Author Topic: No Man’s Sky [PS4 & PC]  (Read 36154 times)

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
Re: No Man’s Sky [PS4 & PC]
« Reply #160 on: August 11, 2016, 05:30:41 pm »
It's certainly not complicated but at the same time isn't overly easy. You have an idea of what you need and how to do it. Said before if you like to blitz games till you finish it i doubt it's the game for you. To get to the centre you just hyper hump to a planet  gather resources, hyper jump to the next planet and so on till the centre. So no doubt that's boring. I will maybe get an hour or 2 maximum at a time to play so it's perfect for me at the moment. Will no doubt eventually reach the point there's nothing left to do but thats the same with all games. Certainly alot of potential for updates with this but it's certainly not perfect either

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: August 11, 2016, 05:46:51 pm »
I'm really wanting to get this for the weekend but the longevity and 'replayability' are putting me off a bit, especially at £45 for the game. From what I've read so far it seems some nerds have already 'completed' the game already by getting to the centre of the universe, which for a such a big world they've created seems a bit mad in 3 days to do it. I get its the journey and not the destination that's important with this but concerns about the repetitiveness of the game and people complaining about the lack of actually things is worrying, not to mention I remember reading that this would be an interactive world with other players but now that's been binned off for some reason. I'll probably impulse buy at the weekend though ;D

What are peoples honest thoughts so far..? Did it live up to expectations?

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: August 11, 2016, 05:53:58 pm »
It depends what you want out of it I guess, I'll be getting it when it comes out on PC tomorrow (making a point of not preordering games anymore).

The hype was pretty much created by people who had no idea what the game was. Sean Murray lied a bit it seems but he was hardly doing a Peter Molyneux.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: August 11, 2016, 06:14:07 pm »
Apparently the order you add your upgrades affects their effectiveness. So upgrades for a ships weapon ideally need to be placed next to the weapon itself in the inventory. Explains the odd order of the slots if true. So ships with more slots next to the weapons will make it a more effective fighter. Might take a bit more care where im keeping/placing stuff!

Offline Craigeth

• Legacy Fan
  • Ninety six Friends, we all shall miss YNWA
« Reply #164 on: August 11, 2016, 06:15:24 pm »
I'm absolutely loving this, as people have previously said if you like to rush through games this definitely isn't for you, just bought a 28 slot ship and it makes such a difference, Emeril farming is the key you can make a ton of credits from selling Emeril.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: August 11, 2016, 06:15:53 pm »
If you find a station on a planet apparently you can add a waypoint to it by L2 + scan whilst looking at it. So if you travel away you can easily find your way back. Scanning next to it clears it. Will check this later

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: August 11, 2016, 06:20:14 pm »
I started my own game last night after playing it all day with my lad. His game went really well, nice green and warm planet with goodies galore. My game is is the opposite, -60 degrees during the day and a toxic atmosphere, it's a shithole. The planet you get to start makes so much difference to the experience.

Offline Craigeth

• Legacy Fan
  • Ninety six Friends, we all shall miss YNWA
« Reply #167 on: August 11, 2016, 06:20:30 pm »
If you find a station on a planet apparently you can add a waypoint to it by L2 + scan whilst looking at it. So if you travel away you can easily find your way back. Scanning next to it clears it. Will check this later

Good to know! I just end up going round planets scanning and looking for question marks, exosuit upgrades are great to find.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: August 11, 2016, 06:23:22 pm »
Forgot to ask, on the start screen anyone noticed all the named systems? Swear the second time i played there were more named stars. Wonder if they are filling up as people find them? Tried zooming out for ages on the map and scanning for other players but i think im on my todd!

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: August 11, 2016, 06:24:49 pm »
Good to know! I just end up going round planets scanning and looking for question marks, exosuit upgrades are great to find.
One thing i can confirm is one of the dpad buttons turns on a flashlight. Found that accidentally yesterday

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: August 11, 2016, 06:43:54 pm »
One thing i can confirm is one of the dpad buttons turns on a flashlight. Found that accidentally yesterday

Will it keep me warm on my shithole of a planet?

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: August 11, 2016, 07:05:39 pm »
Probably not i did blow a hole into the ground to avoid the heat though. The grenade launcher can be a useful survival tool :D

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #172 on: August 11, 2016, 07:34:25 pm »
Found a right shit hole, freezing temperature then you get a red hot dust storm every 2 minutes, not gonna hang around here for long

Fucked the whole system off in the end, got into space and was attacked by pirates,  killed them and made it to the next planet, in the info pane it said "sentinels: frenzied" so thought better be careful here, scanned a tree and got mobbed by loads of them, got back into space only for more pirates to turn up

Would rather spend a weekend in Warrington
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 07:49:35 pm by Decrepit Jack Brassi »

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: August 11, 2016, 08:00:01 pm »
Having trouble getting a decent multi tool, been offered a few but they've been worse than my current one, pre patch I was getting them thrown at me, might be something to do with the npc's though? , I'm only finding gek and korvax while over the weekend saw more vy'keen than anything

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #174 on: August 11, 2016, 08:30:20 pm »
This is incredible. Only played an hour and not left my first planet yet, but I love the exploring aspect of it.

One things I've noticed, when I'm scanning an animal, the weight and height stats are the wrong way around. eg. Height = 30kg, Weight = 2m.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: August 11, 2016, 08:34:26 pm »
Well that was stressful. Found a ton of that emeril is it? And gold. Something like 50 to 75ks worth. So left the planet to go to the space station to sell it, hindsight i sould have looked for somewhere on the planet to sell as i was attacked by pirates. Decided to try and make a run for it, L1R1 boost was blocked due to enemy ships so guessing they block you. Used circle boost to fly towards the space station, 3 of them chasing me in my shitty space micra :D lost my shield with about 7 seconds to go, wasnt sure to gamble fixing the shields or whether id stop flying so carried on. Down to 2 health when i finally got there and docked. Luckily they didnt follow. Sold all my gear but they are still flying outside, i can see them from the windows so I've took a break and hoped they are gone when i turn the game back on  ;D

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: August 11, 2016, 08:36:19 pm »
This is incredible. Only played an hour and not left my first planet yet, but I love the exploring aspect of it.

One things I've noticed, when I'm scanning an animal, the weight and height stats are the wrong way around. eg. Height = 30kg, Weight = 2m.
Haven't noticed that, will check if mines the same. Have noticed if you have the binoculars out. If a red dot appears above the animal it means you've already found the species. I think grey is animals not yet found. Might have the colours the wrong way but eiher way it makes scanning for them easier over distance

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #177 on: August 11, 2016, 08:43:08 pm »
Haven't noticed that, will check if mines the same. Have noticed if you have the binoculars out. If a red dot appears above the animal it means you've already found the species. I think grey is animals not yet found. Might have the colours the wrong way but eiher way it makes scanning for them easier over distance

I think through the binoculars, red means you haven't discovered them yet, green means you have, not noticed grey yet.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: August 11, 2016, 08:54:10 pm »
That sounds more like it, couldn't remember which way round it was. Makes it handy identifying unknown species. I was just seeing if they looked familiar :D

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: August 11, 2016, 09:24:20 pm »
Hate that when you've only got one or two species left to find and you see a red dot in the binoculars then when you get there it's just another type of species you've already discovered

Anybody managed to scan a flying creature yet?  (apart from the big fish or snake type things) seen some pterodactyl type birds/things which had red dots but couldn't get them to scan

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: August 11, 2016, 09:34:00 pm »
Hate that when you've only got one or two species left to find and you see a red dot in the binoculars then when you get there it's just another type of species you've already discovered

Anybody managed to scan a flying creature yet?  (apart from the big fish or snake type things) seen some pterodactyl type birds/things which had red dots but couldn't get them to scan
Yes! Just before i was ontop of a mountain as i usually do to have a good search around the environment. As i was high up they flew pretty close to me. I think if you zoom with the binoculars then scan you can scan items further away. Alternative might be to shoot the birds and scan the body if that's possible???

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: August 11, 2016, 09:41:33 pm »
Didn't realise if you go to options then upload each item you've found you get cash rewards. Just got about 200k for uploading 6 planets worth of species  :o

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #182 on: August 11, 2016, 10:07:47 pm »
I can't find that Thamium9 anywhere  :no

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #183 on: August 11, 2016, 10:12:44 pm »
I can't find that Thamium9 anywhere  :no

Mine the asteroids in orbit. loads of it thats where I get mine.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: August 11, 2016, 10:21:26 pm »
Had that same problem with plutonium at one point. You can buy it if you find an outpost? Make one of those chips and override the atlas points. Should show you a nearby outpost. If you are in luck they may sell it.

just got scanned by pirates and before i could escape they attacked me. Flew to the planet surface but was followed. Planet was quite hilly so managed to do some low manouvers to get behind them and managed to destroy the shits. Flew to the next star as there were too many pirate attacks in that system. Badly need a new ship now though, haven't died once yet but space is where its likely to happen with this ship

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #185 on: August 11, 2016, 10:29:12 pm »
Mine the asteroids in orbit. loads of it thats where I get mine.

I actually thought I couldn't start my ship without it. Turns out it's just for the main boost haha.

Thanks though, found loads in the asteroids now.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #186 on: August 11, 2016, 11:05:06 pm »
I'm a little lost. Got to the first space station, what am I meant to do now? Do I go straight into exploring? I had objectives in the bottom right corner but they've disappeared :/

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: August 11, 2016, 11:43:15 pm »
You got the hyperdrive plans? After that i did a bit of exploring and got fuel for the hyper drive. Some random stuff just started happening with me, i had to break into an abandoned factory i remember that

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #188 on: August 12, 2016, 12:02:18 am »
Oh to find a nice green planet all mine have been cold rocky wastelands today.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: August 12, 2016, 12:27:11 am »
Just read some poor fella started on a water world with sporadic tiny islands with mainly iron. I can see how some people have gotten fed up with it early on, luck of the draw. Defo taking as many screenshots on the ps4 as i can remember to, hopefully the future base building update allows us to go back to planets

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #190 on: August 12, 2016, 12:33:27 am »
You got the hyperdrive plans? After that i did a bit of exploring and got fuel for the hyper drive. Some random stuff just started happening with me, i had to break into an abandoned factory i remember that

I don't think I have no, where do you get that?

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #191 on: August 12, 2016, 02:01:08 am »
Bit of a quick take off here, not sure how I even did this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQSOsEqHnY4

Tried to embed this, but doesn't work how it used to for some reason  :-\
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 02:04:25 am by bailey90 »

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #192 on: August 12, 2016, 02:03:48 am »
I don't think I have no, where do you get that?

Im sure I was given it at the first space-station I visited.

Do you choose help of the Atlas at your crashed space craft at the beginning?

Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #193 on: August 12, 2016, 02:04:46 am »
Im sure I was given it at the first space-station I visited.

Do you choose help of the Atlas at your crashed space craft at the beginning?

Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

I'm pretty sure I did yeah. I'll head back to the space station at some point and check.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #194 on: August 12, 2016, 02:12:56 am »
Used a Black-hole tonight.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: August 12, 2016, 03:30:37 am »
Jim Sterling was scathing in his review, gave it 5/10,seeing mostly middling reviews to be honest.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: August 12, 2016, 04:38:57 am »
Jim Sterling was scathing in his review, gave it 5/10,seeing mostly middling reviews to be honest.

I believe this game has completely transcended standard reviewability. The hype and anti-hype have been so intense that I don't think any reviewer can possibly look at this with even a scrap of objectivity. The only real way to know if it's for you is to watch Twitch streams...with the volume off, because holy shit Twitch streamers are absolutely horrific. I'm glad I somehow managed to avoid that site for so long.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #197 on: August 12, 2016, 06:42:52 am »
I found a really nice planet hardly anything drains not even life support and the oncoming storm is just a bit of drizzle.   

I think I will try to discover all the wildlife on it 44% so far.

I wonder if one of the big boys will try to buy the company out just for their universe engine.

so much scope for different types of games in the universe they have made.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: August 12, 2016, 07:35:10 am »
Bit of a quick take off here, not sure how I even did this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQSOsEqHnY4

Tried to embed this, but doesn't work how it used to for some reason  :-\
Ha mad that, might be a glitch

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: August 12, 2016, 07:38:07 am »

I'm pretty sure I did yeah. I'll head back to the space station at some point and check.

Do you have the preorder ship? If so you already have the hyper drive so just need to find fuel. I remember being told their was an abandoned factory that i needed to break into (where i had the calamitous episode described earlier in here). The plans where in the factory