Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 599569 times)

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #560 on: September 24, 2016, 07:46:00 pm »
He's in the middle of the four in a 4-1-4-1 with Wijnaldum but today was I couldn't get my head round what was happening. Lallana and Coutinho were swapping positions all the time, it was so fluid.
I'm pretty sure formation dissolved today at the point where it was just like...do what you want, you're battering these...

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #561 on: September 24, 2016, 07:47:44 pm »
Best English footballer about on current form

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: September 24, 2016, 08:59:26 pm »
Starting to love him more than Charlie Adam!!

What a player!

:lmao

Offline simbo

• Kopite
« Reply #563 on: September 24, 2016, 09:26:39 pm »
Best English footballer about on current form

Reminds me of Hleb

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: September 24, 2016, 09:36:31 pm »
A very clever finish. He had very little time to get his shot away and he just calmly put it into the corner. A less confident Lallana would most probably have slashed at it and blazed it over the bar.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: September 24, 2016, 09:40:41 pm »
is he the best British player in the league?

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #566 on: September 24, 2016, 09:48:07 pm »
is he the best British player in the league?
That would be Rooney.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #567 on: September 24, 2016, 09:51:57 pm »
He is an intelligent lad and loves to learn from Klopp.

Technically, he is wonderful and he works so hard.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: September 24, 2016, 09:58:26 pm »
He looks so much more comfortable in midfield, a real workhorse attitude with a touch of technical brilliance and an eye for a pass. Also looks much more at home attacking from deeper positions rather than having to drift wide to find space as he does in a 4231 system.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #569 on: September 24, 2016, 10:08:02 pm »
Loving the fact he is getting the appreciation and love he deserves,  not just saying it , but ever since we signed him I was excited.  Check earlier posts in this thread, it was all about he just needed that end product to his game ie goals and we had a hell of a player on our hands.   Love him. The best balance of shifting his body(without the ball) left to right and vice versa is arguable teh best Ive seen.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: September 24, 2016, 10:11:41 pm »
Always liked him as a player, but I didn't think he'd have this much influence on the team, he makes a difference every minute he plays. Beautiful, and an extremely hard working, footballer who looks made for the midfield role Klopp has given him.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #571 on: September 24, 2016, 10:35:54 pm »
He is looking so good at the moment, along with his flicks and his understanding with our Brazilian duo growing game by game.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #572 on: September 24, 2016, 10:39:20 pm »
His 'Lallana' turn on the edge of the box for Mané's goal was jaw dropping. A foreign player does that and it's on repeat on SSN for the week. Forget the Makelele role there's the Lallana role now.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: September 24, 2016, 10:47:13 pm »
I think Lallana's improvement is down to buying into Klopp's project completely. If you have a coach as good as Klopp, it's best to go with it rather than fight against it. It's not only Lallana, all of the players who are buying into Klopp's tactics are prospering (more than others who aren't).

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #574 on: September 24, 2016, 11:03:02 pm »
Player of the month.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: September 24, 2016, 11:07:42 pm »
Immense player. Easily one of the most in form players in the league currently

Online the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #576 on: September 24, 2016, 11:46:38 pm »
Starting to love him more than Charlie Adam!!

What a player!
;D
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #577 on: September 24, 2016, 11:50:56 pm »
I remember a couple of years back some dude on here said Lallana was perfect for a Dortmund team. Spookily accurate!
Klopp said he's been an admirer since Dortmund. He was seriously considering buying him. Lallana's basically Klopp on the pitch.
This is the Lallana that prompted us to buy him from Southampton. He was a goalscoring midfield machine. Think he registered 10(?) in the season before we bought him.

Quality again. Has been great in every game. Him and Mane our best players this season
I actually think Mane's experiencing one of those dips in form- for the past 3 games now. Imagine when he IS on form.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 11:53:24 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #578 on: September 25, 2016, 12:12:55 am »
About his goal. The ball from Coutinho is not easy to control. The angle is not kind on Lallana and there are two defenders about to pounce. Most Premier League players would not have been able to deal with it. I suspect Coutinho knew that but saw that it was Lallana ahead of him. He passed.

In a way that's all you need to know about Lallana. His teammates know he's the most technically gifted player in the side. Even the Brazilians know it.

And he's also a Marathon Man.

We are truly blessed. 
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #579 on: September 25, 2016, 12:14:25 am »
Aaah. What a transformation. Our player of the season so far (Sorry, Mane). I really hope he keeps this up, as he's been utterly brilliant. The move in the build up to Mane's goal was delicious.

Offline Notfromaroundhere

• Kopite
« Reply #580 on: September 25, 2016, 12:25:00 am »
I'm pretty sure formation dissolved today at the point where it was just like...do what you want, you're battering these...

Yeah, like Klopp said the other day: the only time you should see our formation is when we're defending. When we have the ball, it's all about flexibility.

And against Hull there wasn't much established defending happening. Basically ninety minutes of possession and counter-pressing  :D

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: September 25, 2016, 12:38:36 am »
Couldn't be happier for him. I don't have anything to say that hasn't been said, but if he can keep this up, this season is going to special. Thus far it's confirmation both of Lallana's true ability and Klopp's.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: September 25, 2016, 01:51:05 am »
When he was at Soton, I wanted us to sign him, I was convinced that he would fit us like a glove the way he plays football. It took time, but he does fit us like a glove, I'm delighted for him.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #583 on: September 25, 2016, 01:53:21 am »
He's sound this lad. I've always seen how hard he tries but before Klopp I wondered about his top potential.

He's shutting my mouth. Couldn't be happier with the way he's silencing the doubters. What's left to doubt? Keep on going lad!  8)

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #584 on: September 25, 2016, 01:58:48 am »
His worst performance for the year....that says a bit considering a fair few had him MOTM

Hehe. His fantasy league points don't attest to that ;).

Seriously, though. He's been immense. Always loved the lad and now we're seeing him replicate that Southampton form in the way of scoring.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #585 on: September 25, 2016, 01:59:22 am »
I get as wrong as often as anyone, but I've always had faith in Lallana. Such a classy player and Klopp has added some grit and spirit on top of that. Love watching him play.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #586 on: September 25, 2016, 02:02:04 am »
absolutely made up for him. a perfect klopp player - match made in heaven

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: September 25, 2016, 02:10:07 am »
I get as wrong as often as anyone, but I've always had faith in Lallana. Such a classy player and Klopp has added some grit and spirit on top of that. Love watching him play.

I doubt you get it wrong as often as I do - I've never had faith in Lallana and up until this season I thought he was a trier with a nice line in Cruyff turns and not much else. I honestly thought he was lucky to still be here come the end of the transfer window. He's making me eat my words in utterly comprehensive fashion with some fantastic performances. Long may it continue.

Offline JG6

• Anny Roader
« Reply #588 on: September 25, 2016, 02:20:36 am »
A pal of mine plays for Norwich and I asked him last year 'who is the best player you've played against?' He said overall it was Suarez (as you'd expect as a Norwich player!) but technically, the best he's played against is Lallana. Said he's got it all, two great feet, every trick in the book, lovely touch, great passer. Shows just how good he is.

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: September 25, 2016, 02:29:18 am »
Excellent again today, joy to watch.  One thing I was worried about at one point was his engine but he's just a machine and nice to see got a nice 20-25 min rest.
choose Life.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #590 on: September 25, 2016, 02:30:02 am »
Was boss again. Exquisite foot control.

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: September 25, 2016, 02:35:20 am »
Love him.

Honestly, I was never a naysayer or a big fan, but I thought his level was decent squad player/first guy off the bench for a CL side. Didn't think he'd be one of the most important first 11 players in a team this good!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 02:37:02 am by Kopenhagen »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: September 25, 2016, 03:54:13 am »
I love that our flair players are some of the hardest working in the team.  Made up for Lallana.  Deserves the plaudits.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #593 on: September 25, 2016, 04:07:02 am »
Answered his critics big time. He's the heartbeat of our side.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: September 25, 2016, 09:06:31 am »
He is absolutely made for the position he is playing in and full credit to Klopp for making it happen. Before the summer I thought he was a player who would drop out of the starting line-up for our potential new signings, when in reality he has become undroppable.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: September 25, 2016, 09:11:57 am »
Is he officially no longer "a tart"?
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: September 25, 2016, 09:25:40 am »
Just keeps getting better and better. That assist for Mane's goal, wow.

Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #597 on: September 25, 2016, 09:30:36 am »
6 games in, he's already half way to his highest ever G+A tally in a red shirt. It's going to be a monster season.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: September 25, 2016, 09:35:26 am »
Best game he has played in that new midfield role, and I think possibly his best game for us overall given his huge influence on the match. Really seems to be loving his football right now and long may it continue.

Offline ass sitting midfielder

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
    • http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/users/10882/8584/avatar92.jpg?1453804063
« Reply #599 on: September 25, 2016, 10:03:59 am »
6 games in, he's already half way to his highest ever G+A tally in a red shirt. It's going to be a monster season.
Out of curiosity, what is the best bet to find out about our players in terms of productivity? Looks like these sites will be busy with LFC players updates this year! And rather surprisingly, it looks to be Adam Lallana reaching double digit (goals+assists) as the first Liverpool player this season  :o

Firmino, Mané, Sturridge, Lallana, Coutinho, Milner!, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Origi - in that order for me. All players cabaple of hitting 15+ "productivity points" this season. Unbelievable Jeff