Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2025749 times)

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #480 on: March 3, 2016, 07:11:56 pm »
Dunga really is a odd manager.

He dropped Coutinho when he was playing well last season and earlier this season and is now doing the same with Firmino when he has been playing well since the turn of the year.

Baffling.
He's a dreadful manager, and his selections are regularly bizarre.

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #481 on: March 3, 2016, 07:26:53 pm »
He likes a goal, decent finisher.. poor first touch at times tho
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline LFC Matt

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #482 on: March 3, 2016, 07:28:23 pm »

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #483 on: March 3, 2016, 07:33:01 pm »
This could be why...
http://www.espnfc.com/brazil/story/2455221/brazil-national-team-squad-selection-sold-to-firm-report

Their policy is so scattergun, I wouldn't be at all surprised if something dodgy was going on.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #484 on: March 3, 2016, 07:33:19 pm »
Quote from: booty link=topt ic=325807.msg14506903#msg14506903 date=1457002334
He is infuriating;

He is at time strong but also very lightweight
He can miss a sitter then score a stunner
He can lose the ball on the halfway then tackle back and win it back
He make a perfectly timed run then be 5 miles offside for no particular reason
He can win a header against a big bulldozer centre half then lose one to small fullback

I am still not sure of the optimum position to get the best out of his, is it upfront? on the right? centrally behind the striker?

All in all a promising first season but needs to contribute on a more consistent level to be a key player for us.
He's already a key player, our strongest attacking threat by a margin.
He's good to great 2 games out of 3, while the others struggle being good 1 in 3.
Suarez 13/14 was a freak.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: March 3, 2016, 09:01:34 pm »
Their policy is so scattergun, I wouldn't be at all surprised if something dodgy was going on.
Sounds about right.

Kaka has practically retired by playing in the MLS and gets picked,and two players in the Chinese super league are picked (no Teixiera),looks like they want viewers from the USA and Chinese TV markets watching these games.

Thiago Silva hasn't been picked either. ;D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: March 3, 2016, 09:12:50 pm »
gives the ball away in dangerous areas far too much.
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #487 on: March 4, 2016, 09:41:19 am »
gives the ball away in dangerous areas far too much.
He should try put the ball up his shirt.. ohhhh wait.................

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: March 4, 2016, 12:33:20 pm »
Best player in the league in the past 2 months. Has performed against top teams and bottom teams alike.

Offline theredyank

• Main Stander
« Reply #489 on: March 4, 2016, 03:16:46 pm »
He is infuriating;

He is at time strong but also very lightweight
He can miss a sitter then score a stunner
He can lose the ball on the halfway then tackle back and win it back
He make a perfectly timed run then be 5 miles offside for no particular reason
He can win a header against a big bulldozer centre half then lose one to small fullback

I am still not sure of the optimum position to get the best out of his, is it upfront? on the right? centrally behind the striker?

All in all a promising first season but needs to contribute on a more consistent level to be a key player for us.

Sounds eerily like Suarez in the Dalglish era. Give him time.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: March 4, 2016, 05:15:38 pm »
He's like a young more mobile Maxi Rodriguez. ;)

Ooooo Maxi Rodriguez ... cracking player, just need a young Dirk Kuyt and Young Craig Bellamy and were away

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #491 on: March 4, 2016, 05:54:14 pm »
Ooooo Maxi Rodriguez ... cracking player, just need a young Dirk Kuyt and Young Craig Bellamy and were away

we have them in Milner and Ings... Milner although not young but still plays energy second to none.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #492 on: March 4, 2016, 06:36:00 pm »
we have them in Milner and Ings... Milner although not young but still plays energy second to none.

You're comparing Ings to Bellamy?

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #493 on: March 4, 2016, 07:31:26 pm »
You're comparing Ings to Bellamy?

Only watched Bellamy in his 2nd stint at Liverpool so I am judging based on that. I know he scored against barca etc during his first stint. Just saying Ings has the potential to be that kind of a player. Reliable when called upon just like how Bellamy was. Bellamy wasn't really a starter for us now, was he?

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: March 4, 2016, 08:14:36 pm »
Only watched Bellamy in his 2nd stint at Liverpool so I am judging based on that. I know he scored against barca etc during his first stint. Just saying Ings has the potential to be that kind of a player. Reliable when called upon just like how Bellamy was. Bellamy wasn't really a starter for us now, was he?

Fair enough but I think he meant a player in the same mound as Bellamy which Ings is not.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: March 4, 2016, 08:32:25 pm »
Fair enough but I think he meant a player in the same mound as Bellamy which Ings is not.

Yeah Bellamy was gnarly bastard personified. I always remember a welsh Man Yernited fan I worked with saying how heartbroken he was to see him play for us as it killed him to see a player he loved so much for Wales ruining himself playing for "them shite scousers". Hilarious, he used to get himself properly wound up.

Even in his 2nd spell he was brilliant, left everything on the field. That performance against City at Anfield in the League cup semi was phenomenal. He literally put in every ounce of effort he could muster/had left to get us through. He was finished afterwards.

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: March 4, 2016, 08:38:26 pm »
he's so nonchalant it makes his play either appear genius or garbage. I think he's brilliant though, love how much he wins the ball back, uses his size very well. he's scored all kinds of goals for us already, he'll be massive for us next season.
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: March 4, 2016, 08:50:20 pm »
I think he's absolute quality and when he's on his game he's the best player on the pitch no matter who the opposition are.

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: March 4, 2016, 09:24:27 pm »
I was there on Wednesday and he had a very good game. He puts in a shift, is strong and has some real skill. He's still young and I can also see similarities to Suarez. He's not going nowhere ie: he won't be moved on in the summer he's the real deal.

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: March 5, 2016, 04:13:56 am »
His play style is similar to Suarez. He even attempts the odd nutmeg.  :D
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: March 5, 2016, 08:53:00 am »
Was thinking this myself.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #501 on: March 5, 2016, 08:57:14 am »
Sorry for getting of track a bit, but those 3 were dynamite. As you say- if Bellamy especially was a bit younger, we'd have seen the full potential of those 3. Their best goal for me came away at Chelsea, in the League Cup win I think. Our best team goal for nigh on a decade.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #502 on: March 5, 2016, 09:31:43 am »
Yeah Bellamy was gnarly bastard personified. I always remember a welsh Man Yernited fan I worked with saying how heartbroken he was to see him play for us as it killed him to see a player he loved so much for Wales ruining himself playing for "them shite scousers". Hilarious, he used to get himself properly wound up.

Even in his 2nd spell he was brilliant, left everything on the field. That performance against City at Anfield in the League cup semi was phenomenal. He literally put in every ounce of effort he could muster/had left to get us through. He was finished afterwards.
We got Ingsy who can follow up on Craig Douglas Bellamy though..

Anyway- Firmino's still young lest we forget. He will make many mistakes but what he provides in output at the other end of the pitch is what makes him quality even at this stage. Once he's 24/25, we'll see the real damage this lad can cause. For now though, I'll enjoy the ride.
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: March 5, 2016, 10:14:39 am »
We got Ingsy who can follow up on Craig Douglas Bellamy though..

Anyway- Firmino's still young lest we forget. He will make many mistakes but what he provides in output at the other end of the pitch is what makes him quality even at this stage. Once he's 24/25, we'll see the real damage this lad can cause. For now though, I'll enjoy the ride.

He's 24 now isn't he ?

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: March 5, 2016, 11:56:07 am »
Yep.

Born in 1991.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #505 on: March 5, 2016, 12:09:54 pm »
He's 24 now isn't he ?
He is yeah. Was under the impression he was 23.
'91? Jeez I'm old.

Online markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #506 on: March 5, 2016, 12:22:16 pm »
He's 24 now isn't he ?
Still two years to go until the start of his athletic peak, imagine that. Plus, a couple of years of being coached by Jurgen. What a delight.

it may already have been said, but it was bad form of Hart to try to knock the ball out of his shirt when celebrating the birth of his new baby son, no?.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2016, 12:27:46 pm by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: March 5, 2016, 01:04:54 pm »
it may already have been said, but it was bad form of Hart to try to knock the ball out of his shirt when celebrating the birth of his new baby son, no?.

Didn't realise that's what it was about. Pissed meself when he just gave him that stupid grin as if to say calm down knobhead.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: March 5, 2016, 01:32:07 pm »
He is yeah. Was under the impression he was 23.
'91? Jeez I'm old.

He was when we signed him.

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #509 on: March 6, 2016, 07:58:23 am »
Hopefully continues on with his good performance in the last match. We need him to grab the games against the smaller teams by the neck really, he has been very good in a lot of the matches against the better teams but needs to show it against the smaller teams that we should be beating.

To think that Rodgers played him as a wing back on a few occasions.... My god  :o
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: March 6, 2016, 07:59:11 am »
Hopefully continues on with his good performance in the last match. We need him to grab the games against the smaller teams by the neck really, he has been very good in a lot of the matches against the better teams but needs to show it against the smaller teams that we should be beating.

Do you mean teams like Norwich and Sunderland?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #511 on: March 6, 2016, 09:15:36 am »
Do you mean teams like Norwich and Sunderland?
thats two you can think of? I'm talking about Watford, west brom,Augsburg, sion etc.. All I'm saying is that when you look back, he has been fantastic against the big teams like arsenal, city twice, Chelsea, probably even close to been man of the match in those games, but against the smaller teams he has been a little bit inconsistent, but that's why I'm saying I'm hoping he can keep the consistency in these types of matches like today's  :wave
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: March 6, 2016, 09:27:54 am »
thats two you can think of? I'm talking about Watford, west brom,Augsburg, sion etc.. All I'm saying is that when you look back, he has been fantastic against the big teams like arsenal, city twice, Chelsea, probably even close to been man of the match in those games, but against the smaller teams he has been a little bit inconsistent, but that's why I'm saying I'm hoping he can keep the consistency in these types of matches like today's  :wave

The whole team was crap in the games you mention

it seems that when he plays well the team plays well....or is it the other way round?

I think he is a class act personally

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: March 6, 2016, 09:28:11 am »

I was only being facetious. Although I wouldn't expect him to be making tangible contributions in every single game, no player does that unless they're Lionel Messi. Over the past couple of months though, he seems to be doing that more consistently, regardless of whether the opposition are title contenders or mid table or relegation candidates. And even when he's not, he's usually still played well, like against Augsburg at Anfield, even if he didn't score or directly assist. And even if he's quiet today, I wouldn't worry too much about him.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #514 on: March 6, 2016, 10:39:05 am »
Six goals in this calendar year, which extrapolates out to 27 goals in a 9 month season, plus a generous wedge of assists just as likely.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #515 on: March 6, 2016, 10:45:39 am »
Think Bobby`s doing well. Think he`ll be even better next season.

Online plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: March 6, 2016, 10:46:26 am »
Six goals in this calendar year, which extrapolates out to 27 goals in a 9 month season, plus a generous wedge of assists just as likely.

Well if he scored and assisted to about 20 for each we'll be ok next season. And just maybe then would Michael Owen stop calling him inconsistent...

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #517 on: March 6, 2016, 11:18:53 am »
And just maybe then would Michael Owen stop calling him inconsistent...
Owen was totally consistent though...with his hot and cold streaks.

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #518 on: March 6, 2016, 12:00:53 pm »
Works out roughly to his numbers at Hiffenheim,  I think. So great to have a Brazilian whose peak years are still a couple off and has performed to  a high level in Germany. Obviously he needs surrounding by better players,  but its potentially very exciting.

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: March 6, 2016, 12:30:05 pm »
Works out roughly to his numbers at Hiffenheim,  I think. So great to have a Brazilian whose peak years are still a couple off and has performed to  a high level in Germany. Obviously he needs surrounding by better players,  but its potentially very exciting.
You mean his potential is exciting not that he's potentially exciting, right?