Author Topic: Fat Sham: Fried brown bread and egg on face  (Read 102445 times)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
I could get behind the Big Sam England circus, it'll be a laugh and they probably won't win a thing.

I think we can be sure on that one mate.  ;D
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Don't think Sam would do too badly to be fair. Let him have a crack. Everyone else has!!

My own choice would be Howe with Harry Redknapp as assistant

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Don't think Sam would do too badly to be fair. Let him have a crack. Everyone else has!!

My own choice would be Howe with Harry Redknapp as assistant

Is it worth asking why pray tell?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Laurent Blanc if the FA were willing to go foreign. The lack of any decent English candidate leads me to go for Eddie Howe if I had to, at least he's progressive & plays decent football

Thought the football he had PSG playing were dreadful at times, slow passing around type of games with some individual moments of magic getting them the points.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
as an American I'm going to have to insist- Jurgen Klinsmann really is your best option.  Don't look elsewhere, don't look at results with USA, and definitely don't ask any USA supporters for their opinion of him---just take him!

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
What I laugh at is the lack of memory.

When you look at who England have had for managers and the list includes loads of "English"

Taylor, Venables, Hoddle, Wilkinson, Keegan, Taylor....and then the outcry for failure to win was let's get a foreign manager.

Sven comes in, fails like the rest...Well he was foreign, let's get an English manager who knows our lads.

McClaren. That went well. So let's get the best available.

Capello. But one poor World Cup and let's get an experienced English manager.

Hodgson. Led England to their worst points tally in a World Cup. Kept his job. Won one match at Euro 2016. Finally sacked.

Now the media is on about making sure an Englishman is manager of England again.

Maybe they'll figure out those in charge are failures, don't pick a manager to build anything, and it makes no difference English or Foreign as manager if your players are average.

When one loses there are 20 excuses. A new band-aid for the problem doesn't change the problem.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Get the Big Sam in. He's not just Big Sam... he's THE Big Sam.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is it worth asking why pray tell?

Haha I know he's not overly popular in here but he plays attacking football. Think he would play form players rather than reputation. Has worked with Howe at Bournemouth I believe. Give Howe some experience to lean on and leave him to it in a few years

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
England manager: Sam Allardyce a good choice, says David Gold

Sam Allardyce "would make a very good England manager", according to his former boss at West Ham, David Gold.

The Sunderland manager is favourite to succeed Roy Hodgson, who resigned after England's Euro 2016 exit.

It was reported this week that Allardyce, 61, would be interviewed for the role, but he is yet to be contacted by the Football Association.

"I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him," Hammers co-chairman Gold told BBC Radio 5 live.

"He is determined, he is ambitious. He's been in the business a long time.

"I think the most important thing from my point of view is that he's English."

Allardyce the 'master' of winning

Allardyce took charge at Sunderland in October and steered the club to Premier League safety.

The Black Cats finished 17th, one place and two points above the relegation zone, after losing only one of their final 11 league matches of the 2015-16 season.

Former Chelsea and England striker Chris Sutton said: "I think Allardyce has clout. He's proved himself. He gets the job done.

"If Euro 2016 has taught us anything, it's about learning how to win football matches and Sam Allardyce is the master.

"How he kept Sunderland up this season, I don't know, but it was an incredible achievement.

"He studies opposition's weaknesses, he knows his team's strengths and he plays to them. It's all about winning."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36766990

"It's all about winning"    :lmao

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
I think he'll do alright tbf.

It will be hilarious though. Can't wait for the twitter updates.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
Big Sam would get them back to the basics again - simple but effective football over gloss. I'd say he'd do far better than Hodgson.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Online elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
Big Sam would get them back to the basics again - simple but effective football over gloss. I'd say he'd do far better than Hodgson.

His win ratio suggests otherwise. He's just Hodgson with a better twitter account.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
I apologise Marouane. You don't write off 35-years of experience.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline _00_deathscar

• Has a quite operational deflecsor shield.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • The Suite Life by Chinmoy Lad
as an American I'm going to have to insist- Jurgen Klinsmann really is your best option.  Don't look elsewhere, don't look at results with USA, and definitely don't ask any USA supporters for their opinion of him---just take him!

Maybe not the best thread for it, but why the hate of Klinsmann? He's done okay with a very limited bunch of players.
All things luxury travel. Be inspired for your next trip: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Big Sam, England Manager would be glorious. Please make it happen!

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
It might be clichéd, but I really think you need a manager who is willing to do things his own way without being influenced by the media or the public. What seemed pretty obvious to me was that Roy had absolutely no clue about how to set his team up. He took the best players (or those with the highest stocks in public opinion) and just threw them on the pitch together in any way he could. That won't work. You had good players but no good team. A lot of that is down to the FA though. They need to be strong, get their guy and give him their full backing no matter what the press write or pundits on TV say...

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Big Sam, England Manager would be glorious. Please make it happen!

Oh, it's happening.  Sunderland statement:

The Football Association contacted Sunderland AFC to seek permission to speak with our manager as part of what was supposed to be a confidential discussion process with potential candidates for the position of England manager.

At Sam Allardyce’s request, we agreed to this.

Sam is very much key to our plans. After what was an extremely challenging season, we are keen to see a period of stability, both on and off the field, and we want him to remain as manager of our football club.

The ongoing speculation over Sam’s position is extremely damaging to Sunderland AFC, particularly at this crucial time of the season and we urge the FA to respect the disruption that this process is causing and bring about a swift resolution to the matter.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Roy Hodgson and Sam Allardyce. Same old, same old. I expect he'll do better than Hodgson, which admittedly isn't that difficult but expectations are always so huge that he'll invariably be classed as a failure.

They've been trying for a safe pair of hands for years and it's not worked (though there are deeper problems than just who the manager is), why not take more of a risk and try for someone who's a little different?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
Big Sam just for the twitter account material.

There's also the romance of an English manager, playing the English style. I.E lump it from wide onto Andy's head
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
As an England fan, I wouldn't mind Allardici.

We've had Hodgson play turgid shite with absolutely no purpose, at least we know what Big Sam would do.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
As an England fan, I wouldn't mind Allardici.

We've had Hodgson play turgid shite with absolutely no purpose, at least we know what Big Sam would do.

At least Pardew hasn't had a mention, yet. Theresa May, Big Sam, Donald Trump - 2016 the year of the unexpected (except England getting the boot early in a.any competition).

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
It's like the FA is going out of its way to be a joke.

Imagine if any of us just so happened to buy Manchester United. We'd do all kinds of crazy stuff just for the lol's.

Offline Wyl

• Legacy Fan
So this looks like it is happening. I think if he's his own man and does things his own way he could make a decent fist of it but then again it could be hilariously awful  ;D No more pandering to the media, a clear 'style' and no interest in copying the flavour of the month, probably more likely to give players who deserve the call-up a go rather than those with the most twitter followers. How many of Lee Cattermole, Mark Noble, Jermain Defoe and Andy Carroll will be regulars I wonder.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jeez. Is it so difficult?  Look at the teams who always do well in tournaments. Look at the players in those teams. Get a manager in who has had success with players of that calibre.

Or get a man in who hasn't even had success with players that are mid-table Premier League standard.

This is exactly what happens when the bar has been set incredibly low. A Hodgson speciality.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Fat Sam. Winning without winning.

Offline mr dudek

• Look in to my eyes
  • Main Stander
  • Resident Hypnotist
Love me some Fat Sam. Come on you Big Fat Sexy Sam!

He is going to piss-off all the international managers by out-tacticing them. The only drawback is - we won't be able to watch Fat Sam trump Guardiola in the league with his slick tactis.  ;D

Offline thekremlin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • nothing like a nice cup of tea
Oh well, another few years of not being interested in England awaits. Mind, I'm not sure I can think of a better alternative. A sad indictment of so-called top-level English managers.

Offline thekremlin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • nothing like a nice cup of tea
Pity Moyes isn't English. At least that would have been hilarious.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The FA will never, ever learn.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
Butland
C.Dawson Shawcross Dann Baines
Milner Henderson Delph Townsend
Deeney
Carroll

Offline Rich

• Kopite
  • RAWK Lurker
I think he'll be an awful lot better than Hodgson; Roy had no idea what his best 11 was, how to set them out or what his style of play was.

We might not like Sam's football but at least he has a set plan that players will understand.  It wouldn't have been pretty football but I'd have backed him to get better results again Russia, Slovakia and Iceland...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 01:51:05 pm by Rich »

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think he'll be an awful lot better than Hodgson; Roy had no idea what his best 11 was, how to set them out or what his style of play was.

We might not like Sam's football but at least he has a set plan that players will understand.
It wouldn't have been pretty football but I'd have backed him to get better results again Russia, Slovakia and Iceland...

No offence but that's the problem with English football summed up there for me, the ambiguous acceptance of future mediocrity.

Offline mr dudek

• Look in to my eyes
  • Main Stander
  • Resident Hypnotist
Imagine if Fat Sam wins the world cup in russia, playing hoofball with Andy Caroll and Defoe in front & makes us all look like bellends?

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
Its refreshing to see the FA pick a manager at a similar level to the squad.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
Fat Sam would be a great appointment. We wont win anything but it'll be a great laugh.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Fat Sam should get it, as a reward for all the hard work he's put in.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
Roy Hodgson and Sam Allardyce. Same old, same old. I expect he'll do better than Hodgson, which admittedly isn't that difficult but expectations are always so huge that he'll invariably be classed as a failure.

They've been trying for a safe pair of hands for years and it's not worked (though there are deeper problems than just who the manager is), why not take more of a risk and try for someone who's a little different?

Not a particular dig at you mate, but this idea seems to be gaining traction.
Hodgson got through qualifying by winning every single game. We have never done that. Where he fell down completely was in a tournament.

There is no reason to believe Allardyce would even do as well as the owl did in qualifying. His win percentage as a manager is shit. And there is no evidence that he would do better in a tounament.

This is Graham Taylor all over again and I do not like that!

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
Imagine if Fat Sam wins the world cup in russia, playing hoofball with Andy Caroll and Defoe in front & makes us all look like bellends?

Its not going to happen. He can't win anything, or even get close in the league or cups, why is his tactics suddenly going to work at International level.

I mean it might work, but what evidence is there?

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
Fat Sam should get it, as a reward for all the hard work he's put in.

What happens if Real Madrid come calling though....
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
What happens if Real Madrid come calling though....

It'll be a tough choice honestly. I think the England job is tailor made for him.

Allardyce for England has a nice ring to it!