Author Topic: Stewards Confiscated my cards - ridiculous  (Read 89405 times)

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
Re: Stewards Confiscated my cards - ridiculous
« Reply #440 on: January 24, 2016, 04:53:04 pm »
How about a system where you notify the club, via a nice automated system, that you can't go and are passing you ticket on. They don't need to approve but the member loses their credit.
That would be the sensible solution. Should just be able to text the membership number of whoever you give the ticket to. And have a cap on how many times you can do this per season.

I don't know too much about ticketing processes and schemes, but those sound like reasonable solutions, what could the hold up be from the Club's point of view (or maybe from ticket holders)?

Additionally, are the ticketing schemes any different for other clubs? Or in other countries? Is there a club that offers the fairest solution, or is it always a case where some side will have an issue.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #441 on: January 24, 2016, 05:29:27 pm »
Additionally, are the ticketing schemes any different for other clubs? Or in other countries? Is there a club that offers the fairest solution, or is it always a case where some side will have an issue.

I would like to know this as well about other clubs.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: January 24, 2016, 05:45:07 pm »
No point as the Second name on the card might as well just get a membership themselves, also the club won't push for that as they would stand to lose money
Having two people with memberships and tickets in their own name is not the same as two people sharing a ST or a membership. For example, you could have a kid or someone as the second person who can't afford their own membership or tickets, but can go when you can't.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: January 24, 2016, 05:46:51 pm »

Sure SOS are looking at how other clubs do this.

Think we are in a pretty unique situation though because of the crazy amount of people waiting for a ST and because we nearly always sell out.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #444 on: January 24, 2016, 06:48:31 pm »
I don't know too much about ticketing processes and schemes, but those sound like reasonable solutions, what could the hold up be from the Club's point of view (or maybe from ticket holders)?

As far as the central question here, I would be amazed if every club doesn't state that tickets are non-transferable. How rigorously they enforce that will be very different, though.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: January 24, 2016, 10:20:13 pm »
According to the letter Clause 12 in the terms and conditions says they don't have to refund any of it. My mate got his season ticket taken a couple years ago and they didn't give him any money back either

Clause 12 says you don't get money back on your "Membership". It doesn't to me read that means the inclusion of any tickets you may have purchased

I mean, they could just go and hire 500 stewards on the opening game of each half of the season and make a tidy profit lol
YNWA.

Offline Danthemanaussiered

• Main Stander
« Reply #446 on: January 26, 2016, 01:06:10 pm »
I just received an email inviting myself to the focus group on Thursday. Be very interesting to see if its about creating a new priority system, modifying the membership scheme, or about the whole system of loyalty.

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: January 26, 2016, 01:19:06 pm »
That would be the sensible solution. Should just be able to text the membership number of whoever you give the ticket to. And have a cap on how many times you can do this per season.

No way. This is too fucking sensible entirely.

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: January 26, 2016, 01:20:10 pm »
As far as the central question here, I would be amazed if every club doesn't state that tickets are non-transferable. How rigorously they enforce that will be very different, though.

Seriously, though, what do other clubs that fave a full ground each week do re these ticket issues.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: January 26, 2016, 01:21:22 pm »
It'll be about how open fans are to fucking over the loyalty system by preparing to pay more for access.

It was spelled out clearly in the survey
cyas

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: January 26, 2016, 01:49:13 pm »
They've sent me an email to be part of the focus group too, but don't think I can make that night anyway
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: January 26, 2016, 02:07:42 pm »
They've sent me an email to be part of the focus group too, but don't think I can make that night anyway
I replied at 9pm after I got it at 6pm, got an email today to say I was too late and it filled up much quicker than anticipated.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: January 27, 2016, 06:09:26 pm »
My dad got one of these 'spot checks' last night got questioned loads.

Think we'd all be interested to hear some more if you can find out?

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: January 27, 2016, 06:34:32 pm »
My dad got one of these 'spot checks' last night got questioned loads.

Was he on the end of a row? What block was he is?

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #454 on: January 28, 2016, 11:26:32 am »
Said that the steward was looking up the rows then to his seat and asked him is that his members card, did he buy it, what's his name etc.

He said it looked like they were doing random checks on random seats, must be trying to massively clamp down on it now by checking random tickets. And he was in the KOP 104

Bloody hell. Random isn't fair though. If its completely stamped out, nobody will complain but 1 in 100 isn't fair.

On a separate note, I donated my cards to a lad who was running a campaign to get spare tickets for local kids for the Exeter game last week. Now a friend of mine is using them to go to West Ham on Saturday. The lad posted the cards back to Ireland from Liverpool on Monday, but still no sign. If they don't arrive by tomorrow, I'll have to contact the club to get alternatives for Saturday.

What's the best way to do it? Look for paper tickets?
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #455 on: January 28, 2016, 02:37:33 pm »

It seems the most sensible path but is very complex as clubs do not share a common payment gateway or CRM system - marrying up these elements and the loyalty aspect would likely require agreement from all football league clubs on a common formula (or bootstrap) to be applied. If ticket sharing is not priority for a club, you're unlikely to get their cooperation for what will be a costly technical job. IMO.

Offline AgentSmyth

• Kopite
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #456 on: January 28, 2016, 03:26:28 pm »
I guess the issue when subjects like this come up you have different sections of people replying to give a view which suits them.. like allowing ST Holders to have the name changed on their account just once just to list 1 of many things on here.  that suits those who are on a ST on someone else's name.  and everyone has a different view.

One system and method for all clubs would help the tout, they'd have themselves on the system for all clubs :(

Regardless what the club do in the end they are not going to make everyone happy. What happened in this instance definitely isnt the right way of doing things with the kids etc but then i guess it should be done to all and you cant be getting round it by taking the kids.

the change of STH name change is probably one thing which will start to resolve one of many issues.
But like others have mentioned, a friends/transfer list should be in action in some shape or form for both the STH's and the Memberships. and if they want to limit it to 5 transfers per season or whatever, then allow it and the loyalty for the game should be stuck to whichever card eventually goes to the game.

This way would get them extra memberships sold.  as I am sure there are many now on the exchange on here and on many others (friends and family, work mates etc) all who dont have cards themselves but someone helps them out from time to time.

I would say the club should go with the tuff policy and not refund in cases where its proven to be "touting/profitting" but if its just a genuine helping someone out then there should be a little bit of different punishment, than all games cancelled and no refund.

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #457 on: January 30, 2016, 08:14:47 pm »
Another 8 confiscated today from the stewards. They'll be doing this every home game for the rest of the season.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: January 30, 2016, 08:28:40 pm »
Was the ticket process any different in the 80's and 90s?
Why does it seem to be more of an issue nowadays?
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: January 30, 2016, 09:14:19 pm »
Another 8 confiscated today from the stewards. They'll be doing this every home game for the rest of the season.

Confiscated for what?

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: January 30, 2016, 09:18:44 pm »
Apparently they're clamping down on people going in on young adult and kids tickets, be careful
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #461 on: January 30, 2016, 09:36:37 pm »
Confiscated for what?

People on young adult. They'll be checking every home this season before a major clamp down next season.

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: January 30, 2016, 09:44:09 pm »
People on young adult. They'll be checking every home this season before a major clamp down next season.

How do you know it was exactly 8 and that was the reason? Not calling your bluff, just genuinely interested. :)
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #463 on: January 30, 2016, 09:54:40 pm »
This is getting ridiculous now. Disgraceful really. If we weren't selling out I don't think the club would have the same stance on it.

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: January 30, 2016, 09:58:20 pm »
This is getting ridiculous now. Disgraceful really. If we weren't selling out I don't think the club would have the same stance on it.

If it's purely for people going in on the wrong age bracket then I have no problem with it to be honest. But if they are confiscating random cards just because someone can't prove they are the person named on it, that's where I object.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #465 on: January 30, 2016, 09:59:17 pm »

I take it people on young adult when they should have full adult tickets.
#Sausages

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: January 30, 2016, 10:02:07 pm »
Clampdown to what? free-up more corporate and Thomson packages... They claim to love the working-class Irish history of Liverpool and Boston, but only to sell tickets to suits and worldwide Reds.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: January 30, 2016, 10:04:44 pm »
They will be doing it because there losing money on the tickets. It's like half price of an adult ticket and they would rather maximise the value of the seat like they do for the league games. If they really wanted to do something helpful they should be checking the tickets of those who stand out like a sore thumb and look like they have never been to a football match in their life. We all know theres loads of them but the club aren't interested because they are likely to spend money in the club shop. It's all about the ££££ and it's getting worse.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #468 on: January 30, 2016, 10:07:43 pm »
People cry out for cheaper tickets for youth, the club provide them and they are limited in number, and when they try to prevent people abusing these limited number of tickets as they are not youths you cry out that they are at fault again.

I've no problem what so ever with people who are using youth tickets when they are not youths being kicked out. Let the youths buy the limited number of tickets which are discounted for them.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: January 30, 2016, 10:08:24 pm »
So it is just the kids member cards they are checking? I thought adults are getting booted too?
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: January 30, 2016, 10:08:36 pm »
People cry out for cheaper tickets for youth, the club provide them and they are limited in number, and when they try to prevent people abusing these limited number of tickets as they are not youths you cry out that they are at fault again.

I've no problem what so ever with people who are using youth tickets when they are not youths being kicked out. Let the youths buy the limited number of tickets which are discounted for them.

There's no limit to the number of young adult tickets as far as I know

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #471 on: January 30, 2016, 10:13:09 pm »

I thought they were limited, if not then that's good, but still doesn't mean they should be abused by those who are youths.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: January 30, 2016, 10:16:22 pm »

Might explain why they'd be keen to clamp down on adults purchasing a seat by way of a youth ticket.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: January 30, 2016, 10:16:44 pm »
I thought they were limited, if not then that's good, but still doesn't mean they should be abused by those who are youths.

If it's some 40 year old fella trying to take the piss I understand, but if it's a 21-25 year old lad who can still only afford to go with the young adult tickets I have sympathy for them.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: January 30, 2016, 10:25:22 pm »
Isnt the point to check the turnstyles though? Think they turn orange instead of green for kids tickets?

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #475 on: January 30, 2016, 10:32:16 pm »
Isnt the point to check the turnstyles though? Think they turn orange instead of green for kids tickets?

Yep.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: January 31, 2016, 10:17:09 am »
We all want touting to stop but now it's happening everyone is making things up to suit their own agenda here.

Lads complaining on twitter about the club taking their card off them when they are 22 and over trying to use an under21 card - and not even their card at that.

Fair enough it's not touting (if not sold at a profit) and I empathise with the situation for someone around that age there but the club can't do right for doing wrong here can they?

Under21 tickets are discounted to allow Under21 kids in the ground. If you use one then don't complain about getting more kids in the ground regardless of how good a red you are - you've stopped that kid being able to buy one. The fact that you're over 21 and likely can't afford full price is the reason (and one that needs addressing) and there I have empathy but it's what I mean about suiting an agenda. What suits one doesn't for another.

It's why I said many posts ago that this subject isn't black and white and asked what is touting exactly. The club has to take a fairly black and white stance and for that we can't really have a go can we?

It's harsh don't get me wrong - probably a bunch of lads there who go week in/out and share some cards amongst them and not really what anyone on here wants to stop, but what we do want to stop we will not be able to stop it impacting on this type of situation.

For the record as well I use Kop turnstyle C and when getting my card out one of the stewards said 'have you got your text or a piece of paper with your seat on - you'll need it inside'. First time I've had that outside.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 10:18:59 am by davidsteventon »

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: January 31, 2016, 10:18:08 am »
double post.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #478 on: January 31, 2016, 11:39:36 am »
If it's some 40 year old fella trying to take the piss I understand, but if it's a 21-25 year old lad who can still only afford to go with the young adult tickets I have sympathy for them.

But then you'd get a 26 yearl old saying the same thing. If you're over 21 and get done for this then I've got no sympathy. You've got to draw the line somewhere.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: January 31, 2016, 12:15:41 pm »
The issue of ticket prices is a separate issue. I do have sympathy for under 25s especially, many of whom struggle with ticket prices.

However the young person tickets are for 17-21 year olds. So if you're aged 22 or above you are breaking the rules. There is no limit on young person tickets (only a limit on adult/child) so if everyone buys young person when they're not entitled to them the club loses a lot of money.

I am not taking the moral high ground or anything here. We all do it. I was going in on junior tickets at some aways until I was 23! I ended up doing it for Carlisle, Kazan and Bournemouth as I gave my mate the adult card by mistake. All went with no problems but I'm 30. I like to think I look a bit younger than 30 but I don't pass for 21, no chance. 24 or 25 on a good day but never 21.

What I think is a fair approach to this is to 'yellow card' people if they are caught a first time, especially those 25 and under who are more likely doing it to keep costs down as opposed to taking the piss. Get caught, get a warning. Do it again, membership suspended. That's not so draconian, but it's definitely fair. Especially if you've been caught, had a warning, and then ignored it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 12:17:41 pm by Tiger Tony »