Author Topic: Liverpool 0 - Real Madrid 3 FT  (Read 92452 times)

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 0 - Real Madrid 3 FT
« Reply #1200 on: October 23, 2014, 12:28:57 pm »
Surprise, surprise!

Wouldn't be a post match thread without someone giving Johnson stick now would it?

Flanagan offers little going forward compared to the other two and Manquillo isn't as good defensively as Johnson.
Where have I given him stick ?  I would have both over him, that's my opinion, I haven't laid into Johnson or anything.

Your reaction is massively over the top.

Offline Serano

• Kopite
« Reply #1201 on: October 23, 2014, 12:29:37 pm »
I think Flannagan should play ahead of Manquillo. Flanagan will be at the club for the long haul, Manquillo may well be off back to Atleti at the end of the season. Flanagan can grow into the role and be part of the back four for years to come.

Offline Simon C

• witty wording
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tries to post intelligently and normally fails..
« Reply #1202 on: October 23, 2014, 12:30:54 pm »
Surprise, surprise!

Wouldn't be a post match thread without someone giving Johnson stick now would it?

Flanagan offers little going forward compared to the other two and Manquillo isn't as good defensively as Johnson.

Johnson was dreadful, very poor defensively, his distribution was horrible and for me spent to much time chatting up Ronaldo rather than marking.
He is playing a player who's knows he has no future. I'd have rather played Manquillo and given the lad some big game experince he couldn't have been any worse.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1203 on: October 23, 2014, 12:31:17 pm »
I think Flannagan should play ahead of Manquillo. Flanagan will be at the club for the long haul, Manquillo may well be off back to Atleti at the end of the season. Flanagan can grow into the role and be part of the back four for years to come.
If Flanagan can rediscover the form he was showing before his injury, he'd be my choice given the current squad.

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1204 on: October 23, 2014, 12:31:21 pm »
Surprise, surprise!

Manquillo is light years ahead ofJohnson defensively, and Flanagan offers much more going forward.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1205 on: October 23, 2014, 12:31:33 pm »

So could Manquillo.  Going by your logic, signing him in the first place was pretty pointless.

Offline Simon C

• witty wording
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1206 on: October 23, 2014, 12:31:48 pm »
Where have you got that he is heading back to Atletico?

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #1207 on: October 23, 2014, 12:32:24 pm »
Last season we'd have given them a game. We are in transition at the moment, they are the champions of Europe and at the level we aspire to be. I was pleased it was only 3 goals and felt our major failing in the 1st half was supporting Mario Balotelli.

It was ever thus.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1208 on: October 23, 2014, 12:32:36 pm »
Where have you got that he is heading back to Atletico?
He's on loan to us.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #1209 on: October 23, 2014, 12:35:13 pm »
Although its painfull I can accept we where outplayed by a much better team..but that's where it ends.  We contributed to it by failing to match their work rate at times ( all great teams work fucking hard) and our mandatory piss poor defending...the big question is will Rogers and the team learn from this.

BTW is the 'Anfield Atmosphere' media and fan build up to big games working against us...teams are preparing themselves....and the expectation of the crowds influencing the game unrealistic? Lets face it the reason why Inter , St Etienne , Auxerre and Chelsea are legendary is because the crowd had no expectation and they where inspirational great team performances, we become part of the game. If some how we get out the group and pull a plum tie....let the talk be of the football and let the atmosphere be what it is.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #1210 on: October 23, 2014, 12:35:41 pm »
I rarely praise our opposition but Real Madrid's ball retention yesterday was simply stunning.

As for our team, nothing new there. All things we have been watching and mentioning this season showed their ugly face once more. The most worrying thing is we have yet to get better at those and it's worrying cause it shouldn't be that hard to get better with us already reaching bottom. Cause defensive display, goalkeeping, is pretty much bottom already. Creating chances and lack of cutting edge is far from perfect too.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1211 on: October 23, 2014, 12:37:04 pm »
I think Liverpool played ok against Real.

I think so too. Before the game I said Real probably had the best midifield in terms of technique since the last half of the 80s, so, even if some of the teams that have faced them in the Spanish league were not among the best, it was not rare to expect a very good performance yesterday. I also said, contrary to many of football fans opinion, that even if Bale not playing was good news for Liverpool, Isco presence was going to make Madrid's game way more fluid and precise. I didn't see lack of attitude from Liverpool players bar Balotelli.

Offline Simon C

• witty wording
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1212 on: October 23, 2014, 12:38:45 pm »
He's on loan to us.
And we have an option to buy, I've seen nothing to suggest at this point whether we will be keeping him or sending him back. I'd like to keep him and have 2 hungry and talented right backs on the books.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1213 on: October 23, 2014, 12:42:03 pm »
And we have an option to buy, I've seen nothing to suggest at this point whether we will be keeping him or sending him back. I'd like to keep him and have 2 hungry and talented right backs on the books.

I think Atleti can recall him at any stage and pay 5m. We have the option to buy but they don't have to sell to us. They can just recall him.

I'd love for him to stay as well. Flanangan and Manquilo as our right sided fullbacks would have us set for years.

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #1214 on: October 23, 2014, 12:42:04 pm »
We've got a lot of problems.

And I'm one of the optimistic ones.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #1215 on: October 23, 2014, 12:44:46 pm »

Two? Wisdom?
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1216 on: October 23, 2014, 12:45:28 pm »
Afternoon...

Witnessed a very good team in Europe last night with excellent movement and decision making that is also able to dictate the tempo of the game. Isco impressed me alot, as did the tandem work Modric and Kroos did to get around our pressing.

We were in that match for 20 minutes, but after the Ronaldo goal and the other quickfire goals (could have been helped defensively.....) it just absolutely flattened us in the crowd and to an extents the players on the pitch too. At halftime i didn't think the scoreline was justified, although they had shown clear quality above what we were able to produce...

2nd half was a bit of an exhibition....we never really convinced looking for a way back in and they had little issue keeping us out. There were a few chances at either end but in the end I was happy we didn't get battered whilst disappointed we lost the way we did...

I didn't even think we played that badly (compared to what we've seen this season e.g QPR)....but we had to be at our best to get something from that game because Madrid were very good in patches and did what they needed to do. We got punished for the mistakes we made, we didn't do the same.

Shows the gap in the 5 years out of CL and the sort of quality we have to aspire to....I mean in terms of overall play, from the defence right through to the attack. (I of course have not forgotten some of the sensational attacking football we played last season)

It was a humbling experience, but Ancelotti himself said that was the best he's seen Madrid this season.....and that was the best team i've seen at Anfield for some time.

Nothing to panic about, we were half expecting it anyway, behind all the rallying war-cries which have to be done in preparation (and rightly so!)....we are not out the CL, it is very much alive. Lets look forward to a positive result against Hull

Onwards
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #1217 on: October 23, 2014, 12:47:13 pm »
A crumb of comfort from Spain's AS paper:

England remains the temple of all of the great values in this sport – and Anfield especially, but not only Liverpool’s fabled ground. Just one visit to Liverpool’s stadium can cure us, if only temporarily, of at least some of the tiresome tittle-tattle which we have to abide so frequently in this country. Football has always been a game of beauty, but it’s even more beautiful when it is viewed with the respect shown last night on Merseyside.

Offline Zelnaga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1218 on: October 23, 2014, 12:48:25 pm »
We've got a lot of problems.

And I'm one of the optimistic ones.

Real gave us a proper lesson in football and could have potentially humiliated us if they didnt take their foot off the gas. I hope some of our super fans will take their roses tinted glasses off now, if they think this season is all rosey.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1219 on: October 23, 2014, 12:49:23 pm »
Real gave us a proper lesson in football and could have potentially humiliated us if they didnt take their foot off the gas. I hope some of our super fans will take their roses tinted glasses off now, if they think this season is all rosey.

Its not all rosey, but its not a disaster either.

Offline Zelnaga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1220 on: October 23, 2014, 12:49:49 pm »
I don't think many have a massive issue with the shirt swapping.

It's more to do with how awful he is up front for us. Genuinely at this minute in time is offering us nothing

Balotelli is the least of our problems. I think his shirt swapping saga is a smokescreen to how poor weve been playing.

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
« Reply #1221 on: October 23, 2014, 12:49:58 pm »
I hoped providing myself a bit of time to collect my thoughts might bring some clarity to the absolute horror show we just witnessed. But it hasn't so apologies if this doesn't flow!

There is absolutely no shame in being beaten, home or away, by that Madrid side. They have some of the very best players in the world, big, strong and fast. But to go down with nothing but a mild mannered whimper, gifting ridiculous goals and offering very little in attack was embarrassing. Where has our energy, our passion and determination gone? There was very little on show last night, after the first goal we simply rolled over and begged for the end.

The defense is a joke. Keeper, centre backs and defensive midfielder all culpable. Lovren gets caught out time and again. The first goal, he's 2 meters ahead of Skrtel, if he stays level with his partner he's in position to deal with the ball over his head. Its a first class finish but preventable. Gerrads another one always out of position. First goal, he again follows the ball instead of tracking Ronaldo's run.

For the second two; why we cant defend high balls into the box is beyond me. The centre backs and Gerrard are big athletic guys, as is Johnson they should be able to deal with crosses much better. And as for reacting to the second ball... we just stand around mesmerized by the thing like its about to explode. Its just basic stuff. Do we actually practice this stuff in training?

The attack and midfield where also pretty toothless. Coutinho aside, the others looked like a rabbit in the headlights. Too many safe passes, not enough urgency or bravery. Coutinho had a go but needed runners who weren't there. A big strength of the side last year was the number of players willing to run beyond the front men. This year its non-existent.  Weak. I felt slightly sorry for Balotelli, he was by no means our worst performer and it looks to me like he's been scapegoated.

I was however, particularly disappointed with Gerrard. That was not a captains performance. He was the guy with the big game experience, he's been there and done it before and he needed to have a big game and lead by example, especially when we went a goal down. Unfortunately, like so often this year he looked slow and cumbersome with the ball and even slower without it and that has such a negative effect on our tempo and confidence. He never tracks runners and if he cant do it then he shouldn't be playing defensive mid.

Moving forward, I hope Rodgers is humble enough to take this medicine and implement some changes. Sturridge will improve us no-end going forward, and in defending from the front which has also completely disappeared. But its at the back and in the middle were are problems lie. We have to create the basis for the attackers to play with freedom, without the pressure of knowing 1 goal will not be enough to win a game.

Get a defensive coach in. Steve Clarke? Carra? Even just on a consultancy basis. Individually the defenders aren't bad but collectively they are way short of the mark. Also, get a decent goalkeeper coach in because Mignolet is getting worse, not better.

Against Hull I would give rests to Mignolet, Lovren, Johnson, Gerrard and Balotelli. There is no point having a squad and 'competition' if certain players are never under pressure for their place in the team. Some time on the bench would do some the world of good.

Enough is enough.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1222 on: October 23, 2014, 12:50:17 pm »
Hyperbole , Hyperbole, we lost to one of the best teams in the world, but so long as that gives a vehicle for scapegoating Johnson, Mario and Rodgers then it served some purpose for the usual suspects, as for glen talking to ronaldo get real, so did Stevie they have respect for each other on the pitch and probably off it.

As for Souness great player shit person covers it for me.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1223 on: October 23, 2014, 12:50:19 pm »
I feel Balotelli is being used as a bit of a scape goat for last night. He swapped his shirt at the tunnel, no big deal. Ok he hasn't filled Suarez's boots, but in all honesty who would? £16m was never the answer.  Souness is hounding the lad out of the club, ok he has,t hit the ground running, but neither have more expensive signings.

I would be more forgiving of Mario if he looked like he gave a damn. There are two types of players nowadays. There are those that once having signed for Liverpool think they've made it and basically that is it. Then there are others who having come here, realise that signing for Liverpool is only the start of the hard work. To me so far Mario belongs in the former.

I'm not saying that things are ideal for him in the way the team is set up, but he can still do more for himself. Too often he loses interest, doesn't look around at where the other players are. Some of his passing too is not too impressive either. But his attitude is something he can work on, and he needs to.

As far as the shirt swapping that in itself is minor, though I don't like any player doing it. It should be done after the game and not at half-time.

The defence is still struggling badly, though it will take time. I really think we need another goalkeeper one who can encourage competition. It is not healthy having one who is picked continually despite his form. We need to fix that in time for the next transfer period.

"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1224 on: October 23, 2014, 12:51:31 pm »
Surprise, surprise!

:lmao

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1225 on: October 23, 2014, 12:53:13 pm »

when i read a poster use this childish name calling i picture a 12 year old hoping that his balls will drop one day.  Just saying like!
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Simon C

• witty wording
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1226 on: October 23, 2014, 12:54:18 pm »
Two? Wisdom?
Good point forgot about him, isn't he more a centre half?

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1227 on: October 23, 2014, 01:03:50 pm »
The first 20 minutes showed a glimpse of what made us so good last season. I was genuinely encouraged by it. Then, when we dropped the pace of the game, or let it drop, we got picked off with some very good play.

On the plus side, Coutinho looks back on form, Sterling is still very, very good and I also thought Lallana was bright when he came on.

The negatives are many, but the main one is our inability to defend. Brendan, give Carra a call and get him down to Melwood for a few days a week to remind the defence how to defend.

After such a dodgy start to the season, to be fourth in the league and still very much in with a shout of qualifying from our CL group, is a massive bonus. However, if we cannot sort out our major weakness at the back every team will be trying to exploit it. Hull are next, and I would imagine they will be playing for corners and free kicks knowing we're likely to ship a couple of goals.

Hurry back Sturridge!

Offline Paulie's Wallnuts

• There's an old Italian saying: you fuck up once, you lose two teeth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow Me Fuckface
« Reply #1228 on: October 23, 2014, 01:05:10 pm »
I would be more forgiving of Mario if he looked like he gave a damn. There are two types of players nowadays. There are those that once having signed for Liverpool think they've made it and basically that is it. Then there are others who having come here, realise that signing for Liverpool is only the start of the hard work. To me so far Mario belongs in the former.

I'm not saying that things are ideal for him in the way the team is set up, but he can still do more for himself. Too often he loses interest, doesn't look around at where the other players are. Some of his passing too is not too impressive either. But his attitude is something he can work on, and he needs to.

As far as the shirt swapping that in itself is minor, though I don't like any player doing it. It should be done after the game and not at half-time.

The defence is still struggling badly, though it will take time. I really think we need another goalkeeper one who can encourage competition. It is not healthy having one who is picked continually despite his form. We need to fix that in time for the next transfer period.
Ive only read this page of the thread but I really don't understand the anger at the shirt swapping. Not picking on anyone in particular but saw many ex-pros and journalists slating him for doing it at half time.

Can anyone explain why it's so disrespectful to change shirts at half time?
'If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.'

Offline El_Pelusa_10

• Kopite
  • Diego Armando Maradona-Greatest Player Of All Time
« Reply #1229 on: October 23, 2014, 01:06:51 pm »

It's these sort of unconstructive posts that make post match threads so fucking toxic.

Are you seriously asking why Sakho didn't start?

Think before you post!

Where did I say Sakho should be starting tonight???? Can you point that out please????

The point I was trying to make was tonight again was another game where the 2 at the back have been poor. Yet it's Rodgers preferred 2.

Sakho and Lovren had a run together and wasn't that bad but as soon as Skrtel was fit again he went straight back in. And for what I don't know because they've been shocking together but you won't see Sakho and Lovren get the run that the other pairing has.

Nothing they've done together all season has warranted them starting when we've other options like Sakho on the bench.

So that's what I meant. Maybe you should "think before you post" in future.

Offline fallenhd

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1230 on: October 23, 2014, 01:09:09 pm »
Ideally he shouldn't of done it, but its blinking stupid to blame him for our problems, like fans, media and even
the blinking manager seems to be doing. Lets jus blame balotelli for keeping 1 clean sheet in 18 games, or consistently
conceding the same goals over and over. best fans in the world, maybe five years ago, and wats even baffling is rodgers
continues to scapegoat balotelli, dont think i ever saw that with suarez or sturridge.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1231 on: October 23, 2014, 01:12:22 pm »
Ideally he shouldn't of done it, but its blinking stupid to blame him for our problems, like fans, media and even
the blinking manager seems to be doing. Lets jus blame balotelli for keeping 1 clean sheet in 18 games, or consistently
conceding the same goals over and over. best fans in the world, maybe five years ago, and wats even baffling is rodgers
continues to scapegoat balotelli, dont think i ever saw that with suarez or sturridge.

So when he says our defence was awful he is talking about Mario is he? 

The media are scapegoating Mario, they told him about the shirt swap he said  he didnt know about that but we dont do that here and he will deal with it, which bit of that was Rodgers Scapegoating Mario?

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1232 on: October 23, 2014, 01:36:13 pm »
Don't really see how Rodgers is scapegoating Balotelli?

He said he'd deal with it when he got asked about it, that's it, no? We fined Sakho and Coutinho for swapping shirts at Chelsea last season.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #1233 on: October 23, 2014, 01:43:34 pm »
Manquillo isn't as good defensively as Johnson.
Thanks for cheering everyone up  ;D
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #1234 on: October 23, 2014, 01:48:44 pm »
My post is not aimed specifically at the Madrid game - although the game highlighted it more so than any other so far this season because of the fine way we played in that opening quarter of the game. So what I'm saying may well be the wrong thread for it. It's just that I cannot get out of my head what I see as such a basic  underlying transfer management mistake.

At the moment, and as we so clearly witnessed in the madrid game, the emphasis seems to be on the intrinsic inability of the defence to defend. I can see that. You would have to be blind not to see it.

However, the thing I cannot get out of my head and is eating me up is why when last season we had qualified so magnificently for the Champions League why are we now facing a team like Madrid without a solitary forward outlet/striker comparable to the fleet of foot, inventive, goal thirsty forward outlets which procured us that qualification?

Instead, the forward outlets we currently have consist of two relatively immobile big men both of whom constitute the complete opposite in forward/striker styles to what we had last season together with a player who is willing and pacy but who whenever I've seen him seems incapable of providing a worthwhile final pass or finish.

Tellingly and understandable given the showings so far of the players concerned, not one of the three appear to carry the confidence of the supporters in their ability or perhaps more significantly in their respective playing styles and what they bring to the table for the team. Even more tellingly they do not seem to carry the confidence of their manager and their playing colleagues.

I simply cannot fathom it.

We knew in well enough time that Suarez was on his way and we knew Daniel Sturridge was injury prone.

So why did we not make the necessary provision to replace them/provide the requisite back up?

How did we arrive in the pitiful situation where in last night's second half we are attempting to score against Madrid without a solitary forward striking player on the pitch because the manager has no faith or confidence in the three strikers he has available?

How can that be?

I do not see much other football besides our own these days but I simply do not accept there was nothing out there other than Lambert and Balotelli. I've seen enough of the likes of West Ham, West Brom, Southampton etc to know this isn't the case and god knows what was/is available across Europe and South America.

I do not crave a new Suarez - well I do but you know what I mean - and I realise the pacy striking talents such as purchased by the teams I mentioned are not in that class but players of that style and ability could at the very least have provided a passing resemblance to the striking outlets we boasted last season.

And please do not quote Origi and Remy to me. I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing the reasons we haven't got them at the moment/won't ever get them.

It seems to me there has been a significant and very possibly [but hopefully not] a costly cock up in the transfer management of this club. I do not know who is responsible for it and to be honest as long as we can get Daniel Sturridge back and firing very quickly and bring in some comparable pacy striking talents in the January to complement him and/or replace him when he's injured I don't really fucking care. Mistakes happen in football. The important thing is rectifying them.

Our defence may well be flimsy right now and clearly demands urgent attention but a team without an outlet in which it believes and feeds is on a loser from the start.

Offline rsdhada

• Boys Pen
  • Maradonner Kebab
« Reply #1235 on: October 23, 2014, 01:49:06 pm »
Its just the backwards steps we are taking rather then losing to RM. The Suarez factor being so inmportant is frustrating.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1236 on: October 23, 2014, 01:55:08 pm »
They're a brilliant team, we were outclassed. Shows what we need to work on, defensively we are still a shambles.

People are forgetting though that they beat Bayern Munich 4-0 last season, they're a class above at the moment.

Then again they only managed to win 2-1 at Ludogorets three weeks ago. That's about as relevant to yesterday's game as Real's win against Bayern half a year ago. We have certain issues and talking about how great a side Real Madrid are won't change that...

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #1237 on: October 23, 2014, 01:56:31 pm »
Your flaw being that you mixed up the order there: we play against Ludogorets before Basel come to Anfield rather than after.
Good point mate, had forgotten about that.

In that case it'll probably come down to must-win at home against Basel as long as we don't lose in Bulgaria.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #1238 on: October 23, 2014, 02:05:35 pm »
If people are going to hang Mario out to dry over the shirt swap, I think we should also look at the likes of Johnson, smiling and chummying it up with Ronaldo.
Its not the same thing, but its not the attitude I want to see from our players in a 'must not lose' game.
Meh I think you're taking football too seriously. If a player can't enjoy himself for one moment when he's playing the best player in the world when can he? It's not like Ronaldo beat him 1v1 either... In fact apart from the benzema header Johnson was very solid.

Offline Red Sea

• ...has (de)parted.
  • Legacy Fan
  • BR is the hero we need, not the hero we deserve.
« Reply #1239 on: October 23, 2014, 02:08:42 pm »
Meh I think you're taking football too seriously. If a player can't enjoy himself for one moment when he's playing the best player in the world when can he? It's not like Ronaldo beat him 1v1 either... In fact apart from the benzema header Johnson was very solid.
ronaldo skinned johnson in he first half very badly.