Author Topic: Man Utd 3 - Liverpool 0 (FT)  (Read 188237 times)

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man Utd 3 - Liverpool 0 (FT)
« Reply #360 on: December 14, 2014, 03:39:45 pm »
It's been a season of strange decisions by Rodgers

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #361 on: December 14, 2014, 03:39:47 pm »
Borini is clearly not the answer as a striker, but the fact that we're having constant discussions over who is the best 2nd choice striker is appalling. £30m spent on strikers between Balotelli, Lambert and Borini, yet realistically, none of them would be a preferred 2nd choice striker.

Offline BUSHMILLS

• PEBBLEHOUSE. Your auntie's agent provocateur.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never ask what's under his patio
« Reply #362 on: December 14, 2014, 03:39:50 pm »
Rodgers saying our defensive issues cost us today. No shit. You drop Lucas and this is what happens.

He's had two and a half seasons to sort out the defensive issues, so if they're what cost us, then it's his fault.

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: December 14, 2014, 03:39:58 pm »
Encouraging. Feel free to tell me I'm full of shite, but loads of chances created, and that's encouraging

Because there was SHITLOADS of space behind the United line. I could have created a fucking chance out there.

We were COMPLETELY incapable of taking advantage of it like a real side would have.

Offline Pepe Silvia

• Anny Roader
  • real ale chilled she'll tell shell
« Reply #364 on: December 14, 2014, 03:40:03 pm »
And as for Lovren and Moreno, both players have regressed if anything from when they first arrived which suggests little or no coaching or a lack of understanding how to manage players from Rodgers. Moreno looks more and more like a winger who had been converted to fullback, but if he's in and out of the side and sometimes brought on to play as a wide man, other times pushed way forward, basically used a number of different ways, how is that helping him when he's also adjusting to the league? Wouldn't it be better to clearly define his role in the team?

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #365 on: December 14, 2014, 03:40:09 pm »
But is it Brendan's signing's ?

Nah only the good ones are.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: December 14, 2014, 03:40:11 pm »
Top four is close to being gone and I have no faith in the manager turning it around. No idea where we go from here, but the outlook is bleak.

Need to beat Arsenal next week for any hope. We wont get anywhere with our striker options and dire defence though. My advise would be just forget about this season. At best, we might get a trip to Wembley if we get our act together.

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
« Reply #367 on: December 14, 2014, 03:40:13 pm »
I thought we played well. Movement was excellent, we pressed, we looked interested.... we just got three sucker punches.

Personally I've taken a lot of positives from that. Maybe I'm just too used to watching shite.

I thought so to. Just accept some help in sorting the defense. Get Steve Clarke back.
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #368 on: December 14, 2014, 03:40:15 pm »
Each game just leaves me numb
Sums up how I feel. Every loss or even draw used to ruin the rest of my day & be a massive dampener on the rest of the week... Now I'm just feeling numb to it all.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: December 14, 2014, 03:40:18 pm »
We did enough to win the game according to Brendan.

So what part of Lovren doing that means we deserve to win????

Fuck you.
We take a 3-0 beating and he says that. Now, by any standards, that's a tanking. You don't ship 3 and score 0 and not have a serious problem somewhere with the performance or the tactics. If people want to believe we played well, fair fucks to them, but they are living on cloud coo-coo land.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #370 on: December 14, 2014, 03:40:21 pm »
Rodgers: "We know what the solutions are and hopefully the confidence will return."

Really?  Does anyone fancy putting these solutions into practice then?

Offline flinner

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #371 on: December 14, 2014, 03:40:21 pm »
Just leaving Old Trafford. We created. We lost.

They finished. We didn't. The narratives for anything and everything else will be driven by results

Exactly.
"We've created an environment where a complete moron can not only survive, but thrive."

Offline Danan

• Kopite
« Reply #372 on: December 14, 2014, 03:40:23 pm »
Borini is not the answer, he is nowhere near good enough, he didn't play as a striker for Sunderland, he doesn't have a single outstanding ability (running about a bit does not count).

Yet, he would have converted at least one of our chances today, if not more.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: December 14, 2014, 03:40:26 pm »
We have been poor all season and this is a continuation of that. Nothing more or less. But if Rodgers doesn't alter something and we r still languishing in mid table AND we get knocked out of Europe I can see him getting the boot if not b4 Europa knock out stages.

I don't advocate sacking him but I think that unless he turns it around quickly we may have a new manager sooner rather than later.

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: December 14, 2014, 03:40:32 pm »
Didn't see the game at all. Were we at least competitive? Or was the game just a one way road?

Offline Kingstopic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: December 14, 2014, 03:40:34 pm »
Its a mare start to this season and lets face it not unpredictable. Confidence is shot with certain players esp Sterling, he misses to many chances. Its hard to see how we can turn this around, the transfer window seems a long way away at the moment :(

Yet again today showed how crucial a top goalkeeper is, we need one urgently.

I'll be having a bloody drink tonight to try and forget the fucking torture I'm going have in work tomorrow.

The season is nearly half way, its not a nightmare start, its just a nightmare season in general.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: December 14, 2014, 03:40:41 pm »
All I know is, this can't go on.

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: December 14, 2014, 03:40:49 pm »
just looking at todays game in isolation we clearly didn't deserve to lose 3-0 but a combination of good goalkeeping, average finishing and poor defending meant we did. But i think we need to look at the big picture and the problems seem pretty clear.

1. Defensively we've never settled on a back four for a series of games does Rodgers know what his best back four is?? Bringing Lovren in for Toure is not a descision based on performance as Rodgers told us he was going to do. Sakho not even making the bench and being frozen out makes no sense when we're having so many problems in central defence. At the moment my 2 CBs would be Sakho and Toure and lets give them a run of games.

2. A lack of a mobile, athletic defensive midfielder. Lucas was doing a good job then he's out and Stevie's back in that position when he's struggled this season to offer any sort of protection?? One of Gerrards quietest games i can remember today.

3. Lack of forwards, which is a combination of injury, bad planning and stubbornness on the side of the manager not to even have Borini in the 18.

Rodgers has said he will pick the team on merit not reputation but he's simply not doing that at the moment.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: December 14, 2014, 03:40:55 pm »
Rodgers talks about defensive mistakes near enough every single game now, what the fuck is he doing about it? We've looked a bit better with Lucas and Kolo, but I know lets start Lovren and Skrtel together who are absolutely shit together and are not good enough. Lets drop Lucas and Kolo when we look a bit more solid with them playing. Let's not play Sakho when he has made the least mistakes in our defence. He needs to sort it out big time

He's been talking about individual mistakes like that for almost 3 years.  Nothing has changed and that's what's really disappointing and worrying.

Offline nutmeg94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: December 14, 2014, 03:41:02 pm »
Anyone directed a big portion of their criticism toward Balotelli needs to stop supporting us. He got himself three great chances and, by merit of his finishing, should have had one. We have much bigger problems than Mario, at least he's got skill and is making an effort

Offline Kingstopic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: December 14, 2014, 03:41:04 pm »
King Kenny looked fucking disgusted in the directors box  ;D

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: December 14, 2014, 03:41:07 pm »
Interesting factoid....

We had one more shot on target today [8] than we had when we won 3-0 last season (7).
Says it all really.

except two of those shots on target were penalties

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: December 14, 2014, 03:41:08 pm »
I hate a lot of our fans just now...

Fans?

We lost 3 fucking nil to Utd.

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #383 on: December 14, 2014, 03:41:09 pm »
Rodgers talks about defensive mistakes near enough every single game now, what the fuck is he doing about it? We've looked a bit better with Lucas and Kolo, but I know lets start Lovren and Skrtel together who are absolutely shit together and are not good enough. Lets drop Lucas and Kolo when we look a bit more solid with them playing. Let's not play Sakho when he has made the least mistakes in our defence. He needs to sort it out big time

Crikey. Sakho is coming back from a long term injury. We've seen what rushing players back can do.

Offline nfletcher23

• Anny Roader
« Reply #384 on: December 14, 2014, 03:41:13 pm »
What i found most embarrassing about the second half (bar the scoreline, bar the defending, bar the tracking of runners, bar joe allens performance) was if i was Balotelli who IS a striker apparently always on a standstill watching Sterling who's a winger/number 10 making exactly the type of runs all game you'd expect from a striker, hense the reason we created so many chances, id be embarrassed as fuck, don't get me wrong Sterling could of finished at least a couple but fuck me at least he's making runs we've lacked all season, staying away from rawk for the day but fuck at least he moved, cut the hassle

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: December 14, 2014, 03:41:15 pm »
Anyone trying to claim their keeper won them the game is high. Our attempts at finishing were so poor. All he did was stand still and block. Every effort was straight at him pretty much.

Put it this way - if he'd have conceded to any of those attempts he'd have been rightly criticised.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: December 14, 2014, 03:41:19 pm »
I know people are bigging up the amount of chances we created but loads of sides have created chances against them. They have Carrick, Young, Valencia, Jones etc. in defensive positions for them, with Fellaini and Rooney in midfield. Of course you will create chances against up, its not like we fashioned chances against a solid defence.

Its hardly a positive.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #387 on: December 14, 2014, 03:41:22 pm »
I want him out. Sorry but that's just poor poor management on every level.

And don't dare anyone say we played well.

We did play well.

Up to a point. Our finishing was awful. Often our final ball was awful.

Some of our defending was awful. But we got severely punished whenever we fucked up. They were consistently let off their mistakes.

But for much of that game we played well, and their yellow card count is testimony to how often they resorted to "professional" fouls.

No way on earth was that scoreline reflective of the match as a whole.

Balotelli has zero football intelligence. He moves when should stand still, and stands still when he should move. He literally gets in the way. Shame, but absolutely not what this team needs.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #388 on: December 14, 2014, 03:41:32 pm »
I'm utterly disgusted by that. I took one look at that team selection and formation and knew instantly that this wasn't going to end well. Sorry, but the man can't be defended any more. Anyone trying to might as well go out and try and piss in gale force winds and see how far that gets you. I've not done this ever, apart from Hodgson, and even then I was reluctant in saying it, but he has to go. Simple as that.
Bollocks! Switch keepers and we'd have won that!

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: December 14, 2014, 03:41:34 pm »
Done enough to win the game.
Created chances. De Gea MOTM. Made defensive mistakes, which cost us the game. Got to keep working. Hope the confidence will return.

Comments from Rodgers in summary.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: December 14, 2014, 03:41:36 pm »
Quite simply, 'this'.

Had half of the shots we had on target gone in, we would have won.

I'll say it again, theyre keeper got MOTM. Hell people were complaining that we weren't going forward and created things. How many shots did we have, I think the most we have all season, but lets carry on moaning the opposite about what we moaning about last week eh ::)

I'm not going to talk about moaning or anything but we did reasonably well in terms of overall performance but the game clearly showed how far off we were. Our strikers or the one that played today was just so poor. Sterling missed some absolute sitters. He should have really scored a hat trick today. So too Balotelli. We did create chances, absolutely no doubt there but the finishing was so so poor. However, we can't let that mask what was really a performance lacking any semblance of control from our side.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: December 14, 2014, 03:41:36 pm »
King Kenny looked fucking disgusted in the directors box  ;D
Yeah, it was hilarious...

Offline McMahon

• mrrrnnggghh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: December 14, 2014, 03:41:40 pm »
Some positives to take from todays game for sure, but a massive problem is no goal scorers in the whole side. Not one of them is capable of scoring from rage. The down sides for Lovren get rid Allen far to lightweight.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #393 on: December 14, 2014, 03:41:46 pm »
Not that I want Rodgers gone but it's interesting:

"Ronald de Boer just said on Dutch telly that Frank de Boer would definitely listen to Liverpool should they contact him"

Hurrah, our problems are over.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: December 14, 2014, 03:41:48 pm »
If we had taken half of those sitters and the lino would have got that decision right you wouldn't be saying that. Like Carra just said, he's never seen us have so many chances against them. The fault today is with the players.

We created lots under Kenny but it didn't save him from the sack.

Does nobody remember week after week how every keeper was MOTM against us under Kenny. Do you really think that it was a bizzare run of keepers doing wonders every week.

No, it was shit finishing. We're never gonna be that solid under brendan, lets face it the man hasn't a clue what makes a good defender and when to drop one or recall one, same for midfield. But the one thing he did was get us scoring goals

Now, we can't score and it looks like keepers are having worldies all the time, they're not. This is the fuckin nail right here, if he can't get us scoring goals.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #395 on: December 14, 2014, 03:42:08 pm »
Rodgers saying our defensive issues cost us today. No shit. You drop Lucas and this is what happens.

Haha! Clueless.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: December 14, 2014, 03:42:14 pm »
Could easily have scored 6. Anybody blaming the manager for that can fuck off. Sterling for all his brilliance is fucking shite when he gets in the area unfortunately. Balotelli had bad luck with a couple but should have scored that last one, no excuse.
Spot the fuck on with this.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #397 on: December 14, 2014, 03:42:16 pm »
Absolute rubbish. We're a much better side than we were under that gobshite and playing much better football.
No comparison.

We're lacking a killer touch. With Sturridge in form we could have won that comfortably today.
Created 7 or 8 good chances against Utd at OT. Got to be taking at least 2 or 3 of them and its a different game completely.

Comparing this to Hodgson is just utterly clueless.
And without him we can't score for shit. We are a very poor side right now, very poor. Today we may have created a few chances but no one can tell me that our performances haven't been shocking for months on end. The Basel performance, last 10 minutes aside, was pitiful and we've been bested by average and poor sides one after another. What's worse is there is little sign of improvement. I applaud anyone who is positive but it seems misguided at best.

I'd still take Brendan over that twat Hodgson everyday of the week, that goes without saying.

Online Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: December 14, 2014, 03:42:22 pm »
Think it would have been worthwhile dropping Sterling back slightly in the 2nd half, United were defending deeper and having him actually running at the players would have no doubt caused them issues. 

Offline Kingstopic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: December 14, 2014, 03:42:24 pm »
Need to beat Arsenal next week for any hope. We wont get anywhere with our striker options and dire defence though. My advise would be just forget about this season. At best, we might get a trip to Wembley if we get our act together.

Im afraid the boat for top 4 has sailed mate.