Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers  (Read 217496 times)

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Brendan Rodgers- New Celtic manager
« Reply #1560 on: May 21, 2017, 02:40:41 pm »
Well yeah considering they're the first team in over 100 years to unbeaten.  If it was so easy even the Lisbon lions teams would've gone unbeaten but they didn'/.
There used to be a team called Rangers who were quite good though.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1561 on: May 21, 2017, 02:41:43 pm »
There used to be a team called Rangers who were quite good though.

And what about the last few years then when Rangers were at the bottom of the pyramid working their way back up?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1562 on: May 21, 2017, 04:04:50 pm »
Well yeah considering they're the first team in over 100 years to unbeaten.  If it was so easy even the Lisbon Lions teams would've gone unbeaten but they didn't.

Think I heard both Celtic and Rangers both done it back in the late 1800's, and it was only and 18 game season back then.

Phenomenal achievement by Brendan and the team.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1563 on: May 21, 2017, 05:06:58 pm »
Incredible stuff, well in Brendan.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1564 on: May 21, 2017, 05:08:32 pm »
Well in Rodgers, terrific record.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1565 on: May 21, 2017, 05:15:52 pm »
That's going to stand a while, no. Wow. Well done.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #1566 on: May 21, 2017, 05:22:21 pm »
Has anyone other than Kolo been on two different Invincible teams in top flight leagues? It's very impressive!

Still love him.

<a href="https://m.youtube.com/v/wwJnTbOWRhk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://m.youtube.com/v/wwJnTbOWRhk</a>
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1567 on: May 21, 2017, 06:09:09 pm »
Incredible achievement, the standard could be mocked but it's still hard as fuck to do, I mean look at some of the shit we've lost to this season! Them games in the shitty weather, the games where both Griffiths and Dembele were injured, the games where they were more bothered about an upcoming CL game etc etc and they got through them all without losing and winning nearly all of them, thats mental. And it's probably the best Celtic team I've seen football wise too.

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan
  • "Football without the fans is nothing" -Jock Stein
« Reply #1568 on: May 21, 2017, 06:34:49 pm »
Has anyone other than Kolo been on two different Invincible teams in top flight leagues? It's very impressive!

Still love him.

<a href="https://m.youtube.com/v/wwJnTbOWRhk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://m.youtube.com/v/wwJnTbOWRhk</a>

Two of his current team mates have also done it...Lustig and Jozo.

The display was cracking.

The difference Brendan has made to this group of players has been amazing.  What a way to celebrate a year in the job.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 06:43:05 pm by ghirl67 »
"I got a bit of a slagging for it! Do people not know I'm a Celtic fan?" Kieran Tierney on asking his parents for a Celtic top for his Christmas (2017)

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1569 on: May 21, 2017, 06:57:51 pm »
Arsenal got a gold trophy.

Celtic didn't.  :-[

The displays from the Green Brigade were something else today. Top class!!!

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1570 on: May 21, 2017, 06:58:24 pm »
Congrats to him. Probably needs to move back to the prem though

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1571 on: May 21, 2017, 06:59:43 pm »
Hope we get to murder these c*nts in the CL.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1572 on: May 21, 2017, 06:59:49 pm »
Well in Brendan, fantastic achievement regardless of what league it is
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1573 on: May 21, 2017, 07:07:12 pm »

Somebody hurting much.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1574 on: May 21, 2017, 07:09:35 pm »
So pleased for Brendan, he's a really good manager and hopefully will only get better.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1575 on: May 21, 2017, 07:12:53 pm »

At least murder is a bit different from your post wishing cancer on kids the other week!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1576 on: May 21, 2017, 08:00:01 pm »
Well done Brendan and Celtic! ;D

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1577 on: May 21, 2017, 08:08:13 pm »

Are you a newco fan?  ;D

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1578 on: May 21, 2017, 08:09:38 pm »
Well done Brendan Rodgers. A fantastic achievement.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1579 on: May 21, 2017, 08:10:53 pm »
Great achievement, but I still think he needs to take a Premier League job soon.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1580 on: May 21, 2017, 09:22:50 pm »
Great achievement, but I still think he needs to take a Premier League job soon.

Na just started at Celtic. More to achieve

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1581 on: May 21, 2017, 09:26:11 pm »
Na just started at Celtic. More to achieve

He's already achieved everything domestically and Celtic aren't likely to make much of an impact in Europe. The longer hes out of the Premier League the harder he'll find it to get a top job.

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1582 on: May 21, 2017, 09:36:31 pm »
He's already achieved everything domestically and Celtic aren't likely to make much of an impact in Europe. The longer hes out of the Premier League the harder he'll find it to get a top job.

Aye, well he is a tad ambitious and he certainly has something to say on that subject. The board have so far given him what he has asked for.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 09:42:46 pm by ghirl67 »
"I got a bit of a slagging for it! Do people not know I'm a Celtic fan?" Kieran Tierney on asking his parents for a Celtic top for his Christmas (2017)

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1583 on: May 21, 2017, 09:46:25 pm »

some highlights vs Hearts today - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFhJq0IuAic

and some post-match stuff and interview with Rodgers - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW6sXNNhpIs
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1584 on: May 21, 2017, 09:48:27 pm »
Aye, well he is a tad ambitious and he certainly has something to say on that subject. The board have so far given him what he has asked for.

Rodgers is a good coach but he's achieved very little in Europe and will find it nigh on impossible to get the necessary quality to go far in the CL.

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #1585 on: May 21, 2017, 09:52:23 pm »
Well done Brendan.  But let's be honest here, that is one shite league. ;D
Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1586 on: May 21, 2017, 10:16:30 pm »
Why is Celtic pronounced Seltic rather than Keltic?

I was just wondering this in the shower :)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1589 on: May 21, 2017, 11:27:16 pm »
I wouldn't assume Brendan's next job will be in England. A fluent Spanish speaker means he could go there.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1590 on: May 21, 2017, 11:27:49 pm »
I wouldn't assume Brendan's next job will be in England. A fluent Spanish speaker means he could go there.
Would be a great move for him to go to Spain...
W

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1591 on: May 21, 2017, 11:28:52 pm »

Maybe but I'm not sure what move would really suit him. He's not getting any of the massive jobs anytime soon and would he want to join a team like Villarreal?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1592 on: May 21, 2017, 11:34:55 pm »
Newco fans and their mouthpiece paper :lmao

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/hotline/sports-hotline-unbeaten-season-kolo-8505632#m3Z8yrudvD0dQ7u5.97

Sports Hotline: Unbeaten season? Kolo Toure needs to engage his brain before he opens his mouth

GORDON PARKS took your calls and there was much derision over the arrival of the former Liverpool defender.

THERE’S been a delayed reaction to Kolo Toure’s claim that Celtic can go through the season unbeaten.

The remark was made during his unveiling on Monday and the Hotline reacted in predictable fashion.

Andy Paterson, Bellshill, said: “Toure should engage his brain before he opens his mouth as he had made a rod for his own back with the ‘unbeaten’ remark.

“He’s heaped pressure on himself before a ball has been kicked as Celtic aren’t capable of getting back to back wins at the moment, never mind an entire season.”

George Wilson, West Sussex : “Someone really ought to have a word with Toure. He obviously hasn’t seen his new team play. I remember last year or the year before when Celtic lost a big game and of the players said they would make up for it by winning the last 10 league games.They lost the next one.

John Bruce, emailed: “Toure, has said that he wants to go through the entire season unbeaten. Did he mean an entire month unbeaten? He obviously hasn’t seen any footage of his new team’s defence - especially their European antics.

Grant McPherson, Kilsyth, said: “Celtic fans should know that Toure is over the hill and is only moving to Scotland as he’s no longer up to playing down south.

“His comments are laughable and he’ll soon end up with egg on his face.”

Edward Lowe, emailed: “Maybe Scottish Football would improve if today’s players played with their feet like a Jimmy Johnstone or a Willie Henderson and a bit less with their mouth’s.”

Still on Celtic matters.

Pat Thompson, Parkhead, said: “Charlie Mulgrew hasn’t agreed a deal with Celtic because the terms aren’t to his liking apparently so the club should take the offer off the table and he can try his luck elsewhere.

Rangers fans are happy with what they’ve seen from their side in the Betfred League Cup .

Rab Easton, Cumbernauld, said: “Some of the football Rangers played against Stranraer was sensational and the likes of Joey Barton and Niko Kranjcar have added a real touch of class.

“I know it’s early in the campaign but the signs are positive for a successful season but i’d like a penalty box striker brought in to finish all the chances that are being created.”

Gary Beattie, Shotts, said: “Rangers have been decent against lower league clubs in the League Cup but we need to stop playing the ball from side to side.

“Kranjcar looks a real star and with the likes of Barrie McKay and Harry Forrester we should be going forward at every opportunity and playing to our strengths.”

Eric Simpson, Wishaw, said: “Kranjcar looks capable of being the player of the year in Scotland this season and Barton won’t be far behind him.

“I’m convinced Rangers are going to get their crown back and be champions next summer as we have a stronger squad than Celtic and boss Mark Warburton has assembled a side oozing with class.”

Andy Paterson, Bishopbriggs, said: “Rangers fans shouldn’t get carried away with a few wins over Scottish lower league sides as it’s been a stroll and we haven’t been tested defensively yet.

“I believe we are a decent defender and a goal poacher away from being a really top side.”

Andy Lawder, Balloch, said: “I think Aberdeen are good enough to beat Maribor and get through to the Europa League play-off as it’s time for a Scottish club to have a bit of belief. There is too much of a defeatist attitude going into these type of games as our clubs should be confident of beating a team from Slovenia.”

Ian Loudon, Dunfermline, said: “I would like to comment on Hotline caller John Munro who stated that referee Bobby Madden has made a rod for every ref’s back in the coming season.

“It’s the players who make a rod for their own back with this continual cheating every time a cross comes into the box. Penalising them at every turn might just eventually stop this nonsense.

And finally, make of this call what you will.

George Kelly, emailed: Henrik Larssons boy wouldn’t get in the Rangers team same as his overrated old man.”

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1594 on: May 22, 2017, 02:32:00 am »
Kolo's response:

King Kenny.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #1595 on: May 22, 2017, 03:48:06 pm »
Phenomenal achievement by Brendan and the team.

Yep, well in Brendan.

Thing is though, one season and he's (assuming they go on to lift the Scottish Cup) done everything he possibly could there in a domestic sense. I guess their target now must be to make an impact in Europe, but that will be far easier said than done for a team with their current resources.

Is repeating the trick next season enough for Rodgers, or does he start thinking about a new challenge already? I imagine he'll be fielding one or two offers this summer.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 03:50:05 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1596 on: May 22, 2017, 03:56:58 pm »
Yep, well in Brendan.

Thing is though, one season and he's (assuming they go on to lift the Scottish Cup) done everything he possibly could there in a domestic sense. I guess their target now must be to make an impact in Europe, but that will be far easier said than done for a team with their current resources.

Is repeating the trick next season enough for Rodgers, or does he start thinking about a new challenge already? I imagine he'll be fielding one or two offers this summer.

I think one of two things happens. He either ends up leaving in the summer, with nothing left to achieve at Celtic or he ends up staying for a generation and becomes their greatest ever manager.

I have a suspicion that the latter option might be a big dangly carrot for him. Go and travel round Europe doing a club every 5 years, probably never winning a league title or having a massive statue erected of you outside Celtic Park, retiring having won 10 league titles and 10 Scottish Cups.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #1597 on: May 22, 2017, 04:19:54 pm »
I think one of two things happens. He either ends up leaving in the summer, with nothing left to achieve at Celtic or he ends up staying for a generation and becomes their greatest ever manager.

I have a suspicion that the latter option might be a big dangly carrot for him. Go and travel round Europe doing a club every 5 years, probably never winning a league title or having a massive statue erected of you outside Celtic Park, retiring having won 10 league titles and 10 Scottish Cups.

He'll probably end up at West Ham sooner or later. Can't see Bilic last for much longer there and Brendan likes to play the possession football that's in their DNA.
Linudden.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1598 on: May 22, 2017, 04:28:34 pm »

The Summer?  No chance. 

He only signed a 4 year deal in April his words were "couldn't be happier".  His a Celtic fan and his not leaving after 1 year.  He keeps making the point this is just the start and there is a way to go.

Yes he could possibly win everything domestically in season 1 but that doesn't mean that all what he wanted to achieve. 

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #1599 on: May 22, 2017, 04:29:48 pm »