Author Topic: Hillsborough Documentary on now.  (Read 17195 times)

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Re: Hillsborough Documentary on now.
« Reply #1 on: May 8, 2016, 09:45:05 pm »
This is incredibly moving.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Shambles.....with a capital S!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • In it for the long haul. Come on you Reds.
« Reply #2 on: May 8, 2016, 09:48:28 pm »
This is a seriously hard watch for obvious reasons but the whole country needs to watch.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #3 on: May 8, 2016, 09:49:33 pm »
It's incredible emotional and difficult to watch. It's essential viewing though and i hope as many people see it as possible

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4 on: May 8, 2016, 10:09:46 pm »
Dreadfully harrowing...

You poor people who had to experience this ....

I don't have the words to describe how I feel, let alone you....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline SyukriJ

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Out of darkness cometh light
« Reply #5 on: May 8, 2016, 10:23:05 pm »
I am literally in tears watching this. You know the story but to go through this is just heart breaking. I can't imagine what the families are going through over the last 27 years #JFT96
"One of the things I keep reminding players is that when you're lost in a fog you must stick together" - Bob Paisley

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #6 on: May 8, 2016, 10:39:57 pm »
It's difficult to watch but very well done. Very emotional.
#JFT97

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7 on: May 8, 2016, 10:46:25 pm »
Heartbraking. The families are such an inspiration.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #8 on: May 8, 2016, 11:04:26 pm »
Prof Phil Scraton..

"People said they wanted the truth warts and all"

"There was no warts just the truth"
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 8, 2016, 11:06:41 pm »
As I posted in the other thread

Mr Scraton, if I could be informal for a moment - You are a fucking hero.

I don't think I've ever been so angry so many times in the space of 2 hours
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #10 on: May 8, 2016, 11:07:38 pm »
Justice delayed is justice denied.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11 on: May 8, 2016, 11:25:35 pm »
Some of that footage I hadn't seen before.  Shocking. Watched it with my wife who has very little interest in football but glad she could see it for what it was far better than I've ever been able to explain it.

Thank you Professor Scraton.

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 8, 2016, 11:30:57 pm »
Just sat and watched and have been through just about every emotion possible from shock to anger and everything in between but left in awe of the families and Professor Scraton without them we would be no closer to the truth.

Now its time for them who put the families through 27 years of hell to go to jail. Sooner the better!
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: May 8, 2016, 11:33:18 pm »
Said it before and i will say it again. Thankyou Prof.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #14 on: May 8, 2016, 11:39:46 pm »
Through my own ignorance I never really realised the massive role played by Prof. Scraton. Thank you for always believing and never wavering in that belief.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: May 8, 2016, 11:41:43 pm »
Through my own ignorance I never really realised the massive role played by Prof. Scraton. Thank you for always believing and never wavering in that belief.

A vital cog in the wheel. Don't think we'd have ever got justice if it wasn't for him.

That's not to downplay the role of others mind you.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #16 on: May 8, 2016, 11:45:22 pm »
Just sat and watched and have been through just about every emotion possible from shock to anger and everything in between but left in awe of the families and Professor Scraton without them we would be no closer to the truth.

Now its time for them who put the families through 27 years of hell to go to jail. Sooner the better!

Basically you said everything i was going to post , need to just add  that i must admit i felt for that officer as well, its the senior ranks who i detest not bobbies like him and the others they featured,  as for Middup what a stain on humanity .
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #17 on: May 8, 2016, 11:47:49 pm »
A lie with no evidence beleived for years yet the hard truth with evidence to back it up was dismissed for so so many years really gets to me.
How this can be so in this 21st century "Great" Britain is disgusting.

I just get so angry every time i see or read something this notion never goes away.

Phil Scraton - immense

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #18 on: May 8, 2016, 11:52:20 pm »
I watched it about a year ago on the Netflix US site, so was very glad to see the new ending following the inquests. All credit to Daniel Gordon for telling the story truthfully and sensitively.

Prof Phil Scraton is one of the greatest people in Liverpool's history.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: May 9, 2016, 12:03:18 am »
There are no words to describe what a hero Phil Scraton is. That was a very raw, very powerful documentary that everyone should watch.
Thank you Jurgen

Offline terrible suits

• Formerly: terrisus
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Justice for the 96 - You'll Never Walk Alone
    • terrisus.com
« Reply #20 on: May 9, 2016, 12:10:14 am »
Prof Phil Scraton is one of the greatest people in history.

Looks like you made a little mistake in your post.  ;)
I fixed it for you, though  ;D

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #21 on: May 9, 2016, 12:14:51 am »
Incredibly painful to watch and a roller coaster of emotions. Second time I watch (because it's basically the ESPN 30 for 30 doc that was aired 2 years ago plus the reaction after the result of the new inquests) it. In tears again. I want to give a big hug to Phil Scraton and those families that suffered so much on top of the loss of their loved ones. Only admiration for your courage.

Not that you didn't know it but...

David Conn ‏@david_conn  2h2 hours ago
Hillsborough documentary: These horrific scenes, filmed by BBC, were shown repeatedly at inquests. Police in court still blaming the victims

The depth of their inhumanity, cruelty is truly bottomless. Horrible scum.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline driftinwest

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone.
« Reply #22 on: May 9, 2016, 12:18:54 am »
I had to watch it a bit later on my pc but the emotions and anger have got me gunning for justice against those horrible bastards who have so much to answer for. I could go on but won't there's a condemn list that would go on a long time, Lets thank the BBC for the program
 Justice for the 96
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #23 on: May 9, 2016, 12:21:49 am »
Harrowing to say the least and what the families have went through over the last 27 years is shocking but the truth is out.We always knew the truth now the whole world does so lets hope those people who were to blame get their just desserts.YNWA
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #24 on: May 9, 2016, 12:29:48 am »
Emotionally shattering watching that. The anger is overwhelming.

The pure evil involved by people charged to protect us is too much to process. The sanitizers, the people hiding evidence. Made sure they lived their careers out first.

27 years. Sickening

God I hope a lot of people saw that.

RIP 96
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: May 9, 2016, 12:34:07 am »
Link in the Hillsborough thread for anyone abroad who couldn't see via BBC iplayer
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline NigelManx

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #26 on: May 9, 2016, 12:42:05 am »
Very moving and once again brings to light what went on all through the years..Respect to all the families and Liverpool supporters through the years for their never ending fight for justice.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: May 9, 2016, 12:43:05 am »
You avoid posting in here because you just don't know what to say. You post in other threads and think others will have their say in this thread. But it's important that we bump it. We all should have watched it. Harrowing.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 9, 2016, 12:52:16 am »
Complete and upmost respect for everybody that fought so hard for justice and to bring The Truth out.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
YNWA

Offline terrible suits

• Formerly: terrisus
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Justice for the 96 - You'll Never Walk Alone
    • terrisus.com

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #31 on: May 9, 2016, 01:04:35 am »
https://www.change.org/p/parliament-strip-bernard-ingham-of-his-knighthood

Bastard

And its not lost on me that Thatcher pops it and hey presto out comes the truth.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: May 9, 2016, 05:37:19 am »
We were able to watch this in America 18 months or so ago as it ended at the point where the original inquests were quashed. I was initially skeptical as I didn't think ESPN 30 for 30 could do it justice but I think it's perhaps the best overall documentary on the subject as it not only traces the roots of the disaster through to giving a clear understanding of what happened, but the police corruption and denial of justice and the emotional impact it had. It moved a lot of people in the US who arent interested in football, the part where Tony Evans was asked if he'd robbed the dead to which he asked  "would yo u do that?"  answer "no" " to which he shouted "then why do you think I would do that?!" was like a punch in the gut. Same with the chants for justice for the 96 at the memorial it was just heartbreaking. Essential viewing for anyone who needs to be educated on what happened.

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #33 on: May 9, 2016, 07:47:43 am »
Had to keep pausing it - such a hard and emotional watch.

Another day - that was not mentioned in the documentary - was the day we played Arsenal in the FA Cup - Truth Day.  I truly believe that got the ball rolling in getting all the fans on board (I know many were already), and also reminded the rest of the country that Justice was still not done - after that followed the 20th Anniversary.

I echo what others have said - Phil Scraton is an absolute hero.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #34 on: May 9, 2016, 07:57:19 am »
I was there that day, I started to watch the documentary but was a bit tired after getting back from the match yesterday, so recorded it to watch later.

To be honest after 15/20 minutes also I got a bit upset, might have to watch it bit by bit.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #35 on: May 9, 2016, 07:57:41 am »
Had to keep pausing it - such a hard and emotional watch.

Another day - that was not mentioned in the documentary - was the day we played Arsenal in the FA Cup - Truth Day.  I truly believe that got the ball rolling in getting all the fans on board (I know many were already), and also reminded the rest of the country that Justice was still not done - after that followed the 20th Anniversary.

I echo what others have said - Phil Scraton is an absolute hero.

That six minutes of continuous chanting was so powerful.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: May 9, 2016, 08:01:46 am »
Watched it with my wife and lad who is 15. He wouldn't have been here if luck didn't get me out.

The lads on the pitch kept the death toll from beyond the many hundreds and have rightly been recognised for this.

Phil Scraton, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #37 on: May 9, 2016, 08:08:25 am »
Watched it with my wife and lad who is 15. He wouldn't have been here if luck didn't get me out.

The lads on the pitch kept the death toll from beyond the many hundreds and have rightly been recognised for this.

Phil Scraton, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Just so many heroes on the pitch and in the pens.  Showing the police how it should be done.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #38 on: May 9, 2016, 08:09:08 am »
I couldn't bring myself to watch it. It's probably only since 2012 that I have realised that I am still traumatised by the disaster itself and my feelings of guilt in the years since.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #39 on: May 9, 2016, 08:09:56 am »
I struggled to sleep last night after watching this. Some very moving moments and Phil Scraton deserves every honour available to him after all his hard work.

Some of the stories from the police were just as harrowing, like the one who had a breakdown while sitting in his car and later found out his statement had been completely changed.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."