Author Topic: Fitness wrist wearables  (Read 1459 times)

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
Fitness wrist wearables
« on: February 15, 2015, 06:35:08 am »
I've been interested for a while now in purchasing a fitness tracker. I'm not a runner but frequent the gym a few times a week. So my requirements are not geared towards step counters but rather heart rate monitor's. I've heard really good things about the Mio Fuse and I know that the Jawbone Up3 is also due fairly soon.

So my question is have any of you used a fitness tracker and if you have what have been your experiences :wave
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fitness wrist wearables
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 09:09:46 am »
I've had a Nike fuel band for a couple of years now and its quite handy for getting a rough idea of what you've done, but I wouldn't rely on it. Its not accurate as it reads low on the steps when walking and also registers steps when I'm doing things like washing my hair, or moving my arms when driving the truck,  but it does at least give me that jolt to move my arse.

Bought the wife a Jawbone for Xmas, just got the one that plugs into the phone as she only wanted a cheap one. Thats been really good, very accurate on the steps and alows you to see how you've slept. Downside is that its stopped working with my phone (HTC One M8) but I cant tell if its the band or the latest software update to the phone thats the issue. Customer Service is only open 10 - 5  Mon -Fri so I can't even ring them due to being at work
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 02:23:35 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
Re: Fitness wrist wearables
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 05:58:38 pm »
I've had a Nike fuel band for a couple of years now and its quite handy for getting a rough idea of what you've done, but I wouldn't rely on it. Its not accurate as it reads low on the steps when walking and also registers steps when I'm doing things like washing my hair, or moving my arms when driving the truck,  but it does at least give me that jolt to move my arse.

Bought the wife a Jawbone for Xmas, just got the one that plugs into the phone as she only wanted a cheap one. Thats been really good, very accurate on the steps and alows you to see how you've slept. Downside is that its stopped working with my phone (HTC One M8) but I cant tell if its the band or the latest software update to the phone thats the issue. Customer Service is only open 10 - 5  Mon -Fri so I can't even ring them due to being at work
I quite like the Up but none of the previous versions would really help with what I'm looking for. Also heard that the Up has had quite a few reliability issues. But I'm sure they'll replace if it's needed
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close