Author Topic: The small things in life that make you happy  (Read 620357 times)

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
Re: The small things in life that make you happy
« Reply #7240 on: December 7, 2022, 03:47:45 pm »
looking into holes - now get your dirty minds out of the gutter will yers  :wave

y'know, walking along and seeing a hole in the ground and just looking to see what's in it/at the bottom of it - sometimes it's workmen other times 'what is that?'

a hole in a fence - you gotta look through it right? usually there' just nothing but it was enjoyable all the same

a hole in the decking in the garden - what's down there? surely just not muck dead animals and damp right?

a hole in a roof or wall - yep, shimmy on up to it and press your face against it and have a gander
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #7241 on: December 7, 2022, 03:49:12 pm »
looking into holes - now get your dirty minds out of the gutter will yers  :wave

y'know, walking along and seeing a hole in the ground and just looking to see what's in it/at the bottom of it - sometimes it's workmen other times 'what is that?'

a hole in a fence - you gotta look through it right? usually there' just nothing but it was enjoyable all the same

a hole in the decking in the garden - what's down there? surely just not muck dead animals and damp right?

a hole in a roof or wall - yep, shimmy on up to it and press your face against it and have a gander

Bet you know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall? Smartarse. ;D

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #7242 on: December 7, 2022, 03:54:46 pm »
Bet you know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall? Smartarse. ;D

oh boy, that's a hole different ball game :wave
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #7243 on: December 7, 2022, 05:58:38 pm »

Courtney Loves this post
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #7244 on: December 7, 2022, 05:59:04 pm »
oh boy, that's a hole different ball game :wave

Opening a whole other can of worms...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7245 on: December 7, 2022, 06:01:41 pm »
Realising I have been overpaying nursery fees since September so no fees now until May then only 4 months left.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #7246 on: December 8, 2022, 07:09:28 pm »
Looking forward to watching the new Harry and Meghan netflix documentary special

(this is an ironic post)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7247 on: December 8, 2022, 07:55:35 pm »
Looking forward to watching the new Harry and Meghan netflix documentary special

(this is an ironic post)

I'm looking forwards to seeing him stick the boot into te Royals
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7248 on: December 8, 2022, 08:27:36 pm »
Getting to watch Liverpool live for the first time in 5 years!

In the home end, when we’re playing away, but beggars can’t be choosers.

Brentford away?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7249 on: December 9, 2022, 12:52:10 pm »
What a beautiful person she is ♥️
if ever someone deserves a good christmas its her

I went in her to post and got distracted by this

but anyway, i love that moment when on a freezing day your house/car gets to the point of being warm and you are no longer cold
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7250 on: December 10, 2022, 08:16:08 am »
First day off and dont have to go back to work till January. I rarely do less than a 55 hour week and am worn out.

Just been for a walk and I cant feel my fingers and it's great, can now do fuck all for 3 weeks. One of the few advantages to being on your own.

All the best to my fellow reds on here.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #7251 on: December 10, 2022, 08:22:28 am »
First day off and dont have to go back to work till January. I rarely do less than a 55 hour week and am worn out.

Just been for a walk and I cant feel my fingers and it's great, can now do fuck all for 3 weeks. One of the few advantages to being on your own.

All the best to my fellow reds on here.

nice one mate. enjoy it, hope you find something nice to do

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #7252 on: December 13, 2022, 04:58:59 pm »
I know it's plastic and they're emptying your wallet quicker than a mugger, but I'll confess to absolutely loving Disneyland Paris in the lead-up to Xmas. Freezing cold, slate-grey skies... Leave cynicism at the park gates and it's magical.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7253 on: December 13, 2022, 06:40:52 pm »
What do people think of this? Government overreach or good governing? I like it, personally - but then I never smoked

New Zealand will phase in a near-total tobacco ban from next year.

Legislation passed by parliament on Tuesday means that anyone born after 2008 will never be able to buy cigarettes or tobacco products.

It will mean the number of people able to buy tobacco will shrink each year. By 2050, for example, 40-year-olds will be too young to buy cigarettes.

It's a clever way to do it I think, rather than an outright ban on existing smokers, you just draw a line and say no more. Never thought of that kind of approach before

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7254 on: December 13, 2022, 07:39:43 pm »
The feeling of booking a holiday. Know we're in a cost of living crisis but fuck it, what's the point of living in misery just watching your wallet all the time.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #7255 on: December 13, 2022, 09:35:00 pm »
What do people think of this? Government overreach or good governing? I like it, personally - but then I never smoked

New Zealand will phase in a near-total tobacco ban from next year.

Legislation passed by parliament on Tuesday means that anyone born after 2008 will never be able to buy cigarettes or tobacco products.

It will mean the number of people able to buy tobacco will shrink each year. By 2050, for example, 40-year-olds will be too young to buy cigarettes.

It's a clever way to do it I think, rather than an outright ban on existing smokers, you just draw a line and say no more. Never thought of that kind of approach before
Ah yes, prohibition definitely works, as history has shown.

The criminal gangs are rubbing their hands with glee at the opening of a huge new field of operations gifted to them by the government.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #7256 on: December 13, 2022, 11:25:36 pm »

The criminal gangs are rubbing their hands with glee at the opening of a huge new field of operations gifted to them by the government.

Was my unfortunate first thought as well.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7257 on: December 14, 2022, 12:30:00 am »
Seeing my Daughter smile each and every day.

Being a new dad is tough, but her smile and laugh make it all worth it.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #7258 on: December 14, 2022, 12:51:57 am »
Doing tiny random things that people don't realise.

In town over recent months I have noticed some stuff and interjected slightly and moved on to change, thankfully, what was going on. And I think no one knew.

Maybe not even me :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #7259 on: December 14, 2022, 02:39:11 pm »
Melting those little packaging wotsits.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7260 on: December 14, 2022, 03:05:51 pm »
Every morning without fail my 12 year old sings "Fuck the Tories, der der der der der der"

He gets his education from the Kop.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7261 on: December 14, 2022, 03:15:01 pm »

Yeah, fair comment. You may be absolutely right. I feel like tobacco could potentially be eliminated easier than other drugs though, since it's not really intoxicating and its popularity is on the wane. Would there be a big black market for it that there isn't already (bootleg cigs to avoid taxes)

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #7262 on: December 14, 2022, 03:36:40 pm »
Yeah, fair comment. You may be absolutely right. I feel like tobacco could potentially be eliminated easier than other drugs though, since it's not really intoxicating and its popularity is on the wane. Would there be a big black market for it that there isn't already (bootleg cigs to avoid taxes)
Once something is prohibited it increases in allure.

You can imagine, for example, young adults hearing stories from older people about how when they were young they could smoke and buy tobacco, "unlike you youngsters today", leaving them feeling like they are being denied a pleasurable vice, or a rite of passage or however they choose to see it. Suddenly the older people who can still buy tobacco have a ready market of younger people and teens wanting to buy off them, to give this mysterious thing they are banned from buying, a go. And then the gangs move in...

I'm not a smoker (haven't been for decades) so I'm not pro-tobacco or anything. But we've seen the vast expenditure in time, money, manpower and opportunities lost that have resulted from various prohibitions, with very little dent in the actual availability and use of said products, thanks to the systems of suppply and dealing set up by criminal enterprises.

It just seems retrograde to add another product line to that.

Discouraging smoking can only really work by making it dull and boring and anti-social and ruinously expensive. Prohibit it and it becomes cool and edgy and underground - and affordable again.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7263 on: December 15, 2022, 03:30:30 pm »
Just bought tickets for the Legends game in March. It will be my daughter's first visit to Anfield, she will be nearly 4 and hopefully the start of her following Liverpool.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7264 on: December 15, 2022, 03:49:10 pm »
forecast for today is a total bitch.  gale force winds, then rain, then freezing rain, then snow ... all in sub-zero temps.

and I have no need to leave the house.  :)

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7265 on: December 15, 2022, 03:53:28 pm »
forecast for today is a total bitch.  gale force winds, then rain, then freezing rain, then snow ... all in sub-zero temps.

and I have no need to leave the house.  :)

Do you get Polar Bears near you?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7266 on: December 15, 2022, 03:56:11 pm »
Do you get Polar Bears near you?
just the friendly ones.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #7267 on: December 15, 2022, 04:06:25 pm »
When some kind soul gathers up all the abandoned shopping trolleys that are blocking the entrance to the shopping centre when it's blowing a gale outside and -15 windchill and all I want to do is get inside where it's warm and not trip over 17 fucking abandoned shopping trolleys.... :-X :P

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7268 on: December 15, 2022, 04:07:51 pm »
When some kind soul gathers up all the abandoned shopping trolleys that are blocking the entrance to the shopping centre when it's blowing a gale outside and -15 windchill and all I want to do is get inside where it's warm and not trip over 17 fucking abandoned shopping trolleys.... :-X :P

I heard the poor kid whose job it was to gather up the shopping trolleys got laid off and has now joined a violence gang  :'(

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #7269 on: December 15, 2022, 04:17:10 pm »
I heard the poor kid whose job it was to gather up the shopping trolleys got laid off and has now joined a violence gang  :'(
That'll explain why 17 of the fucking things were just sitting around then....... :P

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #7270 on: December 16, 2022, 12:25:14 pm »
unloaded the dishwasher, reloaded with yesterday and this mornings stuff all whilst lunch (soup and toast) being made - and then finding enough space for jug, bowl and plate to fit in.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7271 on: December 16, 2022, 12:37:49 pm »
unloaded the dishwasher, reloaded with yesterday and this mornings stuff all whilst lunch (soup and toast) being made - and then finding enough space for jug, bowl and plate to fit in.

That reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend of mine and how mens logic worked.

She lived out in Halsall and had an older neighbour who lived on his own. She was around his house one day and noticed he didn't have any cupboard space for plates/dishes etc and two dishwashers. She asked him why 2 dishwashers and no cupboards.  "Well, when I first got them, I put all my clean dishes in this one here. Then I take the plates etc out as I need them, use them, then put the dirty plates in this one here. I keep doing that until this dishwasher is full, then I wash everything. Then, I take each item I need to use, use it and put it in that one there, then when that's full...." 

Male logic is brilliant at times.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #7272 on: December 16, 2022, 01:12:49 pm »
That reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend of mine and how mens logic worked.

She lived out in Halsall and had an older neighbour who lived on his own. She was around his house one day and noticed he didn't have any cupboard space for plates/dishes etc and two dishwashers. She asked him why 2 dishwashers and no cupboards.  "Well, when I first got them, I put all my clean dishes in this one here. Then I take the plates etc out as I need them, use them, then put the dirty plates in this one here. I keep doing that until this dishwasher is full, then I wash everything. Then, I take each item I need to use, use it and put it in that one there, then when that's full...." 

:lmao

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #7273 on: December 16, 2022, 01:25:38 pm »

Until he gets married and his wife tells him he's loading the dishwasher incorrectly.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7274 on: December 18, 2022, 01:20:25 pm »
Watching the original Thunderbirds film on telly now. 😊
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7275 on: December 18, 2022, 02:28:20 pm »
Watching the original Thunderbirds film on telly now. 😊

Made the same year I was born, you must have been 2 or 3 when it came out.

Loved thunderbirds, captain scarlett, stingray as a kid.

I tried to get my lads to watch a few years ago, thought they'd love it. They just took the piss out of the sfx and the puppets.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7276 on: December 18, 2022, 02:55:09 pm »
Made the same year I was born, you must have been 2 or 3 when it came out.

Loved thunderbirds, captain scarlett, stingray as a kid.

I tried to get my lads to watch a few years ago, thought they'd love it. They just took the piss out of the sfx and the puppets.

It's just finished. Great stuff. It even had Cliff and The Shadows playing at the Swinging Star.

I was born on November '62 so I'd be 4 if it came out late '66.

The Gerry Anderson stuff was great when we were kids. Along with the shows you mention there I also loved Joe 90 and UFO. Even though I've seen UFO a million times I still watch the reruns currently on freeview.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7277 on: December 18, 2022, 03:19:13 pm »
Having my two granddaughters here 😁

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7278 on: December 18, 2022, 04:04:19 pm »

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7279 on: December 18, 2022, 09:03:08 pm »
It's just finished. Great stuff. It even had Cliff and The Shadows playing at the Swinging Star.

I was born on November '62 so I'd be 4 if it came out late '66.

The Gerry Anderson stuff was great when we were kids. Along with the shows you mention there I also loved Joe 90 and UFO. Even though I've seen UFO a million times I still watch the reruns currently on freeview.

Forgot about Joe 90, always watched that. I still catch UFO occasionally too, watched one Friday night. As kids, we'd go down the slide at the park as if we were Interceptor pilots scrambling. Used to have a Dinky Interceptor toy that had the rocket in the nose, that fired.
Jurgen YNWA