutinho go but there was no way we could have kept him as he persisted with leaving us for Barcelona. And £142m was really a lot of money for one player. Maybe it is too early to say but Coutinho may never find the same productive season like he had for us in any team other than a Klopp team. Similarly Pogba may never find a more productive season than a Conte managed team with Pirlo playing alongside him.

As for Lallana, I wonder if the opportunity has come and gone for him? His injury doesn't seem to abate and maybe it is time to plan for life without him ever seriously playing for a continuous period of time. A shame really.

If there is one player I would like for Klopp, I hope it would be someone who could play on the wing that could step in for our front 3 and provide different options. All of Klopp's substitutes seem to be like-for-like, inferior-for-superior, Ings for Salah, Solanke for Firmino which really doesn't help much other than giving fresh legs. Wonder what is happening to Ryan Kent?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7129 on: April 17, 2018, 01:21:26 pm »
finding a 6 who can do everything (which is what people are asking for) is extremely difficult - you're talking about a handful or world class players who can do everything we need defensively, with the mobility to cover the whole pitch and then people want an outstanding deep lying passer.

For all the criticism of Henderson and Can the reality is they do a lot of what we need well - the problem is people focus on what they don't do

Completely agree with both lines but with Can likely leaving we surely have to try. I'm just struggling to see Klopp going into a season with one midfielder taller than 5'9 with sustained experience as a holding midfielder especially when that midfielder's form fluctuates and he has injury issues.

Personally I'm on the Rabiot train. Gives us that height, technically a notch above Henderson, defensively a notch below but young enough to improve in that area, but also brings us left-footed balance which we currently lack. Big Red too! I just don't see the likes of Jorginho or Ndidi as the answer because there's too much doubt in the physical and technical areas respectively. I'd rather develop Gini there and use the money elsewhere.

Offline kalleda

• Kemlynite
« Reply #7130 on: April 17, 2018, 01:29:09 pm »
Anybody watched Gruijic recently? Could he be the answer to #6?

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
Can you name the 31 goalscorers under Klopp's reign?
« Reply #7131 on: April 17, 2018, 01:49:24 pm »
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-300-goals-under-jurgen-14536159

Take the challenge. I got 21/31  :P

A few interesting ones over there that I forgot.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7132 on: April 17, 2018, 02:00:11 pm »
Completely agree with both lines but with Can likely leaving we surely have to try. I'm just struggling to see Klopp going into a season with one midfielder taller than 5'9 with sustained experience as a holding midfielder especially when that midfielder's form fluctuates and he has injury issues.

Personally I'm on the Rabiot train. Gives us that height, technically a notch above Henderson, defensively a notch below but young enough to improve in that area, but also brings us left-footed balance which we currently lack. Big Red too! I just don't see the likes of Jorginho or Ndidi as the answer because there's too much doubt in the physical and technical areas respectively. I'd rather develop Gini there and use the money elsewhere.

Not sure if Gini can be further developed as it seems like he has peaked.

Same here, like to see more physical presence in our team. Defending corners gets me very nervous until lately. To replace Can with someone smaller will really give the likes of Everton, Utd and Watford to target our weaknessess too easily.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #7133 on: April 17, 2018, 02:02:28 pm »
also: now being reported in le figaro:

http://sport24.lefigaro.fr/football/etranger/espagne/fil-info/barca-dembele-et-valverde-en-seraient-venus-aux-mains-905427

The situation of Ousmane Dembélé is complicated with FC Barcelona. Injured by injuries during the first part of the season, the former player of Stade-Rennais regularly starts meetings of the Catalans on the bench of substitutes. This Monday, a new stage would have been crossed according to Adrian Romero, a journalist based in Barcelona and contributor for the Spanish media SPORT. He explains that " an internal source in Barca revealed that Dembélé and Valverde had a conflict today at training and would have come to blows. Apparently, Valverde allegedly uttered racist insults to Dembélé. Luis Suarez had to intervene to stop it . "

It’s a small report about a report. So not really reporting at all I’m afraid. It’s of the level of the Guargian’s rumour page with less humour.

Then there is Luis Suarez as peace-maker? Maybe while sharing maté, but on the pitch? :)
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7134 on: April 17, 2018, 02:02:40 pm »

Me too. Big Liverpool fan, wants out, PSG have to sell, oh and absolutely perfect Klopp player. And btw his defensive stats are better than Hendo's. Knows the expectations from a big club in league and champions league. Winning mentality.

Did i mention only has a year left on contract in summer  :-X
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 02:15:20 pm by clinical »

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7135 on: April 17, 2018, 02:22:24 pm »
I thought Rabiot's mother/agent had stipulated that he needs to play his preferred position, which isn't at the base of midfield.

Offline JCB

• Sponsors of Digger Barnes.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7136 on: April 17, 2018, 02:27:05 pm »

I'd love that. He's technically and tactically an upgrade on Henderson but I always assumed that we would have no chance with him at PSG. How likely/true is it that Rabiot wants to leave PSG (and France in general)?

And how much of an LFC fan is he really? Is it confirmed or is it speculation based on a couple of tweets from the man admiring our CL performance?

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #7137 on: April 17, 2018, 02:36:07 pm »
I'd love that. He's technically and tactically an upgrade on Henderson but I always assumed that we would have no chance with him at PSG. How likely/true is it that Rabiot wants to leave PSG (and France in general)?

And how much of an LFC fan is he really? Is it confirmed or is it speculation based on a couple of tweets from the man admiring our CL performance?
This is from a few years ago.
"My idol as a kid? Steven Gerrard, for what he did with Liverpool.

"I want to be his equal in Paris."

This is from October this season.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/psg-star-drops-liverpool-hint-13718875

“I think I would like to experience something else (outside Ligue 1),” said Rabiot.

“There are a lot of very good championships, it’s also very rewarding to go elsewhere.

“I would love to play in the Premier League, not necessarily one club in particular, even though I was very fond of Liverpool when I was young.”

Then there were the recent tweets where he was fapping off watching us tank Man City. :D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 02:47:15 pm by BabuYagu »
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline JCB

• Sponsors of Digger Barnes.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7138 on: April 17, 2018, 02:44:49 pm »
You guys are getting me all excited now....

Whenever I've watched PSG play (which isn't often) he's always stood out for me even amongst all the big money signings they have. The fact that he can also play both as a 6 or 8 is a mouth watering prospect for our tactics and general gameplay.

I'm sure that that versatility is exactly what Edwards and the team are targeting as a major element for midfield based on current transfer targets (and purchases).

Please let this happen.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #7139 on: April 17, 2018, 02:48:47 pm »
None of us can get to the bottom of the Lemar story. It seems at the right price, he would be a Liverpool player which is a strange predicament because we presumably have plenty of money.

I still wonder about height at number 6, if Wilfred Ndidi is the target, he may not be the world's best passer, but if you have Keita and Oxlade ahead of him, does that even matter?

If midfield and wide-forward are further strengthened, we have a very good squad of players here; more than sprinkled with brilliance - working in concert.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #7140 on: April 17, 2018, 02:52:35 pm »
He's contract is up in 2019 as well which should work in our favour if our lot wants him and he wants to come here.

(Edit: Rabiot that is)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 02:54:30 pm by riismeister »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7141 on: April 17, 2018, 02:53:12 pm »
Does the way we setup with Mane (off the left, a bit deeper) indicate the type of player we will go for? Mane is obviously quick and have winger attributes but its a testament to him that he has played like a playmaker and done well.

On paper you would sign another winger but how many of them have playmaking abilities? Its almost as if we need another Coutinho, in that a player who plays off the left but is prodominantly an attacking playmaker.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7142 on: April 17, 2018, 02:59:20 pm »
People always expect too much.

We tried to get Keita last year, didn't happen. We tried to get vvd didn't happen till January. It's easy saying were gonna spend x amount, some players just aren't necessarily always available. Plus Jürgen might of had a rethink considering this group of players have got us into the semi's of the Champions League.

It's possible we might just get Keita.

We've got a player for every position. Maybe he might wanna give Harry Wilson a crack next season. Woodburn, He might be wanna stick with Solanke and ings.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 03:01:27 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7143 on: April 17, 2018, 03:00:16 pm »
Does the way we setup with Mane (off the left, a bit deeper) indicate the type of player we will go for? Mane is obviously quick and have winger attributes but its a testament to him that he has played like a playmaker and done well.

On paper you would sign another winger but how many of them have playmaking abilities? Its almost as if we need another Coutinho, in that a player who plays off the left but is prodominantly an attacking playmaker.

Mane has played a bit like that since Coutinho's departure but also to cover and balance the attack on his side, and not to expose Robinson. Moreno has the pace to make up for being caught up in the attacking third.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7144 on: April 17, 2018, 03:00:53 pm »

We tried to get Keita last year, didn't happen. We tried to get vvd didn't happen till January. It's easy saying were gonna spend x amount, some players just aren't necessarily always available. Plus Jürgen might of had a rethink considering this group of players have got us into the semi's of the Champions League.

I don't see us getting just Keita,if Can leaves.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7145 on: April 17, 2018, 03:02:49 pm »

I think we will get an attacking player and a midfielder to replace Can. Personally Id still want to get the best keeper we could get but apart from that I dont think we need much more.

If the attacker and midfielder we got were good, Id be delighted with just that.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 03:06:04 pm by a treeless whopper »

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7146 on: April 17, 2018, 03:05:42 pm »
Mane has played a bit like that since Coutinho's departure but also to cover and balance the attack on his side, and not to expose Robinson. Moreno has the pace to make up for being caught up in the attacking third.

It works though. A playmaker on that side allows to keep to that setup and we can rotate as well. We could rest Salah, have Mane play the centre forward role on the right or go to a straight 3 up front with Salah up front when giving Firmino a rest.

Id like a playmaker like Coutinho off that left rather than just a winger. Would give us variety in the type of players we have as well.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #7147 on: April 17, 2018, 03:10:39 pm »
There is no ‘last summer’ pot. We don’t ring fence money like that.

you speak with some authority here.  how do you know?

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #7148 on: April 17, 2018, 03:17:29 pm »
One of which was a keeper we'll probably no longer want given the form Karius is showing.

don't disagree on that buddy - see posts above - but if we're not getting alisson it means we will strengthen another position.

we don've have any obvious weak links but we can always upgrade.

joyce said two plus coutinho and the players he mentioned were alisson and jorginho.

i expect us to get the latter but maybe alisson will be too expensive/not for sale or we've moved on because karius looking so much better.

MF has been our weakest part of the team so make sense to get more than keita in there and jorginho quotes suggests he is drawn to our style of play.

we got a ton of money for phil so i expect his replacement to be top drawer talent and be around the £80-£100m mark depending on how the market goes.

after that i think sessegnon is a once every five years kind of talent; british and versatile so makes sense to move for him while he's in the market.

aware we will have a much bigger wages bill if we can tie mo and bobby down but with sturridge; migs; origi all of the wages bill there's savings and transfer fees to come in.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #7149 on: April 17, 2018, 03:19:09 pm »

the want £102m for lemar; zielinski has much better numbers and is available at £57m on a buyout clause so maybe better value?

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #7150 on: April 17, 2018, 03:21:30 pm »
Yeah, fair enough. Joyce also confirmed Jorginho as our no. 1 target, so just adding 2 and 2.

Of course, things could change a lot in the summer. But feels great to be on the cusp of a title winning squad. Literally 1 or 2 additions after Keita (and they'd have to be top quality to replace our current players) and we'd be there I think. Haven't had such a balanced squad in the 12 years I've supported this club.

he's also 5cm taller than gini who has looked boss there.

given the performance against city it's clear gini can do more than a job there already.

good to see hendo playing as an 8 again against bournemouth so i think it will be gini and jorginho to cover 6 next season.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #7151 on: April 17, 2018, 03:25:32 pm »
Anybody watched Gruijic recently? Could he be the answer to #6?

he's most likely to prosper in that role but his passing was in the mid 50s for cardiff so would need to improve on that for us.

gini had 100% pass success on 42 passes against bournemouth.  very much the sort of output we're looking for.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #7152 on: April 17, 2018, 03:28:17 pm »
It’s a small report about a report. So not really reporting at all I’m afraid. It’s of the level of the Guargian’s rumour page with less humour.

Then there is Luis Suarez as peace-maker? Maybe while sharing maté, but on the pitch? :)

agreed.  was jumping on it because he's such a good player and is two footed so can play left; right or through the middle.

can't imagine he's not near the very top of our attacking wish list but has to be filed under unliklely

same 'story' in soir sport and they point out that though the tweeter says he works for a couple of sites neither picking up on it.

they do point out that there are still noises about dembele's off the field behaviour and his lack of first team minutes though.

http://www.sports.fr/football/espagne/articles/dembele-valverde-le-clash-2139581/

Offline bravarado7

• Anny Roader
  • Getting started. Aim to keep going.
« Reply #7153 on: April 17, 2018, 03:32:01 pm »
Getting a quality backup for the Bobby role should be our top priority this summer. The drop off in quality when Ings/Solanke play is alarming. Also, we need a forward who can play in Salah/Mane position and AM role. Wouldn't surprise me if we went back in for Lemar. Midfield recruitment depends on how Can's situation works out. Milner, Kieta, Henderson, AOC, Gini, Lallana (if he stays) and Can is overstocked.

Center-back is another area we should be looking at in-depth. Sounds funny when you have spent 75m in January but we need another player in the mould of VVD. Matip's performance has been underwhelming this season and going into our biggest game of the season (till date) i.e. CL SF 1st leg, Lovren is deservingly VVD's partner.

Would be an interesting summer as we definitely have money to spend.
Law of the Premier League: The Sum of Hypocrisy, Selfishness, C***tism and Double Standards is equal to the product of FA, Media, SAF, Howard Webb and Patrice Evra.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #7154 on: April 17, 2018, 03:33:59 pm »

may explain the zielinski links?  two footed; quick enough to play on the wing; 8 goals from MF and great defensive numbers.

also a long term target and a £57m buyout clause.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #7155 on: April 17, 2018, 03:34:34 pm »
the want £102m for lemar; zielinski has much better numbers and is available at £57m on a buyout clause so maybe better value?

Zielinski is one of those players I like to watch but at the same time, something just feels off when watching him. Just can't put my finger on what it is. I would also worry his input is nowhere near high enough to ever be a high output player. He averages 1 shot, 1 dribble and 0,8 key passes per game.

He likely struggles to break into that Napoli side for good reason. I wouldn't pay anything near 57m for him.

Lemar on the other hand is scoring almost double that across the board with 1,6 shots & dribbles and 1,8 key passes. Those are down considerably from last season too.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7156 on: April 17, 2018, 03:36:02 pm »
good to see hendo playing as an 8 again against bournemouth so i think it will be gini and jorginho to cover 6 next season.

Was I just not paying attention on Saturday or is this a bit of a growing myth? Henderson looked central with Gini to his left as normal to me. I could be wrong as I was still in a state of delirium and disbelief from finally picking the National winner!

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #7157 on: April 17, 2018, 03:38:33 pm »
he's also 5cm taller than gini who has looked boss there.

given the performance against city it's clear gini can do more than a job there already.

Height isn't nearly as important as some think in terms of aerial ability. Abdominal strength seems to be the main thing that dictates how well people get off the ground. Then bravery, determination, aggression, reading ball in flight, timing of your jump, positioning - these things are all more important than height.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 04:06:59 pm by BabuYagu »

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #7158 on: April 17, 2018, 03:40:55 pm »
Zielinski is one of those players I like to watch but at the same time, something just feels off when watching him. Just can't put my finger on what it is. I would also worry his input is nowhere near high enough to ever be a high output player. He averages 1 shot, 1 dribble and 0,8 key passes per game.

He likely struggles to break into that Napoli side for good reason. I wouldn't pay anything near 57m for him.

Lemar on the other hand is scoring almost double that across the board with 1,6 shots & dribbles and 1,8 key passes. Those are down considerably from last season too.

i've watched absolutely fuck all of napoli apart from youtube clips of jorginho so yield to your depth of knowledge.

lemar just seems VERY expensive for a player who has dropped of massively from last year.

of course they lost a load of their best players and still managed to finish second.

what's up with their balde keita?  has he got discipline issues?

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7159 on: April 17, 2018, 03:47:27 pm »

They want £102m for Lemar?

:lmao

Monaco on the wind up. He's not worth half that.

Watch them get more and more desperate before he goes somewhere for £50m by the end of the window. No one is paying that for Lemar, he's not progressed. Granted good players left but at that price he should look the standout player. He doesn't. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 03:49:09 pm by clinical »