Author Topic: Liverpool - 2 Arsenal - 2 - Full TIme  (Read 94990 times)

Offline LFC_2005

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool - 2 Arsenal - 2 - Full TIme
« Reply #320 on: December 21, 2014, 06:18:03 pm »
and 4th is not out of sight....a good run of fixtures will change that....

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: December 21, 2014, 06:18:09 pm »
Records are there to be broken. We nearly won the league conceeding over 50 goals last year.

We do need to be more clinical if we are to do it but we still can.

Don't do it to yourself.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: December 21, 2014, 06:18:16 pm »
Missing Sturridge. I know that's easy to say but you can see when we get in the box how badly we miss a killer instinct.

Positive from an attacking point of view but that defence is shocking and Skrtel has to take large parts of the blame for it.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #323 on: December 21, 2014, 06:18:17 pm »
They have the points, and we don't. Pretty simple really.
The gap has not changed.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: December 21, 2014, 06:18:39 pm »
Three seasons in and still defending like strangers.

Differnent players, same old story.

Conceded the same amount as second to bottom Hull.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #325 on: December 21, 2014, 06:18:42 pm »
I don't get some people. A good performance and a late goal to draw when you are down to ten men. How can you not see the positives in that? Great fight, great spirit. Think about all those sides that just go through the motions when they are 2-1 down in the final minute.

Sadly some just want to see the bad things.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: December 21, 2014, 06:18:43 pm »
OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe  34s34 seconds ago
22 - Liverpool have 22 points from 17 games this season. No PL team has ever finished higher than 6th with that record at this stage. Europa
that's irrelevant, this season has been quite different to most other seasons.

what matters is the gap between us and our most likely rivals for 4th.

Offline Red Sea

• ...has (de)parted.
  • Legacy Fan
  • BR is the hero we need, not the hero we deserve.
« Reply #327 on: December 21, 2014, 06:18:49 pm »
BTW, that referee was a disgrace not sending flamini off! Not incompetence, but bent :no :no :no :no :wanker :wanker :wanker

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: December 21, 2014, 06:18:54 pm »
Markovic at LWB is a genius move, if we could finish we'd have run up a cricket score.

Nowt else to say really other than Rodgers out ?

13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #329 on: December 21, 2014, 06:18:55 pm »
22 - Liverpool have 22 points from 17 games this season. No PL team has ever finished higher than 6th with that record at this stage. Europa
No team that rests at the bottom of the league at Christmas stays in the league... ::)

Stats are meant to be disproven.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #330 on: December 21, 2014, 06:19:07 pm »
I guess I just tend to think of 'toothless' as the same as not creating enough clearcut chances, not being penetrative enough. If your definition is we had enough chances to score but finishing let us down, fully agreed. Still don't think it's why we never won the game though.

That's my definition yeah. No it's not the reason we didn't win , we scored 2 which should be enough for any team, but we know our defense is horrid, had we taken our chances we would have been comfortably ahead 3 and cruising.

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #331 on: December 21, 2014, 06:19:09 pm »
It should read Liverpool 2 - Liverpool - 2. We are responsible for all the goals, on both ends of the pitch, every time we play. It's fucking getting ridiculous now.

Happy Christmas Arsene.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #332 on: December 21, 2014, 06:19:14 pm »
I do have to ask the question, would Mignolet have saved either of those? I'm sure Brad is a decent fella and all that, but he isn't anywhere near the standard we should have between the sticks. I could feel my pulse racing whenever he dealt with a pass back to him. Of course the other question that could be asked is who the hell is coaching our keepers? But even so, you could have Buffon or Casillas in goal and that defence would still be a fucking shambles. I actually don't think that any of our defenders are bad, I just think they are crying out for a proper defensive coach. Perhaps our top January signing could be off the pitch.

Anyway, the fast passing, the attacking game, the relentless pressing, all good to see again. Thought Coutinho was unplayable today, deserved the three points all by himself. All we need is Studge or A.N. other striker up top and we will be just fine. Much to be optimistic about for the second half of the season. And I'd love to prove the stattos wrong and bag a top 4 slot - on this form I would be amazed if Arsenal finish above us.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #333 on: December 21, 2014, 06:19:19 pm »
It's OK. Skrtel scored. Which makes up for his other fucking errors since Rodgers tenure.

Defend and we win, it's not rocket science the gang of fucking bells

Europa league now. Premier League season is over.

Fucking twats

Neither Arsenal or Spurs are capable of the sort of dominant football we played first half today IMO. We just need a striker fit and firing and some momentum. Its 5 points to Arsenal and Spurs. The rest will fall away. 1 decent weekend of results and we're back in the mix big time.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: December 21, 2014, 06:19:21 pm »
Getting the point in the end is great, but it's liable to paper over the fact that we couldn't beat an Arsenal side that was utterly inept, in fact I think the Arsenal side at our place last season actually played better than that.  They were woeful and we still nearly gift wrapped them 3 points.

And I think there are huge question marks over the managers substitutions.  Markovic was close to being our best player yet he gets hauled off and we end up with our brightest attacking talent having to play the last 30 minutes as a fucking left back?!  We picked Sterling up front because he's our best chance of scoring goals, yet when we chase the game we stick him there?  Genius.
Agree with you on everything there. It was really an odd substitution. Even the players on the pitch were confused about it. He should have just swapped like for like, or you know, take off Gerrard, or Henderson, and moved to a 4-4-2 with the two strikers as he intended. You still have both wide men on form carrying the threat. No need to remove them.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: December 21, 2014, 06:19:33 pm »
Yeah but how likely is it that we find such better form than the several teams above us? It doesn't happen. In Brendans first season after we got knocked out of Europe and brought Sturridge and Coutinho we went on a brilliant run of form and it was still only good enough for reach 7th.
Well what team from Manchester Utd downwards to us is playing well enough that we can't bridge the gap? None of them. Any decent run could move us the table.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #336 on: December 21, 2014, 06:19:41 pm »
You almost get the feeling some people on here didn't want an equaliser because it undermined the critical post they were getting ready, I swear we've got some Newcastle fans here these days.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #337 on: December 21, 2014, 06:19:44 pm »
Markovic and Moreno as wing-backs for the next game please.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: December 21, 2014, 06:19:50 pm »
I don't get some people. A good performance and a late goal to draw when you are down to ten men. How can you not see the positives in that? Great fight, great spirit. Think about all those sides that just go through the motions when they are 2-1 down in the final minute.

Its not bad but I fail to see any positives. That was the worst I have seen Arsenal this season & we just snatched a draw at home. This was a side with 4 starting players out, who played Debuchy at CB & Carzorla + Chamberlin in CM.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #339 on: December 21, 2014, 06:19:52 pm »
It's OK. Skrtel scored. Which makes up for his other fucking errors since Rodgers tenure.

Defend and we win, it's not rocket science the gang of fucking bells

Europa league now. Premier League season is over.

Fucking twats

This is a sad post....  the point is never give up --- mistakes happen, its what you do after one falls down that matters.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: December 21, 2014, 06:19:55 pm »
Has it? Really? You honestly don't think we can match and catch THAT Arsenal side. Honestly I am absolutely baffled that people think our chance of catching and over taking them is 0%

Despite that being one of 'best' performances, we still couldn't put our chances away and win.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #341 on: December 21, 2014, 06:20:06 pm »
Would love to hear what Rodgers said to Borini after that.

Would love to think it was over eagerness, but it was just stupidity.

Never seen anyone run down the tunnel so fast, did he acknowledge the fans or the bench at all?
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: December 21, 2014, 06:20:13 pm »
Deserved a win but relieved with the draw in the end.  We're slowly seeing more and more positives with our play.  Encouraging.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: December 21, 2014, 06:20:17 pm »
Has it? Really? You honestly don't think we can match and catch THAT Arsenal side. Honestly I am absolutely baffled that people think our chance of catching and over taking them is 0%

In situations like this one, I just look at the stats, and they don't make for pleasant reading.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #344 on: December 21, 2014, 06:20:20 pm »
No team has ever jumped from 7th to 2nd. No team has ever lead at Christmas and not won the title.
Last scorers of the Golden Goal. Best UEFA Cup final ever. Best comeback in a European final ever. Best FA Cup final ever. Etc.

We specialize in breaking records, and you should know that.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #345 on: December 21, 2014, 06:20:32 pm »
No, I'm not joking. Giroud's pinged it at him. It's not the direction that beats him, it's the pace of it.

It's not impossible to save though. IT JUST ISN'T

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: December 21, 2014, 06:20:36 pm »
he was, but it doesn't matter.
throwing the ball away isn't going to change the lino's mind.
True. Being kind he got caught up in the emotion. Don't know what it says to Lambert mind. He's not really wanted is he?

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: December 21, 2014, 06:20:41 pm »
Made up for Rodgers and Skertel as well

Team showed great character too.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: December 21, 2014, 06:20:41 pm »
Well what team from Manchester Utd downwards to us is playing well enough that we can't bridge the gap? None of them. Any decent run could move us the table.

Is the correct answer, we've started playing well again, I no longer fear any team as the spirit is coming back.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: December 21, 2014, 06:20:51 pm »

There is no chance mate. To get top 4 now we'd need title winning kind of form from the rest of the season. Can you see that suddenly happening? That we'll put together the kind of second half to the season that Chelsea or City will? Considering the way we've played so far it's incredibly unlikely. We'll have done well to go on a run good enough to get 7th from here.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: December 21, 2014, 06:21:07 pm »
This is a sad post....  the point is never give up --- mistakes happen, its what you do after one falls down that matters.

He can't help it. spending crimbo day on his own this lad

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: December 21, 2014, 06:21:18 pm »

Never seen anyone run down the tunnel so fast, did he acknowledge the fans or the bench at all?

No one acknowledges the fans or the bench when they get sent off.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #352 on: December 21, 2014, 06:21:23 pm »
Oh and btw- what is it with us and scoring in the most significant number of minutes against Arsenal? Now the second time.

96!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #353 on: December 21, 2014, 06:21:25 pm »

The problem is when we fall down, we just fall down again and again. Or rather, when we make defensive mistakes, we repeat them again again.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #354 on: December 21, 2014, 06:21:26 pm »
No team has ever jumped from 7th to 2nd. No team has ever lead at Christmas and not won the title.
Last scorers of the Golden Goal. Best UEFA Cup final ever. Best comeback in a European final ever. Best FA Cup final ever. Etc.

We specialize in breaking records, and you should know that.

Yessssssss!!!! Bring it on I say :)

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: December 21, 2014, 06:21:35 pm »
We played with no striker and a mid championship (at best) level keeper.
You put any somewhat decent keeper (which includes Mignolet) and a clever fast striker and we would have won it easily. We'd have also got at least a point, probably all 3 against Utd.
Then we have our tails up and top 4 is a realistic thing. Now we need a near perfect 2nd half of the season and a whole bunch of teams to not maintain any form.
Right now we'd be lucky to get 6th place.
Either we get a keeper and striker in Jan or you can not only forget the league but any cups.
FSG right now decide if Rodgers has a future. No players in Jan and once we will not be able to get any consistent results once the players know top 4 is impossible. We won't get past Chelsea over 2 legs and no way do we beat a decent European side over 2 legs either. It'll be like the end of Kenny's season, minus the cup heroics. It will be grim.
So FSG, if he is your man, then we have to being in a keeper and a striker. I know our record of buying players isn't good and we aren't flush with spending cash, but if we don't it will cost a whole lot in firings and hirings and backing a new guy.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #356 on: December 21, 2014, 06:21:53 pm »
Our defence for one.

Yeah and Arsenal is fucking watertight isn't it.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: December 21, 2014, 06:21:59 pm »
Markovic and Moreno as wing-backs for the next game please.
I'd like to see that. Henderson just isn't a wing back.

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #358 on: December 21, 2014, 06:22:00 pm »
No one acknowledges the fans or the bench when they get sent off.

Not even a sorry to the manager?

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: December 21, 2014, 06:22:02 pm »
In situations like this one, I just look at the stats, and they don't make for pleasant reading.

Next time watch the game, far better.
aarf, aarf, aarf.