Author Topic: The Horse Racing thread  (Read 339001 times)

Offline ohweloveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Horse Racing thread
« Reply #1880 on: March 13, 2018, 12:49:38 pm »
Faugheen being nibbled at, down to 5s in a couple of places. I'd love to see the money come for him as it's usually informed money from the Mullins stable. Would love to see him turn the clock back.
Twitter: @loveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1881 on: March 13, 2018, 03:05:57 pm »
Well in mate.

Nice one mate! Now we've started! Absolutely made up for Lizzie there, and everybody lump on my other pic Vintage Clouds if he goes to the National, that was a beautiful prep for it that!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1882 on: March 13, 2018, 03:37:42 pm »

15:30 Agree Buveur is worth fav and also don't see value in it. However, I go the other way on the unpredictable Faugheen and might lay him placing. There are a few at big big prices that look tempting (Mick Jazz?).

Nice one on Mick Jazz

I had Bouver D'Air as 2nd leg of a big treble but was looking for some EW value

Looked at Mick Jazz earlier but your mention sealed the deal.

Over to Apples Jade now to bring home the banker treble and make this a very good day.

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1883 on: March 13, 2018, 03:44:48 pm »
Paddy Power will be sick so far, with their money back as a free bet offer to people with losers in every race that the favourite wins.  :D

Last 3 favs have won.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 03:46:30 pm by Crouch Potato »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1884 on: March 13, 2018, 04:05:39 pm »
Scary amount of money has come for Rathvinden today. They must seriously fancy him, look how Melon just ran after a big gamble too.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #1885 on: March 13, 2018, 04:30:45 pm »
I need Jury Duty for my placey . I know it won't pay a lot but I think Ive only got one in since 1993 or something
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1886 on: March 13, 2018, 04:38:11 pm »
I need Jury Duty for my placey . I know it won't pay a lot but I think Ive only got one in since 1993 or something

Is it correct that if on an each-way accumulator some win and some place you'll get nothing?

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #1887 on: March 13, 2018, 04:41:47 pm »
Is it correct that if on an each-way accumulator some win and some place you'll get nothing?

Eh ?

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1888 on: March 13, 2018, 04:43:17 pm »
Eh ?

don't worry, think b365 are trying to screw me out of money...

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1889 on: March 13, 2018, 04:43:22 pm »
wrong

but you need them all to be at least placed
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline adruk87

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1890 on: March 13, 2018, 04:43:39 pm »
If they all at least place you'll get payed out on the place odds, none of the winning odds will count
"Corner taken quickly, ORIGI!"

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #1891 on: March 13, 2018, 04:53:30 pm »
Like me.  apples jade has sunk a good bet on an ante post treble that would have gone some way to funding the rest of the week. FFS.

Over to Apples Jade now to bring home the banker treble and make this a very good day.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1892 on: March 13, 2018, 05:02:42 pm »
Wrong one in tipping comp but happy for the wallet there, what a ride!  ;D

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #1893 on: March 13, 2018, 05:03:22 pm »

Nice one mate. Second big winner today following your shouts.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1894 on: March 13, 2018, 05:07:22 pm »
That's made up for apples jade enough for me to smile again . Just.

Offline liversaint

• Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #1895 on: March 13, 2018, 05:12:04 pm »

Nice one, like you say massive gamble. I'm gutted. Had the 2nd, 1/2 a length over 4 miles, really hitting the bar that.

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Newman96

• Look into his eyes. Pure evil.
  • Kopite
« Reply #1896 on: March 13, 2018, 05:16:06 pm »
Awful first day for me, Apple's Jade letting down my accumulator and none of my other picks coming in. Continuing last year's luck by the look of it.  :butt

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1897 on: March 13, 2018, 05:17:54 pm »
Really like Kayf Adventure EW in this last race.  Having a good season and flying under the radar somewhat IMO, and a big price at 33/1

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #1898 on: March 13, 2018, 05:32:40 pm »
One out of a placey again. 

Rarraaaaaaoff !

Livelovelaugh E/W.

No reasoning but its what I need to after that placey going down.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline liversaint

• Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #1899 on: March 13, 2018, 05:41:33 pm »
FFS. another 2nd. had the e.w though.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1900 on: March 13, 2018, 05:46:50 pm »
Needed Testify to finish in first four
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1901 on: March 13, 2018, 07:09:23 pm »
£150 down today. Not good.

Apples Jade bummed me big time :(

On to tomorrow. 

Offline Wyl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1902 on: March 13, 2018, 07:15:41 pm »
2:50 - Coo Star Sivola - Has run two massive races at the Festival in the past. Stepped up to 3 miles last time out on soft ground and absolutely bolted up. Lizzie Kelly taking three off will be huge for him and I think this test will really suit.
14:50
Yes, this all day long. At 5/1, with 5 places, can't see any reason not to be backing this EW.

I can't imagine there will be much easier money than that all week! :)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1903 on: March 13, 2018, 07:50:24 pm »
Mine for tomorrow:

1:30 Next Destination - I think this fella is top class and has conditions to suit. The Mullins yard is flying and I expect him to run a big race here. Nobody is a bigger fan of Samcro than me but I think he's too short, he's an out and out chaser in the making and I'm not entirely certain this test will suit him. This race is strangely more of a Champion Hurdle trial than the Supreme over the same course and distance, he's certainly not that type of horse and I could see him being turned over tomorrow.

1:30 Black Op - Another for the same race and the case is fairly simplistic, watch his last race. Same distance and on heavy ground he was only beaten by Santini who is the apple of Henderson's eye and a potential future Gold Cup horse. I think he runs a big race tomorrow.

2:10 - Dounikos - Elliot was adamant that this fella was the one for the 4 miler but the O'Leary's were determined to go this route. That's exactly the type of horse I like for the RSA, a truly hardy stayer, see Blaklion as a recent example of one who wants further and grinds out the win, I like his chances.

2:50 - I'm three pronged here all at big prices. Firstly Diamond King is only 1lb higher than when winning this race 2 years ago, he ran a blinder behind Kilultagh Vic last time out and will have been primed for this. I then like two Mullins horses in Voix Du Reve & Bleu Berry. The former was running a huge race in the Fred Winter before falling at the last two years ago. He's been running over 3 miles which I don't think has suited him, a drop to a mid range trip for the first time should be right up his street and I expect a big run. Bleu Berry is a proper mud lark, his last run last season was in a Grade 1, there must be a reason Willie thought he was capable of running in that standard of race. Unfortunately for him it was run on good ground, before that he had been unbeaten all season on heavy. He's been given one prep run and I'm sure prepped for this race with the ground now truly in his favour.

4:50 - Act of Valour - Was only 4.5 lengths behind We Have A Dream who was a big fancy for the Triumph last time out. Add to that Paul Nicholls has an outrageously good record in this race and it was really easy to find this one.

4:50 - Look My Way - Found only Apple's Shakira too good last time out at Cheltenham on soft. Quinn is a trainer who likes to ready his Juveniles and I'm confident of a big run here.

5:50 - Rhinestone & Acey Milan - both purely based on visual impression. 

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1904 on: March 13, 2018, 07:56:47 pm »
Is Ruby suspended for 2 days?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1905 on: March 13, 2018, 08:15:28 pm »
Doesn't start until after the Festival, you can all relax  ;D

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1906 on: March 14, 2018, 12:23:45 am »
Mine for tomorrow:

1:30 Black Op - Another for the same race and the case is fairly simplistic, watch his last race. Same distance and on heavy ground he was only beaten by Santini who is the apple of Henderson's eye and a potential future Gold Cup horse. I think he runs a big race tomorrow.

With you in regards to Black Op.  Likely only lost the last race due to stumbling at the last.

Tom George seems supremely confident and has Noel Fehily on-board.  Same winning combo as of the opener today.

Tom George - Black Op: "He was unlucky last time as he jumped the hurdles nicely, then made a mistake at the last. He stumbled on landing and lost all momentum. He is a strong-travelling horse and he coped with the soft ground last time. He appears to be the best of the British challenge.

"The other thing to his advantage is that is he is a year older than most of them. He has really strengthened up mentally and physically as he is a big, rangy horse Roger Brookhouse has let me take my time with him. He has really strengthened up mentally and physically and it will be nice for Roger to have the chance to reap the rewards."

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #1907 on: March 14, 2018, 09:27:36 am »
Won with Rathvinden, Beuveur D'Air and Footpad yesterday, but lost with the dead cert Apple's Jade and with Singlefarmpayment and by a bloody nose with Kalashnikov - that was for £80 too.

Finished the day £80 up (with a bet on Sevilla!) so hoping for more of the same today.

Not sure between Next Destination or Black Op for the 1.30 - any tips on which way to go between these two?
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1908 on: March 14, 2018, 11:19:33 am »
Won with Rathvinden, Beuveur D'Air and Footpad yesterday, but lost with the dead cert Apple's Jade and with Singlefarmpayment and by a bloody nose with Kalashnikov - that was for £80 too.

Finished the day £80 up (with a bet on Sevilla!) so hoping for more of the same today.

Not sure between Next Destination or Black Op for the 1.30 - any tips on which way to go between these two?

Black Op seems popular choice.

Mate told me to do Duc Des Genievres.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1909 on: March 14, 2018, 11:39:14 am »
Gutted about the quality of the RSA this year, usually my fav race but really lacking in top quality for me. Black Corton is 8/1 ffs and he's not going to make up into a Gold Cup horse in a million years, if he wins it'll have been a terrible year for the staying novices.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1910 on: March 14, 2018, 11:51:24 am »
Gutted about the quality of the RSA this year, usually my fav race but really lacking in top quality for me. Black Corton is 8/1 ffs and he's not going to make up into a Gold Cup horse in a million years, if he wins it'll have been a terrible year for the staying novices.

Watched a preview evening the other night and Gordon Elliott said he thinks Presenting Percy is the best novice staying chaser in Ireland by a country mile and will win the Gold Cup next year. Ground worries me today though.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1911 on: March 14, 2018, 11:58:17 am »
Watched a preview evening the other night and Gordon Elliott said he thinks Presenting Percy is the best novice staying chaser in Ireland by a country mile and will win the Gold Cup next year. Ground worries me today though.

He's a good horse like but I think he's well short of the likes of Might Bite and Sizing John. He was getting 7lbs off Our Duke the last day and couldn't beat him. He might well win today but couldn't go near him at the price.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1912 on: March 14, 2018, 01:37:47 pm »
He's a beast, nice ante post winner too  ;D

Went wide the whole way too, if he'd hugged the rail would've won by further!

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #1913 on: March 14, 2018, 01:59:20 pm »
I met Gordon Elliot in the Guinness Village yesterday and he told me and the group of lads I was with to “empty our pockets” on Samcro. Confidence justified there I guess.
YNWA - JFT97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1914 on: March 14, 2018, 02:00:45 pm »
I might end up with egg on my face here but who in their right mind is backing Black Corton into 6/1 here???

Offline GMac1984

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1915 on: March 14, 2018, 02:07:06 pm »
I just got on Black Corton at 9/2 without the fav - yet was 5/1 to win the race at the same time!  Sky bet

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1916 on: March 14, 2018, 02:17:45 pm »

Knows his stuff does Gordon.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1917 on: March 14, 2018, 02:18:33 pm »
Al Boum Photo fell right on top of Ruby there, hope he's alright.

Offline Newman96

• Look into his eyes. Pure evil.
  • Kopite
« Reply #1918 on: March 14, 2018, 02:24:59 pm »
I couldn’t buy a win at the moment, what’re people thinking about an Altior/Cause of Causes double?

Offline BarnsleyScouser

• Kopite
  • Best in the World
« Reply #1919 on: March 14, 2018, 02:27:54 pm »
Rubys in the ambulance, hope it's nothing serious!

Bad luck after coming back from the leg break as well  :-\
If showing respect to the 96 and other victims of Hillsborough on the 15th is seen as unacceptable by other teams fans then I am glad I support Liverpool and understand some things are more important than football