Author Topic: ASTON VILLA - Mingy and Moaning Moobs  (Read 321626 times)

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
Re: HAPPY ASTON VILLA OFFICIAL RELEGATION DAY EVERYONE!
« Reply #1360 on: July 27, 2020, 12:17:28 pm »
In the end it did come down to that “goal” in the Sheffield Utd game. Exactly what people said would happen, happened, and just cost another team tens of millions, if not more.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1361 on: July 27, 2020, 12:57:49 pm »
I'd say something if it happened on the last day but Bournemouth had plenty of time to make it up.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1362 on: July 27, 2020, 03:55:27 pm »
I'd say something if it happened on the last day but Bournemouth had plenty of time to make it up.
Yep.  Bournemouth lost 4-0 at home to Newcastle after that.  No one to blame but themselves.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1363 on: July 27, 2020, 03:58:16 pm »
In the end it did come down to that “goal” in the Sheffield Utd game. Exactly what people said would happen, happened, and just cost another team tens of millions, if not more.

You could only really say that if that happened in the last game of the season.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1364 on: July 27, 2020, 03:58:49 pm »

Sorry just seen you had made my point already

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1365 on: July 27, 2020, 04:12:16 pm »
It's also factually incorrect as they'd have stayed up by the virtue of scoring one more goal than Bournemouth.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1366 on: July 27, 2020, 04:20:39 pm »
It's also factually incorrect as they'd have stayed up by the virtue of scoring one more goal than Bournemouth.

Think you need to try and work that out again ;D
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1367 on: July 27, 2020, 04:29:34 pm »
Think you need to try and work that out again ;D

Ha!

Yes I gave them an extra GD rather than negative GD.  ;D  Long day.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1368 on: July 27, 2020, 06:24:04 pm »
So we can’t have a vote to relegate Villa and keep Bournemouth then? The last 3 seasons we’ve beaten them 19-1. I’m going to miss them, so will Mo.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1369 on: July 28, 2020, 03:14:39 am »
Happy that Villa stayed up as I don't mind them. It was definitely time for Bournemouth to go, they've been treading water for a couple of seasons now. Perhaps need this to kick them into some kind of meaningful action again,

Just a shame West Ham stayed up
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1370 on: July 28, 2020, 01:31:00 pm »
From Sky:

Bournemouth's board will meet later this week to discuss the possibility of pursuing a compensation claim against Hawk-Eye, whose mistake may have contributed to their relegation from the Premier League.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1371 on: July 28, 2020, 01:55:21 pm »
From Sky:

Bournemouth's board will meet later this week to discuss the possibility of pursuing a compensation claim against Hawk-Eye, whose mistake may have contributed to their relegation from the Premier League.

What about the awful officials, corrupt FA / pointless VAR system. That they decided not to use because technology has never gone wrong before. The whole scenario isn't the fault of technology going wrong, because you'll always have faults. The fault lies with a technology that was there as a back up option that day which could have spotted it a mile off but chose not to even bother looking at it.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1372 on: July 28, 2020, 01:57:25 pm »
What about the awful officials, corrupt FA / pointless VAR system. That they decided not to use because technology has never gone wrong before. The whole scenario isn't the fault of technology going wrong, because you'll always have faults. The fault lies with a technology that was there as a back up option that day which could have spotted it a mile off but chose not to even bother looking at it.
I agree. I think the fault lies with VAR. They could have spotted that there was an error just like every fan in the country did.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1373 on: July 28, 2020, 02:08:41 pm »
I hope we sue about the beachball goal
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1374 on: July 28, 2020, 02:14:53 pm »
I hope we sue about the beachball goal

If that's successful then Clive Thomas, Mark Clattenburg & Pierluigi Collina will be having lawsuits filed against them within the hour

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1375 on: July 28, 2020, 04:50:58 pm »
I don't think Bournemouth will succeed in their appeal in all honesty although it is worth a try. That 3 points cost £90m.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53571916

Offline Americano12345

• Main Stander
« Reply #1376 on: August 26, 2020, 03:18:39 am »
bit surprised that Grealish didn't make the England squad

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1377 on: August 26, 2020, 05:23:51 am »
bit surprised that Grealish didn't make the England squad

Would be quite understandable if he’s livid with Southgate, especially after last year when Southgate used the reason that Grealish needs to play in the PL to get a call up to the England squad and Phillips has none.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1378 on: August 26, 2020, 11:23:06 am »
It's perplexing, especially when the absolute non-entity that is Harry Winks makes the cut yet again. Deadwood such as Dier, Keane and Walker all get in.

Grealish has every right to wonder what he's got to do, because he was very good last season and outplayed a lot of the attacking players and midfielders that have been included. Foden, Greenwood and Mason Mount all especially stick out like sore thumbs when you compare their last six months' of the season (exclusive of covid break) to Grealish's.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1379 on: August 26, 2020, 11:49:51 am »
It's perplexing, especially when the absolute non-entity that is Harry Winks makes the cut yet again. Deadwood such as Dier, Keane and Walker all get in.

Grealish has every right to wonder what he's got to do, because he was very good last season and outplayed a lot of the attacking players and midfielders that have been included. Foden, Greenwood and Mason Mount all especially stick out like sore thumbs when you compare their last six months' of the season (exclusive of covid break) to Grealish's.
Not go out, get pissed, crash his car into other peoples and drive off whilst supposed to be in lockdown?

I mean I don’t think it’s an unreasonable expectation.

Then again, why is walker there?

One think Southgate has done well is to build a team with team spirit.  If Grealish acts like Billy big bollocks, it might explain why he doesn’t fancy him.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1380 on: August 26, 2020, 02:56:35 pm »
Not go out, get pissed, crash his car into other peoples and drive off whilst supposed to be in lockdown?

I mean I don’t think it’s an unreasonable expectation.

Then again, why is walker there?

One think Southgate has done well is to build a team with team spirit.  If Grealish acts like Billy big bollocks, it might explain why he doesn’t fancy him.
Just read up on this. Far more understandable now. Hadn't actually heard any of that which is odd given the spotlight on similarly wretched behaviour by Maguire recently. I suppose Southgate seemingly correctly believes he's got a lot more maturing to do as a person before he should be given an England opportunity.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1381 on: August 26, 2020, 03:17:07 pm »
Saw this thread up, for a second I thought they landed Messi.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1382 on: September 15, 2020, 02:09:32 pm »
Grealish decides to stay .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54163120

Surprised me that did, may help them to attract a few new players.

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #1383 on: September 15, 2020, 03:14:18 pm »
Villa fans are odd.

Had one tell me the other day that Virgil is the most overrated player ever and isn't fit to lace Rio Ferdinands boots.

Then when I just laughed at him he got mad and started crowing at how they finished above us in 09/10?! He actually did that.

When I laughed even harder, he got really mad and called me a murderer and told me I killed my own.

Next time I catch him on his own with nobody around I will approach things differently.

But they are an odd bunch.
20 and 7

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1384 on: September 15, 2020, 03:20:52 pm »

Why?

We ruled ourselves out...Utd not wanting to pay 80m. He's got his England cap. Chelsea won't want him.

If Villa go down then he leaves. If they stay up then he's playing for his home club and plays well then Liverpool and Utd might be interested.

He's took the money and do the running later.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1385 on: September 15, 2020, 03:36:55 pm »

If Villa land Martinez and Traore, they should comfortably stay up this season.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1386 on: September 15, 2020, 04:02:41 pm »
Why?

We ruled ourselves out...Utd not wanting to pay 80m. He's got his England cap. Chelsea won't want him.

If Villa go down then he leaves. If they stay up then he's playing for his home club and plays well then Liverpool and Utd might be interested.

He's took the money and do the running later.

Pleases me in the same way that Gerrard chose to stay with us, no one knows what the future holds for him but he's sticking with his club for now.

Not a player for us in my opinion.

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1387 on: September 15, 2020, 04:12:57 pm »
I make no secret of the fact I am a huge Grealish fan. He loves the club and is very close to Dean Smith. He won't want to leave Villa or his family in Birmingham unless the move is absolutely right for him. Delighted to see him sign a new deal and I think Villa will be a lot more competitive this season. Not least because Watkins is an enormous upgrade on Wesley!

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1388 on: September 15, 2020, 09:38:18 pm »
Villa fans are odd.

Had one tell me the other day that Virgil is the most overrated player ever and isn't fit to lace Rio Ferdinands boots.

Then when I just laughed at him he got mad and started crowing at how they finished above us in 09/10?! He actually did that.

When I laughed even harder, he got really mad and called me a murderer and told me I killed my own.

Next time I catch him on his own with nobody around I will approach things differently.

Sounds like he is trying to get one over on you in anyway he could!

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1389 on: September 16, 2020, 12:13:46 pm »
Doing some decent business. Martinez now in goal

Comfortably survive I think

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1390 on: September 16, 2020, 12:53:40 pm »
Villa fans are odd.

You should have congratulated him for when they finished runner up to us in 89-90
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1391 on: September 16, 2020, 02:49:22 pm »
Doing some decent business. Martinez now in goal

Comfortably survive I think

Not the Arsenal Martinez? Pretty decent if it is.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1392 on: September 16, 2020, 03:06:35 pm »

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #1394 on: September 16, 2020, 05:58:14 pm »

My word. That is, shall we say, a stretch.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #1395 on: September 16, 2020, 05:59:49 pm »

Gabby has been on some heavy shit this passed couple days. Decided to attack VVD and call him overrated at the weekend and now he's comparing Grealish to prime Iniesta. :lmao Always though he looked a gormless looking prick. ;D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 06:29:39 pm by Solomon Grundy »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1396 on: September 16, 2020, 06:01:05 pm »

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1397 on: September 16, 2020, 06:04:54 pm »
"Reminds me of Iniesta" would've already been a massive stretch, doubling down on that and specifying "Iniesta in his prime" is absolutely ludicrous.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1399 on: September 16, 2020, 07:27:13 pm »
Well they both wear a child size kit. It just fits Iniesta.