Author Topic: United 3-1 Liverpool FT  (Read 199830 times)

Offline Dizzyfinn

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: United 3-1 Liverpool FT
« Reply #280 on: September 12, 2015, 07:33:39 pm »
I realised halfway through the first half that I'm just waiting for a new manager.

Rodgers whole approach this season seems to be designed to do enough to keep his job rather than building a great team.

It's not working out

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #281 on: September 12, 2015, 07:33:41 pm »
The best managers get the most out of their players. Especially the limited ones.

Who are we getting the best out of in our squad?

Forget about getting the best, he's getting the worst out of some very good players.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: September 12, 2015, 07:33:41 pm »
I've been behind Rodgers through everything to this point, but I don't think I can take it anymore. I literally will not be able to watch an entire season of us playing like this, regardless of what our points total might be. It's like he thinks simply not playing offense anymore will solve his defensive shortcomings.

Positives:

Ibe looked good compared to his previous play this season.
Origi looked lively.
Benteke's goal - which, sadly, will be relegated to the same pile as Coates' against Wigan thanks to the final score. Still, for the people saying "XXXm pounds and no game-changers," I'd think they should take another look at Mr. Banned Turkey.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: September 12, 2015, 07:33:48 pm »
120 people have so far asked for Brendan to be sacked in 7 pages..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #284 on: September 12, 2015, 07:33:54 pm »
First time I've said this but keeping Rodgers last season was not the right move. Anyone got Klopp's number?
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: September 12, 2015, 07:34:00 pm »
can't wait for the super fans to show up and tell us how everything is fine  :wave
I can't wait to see what Brentie has to say ;D

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: September 12, 2015, 07:34:03 pm »
Someone in our club should call Klopp before Chelsea does
Exactly.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #287 on: September 12, 2015, 07:34:06 pm »
Lucas was all but sold to Beşiktaş and now he's suddenly a 1st team regular again, how on earth is that possible at a club that has a plan?! And I've said it many times before but Martin Skrtel is absolutely terrible, almost as bad as Lovren.
You really think there is a plan, as in on the field?

Here's the plan, and hopefully more people will be paying attention.

FSG have no clue so they rely on others who are absolute idiots to run the club. As long as the club is showing a profit tiny as it may be, as long as the books are balanced, even a whiff at top 4 will be good enough for them every year....and apparently good enough for most 'fans'. 'Bigger' stadium, good accounts, and hope to cash out ASAP is the plan. The irony is, selling LFC may not come in John Henry's lifetime.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: September 12, 2015, 07:34:12 pm »
Can thank Suarez and a godly 4 months of form from Gerrard for that.

And to a lesser extent this season, if Rodgers is afforded the time, Coutinho will mask some of his shortcomings. A wonder strike against Stoke put 3 points next to our name first game for example. He wins points on his own but we can't be depending all on him
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: September 12, 2015, 07:34:18 pm »
I think Skrtel and Lovren are the worst centreback partnership we've had at the club certainly since I can remember....and we've had some absolute shitters in the past.  That they are our first choice defensive partnership alone is a sackable offence.  Sorry Brendan, but the squad you've got is nowhere near good enough and you aren't getting them to perform to their own level let alone above it.

He should go, and he should soon.  But he won't and we'll continue this drab, insipid, rubbish excuse for football until the summer.  Shite.
Agree he has to go. Give Klopp a call. I'm sure he will get the best out of our 32.5million summer signing.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #290 on: September 12, 2015, 07:34:30 pm »
that was fucking dreadful.

feel sorry for benteke, he would thrive with the right service

Offline mensor

• Definitely not MENSA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #291 on: September 12, 2015, 07:34:30 pm »
If its up to FSG, they'll instate Sean O'Driscoll as manager if Brendan is sacked.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: September 12, 2015, 07:34:36 pm »
The thing is, with Hodgson we still had quality players and if we got a decent manager in, which we did, we could save the club from falling off a cliff. Now...fuck knows.

The first team (barring one or two) is full of quality players, trouble is they don't have anyone who can lead them.

Interesting as well for the people on here who do nothing but slag him off, boy have we fucking missed Henderson.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: September 12, 2015, 07:34:45 pm »

He should have gone this summer,now we don't have a budget. I don't even know how we can offload all those dross players Brendan brought?

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #294 on: September 12, 2015, 07:34:50 pm »
I just dont get how this is acceptable to our club as a whole.  We continue on digesting these kinds of performances and waiting for the next one.  This and the West Ham game have a Hodgson like feel.  Confidence at the floor, appalling tactics and blind hope more than expectation that it will ever get better.  There is something seriously wrong with our club and it is not being addressed.

I'll sum it up... We have a large turn around of players in the last 3 seasons so naturally seem to find consistency when the players have had 20+ games under their belts together, hence our good performances towards the latter end of the season.

We have sold our best players or let them go in Suarez, Sterling and have our best striker constantly injured.
For all the character that BR talks about in his interviews i fail to see any REAL character in any of our players in the mould of some of our more famous characters (SG, carra, hyypia etc). 

We have spent loads but on the calibre of player that would be considered a class down from the likes of players our apparent 'rivals' can attract.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: September 12, 2015, 07:34:52 pm »
Whats the fucking point in playing Ings off the left? Shocking managerial choices.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: September 12, 2015, 07:34:53 pm »
I've held back for a long time on this but I really think it's time for Rodgers to resign.  I am seeing no plan or coherence or strategy.  I'm seeing players bought who never get a chance and players who do are put in formations that don't work. 

I'm no expert - I'm highly ignorant in fact, which is why I've held off posting an opinion as I felt it would be ill-educated.  But the blows to morale are just too much. 
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TrueNorthRED

• Kopite
« Reply #297 on: September 12, 2015, 07:34:56 pm »
We have been boring, slow and predictable for far too long now. Not good enough.
"He plays as any supporter would if they were born with such demonic talent."

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #298 on: September 12, 2015, 07:35:00 pm »
This team has a million major problems

Approach to the match was shameful.

Offline Il Conte

• Kopite
« Reply #299 on: September 12, 2015, 07:35:07 pm »
We are stuck right now as we don`t have the personnel to keep the ball well and our counter-attacks are still non-existent. Very difficult situation that.

Only we can spend 60m on two strikers and look even less of a goal threat than before.

What we do have is by all accounts the personel the manager wants. His ambition seems to be to play it out the back with Migs-Skrtel-Lovren. They have their strenghts as footballers but they (and our midfielders) are utterly incompatible with what Rodgers claims to be his philosophy.

Offline Pepe Silvia

• Anny Roader
  • real ale chilled she'll tell shell
« Reply #300 on: September 12, 2015, 07:35:13 pm »
Rodgers outthought again by van Gaal. In the West Ham game they kept on playing it short from set pieces to Cresswell their left back who never got picked up and put in one dangerous cross after another. This game in the first hallf Man utd showed their hand early by doing the same thing with Blind. Lo and behold they score the first from just such a detail. Not to mention them bringing on Young at half time to introduce some much needed pace and aggression compared to us seemingly being happy with how things were going in the first 45.

Benteke seemed to have no positional instruction which seems baffling to me because you'd have thought you'd want him isolating Blind. Even pushing two strikers up, with Ings in that channel between Smalling and their right back and Benteke between Blind and their left back would have been an obvious tactic and way of exploiting an ordinary defence. Instead we left Benteke up down the middle, isolated and thus forcing us to play slow, pedestrian shite football.

Also, Skrtel. Fucking hell, almost unforgivable letting Martial score that goal. You could see almost as soon as he picked up the ball Skrtel shit his pants.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: September 12, 2015, 07:35:19 pm »
If opts up to FSG, they'll instate Sean O'Driscoll as manager if Brendan is sacked.

Nah, hiring Klopp is way to obvious. He's been dropping hints as well.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: September 12, 2015, 07:35:29 pm »
Tick tock, Jürgen Klopp

:hally
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #303 on: September 12, 2015, 07:35:31 pm »
Utopia.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #304 on: September 12, 2015, 07:35:32 pm »
It's as if BR knew with his suit choice today. He looked like he was attending a funeral

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #305 on: September 12, 2015, 07:35:32 pm »
There were idiots on this board who wanted rid of Kenny. They got their way, in fact some might say facilitated it, we ended up with an inexperienced manager with very little achievement behind him. Now there is a clamour of people shouting for Brendan's head. Some of the same posters no doubt.

Be careful what you wish for.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #306 on: September 12, 2015, 07:35:33 pm »
Ancelotti please....although he may not like the current rudderless structure at the club.

Offline lastbaron

• Kopite
« Reply #307 on: September 12, 2015, 07:35:34 pm »
For the first time in a long time i'm fewmin.

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #308 on: September 12, 2015, 07:35:35 pm »
It's all ok, Sturridge will save us!!

Oh, hang on. Sturridge will be played wide left in a formation that has been a pile of shit for the last 5 games.

When he brought Origi on I thought "Bout fucking time, two up front".

But oh no, Origi will play wide left and we will keep the same fucking system that hasn't worked all fucking season.

Absolute fucking joke and I just don't know what the thinking behind it is. We just got beat 3-1 by a team with no strikers and didn't look like scoring apart from a wonder goal.

Funny thing is, Balotelli was shit last year and people were split on whether it was his fault or the system. This season seems to add credence to the latter. The players at Brendan's disposal are better than the performances we've put in. He's gotta change something soon or he's gone.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: September 12, 2015, 07:35:35 pm »
He's dragging us down, further and further each week.

It makes me sick, a team on the verge of achieving great things held back by financial problems and ruthless owners in 2009 with Rafa Benite at the helm, and now look at us. Financially sound, all the tools to get ourselves back to the top, held back by a manager who isn't cut for the job and owners who can't see that.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: September 12, 2015, 07:35:39 pm »
Mark it down as the day Rodgers lost me. Tempted to take a month off Liverpool if were going to approach games like that.

Don't normally post in after-match threads, win or lose, but that is what has done it for me.  Not the first time either - so many games where he is playing HIS players out of position and looking to try and contain the opponents - gutless. Setting up for a game against Manchester United as if we were mid-table fodder, fucking unforgiveable for a Liverpool manager Brendan.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: September 12, 2015, 07:35:41 pm »
can't wait for the super fans to show up and tell us how everything is fine  :wave
I did and it isn't.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #312 on: September 12, 2015, 07:35:42 pm »
Let's not go overboard.
I agree, sorry, I was a little rash in my judgement after the result.

It would be worse if I were Welsh ....

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: September 12, 2015, 07:35:44 pm »
Experiment has failed.
Can we go back to having someone with a fucking winning portfolio on the bench please?
My eyes hurt from all the 'potential' and 'rebuilding'.

Offline chrishughes

• no brainer...
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #314 on: September 12, 2015, 07:35:50 pm »
Such a lame and timid performance. For all the players that have been bought over the past 2 seasons the central midfield hasn't been addressed. That's your engine.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: September 12, 2015, 07:35:53 pm »
Should have been sacked last season really, but the owners decided to give him another chance. This is his team, his players, and we look as clueless as ever on the pitch. He has to go.

Offline Torben Piechniks Y-Fronts

• Kopite
  • A Liverbird, upon my chest
« Reply #316 on: September 12, 2015, 07:36:02 pm »
That was fuckin atrocious. Players in the wrong position all over the pitch, Benteke leftso home alone he will need a macauly culkin on his fuckin arse, what in the name of a fuckin elephant shiting on a brush was Rodgers thinking?

Absolutely flabbergasted by that.

My patience is wearing so fuckin thin now, so fuckin thin.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool."

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: September 12, 2015, 07:36:04 pm »
He should go, and he should soon.  But he won't
Why this conclusion? Does John Henry not have eyes or do you know more than we do? (not a dig at you, just an honest question)
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: September 12, 2015, 07:36:07 pm »
Sign a striker and play them left wing 😂😂😂

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #319 on: September 12, 2015, 07:36:17 pm »
Great goal from Benteke.

As for the rest of it? We're average.

Four years, money spent, players bought, philosophy instilled and it's a shambles. Just the basics. We continue for four years running to be shit defensively. But now we're dreadful going forward as well. No death by football possession overkill, no breakneck counter just a bunch of players devoid of a game plan beyond don't lose who can't pass for shit.

Fuck knows what happened to Brendan. It's not as simple as Suarez because there was a philosophy in the first season. Although to be fair he may have come to the conclusion that philosophy didn't work. But we've seen it just slip further and further since the beginning of last season to where we are now.

Maybe it's the death of those close to him, the divorce or his sons trouble. But I've no idea what it is he is trying to do and the players look just as clueless. Two down and we still didn't go two up top. Baffling.

I fancy anyone to turn us over these days.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?