Author Topic: Introduction to Soccer Manager Worlds - discussion, sign-ups etc  (Read 188 times)

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Believer
  • JFT96
Welcome to RAWK's headquarters for Soccer Manager Worlds. This here thread is to help introduce this FM clone of a game to anyone not familiar with it or who may have been put off by the word SOCCER! Hey, remember Sensible Soccer? Soccer isn't such a dirty word.

For those who have never played, it's basically a FREE and simplified online multiplayer version of Football Manager with a database of real life players (and all the wonderkids). Two matches a week, tactics to tweak, books to balance, transfers, scouting, and player swapsies! Here's a taster of what to expect -

If anyone is interested in having a go then just say hello in here or drop me a PM. There are currently 3 RAWK game worlds ongoing. Each with their own specific rules and flavours.

1. Lawnmos - Game World ID 158698

2. Sleeping Giants - Game World ID 349832

3. The American Dream - Game World ID 412024

Any questions, ask away...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 09:23:18 PM by Betty Blue »
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• farKnow
  • Believer
Re: Introduction to Soccer Manager Worlds - discussion, sign-ups etc
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 01:25:27 PM »
Correction, there are 4 RAWK worlds. There is a Bundesliga one that I started a while a go.

ID #409252

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 05:23:39 PM »
Teams & Managers

1. Lawnmos - Game World ID 158698

AC Milan - Card Cheat                                                                  Atlético Madrid - Liam                                                                        Barcelona - Lawnmo 

Bayern Munich - Max                                                                      Borussia Dortmund - Neil                                                                  Juventus - Kesey

Liverpool - The G in Gerrard                                                                   SSC Napoli - Ilias                                                                 Paris Saint-Germain - Betty

PSV - KingLuis                                                              Real Madrid - Poetry in Motion                                               Shakhtar Donetsk - Defacto

Valencia - ShatnersBassoon

--------------

VACANCIES

« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 02:39:00 PM by Betty Blue »
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline KingLuis10

• Believer
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 11:09:49 AM »
Loving these updates, Betty!

Would suggest merging all the chat into here so that anyone else who might be interested in joining can take a look at the opening post(s) and get a better idea of what the game is about.

I'll delete this post if you're planning on doing similar updates for the teams & managers in the other gameworlds by the way, so that all your posts are together at the start of the thread.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 02:27:07 PM »
Close on my username but good idea on the thread 😉

Offline Betty Blue

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 02:38:24 PM »
Loving these updates, Betty!

Would suggest merging all the chat into here so that anyone else who might be interested in joining can take a look at the opening post(s) and get a better idea of what the game is about.

I'll delete this post if you're planning on doing similar updates for the teams & managers in the other gameworlds by the way, so that all your posts are together at the start of the thread.

Cheers mate! Definitely more of these updates to come over the next few days. I'll do a manager overview for each GW (which then I can keep permanently updated) and I was just thinking a rollcall for every winner league winner in RAWK GWs history would be a great archive.

Maybe good to clean up these posts in future, but for now it's fine. Nice for me to know people are watching  :) 

Not trying to usurp the other SM thread as that has it's own 250 page history! But yeah, I think it could be good to bring some discussion in here in future. I'll be using it for all my American Dream updates and CC and Liam are welcome to contribute as well.

Close on my username but good idea on the thread 😉

Ooops will edit that for you  :)  No idea why I always had it the other way round in my head.

Offline Betty Blue

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 08:01:59 PM »
Teams & Managers

2. Sleeping Giants - Game World ID 349832

Deportivo - Neil                                                                  Dukla Praha - Card Cheat                                                                    Dynamo Dresden - KingLuis 

Independiente - Ilias                                                                      Leeds United - Betty                                                                       Parma - Lawnmowerman

Penarol - Alex                                                                           Red Star - Defacto                                                                 Vélez Sársfield - Claus

--------------

VACANCIES

Online LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Believer
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 08:38:17 PM »
Great Thread Betty

RAWK SoccerManager League - Draft at end of current season (end of the month)