Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 628093 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #7720 on: October 3, 2020, 07:45:20 pm »
Shannon and Skip are great, Shannon more so than Skip
Nah, I will take Inside the NBA over all of those clowns including First Take.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #7721 on: October 3, 2020, 09:20:29 pm »
;D Doc, please tell me you are not watching that Skip buffoon.

Haha!
I watch the occasional moments, enjoyed it when Shannon Sharpe was making Skip eat some humble pie after the Clippers choked!
I do like Shannon Sharpe though, he's worth a watch.

Meh, I used to enjoy watching them, but now it just feels like a soap opera with all the over acting that they, particularly Stephan A, do. Almost become a caricature of themselves at this point. It feels like Stephen A. is acting out the role of Stephen A. ;D Think they jumped the shark a few years ago.

Like the new player hosted discussions. All the Smoke is probably my favourite. Mat Barnes is fantastic as an interviewer.

*Edit. If you haven't already, have a look at his interview with Garnett. Hilarious. Particularly the MJ and Payton stories. Garnett is an incredible story teller.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2020, 09:22:00 pm by Doc Red »
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7722 on: October 4, 2020, 01:33:18 am »

Shannon is great, especially at football, and a top man aside from that.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7723 on: October 4, 2020, 01:50:03 am »
Shannon is like the Uncle we all wish we had.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7724 on: October 4, 2020, 02:10:56 am »
Shannon is like the Uncle we all wish we had.

Unk, had a opportunity to get into same banter with him on Instagram, he's hilarious.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7725 on: October 4, 2020, 09:18:51 am »
Shannon is boss seems like such a great guy and he's probably the funniest man on television.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7726 on: October 5, 2020, 02:29:30 am »
Miami came to play tonight, hope they finish this well in 4th quarter.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7727 on: October 5, 2020, 03:14:56 am »
I love Jimmy

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7728 on: October 5, 2020, 06:56:32 am »
Yeah Jimmy is cool, i thought he was a bit of a troublemaker and locker room issue, but clearly he is what he claims he is, a fighter. Amazing performance yesterday.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7729 on: October 5, 2020, 07:47:32 am »
Yeah Jimmy is cool, i thought he was a bit of a troublemaker and locker room issue, but clearly he is what he claims he is, a fighter. Amazing performance yesterday.
Cant dislike a guy who just wants to win and wont tolerate the stupidity from those who arent as dedicated as he is.

Show in 5, though

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7730 on: October 7, 2020, 01:31:04 am »

Great player.
Unfortunately for Jimmy and the Heat, the media went overdrive after the Heat win. Super hype job.
It's over. Lebron and Davis are going to run riot on the Heat. Sticking with my original prediction, gentleman's sweep, Lakers in 5.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7731 on: October 8, 2020, 08:05:58 am »
Steve Kerr with a nice dig at the Rockets  ;D Has to be my one of my favourites in the NBA, great coach and no doubt the Warriors will be back next season.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7732 on: October 8, 2020, 05:01:34 pm »
Steve Kerr with a nice dig at the Rockets  ;D Has to be my one of my favourites in the NBA, great coach and no doubt the Warriors will be back next season.

Meh. Sounds strange, but I don't think of him as a great coach, surprising considering they went to 5 Finals. I think his backroom staff are the genious behind the method, he's just the outward persona.

I'd put plenty of coaches ahead of him. Didn't like how the Warriors played this past season. Almost as if he only knows how to coach when he as a minimum of 2 HOFs in his squad.

Luke Walton also looked pretty smart when he coached them for the majority of a season (was that when they went 73-9?)

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7733 on: October 8, 2020, 05:26:00 pm »
Meh. Sounds strange, but I don't think of him as a great coach, surprising considering they went to 5 Finals. I think his backroom staff are the genious behind the method, he's just the outward persona.

I'd put plenty of coaches ahead of him. Didn't like how the Warriors played this past season. Almost as if he only knows how to coach when he as a minimum of 2 HOFs in his squad.

Luke Walton also looked pretty smart when he coached them for the majority of a season (was that when they went 73-9?)
I'd agree with this for me Erik Spolstera is far superior to Steve Kerr even in the years when Miami had mediocre squads his team's still competed for Playoff spots.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7734 on: October 10, 2020, 05:21:25 am »
That was a fantastic game 5. Jimmy Butler didn't have the greatest second half but overall was very good and so was Duncan Robinson. LeBron with god-like numbers but just short.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7735 on: October 10, 2020, 05:26:19 am »
Kerr definitely took the Warriors to a new level when he took over.

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7736 on: October 10, 2020, 06:51:43 am »
If Dragic hadn't gotten injured Miami would been winning this series right now.

Erik Spolstera is clearly the best coach in the league nobody comes close to him right now.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7737 on: October 10, 2020, 09:32:33 am »

Hipster!

I think it was clear to see that LeBron’s performance was affected by Trumps comments. He’s such a hater. Do you all know that Hilary only comes up to his knee? It’s not good.  :lmao

Of course Spolstera is a phenomenal coach, as much as I love Brad Stevens I wish he was able to get the Celtics over the line and into the finals the way Spolstera has done numerous times. Dragic potentially could have made the difference, maybe they’ll win it without him? I predicted 4-2 before the start of the series though and I think Lakers will still clinch it in game 6.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7738 on: October 10, 2020, 09:43:30 am »
LeBron is a great player, but the likes of Jordan, Bird or Magic would have eaten him alive. Not to mention that the game had some really dominating centers at the time, like Russell, Chamberlain, Jabbar or Olajuwon. LeBron is a top 10 player, but not the best ever.

We talking about the same 6 ft 9 in, 250lbs LeBron, widely regarded as one of the greatest athletes ever across any sport and any era? None of them had the US President calling them out countless times for standing up for their beliefs hours before a match either! To be fair Bill Russell was subjected to horrific racism from his own fans.

I do love how much Trump hates him, he’s clearly the figurehead for the movement in the NBA and Trump cannot stand the unity. Any way not to turn the thread political...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 09:45:16 am by Broad Spectrum »

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7739 on: October 10, 2020, 09:46:47 am »
any chance Butler winning FMVP even if/when Heat loses the finals?

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7740 on: October 10, 2020, 09:50:05 am »

He’s been phenomenal. And considering he doesn't shoot 3’s he’s putting up some exceptional scores. Plus another triple-double in the finals, he competes hard don’t think you could argue if he was awarded it. LeBron has been superb as well though.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7741 on: October 10, 2020, 10:21:31 am »
Can't believe Danny Green missed that shot. An open 3, well placed, feet set, and it hits the underneath of the rim. Still think the Lakers will take it with the sixth, but fucking hell...
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7742 on: October 10, 2020, 10:23:07 am »
He’s been phenomenal. And considering he doesn't shoot 3’s he’s putting up some exceptional scores. Plus another triple-double in the finals, he competes hard don’t think you could argue if he was awarded it. LeBron has been superb as well though.
I'd have given it to him even if they lose in 7, considering they had Adebayo and Dragic missing some important games. He has been single handedly fighting by scoring in clutch and defending Lebron on the other hand.
Seems like there is a chance AD can miss the next game due to ankle injury.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #7743 on: October 10, 2020, 11:57:45 am »
Big shout out to the refs as well. Lost count of how many times the commentators said "wow, boy, tough call" against the Lakers last night.

That said, it does look like the Lakers themselves are definitely making a meal out of this series.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7744 on: October 10, 2020, 12:32:35 pm »

No chance. James has put up unreal numbers in finals he's lost and not won it, Jimmy isn't getting it in the same scenario

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7745 on: October 10, 2020, 03:17:56 pm »
No chance. James has put up unreal numbers in finals he's lost and not won it, Jimmy isn't getting it in the same scenario

James didn't win the 2015 Finals MVP despite playing basically on his own (Irving and Love were both injured) and none of the Warriors having an outstanding series, by their standards. As brilliant as Butler has been, it would be nothing short of insulting if Lebron doesn't win this Finals MVP if the Lakers close it out.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7746 on: October 10, 2020, 09:56:33 pm »
Can't believe Danny Green missed that shot. An open 3, well placed, feet set, and it hits the underneath of the rim. Still think the Lakers will take it with the sixth, but fucking hell...

Unbelievable miss.
But even worse, Morris doing a "J.R Smith" and wasting 4 secs doing absolutely nothing with the ball before throwing it away. Literally had 3 players next to him all wide open.

If I'm Lebron, I'd be livid. What a way to lose a game, not even getting a shot off after rebounding the brick from a wide open 3.
Green's gonna live with that as part of his reputation. Quite honestly, he's gotten really overrated, might give some chance for some better 3&D players.

Lakers in six ;D

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7747 on: October 10, 2020, 10:00:56 pm »
James didn't win the 2015 Finals MVP despite playing basically on his own (Irving and Love were both injured) and none of the Warriors having an outstanding series, by their standards. As brilliant as Butler has been, it would be nothing short of insulting if Lebron doesn't win this Finals MVP if the Lakers close it out.

Agreed. Even if Butler had better stats than Lebron (which he doesn't) the precedent has been set. MVP goes to the best player on the best team. Only reason Iguodala got MVP when he averaged 16.3 points, 5.8 rebounds , and 4 assists, even though Lebron averaged 35.8 points, 13.3 rebounds, and 8.8 assists (each of those stats were the most on either team).

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7748 on: October 11, 2020, 11:59:46 am »
Iguodala again then? ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7749 on: October 11, 2020, 12:03:20 pm »
Agreed. Even if Butler had better stats than Lebron (which he doesn't) the precedent has been set. MVP goes to the best player on the best team. Only reason Iguodala got MVP when he averaged 16.3 points, 5.8 rebounds , and 4 assists, even though Lebron averaged 35.8 points, 13.3 rebounds, and 8.8 assists (each of those stats were the most on either team).
and as a Warriors fan, i think that was stupid. Had to be Curry if they had to pick someone from the winning team.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7750 on: October 12, 2020, 12:35:46 am »
and as a Warriors fan, i think that was stupid. Had to be Curry if they had to pick someone from the winning team.

No idea why they gave it to Iguodala. Was dumbfounded when they called his name.
Probably got it because he was guarded Lebron. Or something.
Worst decision to give the Finals MVP since 1989 when they gave it to Dumars instead of Isiah (and that was a much closer discussion).

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7751 on: October 12, 2020, 02:20:51 am »
Woodshed beating, this.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7752 on: October 12, 2020, 03:07:02 am »
Woohoo! Champs!! finally.......

Credit to Rob Lowe, he came and plenty doubted what he would bring with no experience as GM, but he went about getting rid of a lot of the duds that never realised their potential, and put together the pieces to this championship team.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7753 on: October 12, 2020, 06:58:41 am »
now Lebron has an argument for the GOAT, he still loses mind but he has a better argument.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7754 on: October 12, 2020, 10:04:39 am »
MJ's retired, LeBron is still active, when LeBron hangs up his boots, years and years from now, that MVP debate will be harder to figure out between future generations.

If you want titles, Bill Russell, if you want sheer dominance, Wilt. Yet time has passed and these players fade into the background.

For LeBron to move from one team to the next, starting over each time and collecting titles and MVP's wherever he goes is some achievement.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7755 on: October 12, 2020, 10:13:34 am »
They have to get rid of Green and Kuzma for a solid wing player to repeat. Even Caruso played much better than those 2.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7756 on: October 12, 2020, 12:08:23 pm »
Think we can all celebrate this one (albeit through gritted teeth!) as a tribute to Kobe. Poor bloke should of been here to see it.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #7757 on: October 12, 2020, 03:56:19 pm »
now Lebron has an argument for the GOAT, he still loses mind but he has a better argument.

Main argument:  MJ needed Scottie to win those titles.
LBJ won *multiple* titles with JR fucking Smith

:P
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7758 on: October 12, 2020, 04:19:09 pm »
Main argument:  MJ needed Scottie to win those titles.
LBJ won *multiple* titles with JR fucking Smith

:P

AD and Kyrie didn't help?  ;D

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7759 on: October 13, 2020, 10:40:10 am »
Jordan won titles with Luc Longley as starting centre!