Author Topic: Special 1-3 Normal. Halloween 2015 (Ramirez 4', Coutinho 45+2', 75', Benteke82.)  (Read 11516 times)

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
Chelsea FC V Liverpool FC
31/10/2015
Week 11

V

Kick off 12:45

Managers:

Chelsea FC: Jose 'the (not so) Special one' Mourinho

Liverpool FC: Jurgan 'the Normal one' Klopp

Current League Form -

Chelsea FC: LWDLWL

Liverpool FC: LDWDDD

I was supposed to be a Chelsea supporter. My father was one, and that was because his father had died.

Bear with me. This is a Dickensian story. My grandparents, trying to better themselves, had bought a little house on the London/Essex border. Digging in the garden during a storm my grandfather contracted pneumonia and died. My grandmother lost the house, my father, aged six, was incarcerated in the local orphans’ asylum and my grandmother went into service for a family called the Dugdales. At their house in Chelsea, she cooked, cleaned and made the debutante dress of daughter Rose. I like to think that Rose’s left-wing notoriety – she later became an IRA activist – owed something to my grandmother’s story.

It was visiting his mother during school holidays that made my father a Chelsea supporter and decades later he duly attempted to indoctrinate his kids. He took me to my first match: Chelsea v Liverpool. It was the late 60s or early 70s. The atmosphere around Stamford Bridge was one of threat. I was surprised by the silence. Outside the ground, the only sound from the Chelsea supporters was made by their trudging feet. Inside, they sat glumly while the Liverpool supporters who had infiltrated the stand were vocal, amusing, passionate. We got talking. I was sold, even without the performance on the pitch. This was the era of Smith, Yeats and Hughes, of the majestic Roger Hunt. As I remember it, Hunt scored one of Liverpool’s goals – a screamer from a distance. Tambling pulled one back for the opposition but it never seemed likely they’d get another. The red machine was awe-inspiring.

Back home, I announced I had found my team. My family had loads of Scouse friends, printers who had moved down south and later manned the barricades against Murdoch. I told them I supported Liverpool, expecting a welcome to the ranks. To a man, they were blues. I mean, f*cking hell - you expect your parents to be embarrassing but not to that extent.

My father was concerned. He knew one of the Cobham trainers and they made a last ditch effort to convert me. I, not my brother, was sent to meet Charlie Cooke.  There’s a picture somewhere – him smiling benignly next to this sulky, skinny lad. ‘I support Liverpool,’ I told him. ‘Great team,’ said Charlie.

From all this, you’ll understand why, for this OOT, the matches against Chelsea are the ones that get the adrenalin pumping, the stomach somersaulting. The family bragging rights, the banter, not to mention the high-stakes regularity of recent cup battles - from ‘Luis Garcia, he drinks Sangria’ to Riise’s missing right foot - I’ve crowed or sulked throughout like that kid in the stands. My father was a difficult man to get to know, so football was a connection, and when two years ago he was diagnosed with dementia, it was our single connection as his brain died and he disappeared, replaced by a self-centred, delusional, accusatory doppelganger.

March this year: ‘John Terry’s playing for Liverpool this weekend, Dad.’ A weak smile. He still knew this was banter. ‘Never.’  And then he told me he’d given up watching football because the television had confused the shirts. There was nothing left to talk about. He died not long after, bruised hands plucking at a canula, the eternal skull on a stained hospital pillow.

We know the background to this weekend’s fixture. We know Mourinho is in his cyclical melt-down stage, his gloom and sense of persecution apparently worsened by his own father’s illness, for which I feel sympathy - though I hope I did not behave like such a c*ck to others when my father was dying. We know that Klopp is attempting to transition these Liverpool players from reaction to dynamism, not just on the pitch, not just in the defensive play, but mentally, too. We have no character. We have no Smith or Yeats or Hughes. That for me, is his biggest problem and one he alluded to after the Southampton game, the mental passivity that now seems to be baked in. But there are grounds for optimism. I gathered from the excellent RAWK poster BassTunedToRed that the Shots on Target Ratio is a crucial one. Exploring the stats with him further (this was before last weekend’s fixtures) he tells me:

‘Chelsea's shots on target ratio has plummeted from 63% last season to 43%. In other words, they've gone from having a top three shot profile to that of a team likely to finish around fifteenth (in theory; surely they'll improve?)

‘Liverpool, meanwhile, clock in at 59% in 2015/16, which suggests their underlying performance hasn't been too shabby at all (as teams finishing fourth average 60%), so if Klopp can sharpen the team up a little at both ends then good results should follow soon enough.’

There’s plenty of food for thought for RAWK to discuss and I joined RAWK primarily to learn tactics and methods. But essentially football remains for me a fierce visceral loyalty. Which is why there’s no room for sentimentality, nor even maturity, this weekend. As Tomo! wrote in the Mourinho thread:

‘Hope he gets the sack after playing us and his cock falls off in the shower.’

Sorry it's basic guys, as you all know my internet is very poor so I can only pinch photo's etc on copy/paste.

Edit as necessary.
 :wave

Thanks to Bonsky.

Chelsea FC ‏@ChelseaFC now9 seconds ago

Team to face Liverpool: Begovic; Zouma, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Mikel, Ramires; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa.

Matic and Fabregas dropped.

Match Officials -
Referee: Mark Clattenburg
Assistants: S Long, S Beck
Fourth Official: L Mason
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 02:40:56 pm by 24/7 »
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chelsea vs Liverpool. Halloween 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 12:25:44 pm »
As always.

PM your thoughts and we'll do our best to make you part of the action.

:)
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 12:35:59 pm »
10 mins to kick off.

Happy Halloween folks, or devils night, or mischief day or in Mourinho's case the day the Music died at Chelsea.

The fat lady is warming up, getting her vocal chords ready and primed. Hopefully she's singing like a canary at the end of it!

Offline Greebo62

• Matchday Project Manager. Amazingly Available! Apply within, ladies.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 12:41:22 pm »
Serious level of nervous anticipation on this one for me.  Interesting choice of line-up, but one I can see being quite useful if they click.
Believe...

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 12:42:03 pm »
Players are in the tunnel, Terry glad handing everyone. Skrtel and Mignolet having a skinner just before walking out , probably something along the lines of

"The Special one is gonna get sacked today"
"Yesh he is"

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 12:45:55 pm »
And we are a go here. The Reds start the match...

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 12:46:31 pm »
Liverpool in a huddle discussing the upcoming game. Hopefully the message is to get at them quickly and pressure from the start. Throw a couple of digs into Costa's ribs and give him an uncomfortable time. Like when your underwear rides up and feels like your balls are a vice ;)

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2015, 12:47:32 pm »
1' Lucas being shadowed closely already, Can drops in to take the ball from Skrtel, we build it and pass it forward.

Ramires is down, Lucas comes from behind.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2015, 12:48:07 pm »
2' Firmino gets a shot away after an early mistake, starting a little cold here. Shot well wide for a goal kick.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2015, 12:50:05 pm »
4' Milner gets caught on the left, didn't read the Spanish left back get away, Moreno doesn't read the cross, Ramires comes in and heads the ball in the net. Chelsea 1 up.

Offline Greebo62

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2015, 12:50:19 pm »
Oh Dear.  Now will be a test of the "belief" our players have, started well, sucker goal
Believe...

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2015, 12:51:36 pm »
6' Milner gets caught again, Azpilicueta gets the tackle in and away, Hazard fouled.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool. Halloween 2015 (Ramirez 4')
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2015, 12:52:28 pm »
Caught absolutely cold our defense was. Everybody just watching. Not the best start, but Klopp indicated to the players when it went in, keep your chin up, don't let it get you down.

Come on lads!

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2015, 12:53:06 pm »
7' Lucas catches the other Brazilian, Willian now, and he will take the free kick it seems. Well taken, put inside the box, headed across in the mix, and almost the second. Need to wake up here...

Offline Greebo62

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2015, 12:53:50 pm »
Skrtl doing well to keep the defensive line to play their man offside
Believe...

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2015, 12:54:18 pm »
7 mins 54 secs
The Gerrard song.

::)

Offline Greebo62

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2015, 12:54:45 pm »
Lucas likely to get a booking here, ref has blown for 3 fouls against him (one wasn't).
Believe...

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2015, 12:55:17 pm »
Milner has started really flat footed. Giving the ball away and just not up to the speed of the game. Lucas having to try and mop up behind him.

We just need to settle and get a handle on the game.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2015, 12:55:25 pm »
9' Lucas gets an arm on the face from Costa, but the Brazilian/Spanish is down and Lucas gets called by the referee, might pick up a yellow if he gets another foul.

Good ball in, cleared. Just...

Offline Greebo62

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2015, 12:59:32 pm »
13'  Thanks to TGF for the last 12 mins.  We seem a bit lost as to how to respond here, but there's really no need to panic... yet :)
Believe...

Offline Greebo62

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2015, 01:00:50 pm »
14' COutinho and Moreno combine well leading to Clyne getting a shot in, but he drags it across the goal
Believe...

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2015, 01:01:38 pm »
Pressing high and getting results. We just need to bring our shooting boots.

Lampard and the Owl discussing things in the stands. What a horrible sight.

Offline Greebo62

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2015, 01:02:41 pm »
15'  Slowly getting a grip in the game, keeping possession high up the pitchbut a bit pedestrian, about 20 passes before Clyne tries to play in Can but its cleared for a throw in
Believe...

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2015, 01:02:48 pm »
We must have thought it was a 1pm KO.

We appear to have woken up a bit.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2015, 01:03:20 pm »
Some better build up from our lads in and around the Chelsea box.

Camera pans to show Lampard and The Hodge in the stands, sitting next to each other.... An ugly sight to behold.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Greebo62

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2015, 01:03:28 pm »
18' Coutinho wins a corner.  Taken and caught by Begovic
Believe...

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2015, 01:04:00 pm »
Milner sure is leaden footed today

Just hasn't been involved at all. Needs to come to the party a bit more.

Offline Greebo62

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2015, 01:04:46 pm »
18'  Lucas with a pile driver bounces to Lallana who hits it on the turn straight at the keeper
Believe...

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2015, 01:05:30 pm »
It's a wall of blue everytime Liverpool get forward. We're up on the possession though and have settled into our passing game.

Milner again giving away possession.

Offline Greebo62

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2015, 01:06:12 pm »
19' Milner with his 400 PL appearances looks like he's forgotten what a ball is.  He loses it but pressures chelsea into giving us a throw
Believe...

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2015, 01:06:25 pm »
18' Coutinho wins a corner.  Taken and caught by Begovic

Impressive, he must be quick...

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2015, 01:07:01 pm »
Milner looks poor out wide

Smart enough to recover, but might not.

Moreno's inaction on the goal is quite unbelievable

Looks good going forward though.

Lucas might not make it 30 minutes (3 fouls in 8 minutes)

Smart enough to recover and settle down.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2015, 01:07:13 pm »
Chelsea players a weaker then a house of cards, crumple is the wind changes near them...

Offline Greebo62

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2015, 01:08:17 pm »
21' good work down the right leads to a corner Frimino shot is blocked but Moreno's corner inswings to Begovic's hands
Believe...

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2015, 01:08:26 pm »
Chelsea    Liverpool

1(1)    Shots (on goal)    4(1)
1    Fouls    6
0    Corner kicks    1
1    Offsides    0
31%    Time of Possession    69%
0    Yellow Cards    0
0    Red Cards    0
1    Saves    0

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2015, 01:09:43 pm »
22' Liverpool playing all the football, possession has been good. Chelsea are on the back foot but we are looking for that final cutting edge...

23' Couthino shown a yellow card for a challenge on Willian

Offline Greebo62

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2015, 01:10:03 pm »
23'  Coutinho must have been watching Lewis Hamilton as he wrestles Willian round the neck and picks up a yellow.  The free kick is cleared
Believe...

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2015, 01:10:27 pm »
Chelsea    Liverpool

1(1)    Shots (on goal)    4(1)
1    Fouls    6
0    Corner kicks    1
1    Offsides    0
31%    Time of Possession    69%
0    Yellow Cards    0
0    Red Cards    0
1    Saves    0

It's very much like an early Rodgers performance.
Completely and utterly dominate the ball, but never look like scoring, and concede a sloppy goal.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2015, 01:11:16 pm »
24' Chelsea take the free kick from the resulting yellow card, into our box, cleared, Chelsea try to build again.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2015, 01:13:42 pm »
26' Lallana finds Milner, out wide,  Milner shakes lose some of the leas in his boots and charges down the by line, crosses into the box, where it connects to the foot of a Liverpool lad, but straight at the Plastic keeper. Chelsea player down, and back up.

Milner then clattered by Costa near the half way line.