Author Topic: Man Utd 3 - Liverpool 0 (FT)  (Read 188271 times)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man Utd 3 - Liverpool 0 (FT)
« Reply #800 on: December 14, 2014, 04:20:51 pm »
If you think Sakho is a great CB for us, you're wrong. I think he's marginally our best, probably. But he's made as many mistakes as Lovren and Skrtel would.

Lovren and Skrtel are statistically the 2 most error prone CBs in the league (skrtel last, Lovren this), he wouldn't be as error prone as them.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Milly

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • JFT 96
« Reply #801 on: December 14, 2014, 04:21:10 pm »
I went to challenge you on this, then I just caved in under all that logic.

Smash it ??

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #802 on: December 14, 2014, 04:21:23 pm »
More competition he arrived in 2004 and was up against Arsenal's invincible s, Ferguson's best ever United team with Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez plus Mourinho's Chelsea.

Exactly, it's a load of shite that the league is stronger now. The premier league has got weaker and weaker over the past 5 years
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #803 on: December 14, 2014, 04:21:34 pm »

...erm..

Sorry, I just couldn't re-brand my post in time, before you know, you replied.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 04:23:31 pm by Kidder. »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #804 on: December 14, 2014, 04:21:45 pm »
When do we say Rodgers can't fix us?  Let's be honest he's not sorted out our defence in 2.5 seasons if anything it's getting worse after his buys come in, this can't go in into perpetuity.

Coutinio is a complete waste of space away in this league we all know that yet it still happens.

This cannot go on, I can't see how FSG can release funds in January for Rodgers his signings are car crash stuff.

Doucher,

Spell Coutinho properly.
Quit posting the same shite

He is a Liverpool player for godsake.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Kingstopic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: December 14, 2014, 04:21:47 pm »
Three years of building and this is our squad. Frightening.

But we are in transition......We are building for the future  :butt :butt :butt.............its the same shite every year.

Offline RedChanel

• Main Stander
  • Be the chess player, not the chess piece.
« Reply #806 on: December 14, 2014, 04:21:52 pm »
Finishing cost us big time today. Hopefully we could obtain a decent forward come January.
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #807 on: December 14, 2014, 04:21:56 pm »
Lovren and Skrtel are statistically the 2 most error prone CBs in the league (skrtel last, Lovren this), he wouldn't be as error prone as them.

I agree, but he's not been a great centre back for us. No way. He's made plenty of mistakes.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #808 on: December 14, 2014, 04:22:17 pm »
Can someone explain me what Allen offers for this team?
He is probably our most overrated player here. When he was out injured, people kept saying he is what we are missing and that's why our defense is not functioning. We have been worse since he is back.

Allen offers nothing in a team that is broken like we are. Rewind to last season and Allen offered us a nice balance in the middle by breaking down attacks and moving the ball quickly around the midfield allowing us to control the game. But then that kind of applies to quite a few of our players, we have no balance or leadership on the pitch, it's an absolute shambles that's going to take a hell of a lot more than the dropping of Joe Allen to fix.

Offline JG-7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #809 on: December 14, 2014, 04:22:19 pm »
Not sure if you're serious.

Assuming you are, then why is Lovren/Johnson/Coutinho playing, and not Lucas.

That's what I meant, didn't phrase it particularly well though. Borini had a decent game against Madrid, yet has been nowhere to be seen since. 

Offline faisfais

• Kopite
« Reply #810 on: December 14, 2014, 04:22:27 pm »
I liked what Rodgers did today with the setup. It reminded me why we need to keep hold of Rodgers..

I agree with that comment. BUT... it should have been implemented at the first sign of problems this season, not after months of uninspired play.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: December 14, 2014, 04:22:33 pm »
Unlucky not to score. Doesn't take away the fat that our defence is very bad.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #812 on: December 14, 2014, 04:22:49 pm »
Finishing cost us big time today. Hopefully we could obtain a decent forward come January.

It'll be too bloody late for it to make a difference .

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #813 on: December 14, 2014, 04:22:54 pm »
Yeah. Not nasty enough.

They committed a lot of cynical fouls to stop us.
Pretty much. We have too many players that only want to play going forward. The team needs to be more cynical at times. I think we missed Lucas out there today in all honesty. I'm not suggesting we would have won but Lucas isn't afraid to put tackles in and isn't terrible at playing the ball forward.

We are far too nice and have been all season..

No cynical edge whatsoever to our game.. We can never break a game up unless Lucas is playing and for some reason he gets ridiculed for stopping their attacks with a foul.
Yes, Lucas is quite clever at just bringing the man down and getting away without a booking at times. I think this team misses that. We basically have no insurance policy. Look at how quickly Manchester United broke from that Sterling chance and scored. You need someone like that in there to balance things out. It isn't like Lucas is just a midfield destroyer. He isn't. He can play too. I felt a bit for him today as he has been pretty good as of late.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #814 on: December 14, 2014, 04:22:56 pm »
Emre Can?
Yeah he should have started against Basel and today. How he hasn't featured since the chelsea game is shocking(he was our best player in that game too imo)

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #815 on: December 14, 2014, 04:23:11 pm »
I agree, but he's not been a great centre back for us. No way. He's made plenty of mistakes.

He would be if we were playing him.
And he will be great for his next team.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #816 on: December 14, 2014, 04:23:12 pm »
I just think he's a more pragmatic manager, proven at the highest level at setting a team up to the best of it's ability.
Clearly Rodgers cannot see his own failings and it's going to cost him his job.
Rafas BIG signings (Alonso,Garcia,Torres,Masch) all successful - so far i'd say Sturridge and at a push Coutinho (who i'm still not convinced 100% in) (committee/Rodgers)

I don't neccesarily WANT Rafa but I think he'd do a better job than Brendan is atm...

Aquilani, Keane, Babel? They were none of them cheap.

I do agree that pragmatism is needed right now and Rafa has that attribute.  As a pragmatist I'd actually say he's probably a higher calibre of manager than we'd otherwise be able to attract.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #817 on: December 14, 2014, 04:23:14 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Qudng_-ylvc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Qudng_-ylvc</a>

Watch the above.

It's glaringly obvious who provided virtually all of the assists for Raheem last season.

He is no longer here.

Not Raheem's fault at all the other players aren't good enough.

Doesn't alter the fact that he should of scored today.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #818 on: December 14, 2014, 04:23:15 pm »
anyway, we'll still finish top 4.  one of arsenal and this rabble will fall away, and we'll take advantage

I'm sick of hearing fantasies on here. Our players do not deserve top 4 and any talk of top 4 is just wishful thinking. We have no attack and we've concede goals for fun. We were shown up in the CL and the reality is that we are a mid table team.
#JFT97

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #819 on: December 14, 2014, 04:23:24 pm »
pfft yeah that's likely

the man has been pining after the liverpool job for years
Yep, what a twat.  We need managers who don't give a shit where they go.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #820 on: December 14, 2014, 04:23:31 pm »
Liverpool points after 16 games:
Hodgson 2010-11: 22
Souness 1992-93: 22
Rodgers 2014-15: 21

After spending 120m.

Maybe its the system and not the manager?  hmmmm
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #821 on: December 14, 2014, 04:23:38 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Qudng_-ylvc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Qudng_-ylvc</a>

Watch the above.

It's glaringly obvious who provided virtually all of the assists for Raheem last season.

He is no longer here.

OK. But that said he has missed 3 one on ones today mate
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #822 on: December 14, 2014, 04:23:40 pm »
Was it me or was Neville being a complete biased twat today? Dismissed everything we created and wanked off United when they were average. Obviously not surprised with the rat faced c*nt but he's usually been impartial.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #823 on: December 14, 2014, 04:23:42 pm »
I just think he's a more pragmatic manager, proven at the highest level at setting a team up to the best of it's ability.
Clearly Rodgers cannot see his own failings and it's going to cost him his job.
Rafas BIG signings (Alonso,Garcia,Torres,Masch) all successful - so far i'd say Sturridge and at a push Coutinho (who i'm still not convinced 100% in) (committee/Rodgers)

I don't neccesarily WANT Rafa but I think he'd do a better job than Brendan is atm...
Mix the 2 managers together and we'd probably walk the league ,as it stands the 2 of them separately still have a lot to prove domestically ,Brendan .ugh more obviously.

Just don't get the clamouring for Rafa to come back like he was what Ferguson was to Utd because (domestically) it's just not true.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: December 14, 2014, 04:23:42 pm »
Yeah he should have started against Basel and today. How he hasn't featured since the chelsea game is shocking(he was our best player in that game too imo)

Meritocracy my arse, Henderson looks nackered, Allen has been mediocre, and Can can't get into the team after a great performance.

Offline Milly

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • JFT 96
« Reply #825 on: December 14, 2014, 04:23:48 pm »
...erm..

Sorry, I just couldn't re-brand my post before you replied.

erm... you were being sarcastic, so I responded in kind???
I think??
or am I confused...?
Smash it ??

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: December 14, 2014, 04:24:05 pm »
Examples or your lying

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #827 on: December 14, 2014, 04:24:11 pm »

Watch the above.

He is no longer here.

It wasn't the assists or lack of assists that was the problem today. It was his finishing. But I'm not going to be too harsh on him. He's just a kid. He will learn from this I'm sure of it. He's too good not to.

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #828 on: December 14, 2014, 04:24:13 pm »
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #829 on: December 14, 2014, 04:24:20 pm »
You can't imagine the sick feeling when Sterling missed that chance, an open goal which he turned into a 1-on-1 which he just couldn't finish or roll to Balo (though he may well of miss as well).

If this was the kind of performance we were giving every week we'd probably be back on form in no time. We probably would still be in the CL had we played like this last Tuesday.

But what you can't do, is so easily give away goals. Even the offside goal showed how bad our CBs are. It's December and we still haven't seen why Lovren was worth £2m let alone £20m. The less said about the 3rd, the better. Brendan will live or die on that transfer alone.

The problem is not what we did today. It's what we are doing against the rest week in week out. Beat Sunderland, Hull and draw with Newcastle and today is just a bad result. Instead it is probably the end of our top 4 challenge.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: December 14, 2014, 04:24:22 pm »
Everyone was playing in a rush!

Lalana didn't play his best at all! He is so weak at tackling, such a light weight! Why can't he keep on his toes?

Henderson rushes too much.... it's like hes panicking when he shoots...no calmness at all...

Sterling is not a clinical finisher.. we need Sturridge badly!

Where was our Defensive Midfield covering the CB's?
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #831 on: December 14, 2014, 04:24:33 pm »
It'll be too bloody late for it to make a difference .

Not just that, we'll be shafted with the price. Which striker would want to join us right now? Assuming we find someone semi-decent who would, signings in January, almost always cost double what they would in the summer.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #832 on: December 14, 2014, 04:24:43 pm »
Do you think he could get more than one good performance from these players in sixteen league games?
That's not the question though.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #833 on: December 14, 2014, 04:24:52 pm »
This can't be true? Jones is no better with crosses and one-on-ones than Mignolet, but his handling and shot stopping are vastly inferior. This would be utter stupidity.
Not to mention his complete lack of ability with the ball at his feet, his history of costly errors and his glacial lack of speed of the line. I like Jones as a person a massive amount but as a 'keeper? Oh well.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: December 14, 2014, 04:24:53 pm »
OK. But that said he has missed 3 one on ones today mate

True. Maybe I'm just trying to look at it kindly.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #835 on: December 14, 2014, 04:24:56 pm »
the game has fucking changed

god you're speaking about 6 years to a decade ago, the money is off the chart now and we can't compete because we won't even replace a £75m striker properly

it was easy as fuck when you didn't have 7 clubs in contention in the league. and we still never won it

The thing that works in Rafas favour is that he had us punching well above our financial weight despite all the off the field BS and good players were willing to come here and play for him. Anyhow this isn't the time or place to discuss him.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #836 on: December 14, 2014, 04:24:59 pm »
erm... you were being sarcastic, so I responded in kind???
I think??
or am I confused...?

Nevermind.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #837 on: December 14, 2014, 04:25:07 pm »
Everyone was playing in a rush!

Lalana didn't play his best at all! He is so weak at tackling, such a light weight! Why can't he keep on his toes?

He is definitely weak. Some on here don't seem to think so but he is a lightweight.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #838 on: December 14, 2014, 04:25:17 pm »
I wonder if we have to get relegated for Brendan Rodgers to resign.
What magic is he expecting, we didn't get any better under him and let's be honest, we won't.
Body language of players show that even they don't trust his tactics anymore.
Given his history with transfers, he will probably purchase 3 more players in January and loan them back this summer.

Hope he'd be sacked long before we get sucked into a serious relegation scrap.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline andy84

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We're on the march with Jurgen's army
« Reply #839 on: December 14, 2014, 04:25:28 pm »
Klopp.

Klopp's team are in the relegation zone. If you're going off former achievements, why can't you see Brendan's?