Author Topic: European and World Champion and all round Big Man Joseph Dave Gomez  (Read 784945 times)

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: European and World Champion and all round Big Man Joseph Dave Gomez
« Reply #6720 on: December 24, 2023, 10:02:13 am »
Please stay fit. He’s vital for us over the next few weeks.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #6721 on: December 24, 2023, 10:05:09 am »
He had a good game yesterday and came very close to scoring.
#JFT97

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #6722 on: December 24, 2023, 11:59:42 am »
I thought he had a serious case for MOTM. Defended superbly and almost changed the game for us going forward. If that effort had curled in this would have been the greatest Christmas of all time.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #6723 on: December 24, 2023, 01:40:03 pm »
Closer every game.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #6724 on: December 24, 2023, 02:07:05 pm »
Closer every game.
In one sense; I'd love him to be so in the other sense!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6725 on: December 24, 2023, 06:17:52 pm »
In one sense; I'd love him to be so in the other sense!

Move closer
Move your curler real close until we
Feel like you've really scored enough
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6726 on: December 24, 2023, 06:49:26 pm »
I’m putting a £10 on him to score every match now. It’s coming.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6727 on: December 24, 2023, 07:20:12 pm »
He's playing really well at the moment,the goal is coming soonish."We're gonna have a party when Joseph Gomez scores".

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6728 on: December 24, 2023, 09:03:38 pm »
I’m putting a £10 on him to score every match now. It’s coming.

Hah, thought crossed my mind. Top man Joe.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6729 on: December 24, 2023, 11:10:08 pm »
Please stay fit. He’s vital for us over the next few weeks.
He's going to be playing a lot of matches as the youngsters that played the odd cup game at left back look quite a long way off still.  I can't really think of anyone else in the squad that could fill in at left back (although I never saw Milner as somebody that would make a good left back until he started playing there).

That's almost forgetting that he's also our primary understudy at right back and one of the four central defenders we rotate between!

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6730 on: December 26, 2023, 07:47:50 pm »
Another really good performance.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6731 on: December 26, 2023, 10:44:40 pm »
He's having a terrific season so far, really need him to stay fit now.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #6732 on: December 26, 2023, 11:02:13 pm »
Back to his best for me. Hope Quansah and a few of the other kids are shadowing him to learn how to come through in Klopp's system and face any setbacks. Hope he's back to trusting his body 100% because I trust him in any back 4 position.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #6733 on: December 27, 2023, 12:07:26 am »
He’s dug us out of selection holes across the back four this season and hasn’t once let us down. Class!
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #6734 on: December 27, 2023, 12:10:12 am »
Despite not being as regular, it’s as consistent a run he’s had performance wise since 2020. An absolute joy to see him recapture form (and in multiple positions).
AHA!

Offline Silverbird

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6735 on: December 27, 2023, 05:43:09 am »
Was super good yesterday, both defensively and offensively. Have been a critic in the past of him at centreback - I think his attributes (speed, two-footed, energy, crisp passing, decent crossing) are best utilised at either full back position, where his occasional lapse in concentration also won't be as costly. Fingers crossed he stays fit - we need him more than ever.

Offline supaerheraw

• Kopite
« Reply #6736 on: December 27, 2023, 07:41:13 am »
Bound to score one soon I reckon!

Offline nerdster4

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #6737 on: December 27, 2023, 08:56:30 am »
Class player who is so versatile

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6738 on: December 27, 2023, 04:22:01 pm »
Joseph Gomez this season...

Offline nellyp

• hant. All Hail the old new Baldrick!!!
  • Anny Roader
  • Life's not black and white, it's red and white
« Reply #6739 on: December 27, 2023, 07:17:11 pm »
Joe is doing such an important job across the whole defensive line it is going to be a nightmare if he gets injured soon, but I cannot see how we can get him rested enough. His time at Anfield has been a rollercoaster for him and for me. I think the guy has sooo much talent and reliability and then he gets injured , comes back and seems to have lost it. Now he is back to his best and long may it continue. I am never involved much in thinking about signings (I don't know enough about the players available or the tactics they need to fit into). However, I would now like to get a Cb so that Joe can continue as r/b or l/b as I think he is becoming a goal threat and finding chances to take. That is something I never thought i would say, but he seems to be attacking more and more.

Please score a goal Joe, even though it will take away the emotion of every attempt you will have once you have scored...you definitely deserve a goal
In a world of uncertainty and worry, it is calming to know that as a fan of the greatest club in the world I will never walk alone

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6740 on: December 27, 2023, 08:13:02 pm »
Joe is doing such an important job across the whole defensive line it is going to be a nightmare if he gets injured soon, but I cannot see how we can get him rested enough. His time at Anfield has been a rollercoaster for him and for me. I think the guy has sooo much talent and reliability and then he gets injured , comes back and seems to have lost it. Now he is back to his best and long may it continue. I am never involved much in thinking about signings (I don't know enough about the players available or the tactics they need to fit into). However, I would now like to get a Cb so that Joe can continue as r/b or l/b as I think he is becoming a goal threat and finding chances to take. That is something I never thought i would say, but he seems to be attacking more and more.

Please score a goal Joe, even though it will take away the emotion of every attempt you will have once you have scored...you definitely deserve a goal

I'll be quite happy with his goal drought so long as he can keep up this tremendous form playing at LB.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6741 on: December 28, 2023, 07:45:58 am »
I'm going to brutally honest here... I fucking love the kid.

Is he really that injury prone as far as muscular fatigue-based injuries are concerned? My impression is that he just happens to have a suffered a handful of catastrophic ligament and/or bone injuries, but is nothing like a Keita etc who can only play a few games in a row before missing a  month with mystery pulls and strains. So hopefully it's not just a question of time before his next stint on the sidelines.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #6742 on: December 28, 2023, 02:56:43 pm »
I get hit on here a lot for calling him a liability last season, so for the sake of balance I will say his turnaround this year has been absolutely astonishing, one of our most important players at the moment and been excellent when called upon constantly.  Is he a full time full back now?
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6743 on: December 28, 2023, 03:27:54 pm »
I get hit on here a lot for calling him a liability last season, so for the sake of balance I will say his turnaround this year has been absolutely astonishing, one of our most important players at the moment and been excellent when called upon constantly.  Is he a full time full back now?

He sees himself as a CB, and the times he’s played there his season he’s been good, his performance against Newcastle and Villa for example.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6744 on: December 28, 2023, 05:16:15 pm »
Is he a full time full back now?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I reckon Klopp sees him as more of a full back than a centre back these days. Obviously he's playing at LB currently out of necessity more than anything which is why Quansah got his start against Burnley but even when Robbo/Tsimi are back, I wouldn't be surprised if Quansah usurps Gomez as the #3 (or #4 if you're still including Matip) CB at the club.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6745 on: December 28, 2023, 05:50:55 pm »
RCB, LCB, RB, and LB. Big Joe has been really valuable this season.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6746 on: December 28, 2023, 05:55:05 pm »
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I reckon Klopp sees him as more of a full back than a centre back these days. Obviously he's playing at LB currently out of necessity more than anything which is why Quansah got his start against Burnley but even when Robbo/Tsimi are back, I wouldn't be surprised if Quansah usurps Gomez as the #3 (or #4 if you're still including Matip) CB at the club.

I think if that’s the case then he’ll be looking to leave before long, as valuable as they are to the squad no player really has aspirations to be a John O’Shea type.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6747 on: December 28, 2023, 06:07:29 pm »

Is it surprising though considering the injuries? It's not just  getting over the physical scars but also the mental scars which comes with it. I remember  an interview with Martin Keown who suffered similar injuries saying it took him over two years, before he trusted his body again.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #6748 on: December 29, 2023, 07:52:01 pm »
Is it surprising though considering the injuries? It's not just  getting over the physical scars but also the mental scars which comes with it. I remember  an interview with Martin Keown who suffered similar injuries saying it took him over two years, before he trusted his body again.

to be honest I never thought Gomez's limitations or issues were physical in nature - to me it was the brain farts and loss of concentration that seemed to happen at least once per start.  These have dropped massively.  It may well be that him being fit and trusting his body again is responsible for that.   The surprising nature of it to me is that he's almost a regular now whereas I thought if he remained he'd be at squad player level at best.  I'm happy for him as he proved to have the ability 3-4 years ago, I just wasn't sure that player was still there.  Best for Liverpool that he is!
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6749 on: December 29, 2023, 08:05:56 pm »
When you start a game every week and come off the bench in the second, your physical and mental sharpness returns and your level goes up. Same thing has happened with Tsimikas. When you're getting splinters in your arse for a month and then you're dropped in it's always a struggle to play your anywhere close to your best.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #6750 on: December 30, 2023, 09:39:27 am »
This goal that’s coming is going to be the highlight of the season
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6751 on: December 30, 2023, 09:51:27 am »
A last minute winner would be iconic!

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6752 on: December 30, 2023, 11:01:36 am »
Joey is honestly one of my favourite players at this point. This is 2023 where full backs are expected to be one of the main creative outlets. He can only be a utility player because he's class on the ball and and athletic enough to be making those runs down the line.

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #6753 on: December 30, 2023, 12:31:22 pm »

Gomez is still a better CB than Quansah, and definitely only playing full back out of necessity. I think if we have Robbo and Trent at full back, Gomez starts alongside Van Dijk.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #6754 on: December 30, 2023, 12:52:24 pm »
Gomez is still a better CB than Quansah, and definitely only playing full back out of necessity. I think if we have Robbo and Trent at full back, Gomez starts alongside Van Dijk.

Not sure he'd start over Konate if fit, but it's important to remember that last season was so poor from practically every player bar a few, so if Gomez slipped back into the centre of defence right now I'd expect him to be playing very well. I still look at him as a centre half and hope he can play again there at some point.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #6755 on: December 30, 2023, 01:20:31 pm »
Not sure he'd start over Konate if fit, but it's important to remember that last season was so poor from practically every player bar a few, so if Gomez slipped back into the centre of defence right now I'd expect him to be playing very well. I still look at him as a centre half and hope he can play again there at some point.

Ah yes true, I imagine Konate when fit is first choice. I'd like to see Gomez playing there at some point but he is quite fun to watch at full back, plus the added "will he or won't he score" is an extra enjoyable element of the game.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #6756 on: December 31, 2023, 02:07:49 am »
A last minute winner would be iconic!
The healthcare system where you live must be good. Ours is shit in general, but even more so about cardiovascular issues...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline masher

• Legacy Fan
  • hippie at heart
« Reply #6757 on: January 1, 2024, 10:02:05 pm »
He has been absolutely brilliant in the last 3 games.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6758 on: January 1, 2024, 10:02:59 pm »
He has been absolutely brilliant in the last 3 games.

Yeah, back to his best. Great to see.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6759 on: January 1, 2024, 10:04:01 pm »
He is the best English defender this country has on form but that twat Southgate woudn't touch him and I;d have it no other way.