Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1779714 times)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #3560 on: April 4, 2017, 06:00:08 pm »
So exactly what are you implying by the above? That's its down to us?

As for Chelsea they will never go through a season again where they have so few injuries. I can't recall the last time a team went through a season with as few as they have.

Last season, Leicester.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3561 on: April 4, 2017, 06:01:02 pm »

I can't beleive the amount of people who are panicking considering none of us actually know what the problem is.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3562 on: April 4, 2017, 06:02:23 pm »
Last season, Leicester.

It doesn't prove much though does it? Anyway I am sure I looked on a website and found they had suffered more, than a lot seemed to realize.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3563 on: April 4, 2017, 06:08:16 pm »
Or it seemed ok, they were happy and then overnight it's ballooned up and he's in a lot of pain. It's not black and white.

No. It's black and blue.  Ba dom tish.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #3564 on: April 4, 2017, 06:38:50 pm »
You could say that about any injury though, not just ACL.

Agreed. So when is the time to amputate?
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3565 on: April 4, 2017, 06:40:10 pm »
Walcott had an ACL but doesn't seem to have lost his pace.

He has. He doesn't have the acceleration he once had.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #3566 on: April 4, 2017, 06:41:17 pm »
Pointless speculating at the moment.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3567 on: April 4, 2017, 07:07:03 pm »
Surely if he'd done something bad, or the club medics suspected this, he wouldnt be allowed to swan out of the ground pulling his suitcase and signing autographs?

I tore the medial collateral in my right knee a few years back and was walking about all night with a slight limp and slept fine, just a bit sore. Woke up the next day and my leg was swollen like a balloon.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3568 on: April 4, 2017, 07:15:55 pm »
I tore the medial collateral in my right knee a few years back and was walking about all night with a slight limp and slept fine, just a bit sore. Woke up the next day and my leg was swollen like a balloon.

I wonder if there is a procedure that needs to be followed if there is such an injury? So if a medical department thinks it could be such a knee injury then would they immediately put the player on crutches or do they just say go home and do what you normally would do and we will find out tomorrow?

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #3569 on: April 4, 2017, 07:22:46 pm »
We are so screwed. 

The last time we lost Sane for Afcon, Coutinho got injured, Llalana lost form and the whole team went to shits. Hope Coutinho keep up his good form, Can continue to improve and no more injuries. We might still able to salvage something.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3570 on: April 4, 2017, 07:23:16 pm »
so wait the Joyce - meniscus tear story isn't true?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3571 on: April 4, 2017, 07:27:59 pm »
We are so screwed. 

The last time we lost Sane for Afcon, Coutinho got injured, Llalana lost form and the whole team went to shits. Hope Coutinho keep up his good form, Can continue to improve and no more injuries. We might still able to salvage something.

You do know where we sit in the top four right now, right? United don't win today they can pretty much forget top four and Arsenal keep messing up.

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3572 on: April 4, 2017, 07:31:46 pm »
so wait the Joyce - meniscus tear story isn't true?
How long is a meniscus tear if it is true ?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3573 on: April 4, 2017, 07:32:33 pm »
5mm?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3574 on: April 4, 2017, 07:32:59 pm »

Up to six weeks according to this article I found - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-27940923. Suarez recovered in about a month, I could see Mane being similar if he does have this tear.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3575 on: April 4, 2017, 07:35:22 pm »
Up to six weeks according to this article I found - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-27940923. Suarez recovered in about a month, I could see Mane being similar if he does have this tear.

Reading that you would give the player the rest of the season off. Obviously there was no way Suarez was going to miss the world cup.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3576 on: April 4, 2017, 07:35:43 pm »
it very much depends on the tear.. I saw a video about repairing them when I was at the royal college of surgeons recently..  very interesting it was

but as I've seen no story about a meniscus tear, then I don't think it's worth discussing.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #3577 on: April 4, 2017, 07:38:22 pm »
We are so screwed. 

Cup drained
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3578 on: April 4, 2017, 07:41:18 pm »
So exactly what are you implying by the above? That's its down to us?

As for Chelsea they will never go through a season again where they have so few injuries. I can't recall the last time a team went through a season with as few as they have.

They won the league two years ago and never had an injury then. They didn't have a great deal of injuries last season.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3579 on: April 4, 2017, 08:09:06 pm »
They won the league two years ago and never had an injury then. They didn't have a great deal of injuries last season.

In Mourinho's last season they had a few injuries, but anyway that's beside the point. Still don't understand the relevance towards us in this.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3580 on: April 4, 2017, 08:11:57 pm »
I can't beleive the amount of people who are panicking considering none of us actually know what the problem is.

Starting to think this thread should be locked until we actually know something.  I keep coming in here expecting to find some news and all I'm getting is panicked speculation. 

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3581 on: April 4, 2017, 08:12:55 pm »
Starting to think this thread should be locked until we actually know something.  I keep coming in here expecting to find some news and all I'm getting is panicked speculation. 

Agreed

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3582 on: April 4, 2017, 08:16:47 pm »

It's a good idea, I don't think we'll get any more real information for a few more days now. Perhaps it can be locked, and opened whenever an official update occurs?

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3583 on: April 4, 2017, 08:28:51 pm »
Pray for Sadio!

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3584 on: April 4, 2017, 08:42:17 pm »
it very much depends on the tear.. I saw a video about repairing them when I was at the royal college of surgeons recently..  very interesting it was

I had one operated on in January.  I'm ok now but a really bad replacement for Mane.
As you say depends on the damage. Dings has a meniscus injury which was obviously serious.  Sometimes it requires a stitch as parts of the inner meniscus don't have blood flow and dont repair naturally. Those ones take longer. Anywho regardless of what part of the knee is damaged,  the extent of the damage is the key thing. And the fact that he was mobile and presumably still is has me erring on the optimistic side long term.

but as I've seen no story about a meniscus tear, then I don't think it's worth discussing.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3585 on: April 4, 2017, 08:59:08 pm »

I don't disagree to be honest, they are obviously taking their time, so maybe that's the best solution.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3586 on: April 4, 2017, 09:33:54 pm »
If this is not the same injury that Skrtel suffered a few years ago I'll be very surprised.  That was the ligament behind the knee (posterior?).  Doesn't take as long to heal but still bad.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3587 on: April 4, 2017, 09:42:42 pm »
I wonder if there is a procedure that needs to be followed if there is such an injury? So if a medical department thinks it could be such a knee injury then would they immediately put the player on crutches or do they just say go home and do what you normally would do and we will find out tomorrow?

With me the physio did some pulling and pushing to try and determine which ligament it was, she was almost certain it was the MCL but wasn't 100% due to the amount of swelling. I think she gave me some exercises to do and sent me off home, I didn't even have any time off work. I was back running within about 5 or 6 weeks.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3588 on: April 5, 2017, 05:55:56 am »
Still no news on Sadio?
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #3589 on: April 5, 2017, 06:07:35 am »
They didn't have a great deal of injuries last season.

They didn't have a physio either.... ;)

We are Liverpool!

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #3590 on: April 5, 2017, 09:59:56 am »

Totally agree there's actually zero point until we know something official

The speculation in here is worse than on Sky News.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #3591 on: April 5, 2017, 11:15:35 am »
Just heard on talkshite that theve had word from Liverpool that the swelling has gone down so they have done the second scan and it's ligament damage that will require an op :( they reckon more than likely out for the season but cld make the last game.
I know it's talkshite but they did confirm they had spoken to the club. Bugger.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2017, 11:18:20 am by pezzzer »
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #3592 on: April 5, 2017, 11:24:25 am »
Just heard on talkshite that theve had word from Liverpool that the swelling has gone down so they have done the second scan and it's ligament damage that will require an op :( they reckon more than likely out for the season but cld make the last game.

I would wait for official confirmation mate. They don't know shit.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3593 on: April 5, 2017, 11:45:19 am »

Let's not kid ourselves here. He's out for 6 weeks plus.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3594 on: April 5, 2017, 11:49:15 am »
There's a reason why they're known as Talk Shite, I would wait for the club to say something.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3595 on: April 5, 2017, 11:50:01 am »
Are you a medical expert and/or someone with inside knowledge of the club?

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #3596 on: April 5, 2017, 11:50:46 am »
I hate quoting them mate but I don't even think they can get away with stressing they have heard from the club directly without it being so.
6 weeks is about the going rate for ligament surgery from what's been posted by ppl who know far more than me. Let's hope Daniel has got his 'I'm so lucky to be playing for Liverpool and getting oodles of money so il give 100% to there cause' head on.
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3597 on: April 5, 2017, 11:53:38 am »
Are you a medical expert and/or someone with inside knowledge of the club?

He's LFC's Chief Pissy Pants.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3598 on: April 5, 2017, 11:55:25 am »

Stop your constant bed wetting. He's getting an amputation for fuck sakes.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3599 on: April 5, 2017, 11:56:20 am »
Stop your constant bed wetting. He's getting an amputation for fuck sakes.

OMG what!??!!??!??  :o