Author Topic: Liverpool - 2 Arsenal - 2 - Full TIme  (Read 95019 times)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool - 2 Arsenal - 2 - Full TIme
« Reply #280 on: December 21, 2014, 06:14:48 pm »
he threw the ball away.
I've never not seen a ref give a booking for that, it's a nailed on yellow card every time.
He was correct though. It was our throwing.

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: December 21, 2014, 06:14:50 pm »
Getting the point in the end is great, but it's liable to paper over the fact that we couldn't beat an Arsenal side that was utterly inept, in fact I think the Arsenal side at our place last season actually played better than that.  They were woeful and we still nearly gift wrapped them 3 points.

And I think there are huge question marks over the managers substitutions.  Markovic was close to being our best player yet he gets hauled off and we end up with our brightest attacking talent having to play the last 30 minutes as a fucking left back?!  We picked Sterling up front because he's our best chance of scoring goals, yet when we chase the game we stick him there?  Genius.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #282 on: December 21, 2014, 06:14:53 pm »
That the keeper saved ;D

Oh right! Yeah sorry read that wrong...

Offline Kingstopic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: December 21, 2014, 06:14:55 pm »
Will people stop assuming that top four is no longer possible? It's not gone until it's mathematically impossible.

I think we're improving with every game, and if we do well in the transfer window, and the second half of the season is a good one, we'll not be finishing tenth. Maybe we'll get into the top four, maybe we'll miss out and end up fifth, sixth or even seventh, but this team with a few additions and Sturridge back are capable of better than finishing tenth.

Stop dreaming.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #284 on: December 21, 2014, 06:15:06 pm »
we drew, the gap is the same between us and Arsenal.
unless you think west ham are finishing 4th?

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe  34s34 seconds ago
22 - Liverpool have 22 points from 17 games this season. No PL team has ever finished higher than 6th with that record at this stage. Europa
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: December 21, 2014, 06:15:06 pm »
We do need another GK and CB. Jones is not a premier league goalie. 

As bad as Mig can be he's light years ahead of Jones.

Offline fefs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: December 21, 2014, 06:15:06 pm »
There isn't a grave big enough for that.

Thats our manager you are slagging off btw

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #287 on: December 21, 2014, 06:15:21 pm »
Brad Jones is not a Liverpool player.

Why?
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #288 on: December 21, 2014, 06:15:26 pm »
Debuchy's header actually looks like it comes off the back of Skrtel's head slightly.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: December 21, 2014, 06:15:26 pm »
No, what's boring is dominating a football match and making the same mistakes over and over again.

Simple solution to it all mate. Fuck off and go and support somebody else then because the only thing you do on here is moan like some miserable old bastard who throws his toys out of his pram if we don't smash teams 10-0.

Do us all a favour and get yourself to fucking bed.

Offline rawKBottom

• Legacy Fan
  • My karma just ran over your dogma
« Reply #290 on: December 21, 2014, 06:15:27 pm »
We are starting to see glimpses of last season's style of play. Rodgers needs about 2/3 players to get us playing that free-flowing football. We need a DM, mobile striker and we should be back to something approaching last season's game. I've been encouraged since Raheem has played upfront, it has changed our game. He is not the answer, in that he is not a finisher, but Timbo was not far off, just a bit of pace, some darting runs, stretch play, and all of a sudden the rest of the side starts functioning. Contrast that to Lambert/Balotelli playing upfront and what that did to our free-flowing fluid attack? Encouraged.
Can't agree more.
Vedanta uncompromisingly insists that man is essentially perfect, and therefore infinite are the possibilities that lie lurking in him

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: December 21, 2014, 06:15:31 pm »
The gap is getting larger not smaller.
West Ham will finish above us?

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: December 21, 2014, 06:15:33 pm »
He was correct though. It was our throwing.
he was, but it doesn't matter.
throwing the ball away isn't going to change the lino's mind.

Offline tea_tree

• oily and antiseptic.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #293 on: December 21, 2014, 06:15:36 pm »
Take off your red glasses. Flamini red would have been soft whereas Borini was lucky it was not straight red. Borini acted like a mad dog for his 5 minutes on the pitch.

What a load of nonsense. Flamini was wild and reckless in the 2nd half and committed 2 bookable offences. Same as Borini and frankly anyone who cannot see that Flamini should have also been sent off is clueless about football and basic consistency and fairness
"At Liverpool I have never pulled back, I also went to war together with my fans"

Rafa Benitez

Offline Blarf

• Anny Roader
« Reply #294 on: December 21, 2014, 06:15:41 pm »
He slipped, Sanchez that is. Watch a replay. Gerrard doesn't even fucking touch him, the thigh exposing London loving little diving diva c*nt.

Yes he does.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: December 21, 2014, 06:15:47 pm »
Well don't watch the league games then. 9 pts behind 4th isn't Everest.

Yeah but how likely is it that we find such better form than the several teams above us? It doesn't happen. In Brendans first season after we got knocked out of Europe and brought Sturridge and Coutinho we went on a brilliant run of form and it was still only good enough for reach 7th.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: December 21, 2014, 06:15:55 pm »
Can't believe the reaction in here. We outpassed, outclassed and dominated one of the best technical teams in the country. Jones played because he was fantastic with the ball at his feet. Well in, Brendan. Fuck off moaners. Especially the ones that were happy after the qpr win

Offline LondonRapLondon

• "Please leave me alone.....These little forum games are annoying."
  • Kopite
« Reply #297 on: December 21, 2014, 06:15:55 pm »

Well he is ahead of Mig so are you saying we need to new keepers s both aren't Liverpool standard?

Offline LFC_2005

• Main Stander
« Reply #298 on: December 21, 2014, 06:16:03 pm »
what a performance...........incredible.....and wid 10 men to get back the one point....superb effort.....much more confident about the next fixtures...

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: December 21, 2014, 06:16:04 pm »
Take off your red glasses. Flamini red would have been soft whereas Borini was lucky it was not straight red. Borini acted like a mad dog for his 5 minutes on the pitch.

Nah, French Lee Cattermole should have been off in the first.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline supaerheraw

• Kopite
« Reply #300 on: December 21, 2014, 06:16:05 pm »
No 4th is out of sight, had to win today imo. I would be happy with a good charge in the europa league and hopefully a cup win.
Not so sure, I believe favourites for 4th is between Arsenal and United currently. The thing is, they are as kack as us and are dropping points almost at the same rate. A good run and we're in it I think.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: December 21, 2014, 06:16:10 pm »
yes other posters are going to think I,m off my rocker but blow the budget on  quality centre back, as the very first January signing,

We've already spent  about 48 million on the defence under Brendan.  If he spent more we'd still be shit. 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #302 on: December 21, 2014, 06:16:22 pm »
Skrtel scoring, making everybody forget about his terrible mistakes

Why on earth do we assign blame for goals to one person here ---- especially after years of people posting the complexity of how mistakes occur...  At halftime, we have people calling Skrtel the worst CB to start so many games at Liverpool.... 

As if

1.  Gerrard's foul was smart
2.  Or that touch-tight lunge by Sakho was under control
3.  Or that the second header could not have been won/contended better
4.  Or that Jones' starting position could have covered more of the near post

Yeahh..... lets motherfuck Skrtel, who has given his blood, sweat and resiliency for to this club...

I get tired of the reactionaries here....  Now, I know why PoP left....
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #303 on: December 21, 2014, 06:16:24 pm »
I'm neutral and watched the game and even I have to say you are bang out of order with that absolutely pathetic comment.

Really? Arsenal were better in both boxes, we dominated so much, yet created only 2 or 3 clear cut chances and gifted them both goals. Apart from Skrtel's equaliser, which was a bit of a free run at the ball and a great header, I just don't see any of our players actually fighting for the ball in either box.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #304 on: December 21, 2014, 06:16:41 pm »
I don't get some people. A good performance and a late goal to draw when you are down to ten men. How can you not see the positives in that? Great fight, great spirit. Think about all those sides that just go through the motions when they are 2-1 down in the final minute.

Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: December 21, 2014, 06:16:41 pm »

Why's that then? What makes him less of a Liverpool player, then say, the likes of Skrtel, Lovren.. Borini?

You watch the first goal we concede, and can see it comes off Skrtel's head catching Jones off guard, the second one was smashed at him and went through his legs.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: December 21, 2014, 06:16:47 pm »
we drew, the gap is the same between us and Arsenal.
unless you think west ham are finishing 4th?

They have the points, and we don't. Pretty simple really.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #307 on: December 21, 2014, 06:16:58 pm »
2 should be enough to win games. It has to be enough against top sides like Arsenal.

We do need to put more chances away, no doubt, but that wasn't the problem today IMO. It was the softness of the defence.
I'd say it's both; they go hand in hand. You can build a team around a very solid defense like Mourinho during his first stint winning 1-0 all the time, or scoring freely like us last season, winning 4-3. The only reason why we didn't talk about the defense last season was because Suarez was here. We knew it was bad, but we weren't too arsed about it.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Kingstopic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: December 21, 2014, 06:17:01 pm »
22 - Liverpool have 22 points from 17 games this season. No PL team has ever finished higher than 6th with that record at this stage. Europa

Makes sense, would need title winning form for top 4, its not happening.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: December 21, 2014, 06:17:15 pm »
Said pre-game that it's a must not lose, so not too fussed that it's a draw. However, conceding so soon after scoring is pathetic. We need to sort out our defence, and fast. Why is employing a decent defensive coach so much work, when we effectively throw money on other unnecessary shit.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: December 21, 2014, 06:17:27 pm »

Records are there to be broken. We nearly won the league conceeding over 50 goals last year.

We do need to be more clinical if we are to do it but we still can.

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: December 21, 2014, 06:17:27 pm »
You never know.

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: December 21, 2014, 06:17:37 pm »
Will people stop assuming that top four is no longer possible? It's not gone until it's mathematically impossible.

I think we're improving with every game, and if we do well in the transfer window, and the second half of the season is a good one, we'll not be finishing tenth. Maybe we'll get into the top four, maybe we'll miss out and end up fifth, sixth or even seventh, but this team with a few additions and Sturridge back are capable of better than finishing tenth.
Unfortunately I think Arsenal will start to improve in the new year and will keep the gap between us. I hope I'm wrong but it looks like we'll finish 'bout 6th in the league. 5th at a push.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: December 21, 2014, 06:17:38 pm »
Toothless is the right word, we bite bite bite but no real damage. I know we're missing Sturridge and Suarez and it's killing us right now.

I guess I just tend to think of 'toothless' as the same as not creating enough clearcut chances, not being penetrative enough. If your definition is we had enough chances to score but finishing let us down, fully agreed. Still don't think it's why we never won the game though.

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #314 on: December 21, 2014, 06:17:41 pm »

How would it have been soft?
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #315 on: December 21, 2014, 06:17:47 pm »

Curious as to why you think he's any less of a player than anyone else on the pitch.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: December 21, 2014, 06:17:51 pm »
So many things to talk about in this game.

Coutinho could have won it by himself for us, scuffed 2 chances that he should have at least got on target, still not ready enough to shoulder the ultimate responsibility, think the pressure got to him a bit as he was majestic before that, but you can understand that a bit, still young.

Borini....we've all been there. Doesn't excuse it, but know that feeling. Don't know how that works now between him and Rodgers.

Our defensive work...yeah, near every post is going to talk about that.

Sterling...just one thing. Don't run him into injury. Enough. If he goes the way of Michael Owen, that's on the club and Rodgers.

Lucas was quality. Tired for the last 15 - 20, think that will get better if he becomes a regular, but well played, hits some superb vertical. low passes too, takes out 3 / 4 of their players through the centre - 20 - 30 yards, wonderful purchase on the passes.

With this way of playing, we'll get a few more wins compared to our previous setup, but overall, I simply don't see a team that is showing the necessary growth in other areas, and that is worrying. Ok we will get back to last season's football, and a quality striker who fits the game will help a lot, but is that going to be our ceiling? Play fantastic possession football, win, but always have a soft underbelly? I want a bit more balance in the team.

Sakho - boss.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: December 21, 2014, 06:17:55 pm »
They can defend and have an identity in attack with Carroll, Downing and Sakho. We cannot defend, we don't know what our best XI is and even when playing well struggle to convert chances. I honestly wouldn't be surprised.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #318 on: December 21, 2014, 06:17:57 pm »
Top 4 trophy is gone.

Has it? Really? You honestly don't think we can match and catch THAT Arsenal side. Honestly I am absolutely baffled that people think our chance of catching and over taking them is 0%

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: December 21, 2014, 06:17:59 pm »
Oh right! Yeah sorry read that wrong...
Got good eyesight mate ;D