Author Topic: No Man’s Sky [PS4 & PC]  (Read 36155 times)

Offline RivaGe

• Legacy Fan
  • walk on
Re: No Man’s Sky [PS4 & PC]
« Reply #40 on: March 4, 2016, 04:58:57 pm »
Looks boring as hell to me.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: March 4, 2016, 06:45:46 pm »
looks fuckin shit
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: March 4, 2016, 07:32:17 pm »
Doesn't look like a game I will enjoy.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #43 on: March 5, 2016, 06:42:08 pm »
You name whatever you find however the chances of finding someone elses discoveries are pretty small. Theres 18 quintrillion of them apparently  ;D

Thats what I find a bit strange 18 quintrillion.

Say you land on a planet name it and the animals etc you find, then at some point someone else does land on the planet won't it be a different type of planet because I imagine they must be all randomly generated when you land to get 18 quintrillion in the game. 

Unless of course after the first visit the planets settings are saved on the game server or something.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2016, 07:01:20 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: March 5, 2016, 07:07:31 pm »
Thats what I find a bit strange 18 quintrillion.

Say you land on a planet name it and the animals etc you find, then at some point someone else does land on the planet won't it be a different type of planet because I imagine they must be all randomly generated when you land to get 18 quintrillion in the game. 

no, each individual planet will be the same for anyone who lands on it, kind of like minecraft where it generates the world from a seed but only has a small part of it loaded in memory at a time, you can keep leaving and re-entering that area and it will always be the same as you left it, if you give someone else the seed they'll get exactly the same world as you

it'll work similar to elite dangerous where the galaxy has been procedurally generated and is stored on the servers so whenever you go anywhere it'll load the data for that system/planet and it'll appear the same for anyone else who goes there, that's why it has to be online even though there's not a lot of interaction with other players

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 5, 2016, 10:17:44 pm »
I will be intruiged to see if anyone does find a planet already found by someone else. Isnt that 18 billion billion so even if 10 million people play it theyd need to individually discover an insane number each. Perhaps the variations of wildlife is less varied so the naming will be more relavent to them than the planets themselves.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: March 5, 2016, 10:29:30 pm »
I will be intruiged to see if anyone does find a planet already found by someone else. Isnt that 18 billion billion so even if 10 million people play it theyd need to individually discover an insane number each. Perhaps the variations of wildlife is less varied so the naming will be more relavent to them than the planets themselves.

Yeah they won't. Infact I think that's why there's so many planets because there's zero gameplay outside of "exploring"

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: March 5, 2016, 10:37:12 pm »
Wouldnt exactly say zero but id definitely say this wont be a game for everyone. It wont exactly be a game for a quick pick up and play

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: March 5, 2016, 11:51:27 pm »

Yeah they won't. Infact I think that's why there's so many planets because there's zero gameplay outside of "exploring"

There's a star map so I imagine people will share their locations online and attempt to meet up with anyone who's a sane distance away.

It does sound like there's a lot more to it than just exploring, but none of the options seem especially deep. To be honest I'd take a solid single player campaign set in a single solar system over an empty experience across a whole galaxy/universe, I tried E:D and got bored pretty quickly for the same reason, despite each of the roles seemingly being a lot more involved than they are in NMS.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #49 on: March 9, 2016, 04:38:47 pm »
Really in two minds over this, although I'm defo still planning on getting it. Depending on how it's done, it could be an absolutely lovely thing to immerse yourself in for a bit, or of pretty limited appeal past the initial curious toe-dipping. I want to really be able to feel the freedom of solo exploration and joy of discovery (which will require constant surprises, so I hope absolutely loads has been held back and not shown in all the promotional frenzy), but also to have a strong sense of other explorers' impact on the galaxy.

I'm more concerned about the seeming lack of 'indirect interaction', of being able to take in the footprints of other human players and add to the 'culture' of the universe, than I am the dearth of traditional game mechanics and direct P2P interactions. I can actually do without having to deal with repetitive online dogfights and tedious trade grinding and such stuff... but I cannot do without the feeling of being a part of something big that we can all affect, worlds we genuinely actually impact with our discovery of them, as happens in reality. If I die in the harsh wilderness of a planet I was too foolishly adventurous to take proper precautions wandering through, I'd want subsequent better-equipped explorers to be able to find my remains there, witness the litter of my desperate doom. Now that, to me, is the proper interesting shit of exploratory games - the secret tales to be told by a priveleged intrepid few, who went there.

Another thing; I had to recently prise myself away from Bloodborne about two thirds of the way through, because it was becoming stupidly stressful for me and almost all-consuming - I don't need inwardly-screaming stressout sessions from videogames these days, that's really for kids with limited perspectives on life and/or responsibilities. When I think about the world as an adult, I just want to do relaxing things with my free time!  :P

There's something to be said for very zen gaming experiences, I think they have far more therapeutic merit than harsh, ultra-competitive twitchy environments, and I sort of dig that stuff more now. I get warming vibes off the thought of certain game worlds helping individuals with severe PTSD and crippling phobias/neuroses and the like to reconnect with a kind-of "outside" world, something to leave their protective bubble to take part in, and I love games that allow me to help other human players out in ways that aren't completely scripted or involve us both mindlessly bashing shit up, just going through the motions of the stuff you're supposed to do. The notion that I could be effecting a positive emotional impact on some sweethearted autistic-spectrum kid with a fucking shite oppressive home(/school/work)life somewhere in the world, participating in a little soothing fantasy of brave conscientious souls coming to their aid in times of need, redemptive sacrifices, perilous escapades only survived by banding together... that stuff still appeals to me somwhere very deep down.

It's a tiny bit of a missed opportunity if there are no real Journey-esque occasional forced meetings of anonymous players like that, or it's so rare as to be a far-too-exclusive club. They need to get the balance just right if they have that sort of stuff somewhere in mind(?). I did hear that the developers had been inspired by the more imaginative, unconventional multiplayer implementations of the likes of Journey and the Souls series, so I hope that's there in more than just depositing text messages about, and that all their talk of the miniscule probability of encountering any other player is just them trying to dampen down feverish MMO expectations. I'm hoping against hope that it'll become a surprisingly frequent chance occurence, a core feature of the game.

Done beautifully, the zen potential is very promising. "Walking simulators" tend to lack something vital, as player agency is virtually non-existent. Any game that captures that meditative, chill vibe while also giving you more to do than merely floating through everything observing the work of not-so-amazingly-groundbreaking-and-original writers, I'll more than gladly check out early doors. It's much worse when there's also a feeling of being on rails despite the illusion of an open environment to move through, which definitely won't be an issue here. Just like how an essentially very linear game needs to get all its other shit perfectly together to really work (e.g. The Last of Us), this one will need to deliver fantastically on an entirely different set of design elements to become truly worthy of the excitement generated by the vast unbridled space exploration theme. And it's something that has actually never been perfected before, only promised in brief glimpses during the classic eras of videogames. I have to salute the enormous ambition, but it'll actually be quite miraculous if such a tiny indie studio pull it off - it quite frankly needs to be utterly amazing to hit that sweet spot, in a similar way to how Witcher 3 is a bloody mindblowing undertaking of game development, but would basically fall apart if it was anything less.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline quirkovski

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2016, 06:32:50 am »
Delayed till August 12th in the UK.  :(

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2016, 10:34:06 pm »
Some guy in the states paid 1250 dollars to buy a leaked copy and just posted some footage. Won't spoil anything but it looked pretty good survival/exploration. Will definately be picking it up

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2016, 10:53:37 pm »

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2016, 10:55:38 pm »
Yep thats the vid. They arent lasting long though as they are being taken down pretty quick. Avoided the intro video he posted but thought id check out what the planets are like and basic gameplay. Hopefully there's enough to prevent it becoming too repetitive. The scale is pretty Mind boggling still.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2016, 01:04:18 am »
I'm still completely confused as to how there can be so many people playing, yet they say that you'll never bump into another player? :S
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2016, 07:52:40 am »
There are 16 quintrillion planets or something daft. 99.9% of the planets will never be visited. The best chance of finding someone will be at the centre as naturally thats everyones focal point and the planets will get more condensed. Real shame as it would be fantastic if you could search for others. Perhaps that could be a future update? Or perhaps they would keep that for a sequel.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2016, 08:07:13 am »
Less and less interested in this as time goes by. You also don't need a PS Plus sub to go online, that's because you'll never see anyone anyway.

What looked so promising now looks utterly pointless.

Do yourself a favour and buy elite dangerous.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2016, 09:30:22 am »
Less and less interested in this as time goes by. You also don't need a PS Plus sub to go online, that's because you'll never see anyone anyway.

Fucking incredible game.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2016, 09:39:09 am »
This looks like the perfect game just to sink time into. Explore and move on.

I wonder how long it will take to cover a whole planet and if they really are planet sized? And if you I back to a planet you previously discovered if you'll always land in the same spot or if it will remember what you achieved there, or just generate it again from scratch?

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2016, 12:22:02 pm »
This looks like the perfect game just to sink time into. Explore and move on.

I wonder how long it will take to cover a whole planet and if they really are planet sized? And if you I back to a planet you previously discovered if you'll always land in the same spot or if it will remember what you achieved there, or just generate it again from scratch?

you could probably spend your entire time in the game on one planet and not see everything on it, as for planet sizes, there's over 18 quintrillion of them so guess there's going to be some variation but from what's been shown so far and people trying to calculate the sizes they seem small compared to known planets but in gaming terms they're still huge compared to anything that's gone before

you can fly over a planet's surface and land wherever you want, as long as it's suitable of course, so you could choose to land on the dark side if you want (all planets rotate around their star and have day/night cycles) the planet will always be the same whenever you or anyone else goes there as it's generated from a seed (like minecraft, if you create a world 10 times from the same seed you will always get the same result)

it will definitely remember anything you discover and things you've interacted with like monoliths, npc's, chests etc, not sure about physical changes like mining, it's supposed to store things like that locally so if you dig out a big hole it will still be there if you go back as the game will generate the planet from the seed then make any physical changes from your local data but another player going there won't be able to see it (no idea what would happen if you were both there at the same time?) details are a bit vague though so might work differently

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2016, 12:31:36 pm »
Think they said large changes will be stored on the server (like destroying a space station) but again the chances of anyone else seeing that anyway is practically zero. Would be good if reaching the centre gave you god mode in the next universe like the devs ability to travel anywhere and stuff otherwise its just repeating the same cycle.

Certainly enough cool stuff to do in the short term. Its definately not a multiplayer game though for anyone thinking it might be
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 12:33:29 pm by WillG.LFC »

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2016, 12:56:34 pm »
yeah sean murray said something along the lines of large changes being stored on the server but he's always been a bit vague and secretive so it's hard to tell what kind of permanent impact you can have on a planet and if it affects other players if they ever get to the same location

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2016, 01:27:12 pm »
Dont think you can dig further than a few metres so massive holes/destroying planets aint going to happen. Think i remember watching a video where sean said that as the space between everything exists people can fly between planets/stars if they wanted, it would just take literally millions of years :D think he also said a journey of 30 seconds using warp to a planet would take like 4 hours of flying with the standard flight boosts. Best to just wait and upgrade the ship then!

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2016, 01:35:50 pm »

depends on what you want to do and how you want to play it

if you want pvp space combat then yeah elite dangerous is your best option but then you'll need a pc or xbox one (no idea what the online community is like on xbox)

exploration in elite can be very dull (and i've reached elite rank for exploration) basically jump to a system while watching the flight through witch space which is nothing more than a loading screen and can sometimes take ages if your connection isn't great, then fire your discovery scanner to find any objects in the system before flying close enough to any objects to be able to detail scan them, the distances involved are realistic so sometimes can take you ages if you want to 100% a system though the rewards aren't worth it for anything other than black holes, neutron stars, earth like worlds, water worlds & terraformable candidates, planetary exploration could be good but at the moment you are limited to lumps of rock with all the atmosphere of being on the moon, jump into your srv then drive towards whatever your scanner has detected driving past 100's of rocks that you can't shoot then when you get to your destination what's usually there 99% of the time? yeah a fucking rock that gives you 2 or 3 different elements you can use for synthesis, that's utterly pointless, and if you're outside the bubble then the chances of finding another player is probably the same as nms

elite is a great game as far as the flight models and combat goes but outside of that it can be very dull and is a bit of a grind at first

if nms lives up to expectations then i can't see me going back to elite

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2016, 11:32:49 pm »
depends on what you want to do and how you want to play it

if you want pvp space combat then yeah elite dangerous is your best option but then you'll need a pc or xbox one (no idea what the online community is like on xbox)

exploration in elite can be very dull (and i've reached elite rank for exploration) basically jump to a system while watching the flight through witch space which is nothing more than a loading screen and can sometimes take ages if your connection isn't great, then fire your discovery scanner to find any objects in the system before flying close enough to any objects to be able to detail scan them, the distances involved are realistic so sometimes can take you ages if you want to 100% a system though the rewards aren't worth it for anything other than black holes, neutron stars, earth like worlds, water worlds & terraformable candidates, planetary exploration could be good but at the moment you are limited to lumps of rock with all the atmosphere of being on the moon, jump into your srv then drive towards whatever your scanner has detected driving past 100's of rocks that you can't shoot then when you get to your destination what's usually there 99% of the time? yeah a fucking rock that gives you 2 or 3 different elements you can use for synthesis, that's utterly pointless, and if you're outside the bubble then the chances of finding another player is probably the same as nms

elite is a great game as far as the flight models and combat goes but outside of that it can be very dull and is a bit of a grind at first

if nms lives up to expectations then i can't see me going back to elite
Well said - they're entirely different videogame entities, really. A massive part of the appeal of No Man's Sky for me and many others is in its classic-sci-fi-book-cover aesthetic approach, a niche it's carving out of its very own, that totally sets it apart and makes other similar games just seem a lot less visually engaging. The clear influence of iconic artists such as Chris Foss, Ralph McQuarrie, Moebius, John Harris, Roger Dean (who was such a massive part of legendary Liverpudlian game studio Psygnosis' visual identity throughout the Amiga era), etc. are what has held my curiosity, ultimately.

While I think buying into the massive, bordering-on-hysterical hype is unwise, the wholly cynical reaction of others pre-emptively trashing the game and saying it'll be "shit" and so on just annoys me, frankly. The game doesn't need to be for you, it doesn't need to be all things to all space-gaming people; if it was pure exploration gameplay and nothing else, so many gamers would be bored shitless, but another set would be enthralled.

If it fails, it will likely be a very interesting failure nonetheless, a real curio that people will look back on with some fondness in generations to come. I tip my hat to such a small independent UK studio for that alone. But it might be a genuinely compelling imagination-stoking gameplay experience, if you give it a chance. It doesn't seem like the sort of game which will reward an arms-crossed, cynical, impatient, easily-bored, so-impress-me-then attitude... it will likely reward being very open-minded, coming to it with a sense of wonder and sensitivity for what vibe it's going for.

I don't think it's gona be all that the ready-made fans have been hoping for, but I think it will be intriguing, and may lay the foundations for a truly remarkable take on this vision further down the line, either by Hello themselves or some other dudes. And a more traditional multiplayer mode is apparently coming later - I hope that mode still involves some free exploration elements, albeit by necessity scaled back.

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2016, 12:09:10 am »
Fucking incredible game.

Seconded, plus it'll get even better over the next few years

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2016, 01:52:54 am »
another video has been leaked, doubt it will be up for long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyjkgkC01VU&feature=youtu.be

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #67 on: August 5, 2016, 10:35:06 am »
my simplygames order been dispatched hopefully arrive tomorrow

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 5, 2016, 11:12:44 am »
my simplygames order been dispatched hopefully arrive tomorrow

Same here, wasn't expecting it to be posted until tomorrow at the earliest

Offline Gene

• Severe Tropical Cyclone (RSMC Nadi designation:12F JTWC designation:15P)
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #69 on: August 5, 2016, 01:43:10 pm »
Really looking forward to this.
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'

Online cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: August 6, 2016, 02:12:47 am »
I've been watching early review/leaked copy videos and so far it looks exactly the way I expected it to. It looks like an insanely vast exploration game with some other elements tacked on, suitable for probably a few weeks of heavy play, burnout, and then occasional sessions for ages after that. Which, to me, is a good thing. That's exactly what this was always supposed to be, as far as I'm concerned. It's a game made by a small studio whose members are heavily into experimenting with design and math (watch the video of the sound guy giving a lecture in Spain to see how intense these folks are about the technical aspects of the game) and who figured they could produce something interesting and worthwhile. The problem is that Sony decided to tout the thing as the Second Coming, and Sean Murray did things like going on Colbert's show in front of millions of people. Now he's starting to look like Peter Molyneux, and the game has accrued so much hype that it's inciting visceral negativity from people who probably would have just said "Oh, that looks interesting, but not my cup of tea" if it had been marketed and released as it should have been.

I'll probably buy it. I love exploration, and much of NMS looks right up my alley. I played many, many hours of Elite: Dangerous in its first few months of full release, and much of that was spent exploring. But I remember making it to Sagittarius A (the center of E:D's galaxy), turning back, and feeling the sense of loneliness ramp up to some seriously unpleasant levels. I raced back as fast as I could (which still took several days) and I was so happy just to see the junky little station I landed at, despite there not being any players or NPCs around. It was all trading and the occasional bounty hunt after that, and even though I did wind up buying Horizons when it went on sale, I've probably played about two total hours of the game in the last year. That's not a knock; I think it's great, and beautiful, and well-crafted. I should probably revisit it!

I believe that NMS solves several of my major issues with E:D:
1. The lack of a sense of real discovery when exploring. Yeah, maybe the procedural animals and landscapes will start to look repetitive after a while (though early reports suggest that surprises still abound 30 hours into the game, so it seems promising), but it's a lot better than just honking your discovery scanner and potentially landing on a barren rock or two.
2. The utter isolation of exploring on one's own. This isn't completely solved, as obviously there really isn't much of a multiplayer aspect to NMS, but at least there are aliens to talk to and factions to fight/trade with spread throughout the universe.

Wishes that neither game fulfills:
1. Making a real impact on the universe. I want to set up a colony or a trading post! I want a political system with real player involvement! I want to be able to name discovered planets/species that other players might actually see!
2. Friends. I don't mean other players online, just crewmembers that are always around, hopefully with at least a smattering of personality. This is one of the things that made Mass Effect so great - knowing that you could take a stroll around your ship and see people who'd joined you along the way working at their stations or just sitting around. The companions in the Mount and Blade series, for instance, have basically 4 total paragraphs of dialogue each, but they follow you into battle every time and you start to form attachments. Even the nameless settlers in Fallout 4 provide a sense of community and social accomplishment. Hell, I even like the cookie-cutter random crewmembers that you can collect in Starbound. It's just nice to be responsible for more than a ship and some inventory. Writing the multitude of dialogue bits that procedurally-generated companions would require would obviously be time-consuming, but it could definitely be done.

For me, what NMS really should be is a giant canvas for smaller games. It would have been great if they sold the base game along with a modding/mission-editing system that allowed players to take stretches of the universe and create events, conflicts, quest-chains, and stories within them. Kind of like Mario Maker on a grand scale. Even an easily-moddable event system like the Paradox games would be lovely. I'd be thrilled with a huge player-created library of random encounters. But...well, let's just hope there's enough in it to at least let our imaginations do some work.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2016, 02:15:03 am by cptrios »

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: August 6, 2016, 09:02:04 am »
Fired it up for the first time, not sure whether to play much or not as the servers are supposedly getting wiped and there's a day 1 patch which involves starting from scratch again

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #72 on: August 6, 2016, 11:04:43 am »
Fired it up for the first time, not sure whether to play much or not as the servers are supposedly getting wiped and there's a day 1 patch which involves starting from scratch again
I would wait, so all us early-adopters are in the same boat. Finding something very interesting, knowing that the servers will soon be wiped, will only affect your enjoyment of your discoveries. And the patch might well make your early gameplay experiences much better, with fewer frustrating bugs and shit, so those fresh dreamy first impressions and sense of immersion (hugely important when it comes to a game like this) are as good as they can be.

Like cptrios, I hope after the initial heavy play that this becomes a game to dip into now and then just for a bit of a chilled vibe. It'll be different to other relaxing zen games in that you won't be revisiting the same areas and experiencing the same narrative events when you go back to it - I love stuff like Journey, but so much of its power (mainly visual, musical, and just plain emotional; it elicited a tear or two from me by the end) lies in that first playthrough. That's enough, not all videogames need to be built for years of intense play, but No Man's Sky will presumably still offer new sights and sounds to amuse yourself with finding, after you've worn out the goal-seeking element of the game and all that.

If it turns out to be a relative success, I would like Hello to collaborate with perhaps a larger dev studio, probably with Sony's funding, to produce a sequel that takes all the best things from this one, but then adds many things that the runaway hype train has thrown up. This tiny team never had a chance in hell of including the kind of content loads of fanatics seemingly almost expected would be in this game when it was first getting promoted ("can I fly into volcanoes? Can I manipulate weather systems on planets? Can I stay on one moon and build a vast city-like base?", etc). However unrealistic those expectations, there are a great many intriguing ideas that have popped up as a result, that a larger professional studio could feasibly help implement in a 'definitive' later instalment. Hello have accomplished their goal of finally creating this game, realising those ambitious ideas, so the way to go next would be to strive to make the ultimate epic game of this genre, with the same aesthetic, but utilising far greater development resources - Hello have marketed this game heavily with Sony's support/pressure, but they reportedly turned down big offers of help from them, financial and otherwise, in actually producing it. This one was their baby, let the second child be built from the finest materials by the sharpest minds into something that truly propels videogames onto new worlds.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: August 7, 2016, 12:53:55 am »
Absolutely caned this today, not arsed if my progress gets wiped and I have to start again

Got stuck at one bit trying to take off where the ship would just sink into the ground and I couldn't do anything apart from quit and reload, tried it 3 or 4 times and the same thing happened so ended up going for a walk to try and find an outpost with a call ship thing, took me a couple of hours but managed to sort it in the end

Online cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: August 7, 2016, 10:47:50 pm »
For anyone who's been watching streams (or playing), apparently the Day One patch is full of some seriously enormous changes: http://kotaku.com/no-mans-skys-day-one-patch-will-make-some-huge-changes-1784940149

The inventory increase looks like a pretty huge quality-of-life improvement, among other things. Apparently they've even added base-building. I'm now genuinely tempted to pre-order.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: August 8, 2016, 07:26:45 am »
Caved last night and pre-ordered in the hope it arrives on Wednesday.

I'd watched some videos of it and then read the new patch notes and that tipped me over the edge.

Goodbye life...
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: August 8, 2016, 07:35:18 am »
Those updates sound great

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #77 on: August 8, 2016, 08:27:15 am »
When is the patch released ? Got the game Saturday but don't want to start properly until then ...

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: August 8, 2016, 10:41:11 am »
Day of release i believe (tomorrow?). Only compatible with new saves too apparently. Plus the fact the servers are being wiped its a good way of stopping people playing early. Intruiged how the networking update will work, says it increases the chance of you finiding others (or maybe others influences like named planets etc)

Offline MC14

• I apologise for my terrible hair, clothes and glasses
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #79 on: August 8, 2016, 11:00:35 am »
Mines been dispatched, i wasn't too sure but the patch notes sounds great, and they'll only get better