Author Topic: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico  (Read 584405 times)

Offline Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
Re: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico
« Reply #3480 on: February 15, 2022, 03:29:41 pm »
Important to keep some hispanohablantes at the club...

Absolutely. Probably also a good idea to have a few Spanish-speakers as well ;)
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3481 on: February 15, 2022, 03:39:39 pm »
Absolutely. Probably also a good idea to have a few Spanish-speakers as well ;)
;D

Sprechen vous Espaggettinol?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3482 on: February 15, 2022, 03:57:48 pm »
Very odd decision by the club.

Think that's impossible to judge without knowing the terms we'll be offering. For all we know we could be reducing his wages significantly, offering a one-year deal and a pathway into coaching. That certainly wouldn't be odd.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3483 on: February 15, 2022, 07:18:15 pm »
El Burro deserves everything 💪
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3484 on: February 16, 2022, 09:57:54 am »
There is no doubt Jurgen thinks Milner work ethics are well worth keeping around as the lad is still fitter than 99% of his fellow pros. Imagine coming in after a few weeks off and getting your ass lapped by a man 15 years older than you. James also has shown you got to be versatile and roll with the punches as he has adapted with every year that has gone by. Started life as a winger, could play in the center in any position and even fill in as the full back on either side if pushed. Even now as fellow pros like Rooney look like he is 56 instead of 36 tuck into his pancakes, Milner is probably in the gym / on the field practicing when everyone else is packing to go home. That's the sort of drive you want around the younger lads and surely makes them want to work even harder to keep succeeding. 
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3485 on: February 16, 2022, 10:11:33 am »
It's not that strange thinking player's wages as they get older can shift down, their negotiating position isn't great as not likely they can argue (to take Bobby as an example) there is a team willing to match or better his current £180k a week even if he did move on a free.

Sure but I think its a lot, lot rarer than people think.

With someone like Milner maybe I could see him accepting a lower wage with the plan to phase him into the coaching set-up (we're not going to pay a coach £140k a week) but the ones like Bobby, Hendo, Sadio etc we're not going to drop their wages when this next contract generally is when most players get the highest wages. I also don't think we're actually as strict/ruthless as people think. We extended Lallana purely so he could stick around for us winning the league, we've extended Adrian when it seemed pretty obvious he'd be unlikely to get a game, we've kept Karius around when its very obvious he's not going to get a game and we could have terminated his deal.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #3486 on: February 16, 2022, 06:19:57 pm »
im sure the leeds allure must be strong but we are actually the club he's spent the most time at and hopefully be the one where he wins every trophy (only needs both cups now i think)
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3487 on: February 16, 2022, 06:30:29 pm »
im sure the leeds allure must be strong but we are actually the club he's spent the most time at and hopefully be the one where he wins every trophy (only needs both cups now i think)

Need the Europa League I think, which I hope we never compete for ha.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3488 on: February 16, 2022, 10:06:51 pm »
Came on for his 800th career appearance.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3489 on: February 16, 2022, 10:07:23 pm »
Great achievement

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3490 on: February 16, 2022, 10:07:50 pm »
Here's to 800 more
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3491 on: February 16, 2022, 10:08:24 pm »
Amazing number. 😀
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #3492 on: February 17, 2022, 07:22:46 am »
That stat that’s his career is older than the CL round of 16 is pretty amazing.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3493 on: February 18, 2022, 03:19:42 pm »
Contrary to reports, Liverpool “haven’t made an offer to James Milner” regarding a contract extension. [@neiljonesgoal via @TheRedmenTV]

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3494 on: February 18, 2022, 03:37:14 pm »
Contrary to reports, Liverpool “haven’t made an offer to James Milner” regarding a contract extension. [@neiljonesgoal via @TheRedmenTV]

I hope that's not true. I don't know how he does it but I truly believe he has another year left in him.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3495 on: February 18, 2022, 03:39:43 pm »
I hope that's not true. I don't know how he does it but I truly believe he has another year left in him.

Not drinking alcohol has a massive benefit in this.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3496 on: February 18, 2022, 05:09:30 pm »

Milner has multiple years left in him, the problem is he doesnt have multiple years at elite high level left in him. I dont have an issue giving him an extension solely for the value he clearly offers in the dressing room and behind the scenes. But Id assume we would be offering a deal at a reduced rate to be honest and he may feel he can get game time at a PL club starting and getting paid more

We will be interesting to see what happens

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #3497 on: February 18, 2022, 05:51:15 pm »

Weren't there quotes from Klopp saying we're in talks?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3498 on: February 18, 2022, 09:25:33 pm »
Weren't there quotes from Klopp saying we're in talks?

He said:

“There are talks but, how always, we usually don’t comment further on that. There’s no reason for it. But yes, of course – I am in talks, the club is in talks with Millie, we will see.”

It was a bit vague, not anything specifically about a contract being on the table.

I expect him to leave, if he wants to play more minutes then surely he has too, as he shouldn’t really be starting a lot of games here now let alone next season.

Offline marmite sw

• Main Stander
« Reply #3499 on: February 18, 2022, 09:45:01 pm »
hope he stays and then when he stops playing i hope he still stays the man is a machine that will rub off think what he can do for the rest off pitch as well as on
im autistic and have dyslexia as well as being born deaf so if thats a problem then its your problem ... awaits the gramma nazis ......lfc supporter since 1976 watch every game and get up to liverpool as often as i can......

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3500 on: February 18, 2022, 09:49:55 pm »
Here's to 800 more

And I will play 800 games, and I will play 800 more!

More sensibly, I really hope he stays in some capacity. It's great for a young lad like Elliot to see a guy who made his debut at 16 still plying his trade at 36. I get that he might want to play more and still feel he has something to offer the right team, but I'll be fucking gutted when he goes. He's the ultimate professional, and I'm so very glad we have him.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3501 on: February 19, 2022, 10:16:20 am »
And I will play 800 games, and I will play 800 more!

More sensibly, I really hope he stays in some capacity. It's great for a young lad like Elliot to see a guy who made his debut at 16 still plying his trade at 36. I get that he might want to play more and still feel he has something to offer the right team, but I'll be fucking gutted when he goes. He's the ultimate professional, and I'm so very glad we have him.

Spot on.

The example he sets for the young lads is vital in bringing them through.
I'm sure Klopp and the club will want to keep him in a reduced role but it really depends on how he see's his future, move elsewhere to continue playing (understandable) or start to integrate in to a playing/coaching role.

I am sure this is something he has prepared for mentally.

Its very similar to the McAllister situation a few years back and Milner has to and will make the right decision for himself but I hope he stays with us. 

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3502 on: February 19, 2022, 10:20:10 am »
I wouldn't be surprised if we were interested in offering him a place on the staff especially now he is doing his badges. If he wants to play he will probably have to move, but maybe they are planning for his future after he gives up playing. He seems to have a good relationship with the academy staff and he took a big interest when we were playing a lot of those boys.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3503 on: February 19, 2022, 10:51:58 am »
I think this summer feels like the right time for him to go if he wants to keep playing regularly. Would hope he will stay at the club in some capacity, but if he wants to play 30 plus games a season at a decent level then he will go.

Also got to remember his wage will be massive for a player who rarely plays, so renewing it may be tricky for us given I assume we would expect him to take a big hit on his new deal.

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #3504 on: February 27, 2022, 07:53:18 pm »
Milner becomes the first player in history to create a sport, sign off the founding rules of the game, galvanise an entire nation in to regarding it as their national sport, seamlessly manage its transition to professional status and then pick up a league cup trophy (his second) 150 years later, after a decent penalty. Top career.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 09:35:27 pm by Penfold78 »

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3505 on: February 27, 2022, 09:51:25 pm »
Double Ribena tonight.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3506 on: February 27, 2022, 10:17:48 pm »
Milner becomes the first player in history to create a sport, sign off the founding rules of the game, galvanise an entire nation in to regarding it as their national sport, seamlessly manage its transition to professional status and then pick up a league cup trophy (his second) 150 years later, after a decent penalty. Top career.

All of this, and his body language ahead of the first pen was brilliant.  He's James Milner.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3507 on: February 27, 2022, 10:40:40 pm »
All of this, and his body language ahead of the first pen was brilliant.  He's James Milner.
yeah Kepa was starting his bullshit.  Millie couldn't give a fukk.  :)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3508 on: February 27, 2022, 11:17:17 pm »
Double Ribena tonight.

ready to double Rudiger over as well...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3509 on: February 27, 2022, 11:26:43 pm »
It boils Blueloons piss Milner left them and picked up trophies especially the CL.

What a signing he's been, played at a high level in multiple positions and one of the leaders in the dressing room.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #3510 on: February 28, 2022, 07:37:08 am »
He’s already had his weetabix this morning and is on the final mile of his daily half marathon before he open ups the gates to the training ground (he doubles as the janitor).

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3511 on: February 28, 2022, 07:45:05 am »
It boils Blueloons piss Milner left them and picked up trophies especially the CL.

What a signing he's been, played at a high level in multiple positions and one of the leaders in the dressing room.

Don’t they think he left for the money? :lmao

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #3512 on: February 28, 2022, 01:55:49 pm »
Won the toss to choose ends and and also to go first for pens.

What a complete tosser Jimmy is.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #3513 on: February 28, 2022, 02:06:25 pm »
Won the toss to choose ends and and also to go first for pens.

What a complete tosser Jimmy is.
Not to mention telling Rudiger to fuck off. ;D
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #3514 on: February 28, 2022, 02:07:07 pm »
Not to mention telling Rudiger to fuck off. ;D

That was a quality moment is there a gif of it anywhere
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3515 on: February 28, 2022, 02:08:49 pm »
That was a quality moment is there a gif of it anywhere

Really would like to see this, someone alert Jason...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3516 on: February 28, 2022, 02:10:02 pm »
Calm down James, lets not go overboard.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3518 on: February 28, 2022, 06:26:45 pm »
Calm down James, lets not go overboard.

he looks like he's thinking "fukk, I'm going to miss all this".

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3519 on: March 1, 2022, 02:00:12 am »
^^^ Nah, it's more like "Guys, I'll give you a head start..."
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."