Author Topic: League Cup Final - Wembley  (Read 16055 times)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Re: League Cup Final - Wembley
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2016, 11:20:36 pm »

I didn't go to any of the league cup games and neither did half the lads I go with but despite how tricky/costly it'll be we'll all be at Wembley - and after shelling out 7 or 8 ton every season we'll deserve to be there ....the club are a shower of money grabbing c*nts

If it should be based on how much money you spend, what about members who spend £1000+ over the course of the season? Should you still get priority ahead of them?

The club are money grabbing c*nts, but in this case they're rewarding loyalty in each competition
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2016, 11:24:04 pm »
unless its guaranteed there will be 30,000 Birmo - Air Weir - Lord Snooty tank - wearing 1974 FA Cup- stylee Scousers going too!!... I don't want to be seen with the current crop of dilettants without someone bunking in or wearing a white boiler suite with SPION KOP spray painted down the side!

;D come down with us FB....feather-cuts akimbo
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2016, 11:25:25 pm »
I reckon we should take the piss and offer to still play them on the Sunday and put the kids out against them.

Haha that'd be ace.

Play both matches at the same time and you can guarantee most blues would be tuning in to the League Cup Final to cheer on the mancs.  ;D 

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2016, 11:27:41 pm »
Sorry it was my mistake, I thought the Everton game was scheduled for the 27th. Seems where that was where all the confusion lied.

No problem, but the point is that even if it was on the 27th  that league game would have been cancelled.
Let's move on  ;)

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2016, 11:28:28 pm »
;D come down with us FB....feather-cuts akimbo

Throw in a 'Budgie' jacket and you might be on!!....all this talk of wind turbines and green energy , pah! Forty years ago my beige polyester Birmo's created enough static electricity to power a small town!

Offline Yerolo

• Kopite
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2016, 11:32:57 pm »
No problem, but the point is that even if it was on the 27th  that league game would have been cancelled.
Let's move on  ;)

:)

My original point I (unsuccessfully) tried to make is that it is a quick turnaround of games between the Europa match on the 25th, Cup Final on the 28th and then league match on the 2nd Mar. I think we can all agree on that one

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 11:36:09 pm by Yerolo »

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2016, 11:35:03 pm »
Just hope he plays a strong team in the First leg in Augsberg! City are away in Kiev on the Wednesday whilst we're at home on the Thursday

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2016, 11:36:37 pm »
yep. if memory serves me well in 2012 season ticket holders all got a chance to purchase before fan card holders. this time its different.

basically if you are a fan card holder and have been to three games in the carling cup this year you have a ticket for the final. if you are a season ticket holder who has only been to, say, one game in the carling cup this season then you haven't got a ticket.

Despite paying over £700 for your ST and being served up shite you have no ticket for the final. As apposed to a fan card holder who may have spent under £100.
Your season ticket entitles you to 19 league games. It's about time the club levelled the playing field for cup competitions

Offline Davo-g

• Kemlynite
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2016, 11:55:13 pm »
Ah white boiler suits... happy days. That reminds me there is 2L of crown emulsion Brilliant white on offer in Taskers!!

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2016, 01:04:13 am »
At least with the apathetic Citerh at the final we can guarantee 60000 Reds at Wembley.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline jonnyr

• Anny Roader
  • We had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2016, 02:37:07 am »
Man City is then. Let's fucking do those moneygrubbing c**ts.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2016, 04:05:10 am »
We're only 2 points behind West Ham who are in 6th

We still need to pass them, dont we ? We dont have a god given right to finish above West Ham, we have to earn it on the pitch. I mean I would fancy us to finish above them but its not a certainty or anything, they are a bunch of teams just one or two points below us as well.

Offline Miklagard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2016, 04:55:13 am »
Sterling and the moneygrabbing cnuts can do one, we are gonna come at them in a tempo England has never seen. I just hope we have the quality to make it count. Teixeira from Shakhtar would help. Klopp will bring the cup home, i have no doubt.

Offline heroes123

• Main Stander
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2016, 05:16:39 am »
 :scarf

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2016, 06:04:23 am »
Your season ticket entitles you to 19 league games. It's about time the club levelled the playing field for cup competitions

It is obvious that there are enough tickets for both STH & FCH who have been to the home matches. What would be interesting is if there were enough for the STH who went to the home matches but not the FCH.

In the past for the FA cup when the allocation is much lower; those that went to an away match as well as the home games got tickets and then the STH who had attended the home matches and then the FCH who had attended all of the home matches.

As a STH I have no problem with FCH who have been to away matches getting priority over me. I do think that STH who have the same loyalty credits as FCH should have priority.

However, there is almost certainly a case for those FCH who go to all the league games and all of the home cup games getting the same priority as the STH holders.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2016, 06:58:57 am »
Even if we lose to City in the Finals, does this mean we automatically qualify for EL next season because City are almost guaranteed to qualify for the CL?
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2016, 07:05:55 am »
Even if we lose to City in the Finals, does this mean we automatically qualify for EL next season because City are almost guaranteed to qualify for the CL?
No.Only FA cup losing  finalist get EL ,for League only winner will get EL .
If City win it would mean sixth place finish will guarantee EL

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2016, 07:22:48 am »

My original point I (unsuccessfully) tried to make is that it is a quick turnaround of games between the Europa match on the 25th, Cup Final on the 28th and then league match on the 2nd Mar. I think we can all agree on that one

It is but lets embrace. Pretty sure we played Roma at home on the Thursday before the League Cup Final on 2001. If we are doing well I'm the cups there's no way around that really.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2016, 08:16:40 am »
I've already got my ticket sorted for the final but I can't help but feel guilty about it.

My mate works through the ESSEX Fa, hell, he isn't even high up in the hierachy, just your bog standard employee (he coaches local kid's at schools etc) yet he's managed to bag 3 tickets. He got similiar for the Aston Villa vs Arsenal final last year.

What kind of percentage is actually given to each side nowadays?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2016, 08:40:58 am »
I've already got my ticket sorted for the final but I can't help but feel guilty about it.

My mate works through the ESSEX Fa, hell, he isn't even high up in the hierachy, just your bog standard employee (he coaches local kid's at schools etc) yet he's managed to bag 3 tickets. He got similiar for the Aston Villa vs Arsenal final last year.

About a third each by the sounds of it. 90k capacity isn't it?

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2016, 09:19:39 am »
If we are doing well I'm the cups.
Gary is that you? ;D :wave

Offline Yorkshirered

• Main Stander
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2016, 10:43:42 am »

I was under the impression that the FA gave tickets out to all county fa's for the FA Cup final only & not the League cup. Hence Arsenal & Villa,
I used to be a secretary for a club & this was the case.
I would check if I were you. You may be going to the FA cup final & we may not be in it
Let's all laugh at Everton

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2016, 10:55:05 am »
Gary is that you? ;D :wave

Haha, obvious typo bit who is Gary?!

Offline Koprich

• Fan categorisation police.
  • Kopite
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2016, 11:02:23 am »
I live in London and am DESPERATE to go to this but I've not been to any games this season. Will I be able to get a ticket?  :-[

Offline craiglfc7

• Main Stander
    • My twitter
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2016, 11:19:35 am »
I live in London and am DESPERATE to go to this but I've not been to any games this season. Will I be able to get a ticket?  :-[

Haha.

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2016, 11:21:38 am »

buy a city membership  ::)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2016, 11:23:53 am »

Didn't seem like you were desperate for Carlisle or Bournemouth tickets! No chance
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline craiglfc7

• Main Stander
    • My twitter
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2016, 11:24:12 am »
And the allocation is just right.

The Waiting list is monstrous for a season ticket & if STH without the cup credits are given priority, how's that fair on the lads with the full members cards or most league games on their card plus the cups.

If STH without the cup credits were given priority, when the new main stand is ready next season there would be little chance for the lads who go week in week out on members cards as well as the cups with the increase in STH.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 11:25:48 am by craiglfc7 »

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2016, 11:24:50 am »
I was under the impression that the FA gave tickets out to all county fa's for the FA Cup final only & not the League cup. Hence Arsenal & Villa,
I used to be a secretary for a club & this was the case.
I would check if I were you. You may be going to the FA cup final & we may not be in it

Funny, I actually queried that with him. It would certainly make more sense.

I'll have another word in his ear. If not, I guess we'll just have to get to the FA Cup final too haha.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2016, 12:01:05 pm »
It is obvious that there are enough tickets for both STH & FCH who have been to the home matches. What would be interesting is if there were enough for the STH who went to the home matches but not the FCH.

In the past for the FA cup when the allocation is much lower; those that went to an away match as well as the home games got tickets and then the STH who had attended the home matches and then the FCH who had attended all of the home matches.

As a STH I have no problem with FCH who have been to away matches getting priority over me. I do think that STH who have the same loyalty credits as FCH should have priority.

However, there is almost certainly a case for those FCH who go to all the league games and all of the home cup games getting the same priority as the STH holders.

In that scenario, if a FCH went to 19 home games, on their own card, and 3 home league cup games - a STH should get priority over them? Bollocks. This is why it's done on loyalty per competition. Doesn't matter if those are the only 3 games a person has been to, they went, they have the credits and now they can go to a final. Though, in reality, it's likely that if they're the only 3 on their card, it'll be because they've had to get spares and someone else will have the credits for games they've went to.

I hope not.

Offline Yorkshirered

• Main Stander
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2016, 12:05:37 pm »

Give the ticket office a buzz & explain the game is on your doorstep, you're sure to get one.
Let's all laugh at Everton

Offline Koprich

• Fan categorisation police.
  • Kopite
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2016, 12:37:35 pm »
In that scenario, if a FCH went to 19 home games, on their own card, and 3 home league cup games - a STH should get priority over them? Bollocks. This is why it's done on loyalty per competition. Doesn't matter if those are the only 3 games a person has been to, they went, they have the credits and now they can go to a final. Though, in reality, it's likely that if they're the only 3 on their card, it'll be because they've had to get spares and someone else will have the credits for games they've went to.

I hope not.

No need for supporter snobbery. I work long unsociable hours and can't afford the trip to Anfield. Doesn't make me any less valid a fan.

Pathetic from a mod

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2016, 12:39:59 pm »
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2016, 12:46:00 pm »
Any chance of getting them through City?

I remember they only got 45k in for Barcelona, reckon there's a decent chance that for the CC games this year they'll have been on 20-30k attendance, in which case I could get placed into a general ballot of sorts?

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2016, 12:48:45 pm »
;D the Everton game, which is scheduled for Feb 28th will definitely be postponed.

Only Everton could get knocked out of 2 Cup Final by losing 1 game
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline kopite 1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • those were the days my friends
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2016, 12:51:01 pm »
ticket details are now on the website, Those with 3 are guaranteed a ticket (STH and Fancard holder), anybody with 2 goes into a ballot
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 12:53:18 pm by kopite 1 »
support the fight for justice dont buy the sun

jft96

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2016, 12:51:47 pm »
Only Everton could get knocked out of 2 Cup Final by losing 1 game

Haha

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2016, 12:54:21 pm »
No need for supporter snobbery. I work long unsociable hours and can't afford the trip to Anfield. Doesn't make me any less valid a fan. Would sing more than you you grumpy old bint.

I can see the posts you delete, you know :)

You might think it's pathetic, but the fact is, you haven't been to the other games so you don't deserve a final ticket. Why should someone who's been to the other games miss out so you get a day out at Wembley? There's plenty on two who won't get to go.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2016, 12:56:55 pm »
bit harsh

No. What's harsh is people who've bothered their arse going to games missing out.

Offline kopite 1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • those were the days my friends
« Reply #119 on: January 28, 2016, 12:58:50 pm »
I can see the posts you delete, you know :)

You might think it's pathetic, but the fact is, you haven't been to the other games so you don't deserve a final ticket. Why should someone who's been to the other games miss out so you get a day out at Wembley? There's plenty on two who won't get to go.

grumpy old bint , how charming
support the fight for justice dont buy the sun

jft96