Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1778068 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #8840 on: December 12, 2019, 07:20:49 am »
Not better than Suarez for me. But it's fairly close between Suarez, Mane, Mo and VVD.

I'll throw in Dalglish, Souness and Barnes in who I have seen as being better than Sadio - he's still immense though.

Jurgen YNWA

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #8841 on: December 12, 2019, 07:36:08 am »
Not better than Suarez for me. But it's fairly close between Suarez, Mane, Mo and VVD.

i'd take Mane over peak Suarez. Mainly because there's fuck all between them and Mane has way more charm.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #8842 on: December 12, 2019, 09:34:38 am »
i'd take Mane over peak Suarez. Mainly because there's fuck all between them and Mane has way more charm.

No sorry.. I love Sadio, he's the best LW in world football right now and an absolutely humble guy which makes him even easier to like.. BUT..

Luis Suarez in his last season here was playing at a level that Messi and Ronaldo would be proud of. He carried that team on his own, would do unthinkable things on the pitch and for Stevie Gerrard to say he's the best talent he ever played with says it all.

Since I started following football in the mid-nineties, I've never seen a player at LFC with more natural ability than Suarez - now imagine him from the 13/14 season with Sadio and Mo alongside him.. :o
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8843 on: December 12, 2019, 11:13:03 am »
I think he is the dog's obviously. I don't really see the constant need to say he is this level or that level. Wait for his career to end, count his medals, goals and contributions and see where he ranks. For now, why not just enjoy him. That goes for all our players btw

Online jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8844 on: December 12, 2019, 11:17:29 am »
He's stepped it up by a couple of levels this year. The dribbling and speed that he seemed to be curtailing for a season or two in favour of more of a playmaking approach has reappeared with a vengeance. He's without a doubt one of the best around in the world now.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #8845 on: December 13, 2019, 12:08:03 am »
The best player in the world right now never mind all our yesterdeys...
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8846 on: December 13, 2019, 12:54:52 am »
Personally I’m yet to see a Lfc player performing and having as much impact as Suarez in 13/14. That being said Sadio is immense, been my favorite player of the current stock since he scored in his PL debut for us at the Emirates

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8847 on: December 13, 2019, 12:57:27 am »
Personally I’m yet to see a Lfc player performing and having as much impact as Suarez in 13/14. That being said Sadio is immense, been my favorite player of the current stock since he scored in his PL debut for us at the Emirates

Salah did in his first season

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8848 on: December 13, 2019, 01:15:52 am »
Salah did in his first season

Personally think Suarez’ season was slightly better. Missed the start, no penalties and just caused complete havoc for other teams. Mo probably scored more vital goals and against the top sides more frequently mind. But I guess one could argue for both

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #8849 on: December 13, 2019, 01:38:42 am »
Personally think Suarez’ season was slightly better. Missed the start, no penalties and just caused complete havoc for other teams. Mo probably scored more vital goals and against the top sides more frequently mind. But I guess one could argue for both

I'd say he was quite a bit better.

Salah played with a far better team than what Suarez had to work with. Peak-Sturridge was perhaps on a similar level to our other forwards, but Sterling and Coutinho weren't yet there. Our midfield was functional and probably overly reliant on Stevie quarterbacking. Our back 5 was actually atrocious.

Suarez won so many games for us with his sheer ability and force of personality.

The difference between Salah and Suarez, for me is that Salah is an excellent and critical component of the team, whereas Suarez in that year was the lodestone on which the team was built.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8850 on: December 13, 2019, 04:10:21 am »
I'll throw in Dalglish, Souness and Barnes in who I have seen as being better than Sadio - he's still immense though.

Dalglish and especially Souness were entirely different types of players than Mane though, so that seems to me to be comparing apples and oranges.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8851 on: December 13, 2019, 04:12:12 am »
I'd say he was quite a bit better.

Salah played with a far better team than what Suarez had to work with. Peak-Sturridge was perhaps on a similar level to our other forwards, but Sterling and Coutinho weren't yet there. Our midfield was functional and probably overly reliant on Stevie quarterbacking. Our back 5 was actually atrocious.

Suarez won so many games for us with his sheer ability and force of personality.

The difference between Salah and Suarez, for me is that Salah is an excellent and critical component of the team, whereas Suarez in that year was the lodestone on which the team was built.

Another difference was that Salah is always well behaved unlike Suarez who was always playing near or at or beyond breaking and letdown point to the extent he would behave in an unacceptable fashion at times.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #8852 on: December 13, 2019, 08:50:11 am »
I think if you put Suarez in this team, he doesn’t have a season like he did, he’d still be amazing, he just wouldn’t look like the Tasmanian devil he was at that stage.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8853 on: December 13, 2019, 11:05:36 am »
Nice one Sadio.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #8854 on: December 13, 2019, 11:19:05 am »
I think if you put Suarez in this team, he doesn’t have a season like he did, he’d still be amazing, he just wouldn’t look like the Tasmanian devil he was at that stage.

The skills and goals were one thing, but the chaos Suarez caused was next level. Defenses shit themselves when he came running at them and this opened up opportunities for Sterling, Sturridge and the midfield on top of the frankly ridiculous stuff Suarez came up with himself. If Sadio had that in his game, that insane try-anything, aggressive chaos-imp madness, there's an arguament to be made.

Sadio is really amazing right now, but he's not Suarez. Good for him to be in the same discussion though.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #8855 on: December 15, 2019, 05:21:00 am »
What a great guy:
https://twitter.com/WatfordFC/status/1205877285150187520?s=20

Sarr looks at him like how I would look at Steven Gerrard

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #8856 on: December 15, 2019, 06:20:34 am »
Shame his goal was disallowed as it was well worked. Great cross by Shaq as well, reminiscent of his cross for Wijnaldum's second v Barca
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8857 on: December 15, 2019, 07:10:42 am »
Scored an awesome header....... and gets called out for his fingers being offside.  ::)
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8858 on: December 15, 2019, 08:56:25 am »
He's got a ridiculous knack of getting a difficult header on target.

Offline tinman1

• A friend of Dorothy
  • Kopite
« Reply #8859 on: December 15, 2019, 09:17:17 am »
Loved how when the goal was disallowed by VAR he just started waving his hands to jeer the players on saying 'Come onnnnnn' instead of being disappointed with it being disallowed.

This teams mentality is unbelievable!
“Well to be honest with you, I’ve not got a lot to say about David Haye apart from he’s not a proper fighter, is he? He’s basically a bit of a gay fighter as I’ve said. Nothing against gays, but if there was ever a gay fighter David Haye would be one. He showed nothing! He had all the talk beforehand and he went in there and acted like a bitch!"

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #8860 on: December 19, 2019, 10:55:53 pm »
This wonderful article about Sadio and his family and their home village is unlocked on The Athletic at the moment (not sure for how long):

https://theathletic.com/1367375/2019/11/12/the-pride-of-bambali-watching-sadio-at-home-with-the-mane-family/?source=shared-article

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #8861 on: December 19, 2019, 11:04:24 pm »
This wonderful article about Sadio and his family and their home village is unlocked on The Athletic at the moment (not sure for how long):

https://theathletic.com/1367375/2019/11/12/the-pride-of-bambali-watching-sadio-at-home-with-the-mane-family/?source=shared-article

Thank you so much for sharing this.  :wave

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #8862 on: December 19, 2019, 11:48:04 pm »
He's got a ridiculous knack of getting a difficult header on target.

Its the Luis Garcia technique
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #8863 on: December 20, 2019, 12:56:24 am »
He's a FIFA cheat mode, simple as. Sadio, one of the best ever, I thank you  ;D

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8864 on: December 20, 2019, 04:26:15 am »

Wow, absolutely brilliant!  Thanks for sharing that.  Sadio appears to be just as wonderful as a human being as he is as a footballer.   

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #8865 on: December 20, 2019, 06:30:10 am »
Banner (and song) with Nianthio in it?
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8866 on: December 20, 2019, 07:54:02 am »
I think Sadio is the best all round forward player I have seen in the premier league in 10 years. I think only Henry and Ronaldo are the name I would say match and probably better him at this point.

I define all round in this way; after watching him for 3/4 years, i'm not sure if LW, RW, or ST is his best position. He was electric in his 1st season at RW, moved to the left in yr 2 and his level dropped a fraction, but has since gone up in the last yr.  This might give people the impression he is better on the left, I just think he is so talented and versatile that he has adapted. He was at great threat cutting inside on his left from the righthand side as well, remember his goal against Arsenal (on debut I think)  Central striker is another position he looks born for as well, there seems to be no adaption there, his ability in the air is amazing and I think he would score 25 league goals every yr, if played exclusively thru the middle, we have bobby doing a great job there, so no need to adjust anything yet.  But you can make an argument to say he has looked "best in the world level" in 3 different forward positions.  A very rare thing, this would isolate him from suarez, torres, aguero, kane, drogba et al

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8867 on: December 20, 2019, 08:25:39 am »
I think Sadio is the best all round forward player I have seen in the premier league in 10 years. I think only Henry and Ronaldo are the name I would say match and probably better him at this point.

I define all round in this way; after watching him for 3/4 years, i'm not sure if LW, RW, or ST is his best position. He was electric in his 1st season at RW, moved to the left in yr 2 and his level dropped a fraction, but has since gone up in the last yr.  This might give people the impression he is better on the left, I just think he is so talented and versatile that he has adapted. He was at great threat cutting inside on his left from the righthand side as well, remember his goal against Arsenal (on debut I think)  Central striker is another position he looks born for as well, there seems to be no adaption there, his ability in the air is amazing and I think he would score 25 league goals every yr, if played exclusively thru the middle, we have bobby doing a great job there, so no need to adjust anything yet.  But you can make an argument to say he has looked "best in the world level" in 3 different forward positions.  A very rare thing, this would isolate him from suarez, torres, aguero, kane, drogba et al

Understand Torres, Aguero, Kane and Drogba, but not Suarez. He could play anywhere in the frontline and be a menace to the opposition. He is the only player whose peak could match Henry's and Ronaldo's in Premier League era (not including Ronaldo's stint in La Liga which would put him in a higher pedestal than the other two). Mane is slightly below these three imo. At least as of now.

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8868 on: December 20, 2019, 08:41:47 am »
Understand Torres, Aguero, Kane and Drogba, but not Suarez. He could play anywhere in the frontline and be a menace to the opposition. He is the only player whose peak could match Henry's and Ronaldo's in Premier League era (not including Ronaldo's stint in La Liga which would put him in a higher pedestal than the other two). Mane is slightly below these three imo. At least as of now.

I just think Suarez could play anywhere, but I think his threat is reduced, I wouldn't call him a world class wideman, like Mane is. Suarez is definitely a better centre forward than Mane, but I could put them both in the world class category as centre forwards from what I have seen IMO
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 10:13:53 am by markmywords »

Offline Swetty79

• Main Stander
« Reply #8869 on: December 20, 2019, 08:47:30 am »

I love reading about people giving back, such a lovely human being😊

Offline Swetty79

• Main Stander
« Reply #8870 on: December 20, 2019, 08:48:37 am »
He's goin to get better as well, fantastic player!

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8871 on: December 20, 2019, 08:52:33 am »

Has to be on a banner. Mane needs to be celebrated, not just for his football, but for what he has done for his community.

I can only imagine the togetherness that Bambali will feel when we have that banner on display. I would love to see Sadio's reaction to it too.

Please make it happen, someone. I will be happy to contribute.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #8872 on: December 21, 2019, 10:07:57 pm »
He was excellent today! I would never know how Salah got the golden ball award, but for me, Mane was the best player in that tournament.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #8873 on: December 21, 2019, 11:08:31 pm »
Living next door to Alice could be well known enough tune to get going for Mane? No?

Mane, Sadi-oo Mane

or Mane, who the fuck is Mane?

yeah, my coat and all..

Thought he was boss tonight..

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8874 on: December 22, 2019, 05:32:45 am »
A proper Liverpool player.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8875 on: December 22, 2019, 07:43:28 am »
He seems shy off the pitch
Not one for the dressing room celebrations.
Love him to bits

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #8876 on: December 22, 2019, 08:34:55 am »

Amazing idea, I bet he and his fam would love to see it!

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #8877 on: December 22, 2019, 10:54:08 am »
Every time the camera is on Sadio after we have won something, a cup or a game I think, jesus we are lucky to have him

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8878 on: December 22, 2019, 10:57:06 am »
First time yesterday that the opposition treated Mane as a bigger threat than Salah. Every time he had the ball they had 3 players around him. Still bossed it though.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #8879 on: December 22, 2019, 11:29:29 am »
Such a great guy

Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.